[Drama 2012] Five Fingers (다섯손가락)

cherkell

I think MS used JH.... Poor JH... i am so sad for him. I am Only half way through, so I could be wrong. But since some of you that completed the drama are still quite confuse of MS motives... So I guess this was not properly explained till the end? My take after IH got hold of the key... MS is only using JH to man up his real son. The one he truly love is IH? JH is like a catalyst to IH. MS knew that his son gonna be one spoilt brat and may be would not truly develop his talent and if he has someone to compete with may be he'll work harder and this way IH full potential shall be revealed?????..... If this is the case... I think I will go to korea and dig MS grave..... MY GOD..... There's so many episodes..... I am not sure if I can last.... And I think I reach the part where JH wheel is going down... :( ..... Heartache and more heartache.... But I love every minute of this mind torturing drama..... Ok I am off to continue my marathon.. Will come back and report live from my living room.... bambiina signing off.... Roger and out

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Bambiina Hi, you're watching this too? I stopped at Ep 20 when it was airing (full concentration on NG, that's why  ;) ) and have been lurking around reading. Am going at a leisurely pace with this one - can't take all the torture and 2 episodes per sitting is the max. Love reading your hair pulling escapades though  :)) See ya.

@ZarraJae - never tot I would see you here.... slept at 5.00 am today... thank god I didn't watch while is was still airing.. I could not take all the suspense and the heartache... 1 week is too long to wait for next episode... with all the crazy cliffhanger at the end of every episode... I wouldn't have survived.... @sophiechoice he is brilliant. evil kind of brilliant.... OK .. I have 3 more episode ... and the ending was not good huh .... ???

i just saw the ending with subtitles and i totally get it now. except for one thing. JH had extremely good hearing. he figured out codes and phone numbers by sounds. how did he not hear grandma was in a hospital with all the beeping is beyond me. and also, how did he not se her running after his car? 

@Maral - Agree! Also how could he not tell Step Granny was crying but he didn't even ask why? I think he hung up though which is why he didn't hear the flat-line at the end. 

Just finishing up the ending with subs. Whoa, all I did was cry through both episodes! *shocker* As much as I hated YR, I'm crying my eyes out at the end. I still say the scene where she sneaks into JH's bedroom to memorize his face with her hands was the most heartbreaking thing I've ever seen. I hated her so much, I wanted her to die. Guess I got my wish.

The conversation between YR and Secretary Oh was interesting so pay attention to that (those of you who were still trying to figure out MS - like me) The death scene of YR was horrible but amazing. Chae Si-ra is perfection in this role (and a new find for me) I'm now on a hunt to find & watch every drama/movie she's been in. She should win an award for this performance. And Step-Granny too. I love her character and can see why this actress would choose such a meaty role.

JH says his Mom sent him an new album every month (while he was in Germany) So who was doing that? JW? Step-Granny or In Ha? I'm still not sure I understand why they're keeping YR's death from JH beyond letting him be happy for those 3 years? But In Ha was apparently going to tell him after the concert at the end.

All in all this was a great series and I very much enjoyed it! Hang in there, @Bambina! :D

tessieroo said: @Maral - Agree! Also how could he not tell Step Granny was crying but he didn't even ask why? I think he hung up though which is why he didn't hear the flat-line at the end. 

Just finishing up the ending with subs. Whoa, all I did was cry through both episodes! *shocker* As much as I hated YR, I'm crying my eyes out at the end. I still say the scene where she sneaks into JH's bedroom to memorize his face with her hands was the most heartbreaking thing I've ever seen. I hated her so much, I wanted her to die. Guess I got my wish.

The conversation between YR and Secretary Oh was interesting so pay attention to that (those of you who were still trying to figure out MS - like me) The death scene of YR was horrible but amazing. Chae Si-ra is perfection in this role (and a new find for me) I'm now on a hunt to find & watch every drama/movie she's been in. She should win an award for this performance. And Step-Granny too. I love her character and can see why this actress would choose such a meaty role.

JH says his Mom sent him an new album every month (while he was in Germany) So who was doing that? JW? Step-Granny or In Ha? I'm still not sure I understand why they're keeping YR's death from JH beyond letting him be happy for those 3 years? But In Ha was apparently going to tell him after the concert at the end.

All in all this was a great series and I very much enjoyed it! Hang in there, @Bambina! :D

@andy78 - 

That's what I figured out - MS loved YR so very much that he brought her son with another man into his house so that son would be beside his mom. Even though he didn't tell either of them, he made sure JH was loved & protected. I wonder if he thought YR would love/protect this boy she thought was the result of his affair? If so, he thought wrong. But he still loved & protected JH himself.

Ah, this one is sticking with me for awhile. :x

tessieroo said: @andy78 - 

That's what I figured out - MS loved YR so very much that he brought her son with another man into his house so that son would be beside his mom. Even though he didn't tell either of them, he made sure JH was loved & protected. I wonder if he thought YR would love/protect this boy she thought was the result of his affair? If so, he thought wrong. But he still loved & protected JH himself.

Ah, this one is sticking with me for awhile. :x

i still don't get why O if he knew JH was to be protected helped YR  to destroy him. and don't forget, the letter JH got was really for IH. so i doubt MS did all of this only out of love. 

all and all i still love this drama

even though i dont really like the ending, but that was the most make sense one for this plotline, pretending if this story happened in RL then its what most like to happened in the end for JH-DM case, and well i accepted :D  its grow on me ;)

@Bambiina - prepare box of tissues in handy :D

@sophiechoice nah... tissue won't do... it stick all over my face.... I used towel... kekekekeke.... kept on shooh shreeh shoooh shreeh.... :sound effect for blowing nose:

I love the ending........... I love everything about FF .... yeah it's overloaded with makjang element... but what da heck.... as long as it's entertaining whatever - right....

