❤ Ji Sung ❤ 지성 / Drama 2022 : Adamas

LoVeCartier

*** Ji Sung shared his thoughts about how he portrayed the twins in "Adamas". He explained, “Rather than creating and establishing different points to distinguish the twins, I wanted to focus more on the feeling of how they can’t help but be similar because they’re identical twins.”  He said that both of them are intelligent. That they have different ways of accepting sadness. Ha Woo Shin is the type to calmly accept sorrow, swallow the pain, and bury it in his heart, while Song Soo Hyun honestly explodes with sadness and pain, and after he sorts out those feelings, he accepts them. “Adamas” will premiere on July 27 at 10:30 p.m. KST. I hope Viki will license this. He played so well the (7) identities in "Kill Me, Heal Me".   :ohboy2:

Ji-Sung-1-1.jpg

Ji-Sung-3.jpg

Ji-Sung-2-1536x1024.jpg

• Like 1

*** JS plays twin brothers in "Adamas" is a "walk in the park" for him. This drama is actually premiering in 2-week, taking-over the Wed-Thurs time slot from the drama Eve. I've really been looking forward to this drama. Good that Disney+ has

licensed it. Excited to see JS again.   :wut:

• Like 1

*** On July 18th, Jisung posted on his Instagram with a caption - "Ji-yoo's idea to protect the tomato".  (Ji-yoo is his daughter)  There are small tomatoes and a scarecrow in the picture. The scarecrow is wearing clothes on a hanger, drawing laughter. She's protecting the tomato - hahaha -   :heart2:

photo1519320.jpg

• Like 1

*** With the premiere now just over a week away, tvN’s "Adamas" has been pushing out more promos, including a new poster and video teaser, as well as new stills. Who needs only one when you can have two heroes? And they’re both

played by Ji Sung. I can't wait! Two Ji Sungs are giving me mini heart attacks - hahaha -   :wut:

video source : Dramabeans

• Like 1

Ji Sung’s New Drama “Adamas” Introduces 3 Interesting Points To Keep An Eye On

Ji Sung’s New Drama “Adamas” Introduces 3 Interesting Points To Keep An Eye On

“Adamas” is planning to captivate the small screen with its unique universe!

tvN’s new Wednesday-Thursday drama “Adamas” revealed interesting points to keep an eye on that will amplify the anticipation for those who are waiting for the drama.

“Adamas” depicts the story of twin brothers uncovering the truth from an incident 22 years ago. The two will work as one in order to clear the murder charges of their biological father who was accused of killing their stepfather and to find the “adamas” that is the evidence for the murder. Ji Sung will be playing both twins named Ha Woo Shin and Song Soo Hyun.

Here are three points to look out for in the drama:

Spoiler

Establishing a unique universe

“Adamas” is a Greek word meaning “unconquerable” from which the word “diamond” is derived. “Adamas” tells the story of twin brothers who dig into the truth behind the incident involving a bloody diamond arrow. The text on the poster that reads, “Steal adamas, the bloody diamond arrow,” implies the dangerous journey of the twin brothers Ha Woo Shin and Song Soo Hyun in search for truth.

“Adamas” boasts a majestic world that is ruled by the undisputedly powerful Haesong Group. By introducing groups of people who are intertwined with various interests from those who try to secure the safety of Haesong Group to those who try to unveil the truth, the ensemble raises anticipation for the colorful and rich stories to come. It also raises the question of how all of these elements will come together in one universe.

adamas-copy-scaled.jpeg

The older brother looking for the real culprit and the younger brother looking for evidence

“Adamas” is a story of twin brothers who fight their individual battles for one truth. The older brother is looking for the real culprit in order to clear the false charge placed on his father who was framed to have killed their stepfather. The younger brother is looking for the adamas, which is the evidence for the murder.

The drama also previews the different situations that each of the brothers will face as well as the different stories that will unfold for each character.

The younger brother and writer Ha Woo Shin is good at making rational judgments and can understand people’s minds very well. The older brother and prosecutor Song Soo Hyun is honest and outspoken about his feelings.

A point to watch out for is how the twin brothers, who look alike but have opposite personalities, take on the events that will unfold and how they will find a breakthrough. It raises anticipation for the truth-seeking journey where the only truth boils down to the adamas even if the starting points are different from one another.

adamas-poster0.jpeg

Star-studded cast

Ji Sung, who has shown multifaceted performances in the past, will boast his skills and strengths once again through his dual roles as Ha Woo Shin and Song Soo Hyun. This time, he will portray intricate details as he takes on the roles of twin brothers who look the same but have different personalities.

