12 hours ago, AquariusMY said:

Back to what I said earlier, I am fine if he needs to do kiss scenes but I believe such romantic scenes should be done with someone who is compatible with him in age, and not with a young actress in her 20s.

I actually don't know the difference between melodrama & rom-com...:lol:What's the difference ah? I don't mean to dislike FTLY. I like it esp the chemistry between the leads. For me, I thought it would be good if it ended at the time when they reconciled with the kiss at the Press Conf & prepare for wedding. The plot after that was "rubbish" to me, frankly. 

If for a romance, I want a Pil Joo lookalike romance with a mature woman, yes not someone who looked like a student.

12 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

Do you guys think dramas will be impacted by Covid? Will the stations stop the shoots and there may not be any dramas if things get worse? 

Probably possible. For sure no kissing scenes for the time being. :D

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

ROTFL! I thought you liked your guys injured not dead!

I got so upset with the ending of BPP. Can't they just have a family reunion? Why must JC die? I cried :bawling:And every time if I rewatch this part, I cry again.

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

What do you mean Bad Papa’s injuries were deliberately inflicted? So those don’t count? Lolol (Im teasing you but also curious :lol:)

BPP is a drama that's relevant to real life. As much as some of us may want to dismiss it, but it's true that money (or lack of it) causes strife between the couple. Plus the relationship between both husb/wife is already so strained.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

I am planning to watch Beautiful mind soon. :P

I honestly love his friendship bond. He was like, I will do anything for my friend. I was touched/sweeten by him. Hahaha

Anyways, I’m gonna watch urban cops! Wanted to see him in a variety :P

Please watch Money Flower too. A handsome smart & scheming lawyer he is!

As for variety, do watch Dragon Bromance too.

• Like 3

So I started watching Chocolate, and for a moment, for a second, I thought that this is the kind of show I'd like JH do. All the characters are closer to 40, seem to have a nice backstory (disregarding the obligatory inability to stand up to their family), but then, of course, the female protagonist starts behaving like an idiotic goofball! Odd and childish, innocent and bright eyed. I mean, seriously, is this the only female protagonist Kdrama in a rom com or melo writers are capable of writing?! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sushimi said:

My friends showed me fated to love You, the water advertisements scene. Saw it and almost faint after :P cause..brain overload (in a good way) ;) 

Then, I started watch voice, I love him after. So charismatic. Somehow his hair attracted me:sweatingbullets:Sorry, I have a thing for hair apparently :joy:then upon watching “tell me” I was like omgggggggg. :joy:

I am planning to watch Beautiful mind soon. :P

I honestly love his friendship bond. He was like, I will do anything for my friend. I was touched/sweeten by him. Hahaha

Anyways, I’m gonna watch urban cops! Wanted to see him in a variety :P

Anneyong! You in the right place. We sure obsess about his hair a lot. There's no day pass that we not talking about his hair here. :mrgreen:

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

7 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

So I started watching Chocolate, and for a moment, for a second, I thought that this is the kind of show I'd like JH do. All the characters are closer to 40, seem to have a nice backstory (disregarding the obligatory inability to stand up to their family), but then, of course, the female protagonist starts behaving like an idiotic goofball! Odd and childish, innocent and bright eyed. I mean, seriously, is this the only female protagonist Kdrama in a rom com or melo writers are capable of writing?! 

I don't watch Chocolate but we said it I kinda remember Ha Ji Won always choose this kind of character before?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, yoeda said:

I don't watch Chocolate but we said it I kinda remember Ha Ji Won always choose this kind of character before?

Ha Ji Won is the protagonist, right? but are there any other type of characters for her to choose?! all the female characters that I've seen in rom coms and melos are identical. Except for Mi Young in FTLY.

As for the show, I'm in the second episode and I have to say- I'm slightly bored.:huh: I have tried to see other shows of Yoon Kye-Sang, mainly cause he is JH's friend, but I've never been able to finish them. There is something so bland about him... I think I would have liked it better had Jang Seung-Jo been the protagonist. He is more lively...

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Ha Ji Won is the protagonist, right? but are there any other type of characters for her to choose?! all the female characters that I've seen in rom coms and melos are identical. Except for Mi Young in FTLY.

As for the show, I'm in the second episode and I have to say- I'm slightly bored.:huh: I have tried to see other shows of Yoon Kye-Sang, mainly cause he is JH's friend, but I've never been able to finish them. There is something so bland about him... I think I would have liked it better had Jang Seung-Jo been the protagonist. He is more lively...

Yoon Kye Sang is so lovable in The Greatest Love. It's a drama that people compare their hero Dokko Jin with Lee Gun. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

I just finished watching that drama. Once again, I was thinking in my mind, if only JH was the lead. But like what you mentioned, I couldn't stand HJW's chsracter at first..she was slightly better towards the end. But I'm more drawn  to the stories of the patients in the hospice.

YKS is charming as the lead. But still lack the charisma that Hyuk will exudes in such roles (my own opinion)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I mean, seriously, is this the only female protagonist Kdrama in a rom com or melo writers are capable of writing?! 

I'm trying to watch women centric dramas these days.  Right now I'm watching Russian drama 'Ekaterina' which is based on life of Russian empress Cathrine the Great. If you are into realistic political dramas or if you like digging into history from different perspectives then you should give it a try. 

