❤ Ji Sung ❤ 지성 / Drama 2022 : Adamas

LoVeCartier

*** Hahaha - I find their outfits a little weird.....Despite, JS is HOT in my eyes. :heart:

Ji Sung And GOT7’s Jinyoung Enter The Chaotic Slums With New Plans In “The Devil Judge”

6af274eefa884f0cb5ce1b6b7373523e.jpeg?s=

Ji Sung and GOT7’s Ji Sung will hatch a new plan in the upcoming episode of “The Devil Judge”!

“The Devil Judge” is a drama set in an alternate-universe, dystopian version of Korea where the entire nation participates in a trial through a live broadcast courtroom show. Ji Sung stars as Kang Yo Han, a head judge with mysterious intentions: is he a hero of the people in a world filled with chaos, or is he a devil who wears the mask of the law?

Spoilers

Spoiler

Previously in the drama, there was news that a virus has been detected in a neighborhood where quarantine is in effect. However, the neighborhood was filled with President Heo Joong Se’s (Baek Hyun Jin’s) private army that is hurting citizens and abducting them.

the-devil-judge-4.jpg

In the newly released stills, Kang Yo Han and Kim Ga On arrive at the slums. They examine the devastating scene with shock and frustration. The two judges seem to be working on their next plan, and their new robes signal dramatic changes in the next episodes.

the-devil-judge-12.jpg

the-devil-judge-21.jpg

Furthermore, the sight of Juk Chang (Lee Hae Woon) leading the private army is frightening. His eyes are sharp with bloodthirst, and he and his group are intimidating civilians with various weapons. Previously, Juk Chang was on trial for his misdeeds, so viewers are shocked to see him back on his feet and creating chaos once again.

the-devil-judge-3.jpg

To find out how Kang Yo Han and Kim Ga On will tackle this issue, tune in to the next episode of “The Devil Judge” on August 14 at 9 p.m. KST!

In the meantime, catch up on the drama with subtitles below:

Watch Now

Source: soompi news

• Like 2

*** “The Devil Judge” is heading into its final week. The drama soared to new heights  on August 14 EP! According to Nielsen Korea, the broadcast scored an average nationwide rating of 6.9 percent, taking first place in its time slot across all cable channels and marking a new all-time high for the drama. :heart:

202108150759297787526_20210815080121_01_

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=112&aid=0003466573

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*** Last night, August 15, the drama successfully continued its upward trend in viewership ahead of its final two episodes. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of “The Devil Judge” earned an average nationwide rating of 6.944 percent, marking a slight rise from its previous broadcast the night before. “The Devil Judge” also took first place in its time slot across all cable channels both among all viewers. :kisslevel:

202108160750009907809_20210816075151_01_

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=112&aid=0003466768

• Like 1

*** "The Devil Judge" will be on Viu this August. This is the HK-based streaming platform. "The Devil Judge" is a story not to be missed. You should add this to your Viu watchlist. JS turns into a fearless trial judge as Kang Yo Han. He got his nickname as the "devil" because of his ruthless & mysterious character. 

NOTE : Availability & date of this drama differs from territories.  :heart2:

• Like 1

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Aug. 9-15, 2021

dramaratings_3.jpg

LINK here : dramabeans

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/08/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-aug-9-15-2021/

Saturday, Aug. 14      
Revolutionary Sisters 40 KBS 28.2%
Nevertheless 9 JTBC 1.4%
The Devil Judge 13 tvN 6.9%
Sunday, Aug. 15      
Revolutionary Sisters 41 KBS  
The Devil Judge 14 tvN  
  • Like 2

*** “The Devil Judge”—which came in at No. 2 on this week’s list of most buzzworthy dramas—continued to dominate the rankings of most buzzworthy drama cast members. Ji Sung topped the list for the fifth consecutive week, while his co-star GOT7’s Jinyoung rose to No. 2 and Kim Min Jung followed at No. 7. :sweet: I'm happy for JS! Yes, Ji Sung deserves it.  :7555_attack:

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz in the second week of August are as follows:

1. tvN’s “Hospital Playlist 2”
  2. tvN’s “The Devil Judge”
  3. SBS’s “The Penthouse 3”
  4. JTBC’s “Nevertheless”
  5. tvN’s “You Are My Spring”
  6. KBS 2TV’s “Police University
  7. SBS’s “Racket Boys”
  8. SBS’s “Lovers of the Red Sky
  9. KBS 2TV’s “Revolutionary Sisters
  10. tvN’s “The Road: The Tragedy of One