In a previous interview, Ji Sung conveyed his passion and said, “I wanted to differentiate the characters by their inner thoughts and not their outer appearances.” This raises anticipation for whether the twin brothers Ha Woo Shin and Song Soo Hyun will become his new roles of a lifetime.

In addition, “Adamas” has a star-studded lineup including Seo Ji Hye (playing Eun Hye Soo), Lee Soo Kyung (playing Kim Seo Hee), Heo Sung Tae (playing chief officer Mr. Choi), and Oh Dae Hwan (playing team leader Mr. Lee). Their fantastic synergy adds to the anticipation for the drama.

“Adamas” premieres on July 27 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

Check out a teaser here!

credit : soompi news

• Like 2

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Ji Sung, Seo Ji Hye, Lee Soo Kyung, And More Talk About The Difficulties Of Their Roles In “Adamas,” The Drama’s True Genre, And More

tvN recently held a press conference for their upcoming drama “Adamas”!

“Adamas” depicts the story of twin brothers uncovering the truth from an incident 22 years ago. The two will work as one in order to clear the murder charges of their biological father who was accused of killing their stepfather and to find the “adamas” that is the evidence for the murder.

On July 26, “Adamas” leads Ji Sung, Seo Ji Hye, Lee Soo Kyung, Heo Sung Tae, and director Park Seung Woo attended an online press conference to discuss the drama and their characters.

Director Park Seung Woo explained that “Adamas” is a drama of more than one genre, sharing, “We have been saying it’s an investigation drama, but can we describe it in one word? I thought a lot about this at the start. It’s hard to explain a drama with one expression. If I say it’s a mystery thriller, there’s also a side of powerful action. If I consider it action, there are also noir aspects. It feels like a mix of various genres. It’s hard to describe this aspect. I wonder if it isn’t even a genre drama.”

Adamas-2-1536x1024.jpeg

Adamas-1-1536x1024.jpeg

Ji Sung stars in a dual role as identical twin brothers Ha Woo Shin, an author, and Song Soo Hyun, a special forces prosecutor who works at the Central District Prosecutor’s office. While this sounds like a lot, it is not Ji Sung’s first time in a role like this. In the 2015 drama “Kill Me Heal Me,” Ji Sung played a character who develops dissociative identity disorder, leading the actor to eventually play up to seven different roles at once.

Ji Sung revealed that all seven of the characters were very different, but that his approach to playing twin brothers was not the same. He shared about his role in “Adamas,” “The two people have the same start. As they’re similar, there were a lot of difficult aspects as I tried to emphasize the portrayal of their subtle differences.”

Spoiler

Ji-Sung-1024x1536.jpeg

The director spoke about the casting process, explaining, “Ji Sung was cast before me so he’s the biggest reason why I decided to do this project. Eun Hye Soo, who is portrayed by Seo Ji Hye, is hard to describe in one to two words. She must be elegant and not make it known that she has hidden inner wounds. The character had to be beautiful. As we were searching for that intersection, the solution we came to was Seo Ji Hye.”

In 2010, Seo Ji Hye and Ji Sung both appeared in “Kim Soo Ro” (also known as “The Iron King”) and are now working together again for the first time in over 10 years. Ji Sung commented, “We met for the first time in 10 years. I figure that we were able to meet again because we’ve both been healthy and well. It felt new and it was good to see her. While acting together, she has the same reactions as in the past, so it’s nice to see.”

He then praised his co-star, saying, “Just the way she stands in front of the camera is exactly Eun Hye Soo. It was alluring.”

When asked about the key points of “Adamas,” Heo Sung Tae chose action while Lee Soo Kyung picked Ji Sung’s acting. Seo Ji Hye chose the actors’ acting and characters and Ji Sung answered, “I think it will be fun if you search for the adamas along with all the actors.”

“Adamas” premieres on July 27 at 10:30 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser for the drama here!

Ji Sung, Seo Ji Hye, Lee Soo Kyung, And More Talk About The Difficulties Of Their Roles In “Adamas,” The Drama’s True Genre, And More | Soompi

• Like 1

*** What do I have to look forward to "Adamas"?  Ji Sung x Ji Sung. He’s playing twin brothers, and I’m sure he’ll be ridiculously good at projecting two very different characters on screen (after all, he’s nailed it before)!   :luvarrow:

*** I'm happy that I get to see JS again on my small screen. I adore this man! For me, he is always has good portrayals of characters throughout his journey in the industry. In "Kill Me, Heal Me where he played multiple characters at a time, he precisely separates each from the other to have a perfect balance between them. He wowed me by successfully pulling off seven personalities in that drama. Now, in "Adamas" he'll be again playing a dual character. Interesting because this is not the first time he  has taken on multiple roles in a K-drama.   :ohboy2:

• Like 1