❤ Ji Sung ❤ 지성 / Drama 2022 : Adamas

LoVeCartier

• 3 weeks later...

If you're looking for a thrilling stories of the poor taking revenge on the rich, you should definitely check out these K-Dramas

"Reborn Rich" has been generating a lot of buzz lately, with viewers eagerly awaiting the next episode.

This drama delves deep into the dark side of wealth and power, as well as one man's quest for revenge.

Filled with thrilling action and mind-boggling games, here are five other K-dramas about the revenge of the poor that you should watch!

3. "The Devil Judge": Dive into the depths of politics and law in this drama, wherein Kang Yo Han does all he can in order to punish the corrupt and greedy people of authority. Will justice be served, or will the working of the wealthy overtake the powers of the laws of the world?

(skipped unrelated.....) 

source : Allkpop

• 2 weeks later...

K-Drama Siblings We Wish We Had in Real Life

When a drama has not only an engaging plotline, but also strong relationship dynamics, it makes the series so much more wholesome! With that in mind, here are eight K-drama siblings we wish we had in real life!

5. "Kill Me Heal Me" Ri On: Who doesn't love Ri On? He's loveable, comedic, and handsome too! Imagine having a sibling like him!

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.allkpop.com/article/2022/12/k-drama-siblings-we-wish-we-had-in-real-life

• 3 weeks later...

*** Ji Sung and his 9-year-old daughter celebrated his wife Lee Boyoung's birthday! Yesterday,  January 12th, he uploaded a post to his Instagram with the caption, "Happy birthday! Boyoung! Happy birthday! Mom!! 2023. 1. 12," along with a lot of heart emojis. With the post, he also revealed a birthday card made by their daughter Jiyu. This time, for her mother's special day, she made a handmade birthday card decorated with colorful patterns along with a heartfelt letter. Inside the card, she drew her mother and herself and sweetly wrote, "To my beloved mother, happy birthday! You know I love you so much, right? I love my mom and I want to always be next to her."  :7555_attack:

20230113_033703_701_9306_n.jpg

20230113_033734_429_7629_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The Duality: 5 K-Dramas With Main Leads Who Play Dual Roles

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

A familiar trope that is often at the forefront of a main K-drama lead is when they play dual roles. There have been many K-dramas in which the main lead has played both the evil and good twin sibling, which really showcases the range of the actor or actress. Here are five entertaining K-dramas where the main leads have had to play dual roles.

“Kill Me, Heal Me”

“Kill Me, Heal Me” is about a wealthy man named Cha Do Hyun (Ji Sung), who struggles with multiple personality disorder as a result of a traumatic experience he had as a child. To be more specific, he has seven personalities, one of which is also in love with the female lead, Oh Ri Jin (Hwang Jung Eum).

kill-me-heal-me.jpeg

This series has the ultimate main lead playing dual characters as Cha Do Hyun suffers from multiple personality disorder that plagues his life every day. Ji Sung’s ability to portray such different personalities on a whim is not only delightful to watch, but it’s also captivating in that his acting abilities are admirable. His embodiment of bad boy Shin Se Gi and even boy crazy Yona is all too perfect!

Check out the drama here:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

*** I've re-watched his latest drama, "Adamas" since I wasn't able to watch it continuously during airing because of lack of time. I love the drama but, I find the ending not great. As usual, for me, JS is amazing! He took my heart again with his performance. Ha Wooshin is so smart and Sohyun is so brave, a great difference between this two identical twins.. From episode 4 onwards you can see how it is getting exciting and mysterious. Adamas is mainly a mystery drama. The actors’ performances also add to the fun. IDK why Lee Kyung Young, who plays Chairman Kwon always appeared in all his dramas as villains with power and wealth. It seems like he’s one actor playing similar roles over and over again. I hope I can get to watch him in a drama playing a different role. I wonder if there will be a S2 for this drama because of the open-ending. In case, we will likely get Sohyeon’s comeback in “Adamas” Season 2. Did Hye Soo save him? The letter was asking Wooshin to find the “Adamas. He still has the real “Adamas” and has fooled Hye Soo by giving her a fake one. If he is really alive, who could be behind it? Could it be Hye Soo, who considered Woo Sin her friend and, hence, saved her brother? The drama managed to keep me hooked until the end. Hopefully, if there’s a second season it will bring just as many thrills and excitement.  :twerk2:

From Start-Up to Goblin: Here's a list of 25 Best Romantic Korean Dramas of All Time

Best romantic Korean dramas to binge watch this year

While romance has always been a popular genre when it came to TV shows, people’s love for romantic dramas reached another level when the Hallyu wave acquainted them with Korean romantic dramas. Korean dramas are loved and admired by the world for their directorial and visual finesse. K-dramas cover a wide range of shows but their romantic ones have a separate fan base. 

