3 minutes ago, budgerie said:

I felt LMS was bad too in WOL. After watching her in MF, her acting was so so only in WOL as compared to MF. Me too don't like the acting of GHJ. Don't know is it her acting or is it her look. She was fine in TY but her other drama, I couldn't finish it.

No no, I didn't say he's flawless! Hahaha! I said it's human nature that when we like someone, that person becomes flawless (to us) even when he has lots of flaws. :grimace:

Both her looks and acting don't sit well with me. I only like her height and body. Lol. 

10 minutes ago, budgerie said:

I felt LMS was bad too in WOL. After watching her in MF, her acting was so so only in WOL as compared to MF. Me too don't like the acting of GHJ. Don't know is it her acting or is it her look. She was fine in TY but her other drama, I couldn't finish it.

No no, I didn't say he's flawless! Hahaha! I said it's human nature that when we like someone, that person becomes flawless (to us) even when he has lots of flaws. :grimace:

Hmm both her acting and looks don't sit well with me, I never liked her acting. 

OK. I said he's flawless. :lol: His long-windedness, dry humour, awkwardness are just so funny and cute! And I hv to correct myself, after some very very serious thinking, I think he's not only the most good looking k-actor, I've decided to remove the k. He's the most good looking actor, imo haha. Pls feel free to contradict this statement haha. :lol:

• LOL 5

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

Good, glad that I didn't offend. :)

As to comparison to JCW- I didn't mean to say that their acting is the same. From the little I saw of both, I agree that JJS is a much better actor. When I checked the list of his movies there actually were several movies that looked interesting to me- the movie about the brothers, and another in which he is a journalist who wrote a made up story or something like that. Are those movies good?

I somehow can be a bad fan becoz not watching all his movie. Lol. If I wanna recommended maybe Hyung (My Annoying Brother) and Exit, that smash box office last year. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

Here's new k drama for 2020 if anyone interested to check it out. While waiting for Hyuk to come up with a drama...

Graceful Friends, Chip In, Flower of Evil, Can't be bothered to date but don't want to be lonely, Stranger 2, When I was the most beautiful.

• Like 4

On 9/5/2020 at 11:13 AM, azureblue7 said:

:omg:Look at this westwood picture...

:heart2beat: Where's the cutie Hometown flex Hyuk? He's such a chameleon..faint..

Remember in Veteran giant one of the guys told him he needed to cut his fringe, as his hair was constantly getting in his eyes? Looks like JH knows exactly what he's doing when it comes to his hair... He got it down to a science by now, doesn't he? Simply amazing! 

Edited by Berou
Please do not quote pics. Thanks !
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Remember in Veteran giant one of the guys told him he needed to cut his fringe, as his hair was constantly getting in his eyes? Looks like JH knows exactly what he's doing when it comes to his hair... He got it down to a science by now, doesn't he? Simply amazing! 

Lol I don’t know, I think it’s the stylist rather than him :sweats:ahahahaha

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

17 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

Lol I don’t know, I think it’s the stylist rather than him :sweats:ahahahaha

Considering the unusual number of hair styles that he has had, I think he is also involved in the styling of his hair :) 

Oh, and, BTW, @corey, at your recommendation started to watch Heartless city, and I have to say- It doesn't have a good start. A guy that we are told is the best of the best, acts like an idiot saying he can't bear to see his loved one risking her life, never mind that she is a member of his task force... <_< and she being unprofessional, nearly getting herself and a little girl killed, just because she is too impatient... Lucky for her the director and writer had her win that fight...

but I'm not giving up! I'm waiting for the real plot to start. But I'm kinda confused- is the head of the task force the lead of the show? Cause he has a blank look to him... Also- a wild guess - the female cop is going to die, and it's her sister that is going the be the main FL, right?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

Hmmmm but he had many bad hair-dos which we cringed at isn't it?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Hmmmm but he had many bad hair-dos which we cringed at isn't it?

The only hair styles of his that made me cringe, are the overly styled ones, like the curly hair style in one of his photoshoots in the time of Chuno, his hair style in the award shows in 2015 and in the entertainment awards in 2014. Essentially, if he has too much hair spray in his hair, I don't like it :) But those are special looks for special events, like this one- 

arwachoi

But recently he's had more hits than misses, though I do wonder if he's over his experimental stage... :)  

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, corey said:

I am not going to watch Flower of Evil, because there is a little girl in it. With a very few exceptions, i just canot stand little girls, and K-Drama land little girls are worst of all. (Rencetly I gave up the new drama with Eric Moon (Eccentric Chef or something, was the title), because it had a little girl in it.) Also - the plot is about a married couple? I mean married couple? Where is the thrill in that?

I am watching that, and the little girl has very little air time in it, I don't even remember her if you dont mention it haha

But I have given up on Stranger 2, coz I dont find police vs prosecutors any exciting at all, I need real bad guys

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, corey said:

I, for one, am not going to contradict this. But I will narrow the category, ha ha. Long-haired JH, as in my profile picture is the most beautiful person in the world. IMHO, of course.

