❤ Ji Sung ❤ 지성 / Drama 2022 : Adamas

LoVeCartier

*** The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for drama actors! The rankings were determined through a data analysis of the media coverage, participation, interaction, and community indexes of 50 actors who appeared in dramas that aired between August 12 to September 12.  

Check out the top 30 for this month below!

1. Park Eun Bin
  2. Lee Jong Suk
  3. Kang Tae Oh
  4. Jung So Min
  5. Lee Jae Wook
  6. Kang Ki Young
  7. Kim Sejeong
  8. Bae Da Bin
  9. Yoon Shi Yoon
  10. Jang Seung Jo
  11. Kim Go Eun
  12. Cha Ye Ryun
  13. Seo In Guk
  14. Shin Dong Mi
  15. Girls’ Generation’s YoonA
  16. Minhyun
  17. Kim Joo Heon
  18. Son Hyun Joo
  19. Ji Chang Wook
  20. Nam Ji Hyun
  21. Shin Seung Ho
  22. Kim Hyang Gi
  23. Ji Sung
  24. Oh Yeon Seo
  25. Kim Hyo Jin
  26. Park Ji Hu
  27. Jung Il Woo
  28. Jeon Bae Soo
  29. Lee Hyun Jin
  30. Lee Seung Yeon

(skipped unrelated.....) 

credit : soompi news

[Ishani's Picks] Top 10 K-Dramas To Make You Laugh & Cry At The Same Time

Watching a K-Drama is like going on a journey of emotions that is usually more fulfilling than the destination. If you're looking for a K-Drama that will make you laugh, cry, swoon and whine, I've got the perfect list for you!

photo1548121.jpg

"Kill Me, Heal Me"

A K-Drama that has its foundation in trauma and mental illness, more specifically, dissociative identity disorder (DID), is bound to be a serious and solemn one. However, "Kill Me, Heal Me" deals with it in the most refreshing, although not always accurate, way, spreading awareness about mental health through a romantic comedy. You do not want to miss this one.

Where to Watch

Powered by JustWatch

(skipped unrelated.....) 

source : Hancinema

All Things Fall! Bonus: Vote for the most anticipated upcoming dramas   :coolshades:

Chingus! We are back with a new event! It's about all things autumn. Moreover, we got lots of polls for you! Do check it out and let us know your thoughts about your about autumn. :yay:

News Flash • East Amwell Township, NJ • CivicEngage

Re: Your friendly neighbourhood EO Team

@confusedheart @partyon @Sleepy Owl and @agenth

• Like 1

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Sep. 5-11, 2022

LINK here : dramabeans

https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/09/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-sep-5-11-2022/

Wednesday, September 7      
If You Wish Upon Me 9 KBS 2.2%
Adamas 13 tvN 3.1%
Good Job 5 ENA 2.1%

Thursday, September 8      
If You Wish Upon Me 10 KBS 2.5%
Adamas 14 tvN 3.0%
Good Job 6 ENA 2.3%

***  According to Nielsen Korea, the September 14 broadcast of “Adamas” garnered an average nationwide rating of 2.869 percent. This is similar to the previous episode’s record of 2.958 percent, and the drama remained the No. 1 Wednesday-Thursday drama of the night.  :coolshades:

source http://www.celuvmedia.com/article.php?aid=1663197093435937006

*** Time flies so fast that tvN’s “Adamas” has come to an end! Last night September 15th, the  drama saw a modest rise in viewership for its series finale. According to Nielsen Korea, the final episode of the drama scored an average nationwide rating of 3.358 percent, marking a slight increase from its last episode the night before.   :heart1:

0001500886_001_20220916082701546.jpg?type=w540

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=311&aid=0001500886

*** "Adamas" ended with viewer ratings of 3% for its final EP. This is still lower than the ratings of the first episode (3.5%), which was the show’s highest record. The drama ended as Ha Woo Shin (Ji Sung) handed over a fake Adamas to Hye Soo (Seo Ji Hye) and set out to find his twin brother Song Soo Hyun (Ji Sung), who was believed to be dead. The drama drew attention for its unique production like showing a bloody knife right before showing someone applying strawberry jam to a toast. As always, Ji Sung showed flawless performance, playing a dual role.   :heart3:

AKR20220916051200005_01_i_P4_20220916104

source : https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=001&aid=0013442270

8 More “Enemies To Lovers” K-Dramas Guaranteed To Give You Butterflies

8 More “Enemies To Lovers” K-Dramas Guaranteed To Give You Butterflies

The enemies-to-lovers trope is one that K-drama lovers never seem to get sick of. There’s something utterly romantic about watching an OTP go from despising each other to slowly realizing their feelings, to falling head over heels in love with each other. And although this theme has already been explored here, there are always more titles to add to your watchlist.

