1 hour ago, corey said:

He does? A back problem? Like us normal mortals?? I thought he is so healthy and fit that even such a horrible wy of doing exercise can do him no harm. In such a case, he definitely should not be doing these leg lifts, let alone a 1000.

You remember in DB, the scene when they were all sitting at the kitchen floor eating bf, suddenly he had backache when he leaned forward & when he was doing exercise, I think CTH commented about his backache problem, would these leg lifts make it worse...

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, budgerie said:

You remember in DB, the scene when they were all sitting at the kitchen floor eating bf, suddenly he had backache when he leaned forward & when he was doing exercise, I think CTH commented about his backache problem, would these leg lifts make it worse...

Yeah, I remember. He's actually not young anymore, I wonder if his intense workout is suitable for a man his age. Sometimes he has bad sitting posture too, I notice he looks very much shorter than other people when everyone is sitting down and he kinds of slouch a lot. And those high kicks that he does look scary too. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, corey said:

I once heard a saying that if you are over 40 and wake up without any pain in your body it means you are dead...

How true in my case - I am very much alive then, ha ha.

Oops that means I am dead haha..

Anyway Opus has a new promo asking fans to submit backgrounds for 'The Swordsman' actors for chance to win 2 movie tickets, I have posted the picture in the movie thread. And there are some new info about his daughter in the movie too.

https://forums.soompi.com/topic/400935-upcoming-movie-2020-the-swordsman-검객-jang-hyuk-joe-taslim-kim-hyun-soo-releasing-on-23-sept-2020/

• Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

Anyway Opus has a new promo asking fans to submit backgrounds for 'The Swordsman' actors for chance to win 2 movie tickets, I have posted the picture in the movie thread. And there are some new info about his daughter in the movie too.

https://forums.soompi.com/topic/400935-upcoming-movie-2020-the-swordsman-검객-jang-hyuk-joe-taslim-kim-hyun-soo-releasing-on-23-sept-2020/

Looks like those backgrounds are for a live chat that is being planned with the fans. Whoever submits a background that will be used, will win tickets for the film- 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Wiggle 1

3 hours ago, Ding77 said:

Yeah, I remember. He's actually not young anymore, I wonder if his intense workout is suitable for a man his age. Sometimes he has bad sitting posture too, I notice he looks very much shorter than other people when everyone is sitting down and he kinds of slouch a lot. And those high kicks that he does look scary too. :sweatingbullets:

Yup, he slouch. Don't know about the intense work out but as we age, our body age too no matter how fit or healthy we may be before.

• Like 3

@corey I hear you on the pain! But I have to say, I have less pain thanks to exercise (mine was joint and I bet, not moving was partially causing it. Also my exercise is not extreme by any means :lol:) Ok now, entering speculation territory but also based on things we’ve observed, since JH has loved and practiced sports since he was a child and he is also a bit of a daredevil, he must need the adrenaline and dopamine from exercise (right? Am I butchering science here?). And in addition he has sustained injuries, broken bones and as we know, those pains always come back as we get older. But at this point, he probably feels better with exercise than without it. And another thing he once said is that he actually gains weight if he doesn’t exercise (Another “human” trait :P)

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

Looks like those backgrounds are for a live chat that is being planned with the fans. Whoever submits a background that will be used, will win tickets for the film- 

Hm..is that pic just an example or do they have to use that specific pic and change background?  Seem kind of limiting if have to use that specific pic.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

Hm..is that pic just an example or do they have to use that specific pic and change background?  Seem kind of limiting if have to use that specific pic.

I have no idea... I seriously am baffled by this obsession with manipulating pictures of the promoting team from Opus. This doesn't feel very serious, considering what we've seen of the movie and its theme. It feels like some of the fans and journalists, from Indonesia specifically , are doing a better job promoting this movie... 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I have no idea... I seriously am baffled by this obsession with manipulating pictures of the promoting team from Opus. This doesn't feel very serious, considering what we've seen of the movie and its theme. It feels like some of the fans and journalists, from Indonesia specifically , are doing a better job promoting this movie... 

But I think the actors will be  having a live chat with that background !! LIVE CHAT!! Most importantly, Hyuk will finally appear!!:sweet:

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

4 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

But I think the actors will be  having a live chat with that background !! LIVE CHAT!! Most importantly, Hyuk will finally appear!!:sweet:

:) that indeed is the most important thing, But- I never understand what is being said in those live chats! I mean, still watch them just to see JH being a cutey :hwaiting2:, but I would like to understand what is being said... It's so frustrating! :criesariver:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

14 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

:) that indeed is the most important thing, But- I never understand what is being said in those live chats! I mean, still watch them just to see JH being a cutey :hwaiting2:, but I would like to understand what is being said... It's so frustrating! :criesariver:

I'm happy just seeing his face.... it's been soooo long...or felt like sooo long. I'm sure some kind fans will help us to translate. 

16 minutes ago, corey said:

And if JH exercises 3 hours a day and has negligible amount of body fat, he just needs to eat a lot and regularly - otherwise he would feel faint.

