32 minutes ago, corey said:

One of my favourite clean shaven looks. He should do it more often :wub:.

However, I am slightly confused that I laughed at some scenes. (like the "punching in the car" scene in episode 2). It is normal to laugh at it :unsure:?

You know, I am really extreme. I like Pil Joo clean shaven looks & I also like Bang Won untidy hair look. Don't know if you have watched My Country, I like him in the hairstyle half tied up, half let down.

@azureblue7your library collection got a photo of his in the hairstyle I mentioned? The one which he spoke to his father in which episode I cannot remember, his father asked him to kneel but he angrily dropped the sword that scene, that hair. Compare Pil Joo & Bang Won, both are so appealing. I'm drooooling. :grimace:

Hahaha! I like the punching scene too. Because Pil Joo is a gentleman yo. To him, no nonsense no flirting but Boo Choon said something like he can marry NMH & he can also have another woman (can't recall the exact words) so it's only right Pil Joo punched him real hard! Lol. :phew: Ouch!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

@azureblue7your library collection got a photo of his in the hairstyle I mentioned? The one which he spoke to his father in which episode I cannot remember, his father asked him to kneel but he angrily dropped the sword that scene, that hair. Compare Pil Joo & Bang Won, both are so appealing. I'm drooooling. :grimace:

Yes...I like that style too!

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

Hahaha! I like the punching scene too. Because Pil Joo is a gentleman yo. To him, no nonsense no flirting but Boo Choon said something like he can marry NMH & he can also have another woman (can't recall the exact words) so it's only right Pil Joo punched him real hard! Lol. :phew: Ouch!

Instead of the punching poor Boo Cheon scene ( Poor him but he deserved it ) ,I like this scene below. Spoiler alert for @corey

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Yes...I like that style too!

I love this scene so much! How can someone looking so untidy & yet be so handsome? Like the way he dropped his sword. Such arrogance!

The 2nd picture - you making me recall the "moonlight night" thingy. Hahaha! Remember we were so .....about the moonlight night thingy. If I'm the girl, I'll say YES immediately.

Pil Joo looks so handsome carrying the drunk NMH. The scene that I also like is, the one that MR waltzed into his room, he was looking at all his watches, MR asked him if he had found En Jang (his real name) & he sort of like touched her fringe likely. I thought he was going to touch her face ^_^ I bet MR thought he was going to touch her face too. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Pil Joo looks so handsome carrying the drunk NMH. The scene that I also like is, the one that MR waltzed into his room, he was looking at all his watches, MR asked him if he had found En Jang (his real name) & he sort of like touched her fringe likely. I thought he was going to touch her face ^_^ I bet MR thought he was going to touch her face too. 

There wasn't any intimate scenes but yet the scenes were sizzling hot especially the one below. Spoiler alert since @coreyhas not finished watching MF yet.

Spoiler

• Like 4

7 hours ago, corey said:

One of my favourite clean shaven looks. He should do it more often :wub:.

However, I am slightly confused that I laughed at some scenes. (like the "punching in the car" scene in episode 2). It is normal to laugh at it :unsure:?

MF was called a masterpiece “makjang”. Makjang is equivalent to saying “soap opera like” so yes, there’ll be exaggerated stuff that’ll be funny but it feels so intentional because it is precisely that. It had outlandish moments. I love MF btw.  Oh and the punching in the car scene, that was just intentionally funny I think :lol: If you mean the one Piljoo gave to Bucheon

Jang Hyuk as Piljoo was magnificent! Sexy and magnetic like never before maybe. And then Bangwon too. This man gets sexier by the minute. 

I agree about BM and the female cop. The first eps were a bit huh? But at the time I was so focused on LYO I didn’t care about the ridiculous parts (also, I had just seen JH in Gaekju, which was disappointing to me, so I was in the process of falling back in love with his acting) 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, corey said:

Please also do not get angry that I do not watch C Dramas for the above reasons :D. But of course Chinese oppas (or rather gēgēmen  哥哥們) are very handsome too, just like Yang Yang or another my favourite Xing Zhao Lin.

