[Drama 2012] Five Fingers (다섯손가락)

cherkell

Guest Philip1430272734

hey guys just wanted to say
it brings me to tears seeing ji hoon smile during the BTS moments of Five fingers.
It seems like its been so long since he acted in a drama/movie due to the past scandal and army services. :'D
JOO JI HOON FIGHTING!!! please share the love^^

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OH HAPPY DAY!!!  Finally SBS got off their collective hinders and is releasing an English-subbed DVD Box Set of  "Five Fingers" on 15 May 2013!!  Important information contained here:  YesAsia Five Fingers DVD Box Set  Even though this set has been created for the Singapore market, it still looks like it's an all-region release, so it should play in everyone's DVD players and other devices with no problems.

p0025437461_zps9b944306.jpg
(cover art may vary after pressing)

My Korea Trip Planning is ramping up in earnest, and my "The Days" musical tickets should be arriving any day now.  A few dates I don't have places to stay as of yet, but with 7 weeks to go, I'm sure things will work out by the time I step on that jet plane.  I have a few 5F filming places already identified that I need to go visit.  CAN'T WAIT!!! :x

Guest chocssz

hi @sophie

thanks yr kind words :)  Didnt know of 5F existence when it was airing back then but glad that i still got to watch it albeit a little late.

Just finished it and  I'm happy with the way things ended between Ji Hoo & Da Mi ;;)

• 1 month later...

Hello from Seoul! Got here a week ago and hit the ground running. Lots of new Five Fingers excitement happening as well, with the announcement that TBS Japan will begin airing the show from 24 July! And to put the icing on the cake, a press conference was held at the Grand Hyatt Seoul on 25 June, bringing Our Boys together again! SQUEEEE!!!!

Posting from my phone, so pictures will be added shortly as soon as I get them uploaded!

JI CHANG WOOK TAKES THE REINS FOR INSTYLE KOREA

Posted by goodange on Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Aside from acting, it seems Ji Chang Wook is a passionate equestrian, showing off his horse riding skills in the July issue of InStyle Korea.

Project wise, the actor is one of the male leads in KARA‘s five-episode drama, Secret Love.

001_zpsb177cfec.jpg~original

002_zps8e18e15c.jpg~original

003_zps14d49cf3.jpg~original

004_zpsb0d180e0.jpg~original

couch-kimchi

• 4 weeks later...

YEAH!!!!  Let's keep this thread going!!!  Nice to see others looking at our little forum long after the show aired live, as 5F is now showing live in Japan (again) and some Eastern European countries.  Welcome aboard, chingu!

I finally returned to NorCal on 8 July and hit the ground running with events and interviews and other sundry items.  But in my haste to pack up for my trip, I forgot to post links to the next in the series of 5F Recaps, so here you go!

Five Fingers, Episode 25 (Recap)       Five Fingers, Episode 26 (Recap)

Cross-posting from my Episode 26 tome:  I just happened to be wandering around Yeoksam-dong to locate the Raum Centre, which is the location featured throughout this Show as the Boosung Headquarters because they give free tours of the complex on Thursdays and Fridays.  Just my luck on the day that I was there, Kim Jae-won ("May Queen," "Can You Hear My Heart" and now seen in "Scandal") got married and his wedding ceremony was being held at the Raum Centre.  In fact, his press conference was out on the same grassy area where In-ha and So-yeol's engagement ceremony was staged.  Security was so tight around the venue that two square blocks were cordoned off and no one without an invitation was being let through.  Since I was leaving for Japan the day after, I had no time to go back and so there went a missed opportunity to visit another 5F filming site!  *waaaah*

I'd better get cracking if I'm going to finish up with the whole show before 18 August!  But I leave you all with more pictures from the TBS 5F DVD release press conference on 25 June.  OUR BOYS LOOK SOOOOO GOOD TOGETHER AGAIN!!!  :X :X :X

201306251139243364020A_1_59_201306251252
201306251158771669_51c9079e811b0_zps194f
2013062511280223869_1_zps8db9fe86.jpg

237481281_06068253_130625_7_zps4fd9c17e.
image_readtop_2013_499529_13721275069595
image_readtop_2013_499543_13721276119595
509963_article_zpsa46f9b31.jpg

509960_article_zps4847b71b.jpg
NISI20130625_0008365514_web_zps14e45ab2.

NISI20130625_0008365511_web_zps5d838908.
201306251223775335_51c90dd7709ba_zpsb3c5
201306251200571110_1_zps401f2a2c.jpg
201306251200571110_2_zpsa3a9b773.jpg
201306251219771254_51c90cb679b25_zpsa53a

• 2 weeks later...

Wow.  I'm either really tired or not observant, because I just noticed the nice satin accents on the sleeves and lapels of My Precious's suit jacket he wore for the TBS 5F Press Conference.  Very classy!

Here's the next-to-last recap, folks!  The Episode 30/Finale will take a little bit longer since I have major work deadlines this week... and I'm throwing in everything but the kitchen sink on this one.  You have been warned.  X_X

Five Fingers, Episode 29 (Recap)

Minasan sugoi!!!  Great news from over in Japan -- the 'Five Fingers' DVD Set One that was released on 2 August was the NUMBER ONE SELLING DVD SET IN JAPAN for the past week's rankings!  WOOOOOOO!!! <:-P

BRDU4gTCUAENNQ4jpglarge_zps11ba4d81.jpg

Although I still laugh at the promotional pictures TBS and Geneon Universal uses -- it's almost like In-ha's character was an afterthought while playing up the purported 'love story' between Ji-ho and Da-mi.  Oh well.  Can't have everything MY way now, can I?  L-)

71dF0fTICWL_AA1441__zps83f61fc7.jpg

81xkH0nVhKL_AA1500__zps2a8a5849.jpg 
81UODxhRAXL_AA1500__zps80cbeef6.jpg

• 1 month later...

cahya said:

Five Fingers’ Jin Se Yun is piano girl

Sep 1, 2012 Author: daiko | Filed under: korean drama

jin-se-yun1.jpg

Turns out, rising actress Jin Se Yun has a musical ability. She can play piano.
Media said that Jin Se Yun’s piano skill was the main reason why PD Choi Young Hoon picked her to replace T-ara Eun Jung.