Here they are!

8. “Secret Love

secret.jpeg

Jo Min Hyuk (Ji Sung) is born into a wealthy family, but he is cold and emotionless. He lost his girlfriend in a tragic accident. Kang Yoo Jung (Hwang Jung Eum) ends up going to prison, as she is connected to the tragic accident that killed Min Hyuk’s girlfriend. She is betrayed by her boyfriend who is the one responsible for the death.

Many know Ji Sung and Hwang Jung Eum were in the series “Kill Me, Heal Me,” and their chemistry was so palpable. But they were also co-stars in “Secret Love”! This series brought out their amazing chemistry as it involves passion, betrayal, and love. Seeing how these two characters go from being mortal enemies to falling in love is the perfect makjang series to keep your feelings of angst at an all-time high!

Check out the drama here:

WATCH NOW

(skipped unrelated.....) 

• 4 weeks later...

Happily Ever After: 9 Married Korean Celebrity Couples That Are True Couple Goals

Korean celebrities often have real life romances that are just like the fantasy world of K-dramas. The story of how they came to be, as well as how happy they are after marriage, is always so beautiful and encouraging to hear. There are a plethora of Korean celebrity couples who are total couple goals, especially when it comes to showing that they still mean the world to each other. Here are nine of those married celebrity couples.

List is in no particular order.

8. Ji Sung and Lee Bo Young

ji-sung-lee-bo-young.jpeg

Ji Sung and Lee Bo Young got married in 2013 and have two children together. The two met while filming for a series, and Ji Sung mentioned that he had fallen in love at first sight. It is no secret that Ji Sung is a very supportive husband who wants his wife’s career to continue to flourish. They have an agreement that when one is filming, the other won’t do any work in order to take care of their children. Lee Bo Young also hysterically mentioned in an interview that he was totally not her type, but she decided to give him a chance. They’re hilariously cute!

(skipped unrelated.....)

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

5 K-Dramas To Watch If You Liked "The Golden Spoon"

2. "Familiar Wife"

5 K-Dramas To Watch If You Liked "The Golden Spoon"

Not everyone can receive a second chance to redo life, but in the world of "Familiar Wife", anything is possible. The tvN drama stars Ji Sung as Cha JooHyuk and Han JiMin as Seo WooJin. The two play a married couple whose marriage is far from ideal. Instead of using a golden spoon to change things, Cha JooHyuk travels past a tollbooth, goes back in time, and ends up making decisions that alter his entire life.

"Familiar Wife" explores the immense difficulty of married life. At first Cha JooHyuk blames the situation and everyone around him for his misery, but he soon learns the importance of his choices. Throughout the drama, he develops as a man and as a husband, while falling in love with his wife, Seo WooJin, all over again. "Familiar Wife" is touching and insightful, worthy to be on anyone's watchlist.

(skipped unrelated.....) 

source ; https://www.kpopmap.com/5-kdramas-to-watch-if-you-liked-the-golden-spoon/

7 K-dramas That Are Interestingly Educational: ‘The Red Sleeve,’ ‘Hospital Playlist,’ More

Two of the things we get from watching Korean dramas are: we are entertained by them, and we learn something new from the whole content, may it be in the characters, life situations, and other topics to which we can relate.

With tons of K-dramas produced from the past years, from "The Red Sleeve" to "Hospital Playlist" here are some of your favorite series that apart from giving you pure entertainment, also give you important information while watching them. 

6. 'Kill Me, Heal Me'

Ji Sung's performance in this series was phenomenal as he perfectly portrayed different characters that wowed the audience. It is about Cha Do Hyun, who has multiple personality disorders, and meeting with Oh Ri Jin, who is a psychiatric resident becomes life-changing for both of them.

Kill Me Heal Me
(Photo : iMBC)

The drama was able to showcase a topic that not everyone has knowledge about, and turning it into a more entertaining yet educational story made viewers aware of people who have the said disorder. 

(skipped unrelated.....) 

source : Kdramastars

6 Couples that fans want to see on 'The Return of Superman'

For those who aren't familiar with the show, "The Return of Superman" shows the daily lives of K-stars who have children ranging from newborns, toddlers to even older kids. In most households, the mother usually has the bigger responsibility of taking care of the kids. However, the roles are reversed in this variety program wherein the mother gets leisure time to herself while the father babysits the kids! As many guests have appeared on this show, here are six couples viewers wish to see in the future!

4. Ji Sung and Lee Bo Young: It's rare to see any actors make their appearance on variety programs, and while Ji Sung and Lee Bo Young's marriage came as a surprise, many are curious as to how they're dealing with parenthood!