Yang Yang isn't my cup of tea (hahaha, I like older actors) but I did watch 1 of his drama with Zheng Shuang - 1 smile is very alluring.

14 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

Ok guys, time for all you to confess right now :P Tell me your other favorite actors that you cheat on JH with (I suddenly got curious) 

What about those that I cheated on with JH? 

• LOL 2

20 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

Ok guys, time for all you to confess right now :P Tell me your other favorite actors that you cheat on JH with (I suddenly got curious) 

Being faithful to JH is very easy... I have said often, he has most certainly ruined me for other actors. So- liking the random show? Yes. Have I another Korean actor I am a fan of? Nope!

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

What about those that I cheated on with JH? 

Cheater! Lol!! Those count to

@corey Damn! I don’t know the majority of your oppas and the ones I know are too young for me :lol: We’ll never fight for oppas unless its JH (YSH is pretty though. I like that boy, like a little brother lol) 

@Biology Lesson Yup! On the loyalty. I mostly get short term crushes on characters. My whole life Ive been more into characters than actors, but then occasionally an actor would tempt me to follow from one project to another until I get distracted. This long term thing I have with JH is rare for me but Ive been a “fan” of actors before. If I rate them all talent wise, he wins though (not saying he is the most talented actor that exists, but among the ones Ive had crushes on, yes) And he has that powerful combination of great characters that I fell for, acting, rl adorkable personality, sexiness and handsome looks. I think the whole JH package, Is what I love. 

Ok these are the actors Ive occasionally had crushes on and have certain fondness for them and “might” entice me to check out a drama if they are in it (but I need to be attracted to the premise too)

Yoo Yeon Seok - Due to Dongmae in Mr Sunshine. My newest non JH character crush. 

Kim Nam Gil - due to Bidam in Queen Seondeok. He was my first formal k-crush. His crying scenes get me as much as JHs. 

Choi Jin Hyuk - Ironically didn’t do much for me in FTLY but liked him in Tunnel

Ji Sung - I find him to be a fun actor, not a crush but watch merely for acting skills. I watched him in Kill me heal me and Defendant 

Jung Kyung Ho - Not for a particular character or drama, I just find him attractive for reasons but I have dropped some of his dramas. Our thing is ill fated lol! But Ill try Life of Mars which got good reviews

Yoon Sang Hyun - fun actor, expressive eyes

• Like 4

@corey Ok, wait, whats that show you hated? Lol

I watched KYK in Lookout, he was pretty good in that! (But no happy ending) Also in Pinocchio (a fave drama among non JH dramas) 

I watched Im Joo Hwan in Tamra, because my korean co blogger friend asked me to, he was her former k-crush before JH. I liked him but not so much the drama

I think you should watch My Country. You will love the other guys in it besides JH lol (but ending erm not happy) 

John Il Woo was “the scheduler” in 49 days. A great supporting role. Liked him a lot there. Kinda of a show stealer (I had forgotten I liked him honestly) 

Yoo Seung Ho - I met him in Queen Seondeok. He was a baby and beautiful. Also watched WBDS and Im not a robot (will likely watch Remember me, I think its on my list)

The fact that you watched KMHM and yet you don’t appreciate my Ji Sung is killing me though! Can we be friends? 

I get the feeling you would like  Sungkyunkwan Scandal with Yoo Ah In (I forgot but I got a crush on him there) and Song Joon Ki (He is famous, DOTS, etc) because its a happy ending sageuk with pretty boys (Actually written by BM writer) 

• Like 3

@corey Yes, of course! Vent away! :D 

If you like Yang Sejong, you will most likely enjoy MC, its angsty to the max, but the boys are very pretty, strong bromance and YSJ had fun chemistry with Woo Do Hwan and JH. No one really cared about the romance there. Most people were into the love triangle between Bangwon, Hwi and Seonho (Woo Do Hwan) :P

• Like 2

9 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Jo Jung Seok - He's the one that made me involve with Soompi. lol. Very good in acting and singing. His breakout role in Architecture 101 is totally hilarious.