She showed her ability during Five Fingers‘ filming on August 30. She easily moved her fingers on the piano.
Jin Se Yun said ,” I learned piano for 6 years. I can play the title song of movie The Unspeakable Secret without chord sheet. I feel lucky that I’m familiar with piano. Moreover, Jun Mi Sun who play my mother in this drama teaches me a lot about acting. It’s very helpful for me to play Dami’s character”

It seemed that Jin Se Yun started to enjoy her Five Fingers‘ filming.
After news broke that she replaced Eun Jung last week, she experienced not so smooth transition.

She was in the final stage of filming KBS’ Bridal Mask and had to start filming for SBS’ Five Fingers.
Jin Se Yun’s agency revealed that there’s emergency request from SBS and after deep thought , Jin Se Yun received it because she experienced a similar situation before. Jin Se Yun was in the last stage of filming SBS’ My Daughter Kkotnim when she started filming for KBS’ Bridal Mask. There’s no problem at that time because both SBS and KBS gave there permission. That’s why , this time when SBS needs help, Jin Se Yun wants to help.
Beside that, it’s hard for Jin Se Yun to reject SBS’ request because SBS generously gave her the first leading lady role for My Daughter Kkotnim although she was just a new actress at that time.

Jin Se Yun’s agency also revealed that when they received request from SBS for Five Fingers, Jin Se Yun immediately called Bridal Mask’s director, PD Yoon Sung Sik to apologize and ask for permission and finally got it as far as it didn’t harm Bridal Mask’s filming schedule.

Source : Stoo, Chosun,

http://koreanvibe.com/five-fingers-jin-se-yun-is-piano-girl

====================================================================

See now, how nice this girl and her actual reasons why she accept 5F? I admire her, this girl knows gratitude and doesn't forget people who helped her. This is her way to pay back SBS generosities for her before. She got both her first role and first lead role from SBS, "It's Okay Daddy Girl" and "My Daughter Kkotnim/The Flower", so of course SBS hold special place in her heart, that TV station basically her "maker."

And she also already requested and got the permission from Gaksital PD, it shows that she also well-mannered

//// OH, GOSH! THIS IS WHY I LOVE JIN SE YEON. :)))

blueagave

said: I'm still trying to catch up and watch the latest episodes, so in the meantime, I'm living vicariously through others by reading their spoilers and comments.

I find the dynamics between the three characters involved in the main triangle interesting. Although I enjoy the sweet scenes with Ji Ho and Da Mi, I also enjoy the strong chemistry that In Ha and Da Mi have.  With Ji Ho and Da Mi, the writing supports them as the OTP so strongly that it's almost impossible not to support them. It also helps that JJH and JSY are doing a great job with their characters, despite JSY's youth and the extremely youthful way Da Mi has been written, especially in the beginning.

However, against all odds, In Ha has the type of chemistry with Da Mi that I find hard to overlook. Even though I don't like the way In Ha is when he's around Da Mi, since she told him she's doesn't love him, I find their chemistry the most compelling of those involved in this triangle. Their chemistry was more noticeable from their first scenes as adults and it's only gotten more obvious to me since the writing clearly doesn't support them as a couple.

JCW and JSY's on screen chemistry transcends the negative, anti-couple way their characters are written. I know I'm not supposed to root for In Ha and Da Mi, and I usually don't like this type of relationship dynamic where a character makes a fool of himself over a woman who doesn't feel the same way. Yet, I find myself drawn to them when they're on screen together. It makes me wonder how powerful their chemistry would have been if In Ha and Ji Ho's situations had been switched.

If Man Se had his affair after he had married Young Ran and In Ha was the result, then the writing would have supported In Ha and Da Mi instead of Da Mi and Ji Ho. That means that I would have seen sweet, supportive, pro-couple writing and sexual chemistry in one couple. On the other hand, the current situation ensures that each pairing is strong in its own way.

On different note, I was recently reminded of how long Young Ran's hair was in that first Young Ran/Ji Ho scene in episode 1. That means that event either happens at some significant point in the future, or that its someone's nightmare. Although I always believed that it could have been a nightmare, the possibility that it could be set in the future is a new thought for me.

If it is set in the future, given the drastic change in Young Ran's hair length, I wonder if that means we're going to see a time jump of several months. If so, I wonder what could prompt such a time jump.

Annyeonghaseyo @djappleblush!  Welcome to the Thread That Is Not Quite Dormant But Getting There.  I have been overwhelmed with work, moving house and a death in the family ever since returning from Korea, so I do apologize for not posting the Episode 30/Finale recap just yet.  All I need to do is insert the screencaps and push the Send Button.  But real life keeps getting in the way, dammit!!!  X(  Soon... soon...

But if I may ask a HUGE favor of anyone who posts here:  Please do NOT quote photos or videos already posted in your replies.  It is a Soompi Forum Rule to not do so as the redundancy screws up the viewing on portable devices and gloms up the forum.  If you have photos and videos in your quotes, please go back and edit them accordingly.  Your Fellow Forum Readers will appreciate it!  :X

• 2 weeks later...

Archived