Most-Buzzworthy-Dramas.jpeg

Meanwhile, the top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. Ji Sung (“The Devil Judge”)
  2. GOT7’s Jinyoung (“The Devil Judge”)
  3. Kim Dong Wook (“You Are My Spring”)
  4. Seo Hyun Jin (“You Are My Spring”)
  5. Kim So Yeon (“The Penthouse 3”)
  6. B1A4’s Jinyoung (“Police University”)
  7. Kim Min Jung (“The Devil Judge”)
  8. Jo Jung Suk (“Hospital Playlist 2”)
  9. Han So Hee (“Nevertheless”)
  10. Jung Kyung Ho (“Hospital Playlist 2”)

Most-Buzzworthy-Drama-Cast-Members.jpeg

credit : soompi news

• Like 2

Top 3 Ongoing Dramas With The Best Plots You Need To Watch Now

2021 has been an incredible year for K-Dramas and the second half of the year promises to be even better. Standing in August itself, there are some amazing K-Dramas currently airing and some highly-anticipated ones slated for later this month.

While immensely popular dramas like season 2 of "Hospital Playlist" and season 3 of "Penthouse: War In Life" would naturally require viewers to have watched the earlier seasons, here are 3 more incredibly gripping ongoing dramas that you can watch now!

1. "The Devil Judge"

Cast: Ji Sung, GOT7's JinYoung, Kim MinJung, Park GyuYoung.

Summary: In an imaginary Dystopian Korea, Kang YoHan is the "The Devil Judge" who appears in the live trial show involving the whole citizens of the country. Is he the hero wanted by all or the devil wearing the judge's mask?

Reasons to watch: At the time of writing this article, we're in the final week of the drama, with two episodes to go. The plot of "The Devil Judge" is intricately woven, with absolutely no scope for loopholes. The drama does not shy away from being straightforward with the values it posits right from the beginning. Expect mind-blowing twists and turns, a heart-warming push and pull between Ji Sung's Kang YoHan and JinYoung's Kim GaOn, and one of the best character developments ever. This drama deserves high praise and accolade.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/top-3-ongoing-dramas-with-the-best-plots-you-need-to-watch-now/

• Like 2

Get closer to the award-winning actor, Ji Sung!

justin_jisung_1629202713193478.jpg?resiz

We definitely can’t hide the fact that Jisung is one of the best actors we should not sleep on. With his charm and versatility in acting, he can surely captivate your heart in an instant!

Because of his outstanding portrayal in every drama he starred in, Jisung has won multiple awards such as winning a Daesang award in his dramas: Kill Me, Heal Me and Innocent Defendant to name a few. I must say that he is a gem of this industry. An award-winning actor indeed!

Previously, I shared about his dramas you shouldn’t miss; now, let’s get to know more about him!

Spoiler

He is a Pisces

Ji Sung is born on February 27, 1977 at Seoul, South Korea.

Kwak Tae Geun is his real name

Back then, it was suggested by his manager to use the stage name Chae Ji Sung but eventually, they came up with the name Ji Sung instead.

The actor once dreamed to become a baseball player

justin_jisung_1629206395816548.jpg?resiz

He dreamed to become a baseball player when he was younger. On March 31, 2017, he showed off his pitching skills with his ceremonial first pitch for the Doosan Bears. He was so happy and said that it was a dream come true for him.

Debut as an actor

Ji Sung debuted as an actor in 1999 with the campus drama Kaist. American actor Dustin Hoffman inspired him to be an actor back then when he watched his film Rain Man alongside Tom Cruise.

His father was against his acting at first

Jisung shared on a South Korean talk show Happy Together, that his father was against his acting career at first since his parents are both educators and they expected him to also enter the same field as them but eventually, they are okay with it since Jisung became a successful actor.

His popularity rose in his drama “All In”

All In is a 2003 romantic action drama wherein he played the role of Choi Jung Won. Producers were having a hard time finding a second male lead back then, He approached director Yoo Chul Yong and volunteered to take that role. Fortunately, his popularity rose after playing his role in the said drama.

