Su Ae 수애 | Soo AE

71e

Guest ...TLT...

I'm just wondering in these KTF videos with Jo In Sung, is the girl Soo Ae?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzg9kDH5Fjc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA22HYrfwkE

I think it is because I was on his website flipping through his pictures, and there was one where she was posing with him. If she is indeed the girl in the video, she's sooo cute. Also I hope I didn't do anything wrong by linking these KTF NGs, it's just so rare for me to find something Soo Ae related. Asides from Ha Ji Won's acting, I love Soo Ae. I even bought Emperor of the Sea because of her and Song Il Gook, but also because I wouldn't be able to wait for the series to finish showing on tv, once a week for an hour -- takes forever to finish.

yep that's Soo Ae in those videos with Jo In Sung..they looks nice together..lol.. :w00t:

• 1 month later...

Oct 11, 2006

Rain, Won Bin, Kang Dong-won Join Hands

Image: WonBin

Hallyu stars Rain, Won Bin, Kang Don-won, Suae and Han Chae-young will set up a joint sales office at the 11th Pusan International Film Festival.

Star-J Entertainment said October 11 that four talent management agencies that manage big hallyu stars, including JYP Entertainment, Dream East On and The Man, will set up a joint sales office at the festival.

The Asian Film Market, which will debut this year, will create opportunities to share information about popular actors aside from just buying and selling films. Influential talent management agencies from both Korea and abroad are expected to install booths at the festival to promote their actors.

A person from Star-J Entertainment said that promotional activities of hallyu stars overseas that were unofficially held so far had multiple negative effects, but this event will hopefully pave the way for official and transparent business.

The sales office will be open October 15 through 18.

Source: KBS Global

http://english.kbs.co.kr/entertainment/new...9387_11858.html

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bloodwraith

This is The queen of melodramas! No doubt about it

Ever since I first saw her in Love Letter, I could tell from the first episode of Love Letter that she was the most talented actress ever!

She doesn't need to have makeup or act pretty to be pretty. Her beauty lies in the fact that she is absolutely natural.

But what a talent she is. How can one cry so realistic? I mean when she cries, hell, I even cry with her. And I'm a person who rarely drop a tear :blink:

She is defintely cut out for sad, deep and emotional roles and she performs her role to perfection. I don't think I could compare her to any other korean actress, since her character really shines through the screen, even when she isn't speaking. I mean she has the gift og expressing her emotions without speech that makes you feel WOW.

Jus by reading her face expression, you can immediately see what feelings are being displayed. There is no overacting or forced emotions, everything seems so natural.

I think she would not fit a light-hearted or comedian role, since her character seems to be filled with so much thoughts and sadness, hehe.

I would really hate to see her in one of those stupid romance-comedy movies, like "My boyfriend is blood type B", "100 days with Mr. Arrogant", "Love is so divine", etc.

But enough said, I know her next movie will be great no matter what (fingers crossed, hehe )

Guest dada_princess

i first saw her in love letter in2003, i like her with jo hyun jae as a priest. Kang dong Won and Suae al so won best new artists awards.

i hope for her success

• 2 weeks later...

This is The queen of melodramas! No doubt about it

I don't think I could compare her to any other korean actress, since her character really shines through the screen, even when she isn't speaking. I mean she has the gift of expressing her emotions without speech that makes you feel WOW. Just by reading her face expression, you can immediately see what feelings are being displayed. There is no overacting or forced emotions, everything seems so natural.

Well said. I can't think of another actress with her onscreen presence, her acting chops. And she's still so young in her career; she'll only get better, I'm sure! She has the potential to be a bonafide star. She brings such intelligence, depth/dimension, and realism to her roles. I don't see her getting typecast... she pulls off different looks and characters so well; she can play historical and demure as well as edgy and modern. She, herself, has a very unique kind of beauty. At times, she looks stunningly beautiful; other times, she looks convincingly plain, easy to overlook. Some say, she looks typical Korean; perhaps that's why she plays ordinary characters so well with that extra something. I also like how she carries herself... oozing femininity! I'd like to see her in a drama with Bae Yong Joon (Winter Sonata, Hotelier, April Snow). "Still waters run deep" would be an apt description for both of them. Their two voices would alone be worth it. And they're both so tall and leggy... I think they'd compliment each other well.

I say watch out for Su Ae... Choi Ji Woo (Winter Sonata, Stairway to Heaven) and Kim Tae Hee (Stairway to Heaven, Love Story in Harvard) may be more cover model types, but they'll never deliver like she does! Wishing Su Ae some great roles ahead. May she break new ground for Asian woman like Meryl Streep did for the women of Hollywood.

Guest siCKako

I'm glad she's included among the top powerful actresses list of 2006. :) SHe sure deserves it...I hope she gains back a bit of weight..I saw an interview of her over KBS World last Moday and she's gotten much thinner...her dimples are not evident anymore...

Please watch out for possible spoilers -

Comedy-maker Cho directs tear-jerker set in dictatorial regime

November 29, 2006 ㅡ It is unnecessary for movies to show tearful scenes to make audience members cry. Show a boy and a girl, and adroitly tell the audience that they were never meant to be and soon soft sniffling will ripple across the room.

Such sounds were particularly noticeable during the press premiere of "Once in a Summer" by Cho Keun-sik, a former comedy-maker who directed this tear-jerking romance featuring Lee Byung-hun and Su Ae.

htm20061128012357900091ir0.jpg

To get a peek at their favorite Korean pop star, some Japanese fans also filled seats among the press at the Megabox theater in COEX, southern Seoul, last week. A middle-aged Japanese woman who introduced herself as simply "Lee Byung-hun's fan" said she "loved the movie" and that she had to wipe away tears throughout the screening.

Another woman, who said she came from Yokohama to see her favorite actor at the special screening before the film is released, said Lee was a better actor than Bae Yong-joon, or Yonsama, as he is widely known in Japan.

"[Lee and Bae] are both popular there but Lee acts better, I think," Mari Ishii said excitedly.

"Once in a Summer" is narrated by Yoon Seok-yeong (Lee), a lonely 57-year-old professor who misses his first love and hates himself for not having been able to protect her in his younger days.

The story then goes back in time to the turbulent summer of 1969 when he first encountered the girl.

Seok-yeong was a rich urban boy who reluctantly followed his college mates to the countryside to give a helping hand to farmers. There, he met innocent beauty Jeong-in (Su) and the pair falls in love. It is set during the dictatorial regime of late President Park Chung Hee, when student activism was rife.

What started as simple dates for the two turned into a disaster as they got tangled in ideological issues.

The emotion reaches its peak with the two face to face in an interrogation room, with investigators threatening them. Seok-yeong denies ever knowing Jeong-in, and she tells the investigators that what he said is true.

htm20061128012357900091qp3.jpg

▶ Lee Byung-hun and Su Ae waving

at a press preview for their new film,

"Once in a Summer." [NEWSIS]

"The director and I took a long time understanding Seok-yeong's character," Lee said after the screening, explaining that although the script initially portrayed him as a cynical and pessimistic figure, he realized that made his character bland.

So, he said, he decided to depend more on his personal feelings and impromptu responses as the filming proceeded.

"I've never used more ad-libs in my acting life," he said.

Su said the press screening was her first time watching the completed version of the film.

"Actually, I tried really hard not to lose myself while watching this film ," she said.

"It would have been really embarrassing to cry watching my own film."

"Once in a Summer" opens in theaters nationwide on Thursday.

by Lee Min-a <mina@joongang.co.kr>

Source: INSIDE JoongAng Daily

http://joongangdaily.joins.com/200611/28/2...0091009101.html