Goblin’, ‘Descendants of The Sun’, ‘W: Two Worlds’, ‘Pinocchio’, ‘Crash Landing On You’ are some of the many Korean romantic dramas that were able to amass a massive viewership during the course of their broadcast. Their receptive popularity however was not limited to the time of their airing but in fact, went beyond that. These shows are shared favorites for a huge portion of K-drama fans. 

The rising popularity of Korean dramas can be attributed to a myriad of various factors besides their production merit.

K-dramas are accessible. They can be enjoyed via a variety of streaming platforms and have subtitles. When it comes to watching shows, subtitles facilitate the broadening of a horizon. Subtitles prevent language from becoming a barrier between any one who appreciates or is looking to explore any artform in a foreign language. 

Kill Me, Heal Me

Picture Courtesy: Asianwiki

Created by: Kim Jin-man

Cast: Ji Sung as Cha Do Hyun, Hwang Jung Eum as Oh Ri Jin

Genre: Psychological, Comedy, Romance

Cha Do Hyun (Ji Sung) is a chaebol heir with a multiple personality disorder that he developed following a tragic accident in his childhood. Oh Ri Jin (Hwang Jung Eum) is a psychiatry resident who assists Cha Do Hyun in bettering his life by healing his multiple personality disorder. In trying to accomplish the latter, she exposes herself to the peculiar traits of Cha Do Hyun’s various personalities. 

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/from-start-up-to-goblin-heres-a-list-of-25-best-romantic-korean-dramas-of-all-time-1207969

• 4 weeks later...

*** Recently, Lee Bo Young met with media outlet Wikitree for an interview, where she spoke about Ji Sung.

When asked if she had a life mentor, she responded that it was none other than her life partner and husband, Ji Sung.  :Megathanks:

It is my oppa. He’s the person I go to most for advice. I feel like he’s my closest friend. Because he is in the same profession, he understands without me having to explain at length, and I am grateful for that.

— Lee Bo Young

0F-snZ_8gu-rGv06N3G3GyJm8XvX1awmRA7Zoj1u

Sl5aYlFfkH4_f9K2M14Kx39R0F8_TkfIsG04acA7

source : https://www.wikitree.co.kr/articles/832337

*** Lee Bo Young shared how much her personal experience makes her want to strongly recommend marriage to everyone. She sat down for an interview with the press to talk about her recently-ended drama 'Agency'. During the interview, one reporter asked how Ji Sung responded to 'Agency'. She smiled and said, "Ji Sung said he really enjoyed watching it. He told me that I did a good job. He cried while watching the scene where my character 'Ko Ah-in' met her mother that she parted at a young age. Ever since we had our own children, I feel like a parent-child relationship in a movie/drama makes us always feel emotional. He also became emotional watching 'Ko Ah-in' and 'Park Young-woo' break up with each other. At that time when we were watching the scene together, I looked at him and asked, 'Are you sad?'", then laughingly added, "If I were to tell you something about Ji Sung, he is actually a person who is quite easily moved to tears." She was asked what kind of mother she is to her children. She answered, "Well, I'm constantly trying my best to become a good mother. I gave birth to them, because I wanted to have children. So, both my husband and I do all we can to raise them well. We aren't one of those over-involved parents though. We don't have the energy to do that. We generally tend to get our children to spend more time doing sports than studying." The next question was, "Do you recommend marriage to everybody?" She responded, "Oh, yes. Absolutely! I absolutely recommend marriage. After marrying my husband, I came to have the closest friend in the world. I'm comfortable doing anything with him. With friends, there are certain things that they say or do which make me feel upset, but I don't have that with him at all. We often speak about difficulties regarding our projects as well. He is my best friend. If anyone happens to meet a great person in life, I would tell them, 'Definitely get married! Marry that person!' But I would say that it's up to them to

decide whether they want a child.   :wut:

201755921_700.webp

201755922_700.webp

Source : SBS Star

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

8 Enemies-To-Lovers K-Dramas To Make Your Heart Skip A Beat

They say there is a thin line between love and hate. Boy meets girl and BOOM! It’s hate at first sight. The battle lines are drawn, and the volatility of their dislike is so heated that they are better off apart than together. The RickRoll'D in the armor crack, and the spark of hostility has ignited a flaming passion. The one-time enemies are now hopelessly and passionately in love. Have you ever loved and thrived on the push and pull of apathy and ardor between a couple, the intensity of their feelings so strong that it burns up the screens? K-dramas have given us several such moments. Here are eight such K-dramas which have made many hearts skip a happy beat.