If you are looking for a brighter family drama with strong female lead then you should try Japanese drama 'Asa Ga Kita'. Among Korean dramas I've read very good reviews for 'WWW' and it's female characters but I haven't watched it. :)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

I just finished watching that drama. Once again, I was thinking in my mind, if only JH was the lead. But like what you mentioned, I couldn't stand HJW's chsracter at first..she was slightly better towards the end. But I'm more drawn  to the stories of the patients in the hospice.

YKS is charming as the lead. But still lack the charisma that Hyuk will exudes in such roles (my own opinion)

I will confess- couldn't make it beyond the second episode. I started out slightly bored, and ended up fully bored :blink: so I dropped it just now... I am trying The greatest love, at @yoeda's recomndation- though I have feeling that will also be dropped soon as I have serious problems with Kong Hyo-Jin's acting and Cha Seung-Won's face, though I've never seen a show of his... we'll see how it will go :)

I don't know why, but YKS comes across as so bland to me... Even in two roles that were supposed to be intense like in Poongsan and The Outlaws he didn't grab me. He seems like a sweet guy, but as an actor, not my thing...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

I'm trying to watch women centric dramas these days.  Right now I'm watching Russian drama 'Ekaterina' which is based on life of Russian empress Cathrine the Great. If you are into realistic political dramas or if you like digging into history from different perspectives then you should give it a try. 

If you are looking for a brighter family drama with strong female lead then you should try Japanese drama 'Asa Ga Kita'. Among Korean dramas I've read very good reviews for 'WWW' and it's female characters but I haven't watched it. :)

I'm not looking for shows that are specifically female-centric. I guess I like it when a show is balanced- I want both male AND female characters to be complex and interesting. I guess I'm just looking for good shows. But if you are looking for a good female-centric show, I can recommend a good Turkish show called "What about Fatmagul"- phenomenally brave yet vulnerable female character. 

5 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I'm not looking for shows that are specifically female-centric. I guess I like it when a show is balanced- I want both male AND female characters to be complex and interesting. I guess I'm just looking for good shows. But if you are looking for a good female-centric show, I can recommend a good Turkish show called "What about Fatmagul"- phenomenally brave yet vulnerable female character. 

I've already watched Hindi dubbed version(aired on cabel TV) of this show. Female character was indeed likable but the drama was too long and I wanted to slap almost every male character(and sister-in-law) in the show. 

Spoiler :

Spoiler

I could not digest Fatmagul's marriage to Kerim. The man aided her rapists(even though from drama's logic he was drunk). I was so uncomfortable when Fatmagul was forced to marry him. 

The dramas I've mentioned actually have powerful female leads.

2 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

I've already watched Hindi dubbed version(aired on cabel TV) of this show. Female character was indeed likable but the drama was too long and I wanted to slap almost every male character(and sister-in-law) in the show. 

Spoiler :

Hide contents

I could not digest Fatmagul's marriage to Kerim. The man aided her rapists(even though from drama's logic he was drunk). I was so uncomfortable when Fatmagul was forced to marry him. 

The dramas I've mentioned actually have powerful female leads.

I agree it was very long. That's the thing with Turkish shows. Making them almost the exact opposite to Kdramas. What I loved about the show was how strong she became and how realistically she was developed, including the way she dealt with her marriage, that had to do with her culture.

Spoiler

As to the husband, in some ways the argument can be made that he also was raped, even though he took the drug willingly, but he couldn't do anything to prevent the rape and was traumatized by it as well. Inspite of the extreme situation, I thought the show handled the entire thing very realistically and everything was justified as time. The show wasn't about revenge, but about justice and forgiveness. That also takes courage.

12 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

What did you think of Robbers? That Oh Joon was injured and in pain the entire drama lol (my most rewatched JH drama, do I also love my guys injured? Lol) 

That's the reason this is my most rewatched JH drama too.  He gets beaten up so often and in pain due to sickness.  I like to see him injured in a drama but not dead.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

6 minutes ago, AgnesO said:

That's the reason this is my most rewatched JH drama too.  He gets beaten up so often and in pain due to sickness.  I like to see him injured in a drama but not dead.

Now u are making me consider whether I should give Robbers a second chance?

• Like 3

@Biology Lesson Hey speaking of GHJ, (I did finish The Greatest Love, I believe is from FTLY PD? But anywho, I wasn’t personally impressed but I know its a popular drama. This was at a brief period of time when I tried to watch classics and give a chance to non JH dramas until I gave up. I remember people comparing Lee Gun to Dokko Jin. I respect CSW but I obviously have my preferences lol) Anyway, did you try watching Thank You? I love that drama but with caveats (its old, JH style is not great lol) but I love JHs rapport with Seo Shin Ae (the little girl) and the grandpa

Turkish dramas are the rave! There’s one called “Endless love” (Kara Sevda) Im sort of peeking at just cause its on, where I work but, damn it the thing is quite literally endless!!!!!!!! Like, everyone is beautiful, acting seems decent, production looks nice but! WTH is that story that moves so slowly! I swear every time I pay attention the same conversation is being had, the same confrontation, its like watching a painting moving slowly? What? But Im sure its me missing something cause this one is having hight ratings and people are in love with the male lead. 

But anyway, thanks to the success of that one, the network will buy more turkish dramas. I hear Fatmagul is among them. It sounds like a better story at least. 

@Prettysup Yes, give Robbers a second chance :P

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fiesty8001 said:

I enjoyed "Carlos, Rey Emperador". :)