1668204005-1.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....) 

source : Allkpop

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2022/11/6-couples-that-fans-want-to-see-on-the-return-of-superman

*** Ji Sung rarely updates his Instagram, but when he does, it's to brag about his kids! On November 19th, Ji Sung posted a picture on his Instagram with a caption - "Jiyu's drawing practice," along with a heart emoticon. The post contains two pictures, one of a pencil sketch of a bird and a flower, and the next shows a picture of the same drawing completed with colorful paint. She's the first daughter who will be eight years old this year, surprised the public with her high-quality painting skills. Previously some months back, Jisung also once unveiled his daughter's painting, which drew the public and his fans to praise his daughter's artistry for being pretty exceptional for an elementary school student.   :heart1:

20221122_040809_980_d-side.jpg

20221122_041003_738_ngkid2.jpg

9 K-Dramas And Movies About Prison Life That Could Be Your Next Guilty Pleasure

See life behind bars in another light through these Hallyu picks.

Admit it: Koreans know how to ~*romanticize*~ anything and everyone, even prisoners. After watching so many legal dramas, I can't deny that at one point, it crossed my mind that I can survive prison life if it was in the Land of Morning Calm. But that's NOT something I actually want the law of attraction to pull, especially with the crazy prison life plots I've seen.

Of course, there's also the attraction and entertainment value of people getting second chances or finding redemption. K-drama and movie fans love good character development, and this genre serves just that! So, if you find yourself wanting action-packed or moving stories, give these prison life series or films a try.

5. Innocent Defendant (2017)

Prosecutor Park Jung Woo is played by Ji Sung (from Doctor John and Kill Me, Heal Me). He's a righteous man of justice working in the Seoul Central District Prosecutors' Office. Shortly after getting introduced to his character, you'll see him waking up in prison with temporary amnesia and not knowing why he's convicted and on death row. Of course, he does everything in his power to clear his name and escape an untimely demise. And the prime suspect? You're going to love/loathe him if you couldn't get enough of him in Little Women and The Penthouse: It's Uhm Ki Joon. And he doesn't play just one character here—he plays twins! Get ready for double the stress if you're going to watch this.

(skipped unrelated.....) 

credit https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/k-dramas-and-movies-about-prison-life-a655-20221122-lfrm?ref=home_feed_1

*** Ji Sung rarely updates his Instagram, but when he does, it's to brag about his kids! On November 19th, he posted a picture on his Instagram with a caption, "Jiyu's drawing practice," with a heart emoticon. The post contains two pictures, one of a pencil sketch of a bird and a flower, and the next shows a picture of the same drawing completed with colorful paint. Jiyu, their first daughter who is eight years old this year, surprised the public with her high-quality painting skills. Han Jimin was amazed too as she commented, "Jiyu must have grown a lot!" Previously some months ago, Jisung also once unveiled his daughter's painting which drew the public and his fans to praise his daughter's artistry for being pretty exceptional for an elementary school student.  :heart3:

20221122_040809_980_d-side.jpg

20221122_041003_738_ngkid2.jpg

Superheroes Wearing Scrubs: 8 Medical K-Dramas That Are Good For The Heart

There are regular, ordinary folk with an ability to cure, heal, and impart hope and make you believe in the power of miracles. These extraordinary human beings don’t wave magic wands or flash supernatural powers but come wearing scrubs and stethoscopes. Many of us whilst watching a medical K-drama have cried, laughed, cheered, and rooted for on-screen medical personnel as they struggle with morality and mortality as well as their own personal challenges and failures. They take on the blows but hold on, making one believe in the resilience of the human spirit.

Though the mere mention of hospitals and the sight of blood can turn one cold, on the other hand there is something very comforting and heart-warming about watching medical dramas, which are popular thanks to their emotive storytelling and impactful messages. So much so, that some of us at some point might have wondered, “I wish I were a doctor too!”

If you love medical dramas, check out these eight superheroes in scrubs whose stories are worth the watch.

Doctor John

Doctor-John-Korean-Drama.png

“Doctor John” tells the story of a brilliant anesthesiologist named Cha Yo Han (played by Ji Sung), who is convicted for medical malpractice. He returns to the same hospital where he was revered as “Dr. 10 Seconds,” since that’s all it took for him to diagnose patients.

Though Dr. Cha himself suffers from a condition known as CIPA (he is unable to feel pain or temperature), he is sensitive to the pain of others and being an anesthesiologist makes him a pain reliever of sorts.

This drama scores on many points, especially as it handles the controversial topic of euthanasia with sensitivity, giving the perspective of patients and their guardians. It highlights how doctors are emotionally invested in the lives of their patients. And Ji Sung gives a flawless performance as the empathetic Dr. Cha, who is a mentor and friend to those around him.

Start watching “Doctor John”:

WATCH NOW

(skipped unrelated.....) 

• Like 1