He shared also in happy together that when the drama became a huge hit, his dad told him to come and give autographs. Since his father is a former principal, he stopped all classes and told them all to come out, 1,500 people showed up, Jisung said that he was so shocked, he couldn’t believe it so he runs away. His father has a unique way of saying that he is so proud of his son.

Ji Sung met his wife in one of his dramas

ji-sung-and-lee-bo-young.jpg?resize=780,

He is married to actress Lee Bo Young. They met in the 2004 romantic drama, Save the Last Dance for Me wherein they played the role of Kang Hyun Woo and Yoon Soo Jin. They confirmed their relationship in 2007. 6 years later, they tied a knot.

He is a Romantic person

Lee Bo Young shared on SBS‘ Healing Camp how Jisung proposed to her, she said that jisung read him a letter and sang a song of Elton John’s Your Song. She said as well that she got married comfortably because Jisung prepared everything for their wedding. We can see through his gestures that he loves Bo Young a lot, He is so romantic!

Ji Sung and Bo Young has two children

justin_jisung_1629183830641857.jpg?resiz

Their eldest child was born on June 13, 2015, named Kwak Ji Yu and they have a son named Kwak Woo Sung, he is born on February 5, 2019.

Yeouinaru station is a meaningful place for him when he was starting

The actor shared through an interview in KBS’ Entertainment Weekly Guerilla Date with Jisung that he used to sleep on a bench outside the station since the broadcasting stations were in Yeouido. The reason for this is that he didn’t have a lot of money and he was trying to save up on transportation cost. When staying in Yeouido, he would just lay down on a bench, look at the stars and dream.

During those times, it is a clear evidence that the actors had a fair share of rough times.

A habit of making a balloon face

IMG_20210817_204641.jpg?resize=1024,610&

When he visited Strong Heart, he mentioned the real story behind his habit of making a balloon face. The actor said that when he got into trouble with his mother or when he was just showing love to her, he is just doing it. He added that he is doing it because he didn’t have anything to say. He made that into a character as he acted. (Yes! I’ve seen this multiple times already in his previous dramas especially in his character as Ahn Yona in Kill Me, Heal Me)

A talented singer!

Aside from being a versatile actor, he has a lovely voice as well. He has his soundtrack appearances in the drama Terms of Endearment, Secret Love, Kill Me Heal Me, and in his film My PS partner.

Quit drinking

IMG_20210817_222448.jpg?resize=1024,576&

He said that he used to drink but he doesn’t like to anymore because he doesn’t want to be seen by his children drinking. A very good role model to his children.

He has his official Instagram account

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp939uRASCE/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=20cd0ee7-cda0-491e-ae5a-542ad2d88df4

Jisung has his official Instagram account so if you want to stay updated with him, follow him @justin_jisung. He is so active in updating his Instagram lately.

From being an aspiring actor to an established one, he proved that when you are hardworking and persistent in pursuing your dreams, you’ll surely achieve them at the right time.

Meanwhile, Jisung is currently starring in a legal drama, The Devil Judge as a charismatic and mysterious chief judge named Kang Yohan who punishes evil people mercilessly.

Featured Image from TVN.

source : https://annyeongoppa.com/2021/08/19/get-closer-to-the-award-winning-actor-ji-sung/

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, willenette said:

Get closer to the award-winning actor, Ji Sung!

We definitely can’t hide the fact that Jisung is one of the best actors we should not sleep on. With his charm and versatility in acting, he can surely captivate your heart in an instant!

Because of his outstanding portrayal in every drama he starred in, Jisung has won multiple awards such as winning a Daesang award in his dramas: Kill Me, Heal Me and Innocent Defendant to name a few. I must say that he is a gem of this industry. An award-winning actor indeed!

Previously, I shared about his dramas you shouldn’t miss; now, let’s get to know more about him!

Reveal hidden contents

He is a Pisces

Ji Sung is born on February 27, 1977 at Seoul, South Korea.

Kwak Tae Geun is his real name

Back then, it was suggested by his manager to use the stage name Chae Ji Sung but eventually, they came up with the name Ji Sung instead.

The actor once dreamed to become a baseball player

He dreamed to become a baseball player when he was younger. On March 31, 2017, he showed off his pitching skills with his ceremonial first pitch for the Doosan Bears. He was so happy and said that it was a dream come true for him.

Debut as an actor

Ji Sung debuted as an actor in 1999 with the campus drama Kaist. American actor Dustin Hoffman inspired him to be an actor back then when he watched his film Rain Man alongside Tom Cruise.

