[Drama 2012] Five Fingers (다섯손가락)

cherkell

Howdy everyone!  Real Life is completely insane at the moment, and I forgot to put up links for my last two recaps, so here they are:  Five Fingers, Episode 19 (Recap)   Five Fingers, Episode 20 (Recap)

Also, I noticed on the first page that several of the links for DLing the OST tunes are broken, so I'll spend this weekend cleaning those up and reinserting the links to the previews/making of/other videos, etc.  I've captured most of them and will put them on my .box account for posterity.  Back in a few!

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cherKell - where are you?  I sent you a pm but dunno if you read it. I hope  you are well.

I posted this and then got to read your message cherKell. Lol!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cefiro_jk

Have been repeating Five Fingers (on Jiho scenes only) many times and the more I watched the more I don't like Dami and her mother.  In ep 22, when Dami's mum received the photo, she marched to Jiho's office and gave him a slap, that is so unreasonable of her.  I also find that Jiho loves Dami more than she loves him.

5F is one of awesome Ji Hoon drama...
Just yesterday I saw it, n already fallin in love with it. It's wrapped really well, I cried a lot from beginning, T.T
It's not just drama but truly human drama... How bloodline is thicker than hatred or love...

And I admired Ji Hoon, he can portrayed Ji Ho with awesome acting.
The drama he played before he can always makes me love his character.

This is list I love Ji Hoon character most:
1. Seung Ha in The Devil (Mawang)
2. Ji Ho in 5Finger
3. Shin in Goong
4. King in I Am King
5. In Antique Bakery (Forgot his name)
6. In Naked Kitchen (n Again I forgot his name)

And lastly want to see him play Romantic Comedy Drama with Moon Chae Won... (Dream *o*)

@ainissky
hi there, so glad to see another jihoon fellow fans here and you are right, jihoon always brought something more in every projects he's in.... and he's really doing a great job played Jiho in Five Fingers, and so is other casts, and personally i think 5F is like a parade of fantastic-acting by actors and actresses in it, just too bad is really underrated [-(

idk of you already knew this, but here is JJH soompi thread where you can meet fellow fans and gushing our love to JJH without being scared talk out-of-topics :
http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/4656/ju-jihun-%EC%A3%BC%EC%A7%80%ED%9B%88/p1

oh his character name in Antique is Jin-Hyuk and in Naked Kitchen he's played Du-rae :D

@sophiechoice
Hi... :)>-
Thanks for the info bout Ji Hoon page... I already wandering there but don't have any courage to write anything.
I can't call myself a fan. But sincerely I love him, he's my inspiration to keep standing in any situation.
Still now because of you... I jump to his page now. Thanks  a lot.
:)

Being in the legal field, I was far from surprised that this happened.  But I'm more surprised that it happened so far after the show ended.  This was sadly necessary to stave off the lawsuit that was this/close to being filed by CCM and the Korean Actors Labor Union.  Read and weep, chingu:

The production of "Five Fingers" made an official apology to T-ara's Ham Eun-jeong.

Yein ENM revealed the letter of apology it sent to the Association of Celebrity Management on its official homepage on behalf of Ham Eun-jeongIt was written, "We one-sidedly reported the stepping down of Ham Eun-jeong from the drama she was proceeding with, without complete understanding of the situation then. We also made the mistake of letting her hear rumors of exchange before she was even told about it.  We regret the situation in which Ham Eun-jeong found out about her dismissal through news reports," said the producer, adding that citing the singer's new hair color as reason for firing her was a bad call on its part."

"We apologize for hurting this actress with media reports that stated she was a loss of production costs even though she was actively engaged in acting practice, piano practice and poster making. We also regret the time we put an all stop to the filming for the reason that she dyed her hair and this is all the fault of the production which didn't consider facts and situations then."

Yein ENM added, "We will work hard to recover the loss Ham Eun-jeong may have experienced from the relationships with director and writers.  We think actors or actresses should not be asked to step down from their work.  We once again, apologize for the trouble caused by us to the Association of Celebrity Management and we promise to never let this happen again."

Meanwhile, Eun-jeong suddenly stepped down from the SBS drama  "Five Fingers" last year. SBS and Yein ENM had responded with no problems then.

