❤ Ji Sung ❤ 지성 / Drama 2022 : Adamas

LoVeCartier

Your welcome @willenette!:).

dummy-28-608x405.jpg

Ji Sung, Seo Ji Hye, And Lee Soo Kyung Confirmed For Upcoming tvN Drama "Adamas"

Upcoming drama “Adamas” (working title) has confirmed its cast!

On January 19, it was announced that Ji SungSeo Ji Hye, and Lee Soo Kyung will be starring in the tvN drama “Adamas.”

Adamas” depicts the story of twin brothers uncovering the truth from an incident 22 years ago. They will fight against great evil in order to clear the murder charges of their biological father who was accused of killing their stepfather.

In the drama, the twins face the shocking fact that the culprit who killed their stepfather is their biological father. However, after hearing that their father, who is about to face the death penalty, was falsely accused, they chase after the truth and dig into many secrets that is concealed by huge power.

First off, Ji Sung, the epitome of a trusted actor, is set to play both twins. One is a best-selling mystery novel author named Ha Woo Shin, and the other is a prosecutor named Song Soo Hyun who works at the Central District Prosecutor’s office. Ji Sung will expressive the narrative of the two brothers caught up in a turbulent fate.

Although Ha Woo Shin and Song Soo Hyun look alike, their personalities and approach to problems are completely different, and they will try to solve their father’s case with contrasting perspectives. Viewers can look forward to watching how Ji Sung will portray their similarities and differences.

Seo Ji Hye takes on the role of Eun Hye Soo, Ha Woo Shin’s helper and the wife of Haesong Group’s oldest son. As the only daughter of a hospital director, she grew up like a flower in a greenhouse. However, one day, she rebels against Haesong Group due to a series of incidents and secretly helps Ha Woo Shin. It will be intriguing to see how Seo Ji Hye will depict Eun Hye Soo’s pure and poisonous sides.

Lee Soo Kyung will transform into TNN social media reporter Kim Seo Hee, who is hiding secrets from the twins. She  is a righteous and passionate reporter who is all about social justice, and she has a smile that could captivate anyone. She can’t help but write reports about injustice, which makes it common for her to be blackmailed with legal action, but there is a particular reason why she’s so eager when it comes to justice. In particular, viewers can look forward to her connection with the twin brothers.

Adamas” will be directed by Park Seung Woo, who directed “Kairos,” and the script is written by Choi Tae Gang. The drama is is scheduled to premiere in the second half of 2022.

Source (1)

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/ji-sung-seo-ji-hye-and-lee-soo-kyung-confirmed-for-upcoming-tvn-drama-adamas/#ixzz7IOe1cNot

Ji Sung, Seo Ji-hye to co-star in new thriller series

Actors Ji Sung, left, and Seo Ji-hye will play the lead roles in tvN's new series, 'Adamas.' Courtesy of Breitling Korea, Culture Depot
Actors Ji Sung, left, and Seo Ji-hye will play the lead roles in tvN's new series, "Adamas." Courtesy of Breitling Korea, Culture Depot

By Lee Gyu-lee

Actors Ji Sung and Seo Ji-hye will be co-starring in tvN's upcoming crime thriller series, "Adamas," which is scheduled to air in the latter half of this year.

The network announced Wednesday that the two actors have confirmed their lead roles in the new series and are set to begin filming.

The series, directed by Park Seung-woo, whose previous works include the fantasy series, "Kairos," which revolves around twin brothers who hunt down the truth behind their father's alleged murder conviction. It is written by scriptwriter Choi Tae-kang.

Ji will be playing the double role of a best-selling mystery novel writer, Ha Woo-shin, and his twin brother, Song Soo-hyun, who is a prosecutor.

The brother's biological father is convicted of killing their stepfather 22 years ago. But when they realize that there's more to the case and suspect that his biological father is innocent, they join hands to uncover the truth and find the real killer.

Seo will take on the role of Eun Hye-soo, who is the secret helper of Woo-shin. She has had a rather easy life, growing up in a wealthy family and marrying into an elite chaebol family.

However, after going through a trying incident, she turns her back against her in-laws' conglomerate and assists Woo-shin in seeking justice.

Ji debuted with the SBS series, "Kaist," in 1999 and has been taking lead roles in various films and TV series, including in the period film, "Feng Shui," and the hit romance TV series, "Kill Me Heal Me."

Seo made her acting debut after landing a minor role in the hit romance series, "All In," in 2003. She rose to global fame after playing a supporting role in the smash-hit series, "Crash Landing on You," in 2019.

credit : Korea Times

*** Ji Sung challenges to play two roles once again.   :kisslevel:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ji Sung, Twin Brothers in "Adamas"

photo1417972.jpg

The tvN drama "Adamas" is the story of twin brothers Ha Woo-shin (Ji Sung) and Song Soo-hyeon (Ji Sung) fighting against giant evil hidden behind an incident 22 years ago to clear the name of their biological father. The brothers face the fact that the culprit who killed their stepfather when they were children is their biological father. After encountering the circumstances that their father, who was framed and put to the death penalty, they go after the power that tried to hide and conceal this incident.