I am not going to watch Flower of Evil, because there is a little girl in it. With a very few exceptions, i just canot stand little girls, and K-Drama land little girls are worst of all. (Rencetly I gave up the new drama with Eric Moon (Eccentric Chef or something, was the title), because it had a little girl in it.) Also - the plot is about a married couple? I mean married couple? Where is the thrill in that?

You can't stand little girls in general or do you mean girl actresses? :joy: Usually I'm impressed by Korean child actors, as they are generally good. The ones I didn't like are the little boy from Chuno (though I suspect he was bad due to director), the little kids in My Secret Terrius and the girl from Thank you, she just annoyed me.

The head of the task force is not the first ML, he is the second lead- the guy named Doctor's son is the ML. I hope you would not consider him bland!  And your guess is absolutely right ha ha! I suppose it comes with practise, after watching a lot of dramas.

HA! Got it! :) 

As for the cops being uprofessional etc. I did say the plot was a little laughable for me... You will see for yourself, if you continue...I skipped a lot of the "police work" scenes and concentrated on the ML instead.

I also liked his fighting scenes, I only think that toward the end of the show they do begin to be a little repetitive...

OK, now I'm in episode 2 so I think I got the guy. I can't say I like his look, but there was already a moment in which I saw impressive acting from him, so I will continue. Skipping the police scenes sound attractive to me as the actor that is the second lead is really boring me... So this is not a show you actually liked, but a show that contains a specific impressive performance, right? 

The fighting scenes... I think I can officially say JH has ruined me for fighting scenes! I Just can't help but notice fast edits meant to allow for stunt work. With JH I'm used for the camera following him closely as he does it all... I miss him... :criesariver:

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, corey said:

I am not going to watch Flower of Evil, because there is a little girl in it. With a very few exceptions, i just canot stand little girls, and K-Drama land little girls are worst of all.

Oh I have a soft spot for child artistes but I agree with you, K drama children sometimes can be annoying even though cute. The boy in Raeng Tawan grew on me - in the beginning the little boy had to cry alot (poor boy) so I was rather annoyed but in later episodes when the crying is done, he actually grew on me. Heehee!

51 minutes ago, corey said:

And much as I love Ha Seok Jin, I gave up on this When I was the most beautiful, because can't stand the femal lead.

Oh, you've watched a bit of it? I watched the trailer & didn't quite find the umph factor. HSJ doesn't look as nice as he was in 1%, here he looked like his look in My house helper.

2 minutes ago, corey said:

Oh, the child actresses are usually really good at acting! It is just that the characters they play are so annoying for me. I am not really fond of children in general, and the little girls in K-Drama are especially cringey for me.

Oh the little girls in Dae Jang Jeum are quite cute/adorable. Hahaha! What amazes me is that these little young girls can cry. As in really cry. Where got so much tears?

1 minute ago, azureblue7 said:

Thank you! I cropped part of his..ermm. ..hair away..he looks amazing!!

Am I the only one who doesn't like this hair? Or is it because his face has become thin? I prefer his face to have more meat. I find his face rather long now. Put on more weight, please! Lol...

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

7 minutes ago, corey said:

Oh, the child actresses are usually really good at acting! It is just that the characters they play are so annoying for me. I am not really fond of children in general, and the little girls in K-Drama are especially cringey for me.

BTW - have you noticed - these little girls in K-Drama, so smart, outspoken, corageous, sassy and self assertive are completely different than timid, shy, meek and naive to the point of being brain-damaged young women in K-Dramas. Who, in turn are completely different from horrible, noisy, entitled and demanding mothers. I wonder, are these completely different species that have absolutely nothing in common with each other?

I never thought about it ! You are completely right! It's exactly as if they are completely different species that have no connection with each other... So odd! I do wish some of those girls will mature to a good FL character... :) 

I did notice that in Kdrama, children are heavily used and have prominent role in many shows. But not only in dramas, also in variety shows, there is a lot of focus on children in general. I guess it's a Korean cultural thing?

SIde note - The show When I was the most beautiful was mentioned here, and the FL in here is the best example of a woman who behaves as if she has a brain damage, as you aptly describe.

This is so frustrating to me...

Yes, you can say that that I was watching it for the ML only.

The fighting scenes indeed are heavily edited. But they usually are, JH work is exceptional in that respect, as we all know and appreciate.

OK, I will stick with it and ff the redundant scenes :) 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, budgerie said:

m I the only one who doesn't like this hair? Or is it because his face has become thin? I prefer his face to have more meat. I find his face rather long now. Put on more weight, please! Lol...

My favourite is still him with a bit of chubbiness too. Like the one below. 

Screenshot-20200905-213315-Instagram.jpg

But he's still very handsome now. Just a matter of preference.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3