I love the twist in this drama and one of a few drama that I don't mind the villain to repent and not to be punished. I cried buckets, this is sad. I imagine myself in JH shoes.... very very sad and that the reason I want YR to repent and not to be punished. I am so happy that finally JH able to feel loved (by his mom). The only thing he ever want, a brother and a mom (oh ya play piano and DM too). I am glad that grandma is always there to support him (in her own way). 
Anyway I think MS is cruel, I think he did it on purpose. If he was really sincere like @tessieroo said, he wouldn't have lied about JH being his son with his mistress ... he could've make it easy and tell his wife - hey I found your child.. I love you so much and I don't mind taking care your son. In fact I don't mind giving my company to you and your ex-lover son. I am such a kind hearted man... seriously I don't mind. 
MS still harbor some kind of hatred, jealousy toward YR & YR ex. He didn't trust her even though she was on beck and call for both him and his mom. Imagine to have a beeper that 'dedicated' to serve someone... anyway the writer didn't show enough on MS and YR so I can't quite make up my mind whether YR really love him or only after his money, I mean during the earlier years, or did she lived with hatred since the day he married her? ... or may be I might missed it cause I was constantly on dozed off mode :D - during the first few episodes. Anyway I am sure that MS wanted to hurt YR when he took JH in. Why wait until JH grew up? Why did he give the handkerchief to JH? So that YR someday would find it and know JH is her son when it's too late? Why create rift between the child? 
If he did not leave the handkerchief with JH I would say he is 50% sincere. Let the secret remain forever. 
He knew by bringing JH back he would inflicted further heartache to YR. He knew YR hated him (base on the ring he found in the pool and YR fake ignorant), so he knew YR shall be tormented to take care of 'his son' ... he knew YR gonna hate JH... and to further ensure the boys shall be enemy and compete till the end he left each boys with the spruces.... suppose to be of the same 'value'. But I think the one JH has is more valuable since it's still available and cheaper. I wonder why he let JH which is not his son to have the upper hand? Or may be he know JH nature and will let his real son win?Or he knew that YR somehow shall ensure his real son win at the end? 
BTW - it's hard to think that MS really love JH when JH came into their life later than IH and on top of that JH is the son of someone he hate so much - YR ex lover, his purpose is to torment YR and at the same time to man up his son. So in  way he used JH (he knew JH is extra ordinary).
So the real villain here is MS ... YR just stupid to fall for the trap.  @tessieroo ... sorry :D kekekekekeke

the death of young rang was moving all right but ji ho didn't figure madame na was crying ?  also she knew the terrains of the island since she has been living there for quite sometime, how come she didn't knew she was climbing a steep cliff. anything for a more cinematic ending. at least the grandma with alz had a closure but manse's role in the whole thing was not properly explained.   did he think his wife was such a martyr she would love his 'illegitimate child' like  her own biological child?at least in this drama korean mothers are given much importance.  in th eother dramas i have seen,  korean mothers are seen only as caregivers of kids.  when a korean couple divorces, the children automatically stay with the father and only allowed to meet when they're grown-up. a friend who went to korea recently said she saw a korean woman carrying the luggage while the husband walks in front of her.  korean society is very much a macho society.  here young ran succeeded in running a company, loved by her kids and a fashion plate too, a very strong woman. i like the women in this drama , strong women types exemplified by young ran, the alz grandma, madame na, dami's mom who would take all kinds of jobs just to keep her kids in school.in the acting department, can't say enough for the finely felt performance of yoo ji hoon. he was just too good in this drama.

I wonder what went wrong... why the rating was low when it's better that all the drama that aired the same time.....  I guess luck was not on their side.... :( ... but JH and Chang Wook were awesome ... TOO OSSEM .... I never expected such acting skill from both of them and the mom... was too good... in fact brilliant acting by all cast....
I am sad that rating was not good..... :(

Guest sunshine4ever

Hi all,

I am a bit disappointed that I thought there will be lots of pics coming our ways for the party, but I guess it was brief and not much then? *sighs* Anyway, good news though for Ji Hoon's fans since he appeared on a lot of news after this drama ended. Unfortunately I do not go to his forums and/or other places and his current thread @ Soompi doesn't have much news, so I can't really update you on anything. If you see any news of Ji Hoon after the drama ended, please do share. But you can only post the news here if the news are related to Five Fingers. Otherwise please share them at JJH's thread. I guess with Korean dramas only after you finished with the drama then you get interviews as main leads?

Pictures below credit to Runningmoon's blog. If you would like to see the actual/unedited pictures of Joo Ji Hoon, you can click here. (Note that after couple of days or months you won't be seeing news pictures anymore because I actually link you to the blog, not the pictures. Currently news pictures show on Runningmoon's blog, but later once Runningmoon updated her blog other pictures or other things will show up.)

By the way, for Five Fingers Community Members who are currently watching I Miss You: Baduy suggested to watch DramaFever's subs once in this thread and just wanted to comment that I tried DramaFever's subs and I liked it very much. So from now on I will wait for the subs from DF to come out because I got confused watching other sources of translations. So I suggest all of you try DF subs as well.

2yls51y.jpg
20u3j44.jpg
14sms1u.jpg
1y3l74.jpg
2s0y73k.jpg

pictures above credit to Runningmoon

i just realize something, and this is a record...

There are no Shower and/or Shirtless scene for ehmmm JJH in Five Fingers... been watching all his dramas and movies and get used to it  [-( oh well, a fangirl can dream 'rite 8->

*sigh* so quite here...

Archived