Ji Sung plays best-selling mystery novel writer Woo-shin and special prosecutor Soo-hyun at the Central District Prosecutors' Office. The brothers approach their father with different perspectives to get rid of the false accusation.

Ji Sung will delicately express the brother' narrative based on his solid acting skills.

Seo Ji-hye plays an active role as a Woo-shin's helper. She is Eun Hye-soo, the wife of the the eldest son of Haesong Group. Even before becoming a daughter-in-law of a large company, she is the precious only child of the hospital director. Due to a series of incidents, she rebels against Haesong Group and secretly helps Woo-shin.

Lee Soo-kyung-I plays the role of TNN social media reporter Kim Seo-hee. She is a person who hides secrets that she can't not tell the twin brothers. She can't stand injustice and gets in trouble for writing something about it. The reason for pursuing justice is connected to the twin brothers.

Directed by Park Seung-woo of the drama "Kairos" (2020) and written by Choi Tae-kang, "Adamas" will premiere in the second half of the year.

source : Hancinema

*** I heard that they are set to begin filming soon.   :Megathanks:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Actor Ji Sung to play twin brothers in upcoming tvN drama series

From left, actors Ji Sung, Seo Ji-hye and Lee Soo-kyung will appear in the upcoming tvN drama series ″Adamas.″ [TVN]

From left, actors Ji Sung, Seo Ji-hye and Lee Soo-kyung will appear in the upcoming tvN drama series ″Adamas.″ [TVN]

Actor Ji Sung will challenge himself to play a double role in the upcoming tvN drama series “Adamas.”

“Adamas” centers around twin brothers — both of whom will be portrayed by Ji Sung —who pursue the truth behind a case which occurred 22 years ago and try to prove their father’s innocence.

Although identical in looks, the two brothers have opposite traits in their problem-solving skills. Ha Woo-shin is a bestselling author of mystery novels and Song Soo-hyun is a prosecutor.

Actors Seo Ji-hye and Lee Soo-kyung will portray supporting characters in the series.

The series is scheduled to air in the latter half of this year.

Ji Sung is debuted in 1999 through SBS drama series “KAIST” and is best known for his roles in television series such as SBS’s “All In” (2003), KBS’s “Secret Love” (2013), MBC’s “Kill Me, Heal Me,” tvN’s “Familiar Wife” (2018) and most recently “The Devil Judge” (2021) on tvN. 

BY LEE JAE-LIM [lee.jaelim@joongang.co.kr]

credit : JoongAngDaily

• 2 weeks later...

12 finished 2021 K-dramas that you should be watching right now!

This list only features a few of 2021 finished K-dramas. Right, you don’t have to wait weekly to finish them!

Waiting weekly for a new episode is something a loyal K-drama fan is used to. Well, if you are looking for more K-dramas to watch, worry no more, because you’ve got a lot of options through this list!

2021 Finished K-Dramas

From Kim Bum, Cha Tae Hyun, Ji Sung, Han Soo Hee, and Shin Min Ah the titles listed below will definitely play with you feels. Expect some tension, laughs, butterflies, and tears to the list below!

5. The Devil Judge

The Devil Judge Kdrama

The Devil Judge official poster

Ji Sung returns to our TV Screens as he takes on the role of Kang Yo-Han, a chief judge. He is known for his fair and harsh judgment of dishonest people. The Devil Judge is set in a dystopian South Korean future wherein some trials are aired through a television show. Audiences will surely enjoy this series full of mystery and stories waiting to be revealed.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://annyeongoppa.com/2022/01/29/12-finished-2021-k-dramas-that-you-should-be-watching-right-now/

• 3 weeks later...

25 Award-Winning Korean Actors Of All Time

As of February 2022, here are the 25 most recognized and multi-awarded Korean actors of all time:

21. Ji Sung | 26 wins out of 50 nominations

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0YI8WJA4N_/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=7446af20-3a37-4c25-871c-bba35c0a5ec6

Awards: 2 Grand Prize (Daesang) Awards, 10 Best Actor/Excellence Awards, 2 Popularity Awards
Most Recognized Films/Dramas:
All In (2003)Save the Last Dance for Me (2004)New Heart (2007)Protect the Boss (2011), My PS Partner (2012) Secret Love (2013)Kill Me, Heal Me (2015), Innocent Defendant (2017)Familiar Wife (2018)Doctor John (2019)The Devil Judge (2021) 
State Honors: Prime Minister Recommendation (2017)

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://korean-binge.com/2022/02/17/25-award-winning-korean-actors-of-all-time/

8 Must-Watch K-Dramas If You're Curious About The Life Of Doctors

Dream of becoming a doctor?