His father was against his acting at first

Jisung shared on a South Korean talk show Happy Together, that his father was against his acting career at first since his parents are both educators and they expected him to also enter the same field as them but eventually, they are okay with it since Jisung became a successful actor.

His popularity rose in his drama “All In”

All In is a 2003 romantic action drama wherein he played the role of Choi Jung Won. Producers were having a hard time finding a second male lead back then, He approached director Yoo Chul Yong and volunteered to take that role. Fortunately, his popularity rose after playing his role in the said drama.

He shared also in happy together that when the drama became a huge hit, his dad told him to come and give autographs. Since his father is a former principal, he stopped all classes and told them all to come out, 1,500 people showed up, Jisung said that he was so shocked, he couldn’t believe it so he runs away. His father has a unique way of saying that he is so proud of his son.

Ji Sung met his wife in one of his dramas

He is married to actress Lee Bo Young. They met in the 2004 romantic drama, Save the Last Dance for Me wherein they played the role of Kang Hyun Woo and Yoon Soo Jin. They confirmed their relationship in 2007. 6 years later, they tied a knot.

He is a Romantic person

Lee Bo Young shared on SBS‘ Healing Camp how Jisung proposed to her, she said that jisung read him a letter and sang a song of Elton John’s Your Song. She said as well that she got married comfortably because Jisung prepared everything for their wedding. We can see through his gestures that he loves Bo Young a lot, He is so romantic!

Ji Sung and Bo Young has two children

Their eldest child was born on June 13, 2015, named Kwak Ji Yu and they have a son named Kwak Woo Sung, he is born on February 5, 2019.

Yeouinaru station is a meaningful place for him when he was starting

The actor shared through an interview in KBS’ Entertainment Weekly Guerilla Date with Jisung that he used to sleep on a bench outside the station since the broadcasting stations were in Yeouido. The reason for this is that he didn’t have a lot of money and he was trying to save up on transportation cost. When staying in Yeouido, he would just lay down on a bench, look at the stars and dream.

During those times, it is a clear evidence that the actors had a fair share of rough times.

A habit of making a balloon face

When he visited Strong Heart, he mentioned the real story behind his habit of making a balloon face. The actor said that when he got into trouble with his mother or when he was just showing love to her, he is just doing it. He added that he is doing it because he didn’t have anything to say. He made that into a character as he acted. (Yes! I’ve seen this multiple times already in his previous dramas especially in his character as Ahn Yona in Kill Me, Heal Me)

A talented singer!

Aside from being a versatile actor, he has a lovely voice as well. He has his soundtrack appearances in the drama Terms of Endearment, Secret Love, Kill Me Heal Me, and in his film My PS partner.

Quit drinking

He said that he used to drink but he doesn’t like to anymore because he doesn’t want to be seen by his children drinking. A very good role model to his children.

He has his official Instagram account

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp939uRASCE/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=20cd0ee7-cda0-491e-ae5a-542ad2d88df4

Jisung has his official Instagram account so if you want to stay updated with him, follow him @justin_jisung. He is so active in updating his Instagram lately.

From being an aspiring actor to an established one, he proved that when you are hardworking and persistent in pursuing your dreams, you’ll surely achieve them at the right time.

Meanwhile, Jisung is currently starring in a legal drama, The Devil Judge as a charismatic and mysterious chief judge named Kang Yohan who punishes evil people mercilessly.

Featured Image from TVN.

source : https://annyeongoppa.com/2021/08/19/get-closer-to-the-award-winning-actor-ji-sung/

Ji Sung is really one of the best actors ever! And such an eye candy as well.  

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote images! Thanks!
  • Love 2

Top 10 Trending Dramas in South Korea Based on Good Data Results (2nd week of August 2021)

Have you watched all these trending kdramas?

The ranking was based from Good Data Corporation (website) August 19 Data Results , wherein they released the weekly rankings of most talked and mentioned korean dramas particularly in the 2nd week of August. All the data that was gathered came from the analyzing news articles, blog posts, online communities, videos, and social media posts about most watched kdramas.

According to Good Data Corporation, these are the Top 10 Trending Korean Dramas for the 2nd Week of August Data Results.