Is that why he's always munching prop food? or eating bread? Look at him!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bjv4W68ALP4/?igshid=1mm2oj5jv1qc

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4wyU-NJljX/?igshid=1t4kkflhnjwcm

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

1 minute ago, azureblue7 said:

I'm happy just seeing his face.... it's been soooo long...or felt like sooo long. I'm sure some kind fans will help us to translate. 

Lol, I'm sure that's part of it, but I think he said the food actually is good before so he does enjoy it not just mere necessity.  I mean look at that smile.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

10 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

He looks more delicious than the food haha:eatscookie:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

8 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

God, how cute he is! Love these clips! In the second clip from MC, if I remember correctly he was talking about making kinchi from a fruit, right? :) I remember Yang Se-jong said in an interview that he never knew what to say to JH, so it's kinda funny that while this young actor was standing there, being tongue tied in front of his idol, JH was just being himself, talking about food :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

6 hours ago, corey said:

If JH wants to work on his leg muscle in addition to abs (I suppose this is the purpose of this leg lifting, both thighs and abs), I suggest the following - do a simple goddess asana and hold for as long as you can....My thighs start to burn as if on fire after 30 seconds.... I suppose even 1 minute is "hardcore" exercise for me... But if done correctly, this does not strain your back 

Thanks for sharing such informative posts. I think I should better stick to my usual yoga routine. 

:fiercebunny:

No 1000 leg lift challenge for me but only that 'Goddess pose' thing.

7 hours ago, Ding77 said:

Yeah, I remember. He's actually not young anymore, I wonder if his intense workout is suitable for a man his age. 

At JH's age men are at their peak in many ways. Middle age men have better neuromuscular control than 20/30 something men which gives them famous - Dad's Strength.

Although I still gasp in horror when I see him working out or slouching because he probably had some sort of spinal injury in past. He should respect limits of his body. 

Ugh ! It sucks for us women, we deteriorate right after crossing 30.

:smashes:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Insightful 1

@fiesty8001 Oh I didn’t know that about men in their 40s. Interesting!

I actually think his slouching was worse before he joined the military. You can see it more often during TJ, SSBG times. While some of his newer characters actually showed good posture, I think of Piljoo and Bangwon. But its probably something he “struggles” with, like he has to remind himself to correct it, etc (I can relate) 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, corey said:

I believe my back pain is also due to not exercising enough, so I had to "turn up" the intensity recently.... Actually, I hate almost all forms of exercise - yoga is the only form of exercise I tolerate but, I am doing it only because it does alleviate pain.

My daughter keep telling me to do yoga but I haven't diligently done it. What would you recommend for a beginner?

At JH's age men are at their peak in many ways. Middle age men have better neuromuscular control than 20/30 something men which gives them famous - Dad's Strength.

Ugh ! It sucks for us women, we deteriorate right after crossing 30.

:smashes:

There is a chinese saying that "men in 40s, a stalk of flower, women in 40s a withered flower" . Of course, generally women go through more than the men. Women have to go through menstruation (some people suffer much during this time), go through pregnancy, childbirth, menopause. Men do have andrepause but it's not so soon. (My husband was conceived when his father was in his 60s). But women in her 60s probably have hit menopause.

IKR, my daughter/me sometimes gossip at how "strong" her grandpa is at 60s...hahaha...

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

5 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@fiesty8001 Oh I didn’t know that about men in their 40s. Interesting!

I actually think his slouching was worse before he joined the military. You can see it more often during TJ, SSBG times. While some of his newer characters actually showed good posture, I think of Piljoo and Bangwon. But its probably something he “struggles” with, like he has to remind himself to correct it, etc (I can relate) 

Yeah, that bit about men in their 40s was refreshing. :blush:

I think he is still slouching, if you look at him sitting during the shows he attended to promote Merchant and BP or TMWYS, maybe not as bad as before. Only his on-screen characters hv better posture haha. :P

10 hours ago, corey said:

But I am sure JH does enjoy sports. And he is just soooo good at it. I really like it in Real Men when there is sometimes a cut showing us the faces of other guys - their look of incredulity is priceless, as if they were saying to themselves, just how on earth is he doing that.

BTW, those guys who are with JH and PHS in their teams in the Real Men, are they professional soldiers or fellow actors?

Catching up on the posts, the thread is moving faster with news of The Swordsman hehe. 

There are several public figures in his team Park Hyung Sik, Kim Soo Ro, Soo Young, Sam, and 2 other guys (the older man and the other one who shaved his hair almost bald) . Soo Ro and Soo Young worked with JH before in his older dramas. The other young ones are real soldiers, I think. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

Found this clip from Real Men :) about the obvious, I'm not saying anything :hwaiting2:, but about JH's hair- we often discuss when does JH's look the best, and I think the answer is obvious- when it's wet! :D

hihi maybe editing team felt same way.  Cool music when he jump or go along better to me maybe because he does it so smoothly.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1