Image result for jo jung suk naebdukki gif Image result for jo jung suk naebdukki gif Image result for jo jung suk naebdukki gif

Song Joong Ki - I like the old him. Pre DOTS and high profile wedding. I like him the most in SKKS and TWDR as younger King Sejong. So in my head canon Jang Hyuk (Yi Bang Won) is his father? lol.

Image result for sejong song joong ki gif

Nam-Goong Min - The latest. Underrated actor all over.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, corey said:

t was Secret aka Secret Love (Bi-Mil). I hated absolutely everything about it, including happy ending. If you wish, I can elaborate somewhere in hidden content, becuase I still cannot get over just how despicable everything and everyone in this show was, so it will help me vent my feelings

Yes that was a show that really felt like it was propagating chauvinism (not that I’m a feminist), and the bully and stepping on the FL was painful to watch. I also don’t know why I endured it. I guess I just wanted to watch the terrible people getting a taste of their own medicine in the end but even the ending was stupid and not satisfying. The female lead was a weak doormat through and through. 

Okay okay, I’ll share with you guys the other Oppa I liked haha. But hey, it’s more like I cheated on that Oppa because I liked him first and found JH later only. But JH has since taken over as my most fav Oppa, the other went to number 2 already :lol: 

It’s Lee Jong Suk! Haha. I liked almost all the shows he starred in: I hear your voice, Pinocchio, Dr Stranger, W-Two worlds, While you were sleeping and the latest, Romance is a Bonus Book. He does have a knack of choosing the right projects, shows that are very engaging. But of course, after discovering JH, I realized that LJS is no match for JH in terms of acting talent, but he still is a very kind, shy and easy going actor who is also very dedicated to his craft that I (still) love. 

another actor I hugely admire for his talents (not so much looks), is actually Yoo Ah In. He is quite an acting genius for his generation. I watched him in Secret Affair (also a director that I wish JH will have the chance to work with). His level of immersion was insane. A super talented actor period. But he doesn’t come without controversies. I guess his bold personality and perspectives are also part and parcel of what makes him so so expressive and immersive and bold as an actor. 

but with all that being said, JH is still the number 1 for me for all the reasons I stated yesterday (Talent, looks, personality, philosophy towards life, discipline). That I must make it clear. Hahahaha!! 

• Like 4

@The Reel Life Awww I have a soft spot for LJS, I really enjoyed “I can hear your voice” and “Pinocchio” (they are among my favorite non JH dramas) He is one of the few k-actors that can kiss too. I even endured Dr Stranger, which was very strange lol I actually find him to be talented, expressive, sexy even though, not my type. Like, too young for me or too skinny maybe lol! but I can see the appeal. I have a similar soft spot for Lee Jun Ki. Both enjoyable actors. In the case of LJS he is still so young. With more experience he’ll likely become a better actor (since he is already good) 

YAI, yeah I had that crush during SKKS. I got slightly annoyed because  of some of his fans during My Country but, I know the feeling will go away lol. I plan to watch Chicago Typewriter. I’ve heard its really good. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, corey said:

I know that C-Dramas are supposed to make sense only around 7th episode, but honestly, I just could not stand the torture that was watching this drama. So that was the end of my adventure with C-Dramas.

I know what you mean but I think this problem is not exclusively in C drama only. I think K drama might also have this problem, esp the historical ones. Half the time I don't know what's happening in the first few episodes because I can't get it right who is who, who is the family of who. :oBy the time I got it right, probably 10 episodes have gone by. Hahaha as you've mentioned.

Below are the K actors that I watch & like their portrayal in that drama : anyone to your liking? Although I watch k drama but I didn't like some, for example : (The Doctors, My Secret Romance, What's wrong with Secretary Kim) so dropped it. For K drama, JH still tops the list for me. For C drama, I have a number of favourites :P& I categorised them according to genre. 