Source:  NewsSportsSeoul

• 3 weeks later...
Guest yanyanjihoon

sophiechoice said: @ainissky
hi there, so glad to see another jihoon fellow fans here and you are right, jihoon always brought something more in every projects he's in.... and he's really doing a great job played Jiho in Five Fingers, and so is other casts, and personally i think 5F is like a parade of fantastic-acting by actors and actresses in it, just too bad is really underrated [-(

idk of you already knew this, but here is JJH soompi thread where you can meet fellow fans and gushing our love to JJH without being scared talk out-of-topics :
http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/4656/ju-jihun-%EC%A3%BC%EC%A7%80%ED%9B%88/p1

oh his character name in Antique is Jin-Hyuk and in Naked Kitchen he's played Du-rae :D

@yanyanjihoon
tbh 5Fingers is not my cup of tea at all, i watched it simply for the sake of my love for jihoon and jin seyeon :D but down the road i found it entertaining and amusing in the same time i always rants and jabbering about its storyline :D

nah, better late than never you know :)

Guest yanyanjihoon

sophiechoice

said: @yanyanjihoon

tbh 5Fingers is not my cup of tea at all, i watched it simply for the sake of my love for jihoon and jin seyeon

:D

but down the road i found it entertaining and amusing in the same time i always rants and jabbering about its storyline

nah, better late than never you know

:)

@yanyanjihoon
glad you spare u'r time to trying get u'r friends for watching 5F, i never managed to do that to my friends, they rejected me everytime they knew this drama genre, so i gave up long time ago :D

i think we should move our discussion into JJH thread spesifically, to avoids being out-of-topics here before somebody throwing bricks to us :D

5F is way underrated, specially compare to other dramas at the time (and awhile after) but as i understand it all depends on A) how popular the actors are B) if it has an happy ending. that's a shame because this drama is worth watching.

Guest yanyanjihoon

but i'm not seeing you in the JJH thread, @sophiechoice! hahahaha!thanks again and yeah, i'm so grateful that i've come to know you. 

sophiechoice

said: @yanyanjihoon

glad you spare u'r time to trying get u'r friends for watching 5F, i never managed to do that to my friends, they rejected me everytime they knew this drama genre, so i gave up long time ago

i think we should move our discussion into JJH thread spesifically, to avoids being out-of-topics here before somebody throwing bricks to us

• 1 month later...

Minasan ohayougozaimasu!  I refuse to let this thread die, especially now that 5F just ended its first run in Japan (repeats are being aired on JTV as I type this), and it looks like more people are accessing this thread looking for news and gossip.  So hello new readers!
To that end, I've put up a few more recaps on Scotch and Asparagus:  Five Fingers, Episode 21   Five Fingers, Episode 22  Come hell or high water or piano strings breaking or scheming step-mothers getting in my way, I WILL FINISH THIS RECAPPING!!!  So there. :P

In other news, the 5F DVD Box Set was just released in Korea on 20 April 2013 (sadly, it's Region 3 only at present).  I will be in Seoul at the end of June to be in the audience for My Precious's musical and to visit friends, so you KNOW I'll be picking up a copy for my personal collection!  SQUEEEE!!! :x :x :x

Back to the grindstone -- Episode 23 is teed up next!

@cherkellhi there, so surprised to saw a new posts here this morning :D and hello too to new readers *waves*
its so good to hears that 5F has its rerun, because i think that means if japanese viewers is appreciates this drama :)
kudos to you cherkell, to continuing your recaps even after five months of its ended, i'll read it for reminiscing a nice and good times i spent here =D>

Guest chocssz

hi to FF fans...i'm new to this thread. Just wanna say that i'm luving this drama to bits.  Currently just finished ep 9.  I've been looking for dramas that have ended airing that I can marathon. Watched a few but dropped them after a few episodes. Came across FF 3 days ago n decided to try my luck and I'm so glad I did..

This is truly an amazing drama that has got me hooked on the 3 main characters... Ji Hoo, In Ha & his mom.  It got me so excited to see what dirty moves stepmom wud make on Ji Hoo.  And now I'm so looking forward  to see what Ji Hoo's plans of attacks & revenge wud be  to protect himself  I've not read the spoilers so it makes watching this drama that much more exciting for me.

The actress playing the In Ha's mom is simply brilliant.

Besides FF I've only seen JJH in Goong and i really didnt like his acting there but this time around i cant stop admiring.  He's improved a lot. 

My grouse wud be Da Mi's character whom I find rather boring.  Or perhaps it cud be that I feel Jin Si Yeon's acting flat & ordinary.  Also i cant feel her chemistry with JJH.

Ok bye... off to watching Ep 10 now.

Guest chocssz

Never knew who Jin Si Yeon before 5F.....my 1st time.   

My apologies to her fans in this thread if i have offended any of u with my comments about her acting. 

@chocssz
hi there, its nice to hear 5F has gain new fans who enjoy it as much as we did when this thread is noisy back when its been aired :)

as for JSY acting as Dami, i'm one of her fans and i dont mind you thought of her acting the way you did, because hey its your opinion 'rite and we have rights to say whatever we want to say, as long as we not offended someone harsh and still respects of each other opinions too :)

Archived