Secret Love

Secret-Love.jpg

What happens when you have a man in the pursuit of revenge and a woman wrongly accused for a crime she didn’t commit? Jo Min Hyuk (Ji Sung) has the looks, the wealth, and intelligence. But deep inside, he is an empty shell, cold and detached post the tragic death of his girlfriend. Kang Yoo Jung (Hwang Jung Eum) has served a prison sentence after taking the blame for her boyfriend. Though Min Hyuk is engaged to Se Yeok (Lee Da Hee), he is unable to get closure since his girlfriend’s demise. Yoo Jung is trying to get her life together after serving a jail term, but she realizes the biggest hurdle on her way is Min Hyuk. Min Hyuk sees Yoo Jung as the reason for his misery and leaves no stone unturned in making things tough for her. When Min Hyuk’s best laid plans go awry as he falls for Yoo Jung, the two discover some bitter truths.

“Secret Love” is a taut and intense drama which keeps up the momentum with its pacy plot. The palpable chemistry between Ji Sung and Hwang Jung Eum is searing as the two are drawn into a web of deceit and passion.

Start watching “Secret Love”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

• 3 weeks later...

*** I'm waiting for JS project this year. K-drama industry is always abuzz with news. As such, I'm always eagerly waiting for him to announce his next project. His last drama was "Adamas" last year. With Ji Sung's knack for picking the most interesting and unique works, I'm excited to see what he has in store for his fans next. As a fan, I would love to see him make another drama soon.   :blush:

jisung-1.jpg

photo source : Kpopmap

From Co-Stars To Lovers: 10+ Couples Who Started Dating After Filming A K-Drama Together

Even though some of these couples didn’t stay together, all these relationships made headlines.

K-Dramas often make viewers swoon with their heart-fluttering romances.

Many K-Dramas even gain more attention for the actors’ chemistry while filming or sometimes in the behind-the-scenes content.

For instance, the K-Drama couple in Strong Woman Do Bong Soon remains a fan favorite as both leading actors, Park Bo Young and Park Hyung Sik, later confessed that they fell for each other at different times. And fans are currently highly anticipating the return of their character’s relationship in the extension K-Drama, Strong Woman Gang Nam Soon.

But sometimes the chemistry between the actors leads to something more, and here are twelve times K-Drama actors went from being co-stars to lovers.

4. Ji Sung and Lee Bo Young

Ji Sung and Lee Bo Young met in the 2004 K-Drama Save the Last Dance for Me. Unlike many of the couples on this list, these two actors weren’t the main couple in the drama. Instead, their characters were engaged but in a love triangle with the main female character, played by Eugene.

opUprE5f5nN9kwMB9NeAtpyPNbie0vkHEp62_1f7

Still, after filming the drama, the two developed a relationship and married in 2013. Bo Young has recently opened up about how they still support each other in their careers.

YEzu7ywyR50ZwV9qxkPN_bWM2XGFATOzIXVxCYs_

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Koreaboo

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

10 K-Dramas About Long-Lost Connections Turning Into Present-Day Love

There are those who love to hate but end up hating to love, and then there are childhood buddies who smoothly transition to lovers. But there’s also a third category of those who have had an encounter in childhood and moved on. A chance meeting in adulthood sends sparks flying, and they realize they have a past connection. The childhood backstory has been a favorite trope in K-dramas, the coincidence of having met before and how fate aligns couples together years later. Here are 10 such K-dramas when leads fell in love and realized it was meant to be after all.

“Kill Me, Heal Me”

Kill-me-heal-me-36-540x360.jpeg

Oh Ri Jin (Hwang Jung Eum) is a psychiatric resident who runs into Do Hyun (Ji Sung) at the hospital. She later realizes that it’s not Do Hyun she encountered but the rockstar Se Gi, one of his many personalities. Do Hyun is an heir to huge company but has been disturbed given his mental health issues. He has a dissociative identity disorder and “lives” with six other personalities, each of whom come to the surface depending on the situation he is in. Do Hyun has created these personalities to deal with his traumatic childhood memories, which continue to haunt him. When Ri Jin’s inquisitive crime novelist brother Ri Oh (Park Seo Joon) starts investigating Do Hyun, old skeletons tumble down. Ri Jin and Do Hyun share a troubled past as children, and it is the memories of those events which are linked to Do Hyun’s current state of mind.