It's no secret that becoming a doctor is tough. Training for the thankless job entails working under pressure, dealing with criticism, and monitoring patients for hours on end. If you're looking for something to keep you motivated, medical K-dramas might just give you lots of inspo. Although they're not always the most realistic, these shows are undeniably easy to enjoy—especially if you're powering through med school.

Here are eight medical K-dramas aspiring doctors should totally watch: 

6. Doctor John 

Who's in it: Ji Sung, Lee Se Young, Lee Kyu Hyung, Hwang Hee

Where you can watch it: Netflix, Viu

The short plot: An ex-convict anesthesiologist and a top medical student work together to diagnose and treat patients experiencing mysterious illnesses. 

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/k-dramas-about-doctors-a5020-20220224?ref=home_feed_1

Happy Ji Sung Day: Comparing his iconic roles in dramas like ‘The Devil Judge’, ‘Kill Me Heal Me’ and more

ji_sung_main_0.png?width=752&format=webp

Ji Sung is best known for his roles in the television dramas ‘All In’ (2003), ‘Save the Last Dance for Me’ (2004), ‘New Heart’ (2007), ‘Protect the Boss’ (2011), ‘Secret Love’ (2013), ‘Kill Me, Heal Me’ (2015), ‘Innocent Defendant’ (2017), ‘Familiar Wife’ (2018), ‘Doctor John’ (2019), ‘The Devil Judge’ (2021) and the film ‘My PS Partner’ (2012). Let’s take a look at the various lead roles to understand Ji Sung’s versatility: 

Kang Yo Han in ‘The Devil Judge’ 

Ji Sung played the role of Kang Yo Han in the law thriller drama ‘The Devil Judge’. Kang Yo Han is a chief judge who punishes the dishonest with no mercy, thus earning himself a reputation as a hero of the people. However, he maintains a mysterious background and conceals his true motivations and ambitions. Ji Sung as the cold and calculative judge was extremely satisfying to watch, he was the ultimate anti-hero and managed to always keep the viewers hooked on as soon as he would come on screen. 

Cha Do Hyun in ‘Kill Me Heal Me’ 

Ji Sung as Cha Do Hyun in the popular drama ‘Kill Me Heal Me’ is arguably his most popular role for perfectly encompassing the 6 wildly different identities in the drama. Cha Do Hyun is a  wealthy businessman with a warmhearted personality who loves to help others. He is the main personality of the body. However, after realising that he suffers from dissociative identity disorder 11 years ago, he has been desperately trying to hide this fact from his family and friends. This was his best work as he managed to bring out the different aspects of Cha Do Hyun’s trauma and pain with the personalities in a beautiful manner and even though it has been 7 years since the drama was released, Ji Sung fans would still go back to it. Compared to his role in ‘The Devil Judge’, Cha Do Hyun is more soft-hearted and cowardly. While he did have a bold persona, it is nothing compared to the rightfully named ‘Devil Judge’ Kang Yo Han.

Cha Joo Hyun in ‘Familiar Wife’ 

In the 2018 drama, Cha Joo Hyuk is an ordinary bank employee that becomes unhappy with his life mainly because of his family's financial struggle and constantly being pressured by both his wife at home and his direct superior at the office. He ends up with a different life one day, where his wife is now his first love and his previous wife is a colleague at his bank. Ji Sung did a great job of being the childish, hurt and jealous Cha Joo Hyun as he falls in love with his wife again and realises that grass is greener on the other side. Compared to his role in ‘Kill Me Heal Me’, Cha Joo Hyun is a more realistic caricature of a normal person who does the same thing every day and now wants to live the way he always did until he did not. 

Which Ji Sung drama have you watched?

source : Pinkvilla

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/happy-ji-sung-day-comparing-his-iconic-roles-dramas-devil-judge-kill-me-heal-me-and-more-1033676

• 4 weeks later...

[Ishani's Picks] Top 10 Peak Fiction K-Dramas

A term that has recently risen to popularity in the world of entertainment, "peak fiction" refers to any content that employs innovation, originality and novelty to create the best of the best when it comes to fictional storytelling. Here are my picks for the top 10 peak fiction K-Dramas, ranked in no particular order.

photo1448260.jpg

"The Devil Judge"

The only K-Drama on this list without any elements of fantasy, science-fiction or the supernatural, "The Devil Judge" is nonetheless a masterful work of satire and world-building. In dystopian South Korea, humanity regresses to "an eye for an eye" and needless to say, the world goes blind. "The Devil Judge" is a must-watch!

Where to Watch