Good-data-August-2nd-week-actors-drama-2

2. tvN’s ‘The Devil Judge’ (14.93 points)

FB_IMG_1626784714906-1.jpg

source : https://lovekpop95.com/2021/08/20/top-10-trending-dramas-august/

• Like 1

19 hours ago, sunny88 said:

Ji Sung is really one of the best actors ever! And such an eye candy as well.

@sunny88 He truly is. I liked him on Kill Me, Heal Me (fell in love with his singing one of the OST), and then on My PS Partner, I was hooked. :heartxoxo: Serious eye candy indeed! 

• Like 1

On 8/20/2021 at 3:51 PM, anjuliet said:

@sunny88 He truly is. I liked him on Kill Me, Heal Me (fell in love with his singing one of the OST), and then on My PS Partner, I was hooked. :heartxoxo: Serious eye candy indeed! 

@anjuliet  "Kill Me, Heal Me" is a drama worth-watching. After watching the drama, you couldn't go on without praising the main lead role. To me, this drama is perfect, in the entertainment point of view. Amazing acting from JS with multiple personalities. I'm really enjoying every single detail in the series. Biased aside, this is my favorite representation of Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) that I've seen in television shows. It's one the greatest K-dramas ever. Amazing story line...... The drama totally captivated me. JS is such a brilliant actor. His acting was really top notch. Everything is WOW about this drama. :twerk2:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

*** “The Devil Judge” is heading into its finale!     :crymeme:

3 Key Questions To Be Answered In The Final Episodes Of “The Devil Judge”

f271a3218d75494d85fd60c029dede7e.jpeg?s=

With only two episodes left, here are three questions that need to be answered in the drama’s conclusion!

Spoilers

Spoiler

1. What will happen to Team Kang Yo Han after Kim Ga On’s dangerous confession?

Previously, Juk Chang (Lee Hae Woon) was sentenced to an execution on live television. Kim Ga On tried to talk Kang Yo Han out of it, but Kang Yo Han was firm about his decision. In order to stop Juk Chang’s death sentence, Kim Ga On held a press conference and admitted that the trials had been fabricated. This caused Juk Chang’s electric chair to turn off, and everyone, especially Kang Yo Han, was shocked by Kim Ga On’s sudden confession.

It will be intriguing to find out about Kang Yo Han and Kim Ga On’s broken relationship. Will the two face each other as enemies or make amends and reunite as a team? The two aren’t the only ones facing turbulence in their plans for justice. The rest of Kang Yo Han’s helpers are being attacked by the Social Responsibility Foundation, leaving viewers wondering if they’ll be able to fulfill their goals with so many enemies in the way.

2. Who started the fire at the church, and who killed Yoon Soo Hyun (Park Gyu Young)?

Yoon Soo Hyun saw Kim Ga On getting injured during a live show at the neighborhood where the dangerous rebellion was happening and raced to his side. However, she ended up getting shot by a mysterious gunman. One key figure that could be responsible for her death is Min Jung Ho (Ahn Nae Sang), who was unhappy with Kang Yo Han giving Juk Chang a death sentence.

In addition, Min Jung Ho told Kim Ga On that Yoon Soo Hyun had been secretly investing the fire at the church where Kang Yo Han’s brother Kang Isaac (Jinyoung) died and searching for a man named Jung Joseph. He was the person who had been managing the security cameras at the church, so if anyone would know about Kang Isaac’s death, it would be him. This suggests that Yoon Soo Hyun was approaching the truth. Is Min Jung Ho telling the truth, or is he manipulating Kim Ga On to hide his own secrets?

3. What is the project that the Social Responsibility Foundation is trying to build?

The officials of the foundation declared an outbreak of a virus and shrouded the citizens in anxiety and fear. However, they were using that as an excuse to assault the city’s residents and lock them up in order to make them look like they were being quarantined. Kang Yo Han, Kim Ga On, and Oh Jin Joo (Kim Jae Kyung) revealed the devastating situation to the people, but the ultimate goal of the foundation’s officials has yet to be revealed.

What exactly is the project that the villains are trying to create by covering the citizens in darkness? Viewers can look forward to finding out what the foundation’s officials have up their sleeve and how Team Kang Yo Han will bring them down.

The final episodes of “The Devil Judge” air on August 21 and August 22 at 9 p.m. KST.

Start watching the show with English subtitles below!

Watch Now

credit : soompi news

• Like 1