Spoiler

Byung Hun (Mr Sunshine) Lee Seo Jin (Marriage Contract), Ha Seok Jin (1% of Anything), Ji Jin Hee (Dae Jang Geum & Dong Yi) Uhm Tae Woong (Queen of Seondeok) Song ll Gook (Jumong) Bae Soo Bin (Dong Yi). 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, budgerie said:

You know, I am really extreme. I like Pil Joo clean shaven looks & I also like Bang Won untidy hair look. Don't know if you have watched My Country, I like him in the hairstyle half tied up, half let down.

That half tied up and half let down style - I love it too and the one in SOGC was awesome as well :)

he suits many different styles 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

@The Reel Life Awww I have a soft spot for LJS, I really enjoyed “I can hear your voice” and “Pinocchio” (they are among my favorite non JH dramas) He is one of the few k-actors that can kiss too. I even endured Dr Stranger, which was very strange lol I actually find him to be talented, expressive, sexy even though, not my type. Like, too young for me or too skinny maybe lol! but I can see the appeal. I have a similar soft spot for Lee Jun Ki. Both enjoyable actors. In the case of LJS he is still so young. With more experience he’ll likely become a better actor (since he is already good) 

YAI, yeah I had that crush during SKKS. I got slightly annoyed because  of some of his fans during My Country but, I know the feeling will go away lol. I plan to watch Chicago Typewriter. I’ve heard its really good. 

@dramafan33 Awwwh I’m so glad someone here likes or has a soft spot for LJS too! He was my first Korean crush that’s why he still holds a place in my heart. I Agree with you that he kisses well. Super immersive haha. I actually think he emotes really well Too and he is super famous for being a noona killer. Basically his chemistry is off the charts with older women, not younger. The irony lol. 

Pinocchio remains as one of my all time favorites. It was such an endearing show. The relationships were very genuine. His relationship with In Ha’s family was precious. And in Dr Stranger I loved his chemistry with Kang Sora (the 2nd FL). Yes he has a long way to go in his career, and I have no doubt he will get more successful! I really prefer him much more to the other hallyu stars. He is hardworking, passionate towards acting and also Acts in a drama every single year without fail. I’ve read his interviews and despite his looks and outward personality, he seems to be someone very contemplative and an overthinker who is always not satisfied with his own performance and wants to improve always. Love his humility. 

(Ok I should stop gushing about him on a JH thread, but thanks for indulging me and saying you like him too haha). Ironically I have not joined the LJS Soompi thread. It is usually just filled with lots of pictures and gifs, not much discussions. I really enjoy JH’s thread here because we actually discuss and talk about him more in depth and not just ogle at his beauty. (Though I think I wouldn’t mind more pictures and clips of him haha). 

As for YAI, if you have the time, may I suggest you try secret affair? It is abit slow paced, but the performances are riveting and the subject is quite a taboo, which made it more interesting. YAI was magnificent in it. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Cheater! Lol!! Those count too

Actually my very first love is HK singer/actor Andy Lau whom I got to know in my teens, which is soooo many years ago. So even though now I do not really follow his news or works any more, I still managed to attend my first ever live concert when he performed in my country last year. I think he is the type who will stay with me for life, so I dont think I cheated on him ?? Haha.. more like two-timing?

I only started to watch Kdramas in 2014. My style is after I watched a show which I like, I will go find other shows of the same actor. So in order for me to really like a person, he needs to have more than one show which appealed to me. Then after a few failed attempts, I chanced upon Chuno, TWDR, Iris2 etc and the rest is history! The other K-actors whom I like include Kim Nam-gil, Lee Min-ho, Jung Kyung-ho etc. But since only 1 or 2 of their shows appealed to me, I couldn't like them the same way as I like our Hyukie.

Anyway besides JH, the only actor whom I follow actively now is C-actor/singer William Chan.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1