“Kill Me, Heal Me” is a well crafted show, a psychological drama entwined with suspense and thriller. Ji Sung’s brilliance as an actor comes to the fore as he articulates the many personalities of Do Hyun’s characters. From its seemingly tense moments, the show is also peppered with humor. One particular scene is when Ji Sung acts as Ahn Yo Na, a K-pop loving teenager who has taken a liking to Ri On and gushes upon seeing him. This scene was so unforgettable that it created a meme fest of sorts amongst fans.

Start watching “Kill Me, Heal Me”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

Quench Your Thirst With 9 Of K-Drama’s Hottest Ahjussis

Actors in their forties are hotter than ever.

Although younger actors are stepping onto the acting scene, veteran actors over forty are still dominating. K-Drama viewers have even crowned the sexy actors Ahjuicy (a term originating from a particular manhwa). So here are nine of the hottest ahjussis that K-Drama viewers can’t get enough of.

7. Ji Sung (46)

From K-Dramas like Kill Me, Heal Me, Doctor John, and Adamas, Ji Sung has taken on a variety of leading roles.

7tuVDAdisdvnEYuRcJGzz8N-l0UrSsAy3ws0LHBxhhF_HBOijYIV-J20rHIYIRWT15bvb8wsX0qGASPD92mLyEtJU4gHnt1-g0_euLbTDYecdw=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365  

And through them all, the actor has kept viewers amazed by his good looks.

BPw-XGgpx8707FjKG0M6BlH8U6t89Fx2IY09YGSg6IUl7BAHXi0k9unt05XLf92bnCCaoILhlJ9yR59rJOsvnMgw2_wB9LEug3Yi0UnMyX5rCtQ=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/korean-drama-actors-ahjussi-ahjuicy-hottest-sexiest/

• 2 weeks later...

9 K-Dramas That Talk About Mental Health

From slow-burn romances to slice of life narratives, K-dramas have served us wholesome narratives. Many have highlighted political, economic, and sociocultural issues that impact society, deftly weaving them into scenarios. A consistent theme in dramas these days is mental health. K-dramas have poignantly and sensitively built awareness around mental health and highlighted the different struggles that fall under it. As the characters come to terms and heal from their particular issues, this in turn empowers the viewer too—realizing that you’re not alone is somehow empowering. Relatable and striking an emotive chord, here are nine K-dramas that talk about mental health.

“Kill Me, Heal Me”

Kill-Me-Heal-Me.jpg

Do Hyun (Ji Sung) is the heir apparent to a huge company, but his name evokes loud whispers amongst the hallways of the conglomerate. Do Hyun is getting treated for his complicated mental health issues. He suffers from a dissociative identity disorder and “lives” with six other personalities, each of whom come to the surface depending on the situation. Do Hyun has created these personalities to deal with his traumatic and abusive past as a child, which continues to haunt him in adulthood. When Ri Jin (Hwang Jung Eum), a psychiatric resident, runs into Shin Se Gi, an abrasive rockstar, she later realizes that it is one of Do Hyun’s many personalities. Ri Jin soon discovers that she and Do Hyun shared a past as children. Though her memories are gone, it is the deeply embedded issues stemming from those memories that hold the key to Do Hyun’s mental health.

“Kill Me, Heal Me” is a meticulously written psychological drama. The seemingly tense moments are balanced with humor, and Ji Sung’s versatility as an actor comes to the surface as he exquisitely brings forth the many personalities of Do Hyun’s character. And Park Seo Joon as Ri Oh, Ri Jin’s quirky investigative novelist brother, is an added bonus.

Start watching “Kill Me, Heal Me”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

• 2 weeks later...

*** I love Ji Sung's character as Kang YoHan in the drama "The Devil Judge". In today's terms, Kang YoHan would be described as the judge, jury, and executioner. While he seemingly went after the corrupt and evil people in the society and delivered justice to them, his thoughts and actions where often questionable. While on the surface he might have seemed like the smart and dutiful warrior for justice who was serving the people, in reality, he also had his own plans as he was on a quest for revenge and used his position to achieve his plans regardless of whom he hurt along the way. I find the drama good and also find his acting very good, too!   :kisslevel: