Do You Need Korean Help?

Jaeho

Guest followyourdreams.

Just a quick question,

As someone who speaks Japanese quite confidently/proficiently, will learning Korean be quite easy? I took a few classes last year and found a lot of the words were quite similar and grammar seemed simple enough... I want to learn it more seriously though, I just wonder if my Japanese knowledge will help any.

• Replies 19.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sudu1won

Hi guys I really need help to do this conversation in Korean

Girl: Oppa, Let's go to Korea!

Guy: Haiii... but we don't have any money

Girl: How about if we win this singing competition?

Guy: If we win this singing competition, then let's go to Korea.

I'm doing this conversation at the end of our song in a Korean song competition.. so I'm just doing it as a joke =)

오빠~ 우리 한국 가자!

헐~~ 근데 돈이 없어

그럼 우리는 이 노래 대회를 이기면 어때?

노래 대회 이기면 한국으로 가자!!

Guest sudu1won

Just a quick question,

As someone who speaks Japanese quite confidently/proficiently, will learning Korean be quite easy? I took a few classes last year and found a lot of the words were quite similar and grammar seemed simple enough... I want to learn it more seriously though, I just wonder if my Japanese knowledge will help any.

first of all, you do have an advantage with Hanja(Kanji)-based vocabulary and the sentence structure of subject-object-verb.

pronunciation-wise, although some sounds are quite similar but there are also sounds that do not exist in Japanese and the fact that, Korean pronunciations aren't as rigid as Japanese i.e. some consonants in Korean change its sounds depending on their position in a syllable.

on an interesting note, I noticed from native Japanese speakers, that one of the glaring mistake they do is they tend to overuse 가 because:

が is somewhat equivalent to 이/가 while は is similar to 은/는 and since が is used for both vowel-ending and consonant ending words (unlike its Korean counterparts), the native Japanese speakers tend to forget 이 and use 가 all the time at the beginning stage of learning Korean.

however, I do believe that people with some knowledge of Japanese (and Chinese) have it easier with grasping Korean.

Guest Original Doll

Hi guys, I need help translating this into Korean.

"I can't find MAC anywhere in France :( Do they sell it in Paris?"

Guest sudu1won

Hi guys, I need help translating this into Korean.

"I can't find MAC anywhere in France :( Do they sell it in Paris?"

저는 프랑스에서 MAC를 아무데도 찾을 수 없어요 ㅠㅠ 혹시 파리에서 MAC는 팔리나요?

Guest followyourdreams.

first of all, you do have an advantage with Hanja(Kanji)-based vocabulary and the sentence structure of subject-object-verb.

pronunciation-wise, although some sounds are quite similar but there are also sounds that do not exist in Japanese and the fact that, Korean pronunciations aren't as rigid as Japanese i.e. some consonants in Korean change its sounds depending on their position in a syllable.

on an interesting note, I noticed from native Japanese speakers, that one of the glaring mistake they do is they tend to overuse 가 because:

が is somewhat equivalent to 이/가 while は is similar to 은/는 and since が is used for both vowel-ending and consonant ending words (unlike its Korean counterparts), the native Japanese speakers tend to forget 이 and use 가 all the time at the beginning stage of learning Korean.

however, I do believe that people with some knowledge of Japanese (and Chinese) have it easier with grasping Korean.

thanks for the response!

that's interesting...

When I took the classes, I found putting sentences together easy, but always forgot the whole vowel/consonant matching thing... ==

But in the classes we only scratched the surface of Korean and every one found it easy so I was like, maybe I just find this easy because it's basics, haha!

As I've studied, I've noticed similar words in Korean and Japanese, but I'm gonna have to be careful I don't use very Japanese expressions in Korean, then very Korean expressions in Japanese... haha.

thanks again though~ feeling a bit more confident about Korean now! ^^

Guest sudu1won

How would you say these phrases in Korean?

1) Go on MSN!

2) You should go online more often and chat with me!

I believe this is for a close friend?

msn 좀 해봐!

너 자주 접속해야 해서 나랑 같이 채팅해~

I'm sorry for throwing this here, but I tried in 2AM's official thread and no one answered it, perhaps because they don't know the answer either.

I can't read signatures or Korean for that matter. I'm trying to compare the characters, but can't really find one that matches. perhaps handwriting is different from computer characters...

Who's signature is this?

23itfdu.jpg

Choices are:

Lee Changmin (Hangul: 이창민)

Im Seulong (Hangul: 임슬옹)

Jo Kwon (Hangul: 조권)

Jung Jinwoon (Hangul: 정진운)

Thanks.

Hello... Sorry for the bother again. I need help translating these. :sweatingbullets:

뱀검, 그것이 알고 싶다

민태연 루미놀 반응과 싸이코메트리 장면의 비밀은?

연정훈, 뱀파이어 검사로 거듭나다!

절권도 액션씬부터 피 한잔을 거뜬히 원샷하기까지의 숨은 비하인드는?

화제의 현장, 전격 공개!

<뱀파이어 검사> 포스터 & 예고편 촬영 현장에서는 어떤 일이?

팀워크는 우리의 힘!

이영아&연정훈 깜짝 생일 파티 현장! 민태연은 쉬는 시간에 어떤 놀이를?

NG컷, 삭제 씬 전격 공개!

많은 웃음을 자아냈던 '도둑'씬(?) & 민검사와 유검사의 깜찍한 NG!

카메오, 3인 3색 애드리브 열전

개그맨 김늘메 & 고명환 & 정석용의 코믹 애드리브 열전!

Guest baehyun

Hi! so I was talking with a friend and we cant think of this certain Korean word. Its like when some one doesn't look good a first, but their appearance grows on you. Anyone have an idea? Thanks!

Guest sudu1won

Hi! so I was talking with a friend and we cant think of this certain Korean word. Its like when some one doesn't look good a first, but their appearance grows on you. Anyone have an idea? Thanks!

my first guess would be:

훈남 (for a guy)

훈녀 (for a girl)

Guest taeminjjangxoxo

My cute Korean boyfriend send me this on fb

꺼져라

What does it mean? Omo, I bet it's saying that I'm so cuute

Guest sudu1won

My cute Korean boyfriend send me this on fb

꺼져라

What does it mean? Omo, I bet it's saying that I'm so cuute

well, I'm sorry to say but it means "get lost!"

Guest sudu1won

what's the difference between 분 and 사람, and the difference between 있어 and 있나?

분 is the honorific form for 사람

strictly speaking, 있나 is the soft questioning form for the declarative form 있어. However, with the right intonation, 있어 can also be used to ask questions.

Guest sudu1won

Hello... Sorry for the bother again. I need help translating these. :sweatingbullets:

뱀검, 그것이 알고 싶다

민태연 루미놀 반응과 싸이코메트리 장면의 비밀은?

연정훈, 뱀파이어 검사로 거듭나다!

절권도 액션씬부터 피 한잔을 거뜬히 원샷하기까지의 숨은 비하인드는?

화제의 현장, 전격 공개!

<뱀파이어 검사> 포스터 & 예고편 촬영 현장에서는 어떤 일이?

팀워크는 우리의 힘!

이영아&연정훈 깜짝 생일 파티 현장! 민태연은 쉬는 시간에 어떤 놀이를?

NG컷, 삭제 씬 전격 공개!

많은 웃음을 자아냈던 '도둑'씬(?) & 민검사와 유검사의 깜찍한 NG!

카메오, 3인 3색 애드리브 열전

개그맨 김늘메 & 고명환 & 정석용의 코믹 애드리브 열전!

I want to know about Vampire Prosecutor

the secret behind Min Tae-yeon luminescence reaction and psychometry scenes?

Yeon Jung-hoon transforms into a vampire prosecutor!

the hidden behind story from fighting action scenes to drinking blood effortlessly in one go?

the shocking revelation of the shooting location everyone's talking about!

what's going on at the shooting for poster and trailer of <Vampire Prosecutor>?

Teamwork is our strength!

Lee Yeong-ah & Yeon Jung-hoon surprise birthday party! What does Min Tae-yeon enjoy to do when he's taking a break?

NG cuts and deleted scenes shocking exposé!

the 'thief' scene (?) that garnered many laughs & Prosecutor Min and Prosecutor Yoo's cutesy NG!

Cameos; the ad-lib fight between 3 different persons

comedians Kim Neul-me & Ko Myeong-hwan & Jung Suk-yong comical ad-lib show-off!

I want to know about Vampire Prosecutor

the secret behind Min Tae-yeon luminescence reaction and psychometry scenes?

Yeon Jung-hoon transforms into a vampire prosecutor!

the hidden behind story from fighting action scenes to drinking blood effortlessly in one go?

the shocking revelation of the shooting location everyone's talking about!

what's going on at the shooting for poster and trailer of <Vampire Prosecutor>?

Teamwork is our strength!

Lee Yeong-ah & Yeon Jung-hoon surprise birthday party! What does Min Tae-yeon enjoy to do when he's taking a break?

NG cuts and deleted scenes shocking exposé!

the 'thief' scene (?) that garnered many laughs & Prosecutor Min and Prosecutor Yoo's cutesy NG!

Cameos; the ad-lib fight between 3 different persons

comedians Kim Neul-me & Ko Myeong-hwan & Jung Suk-yong comical ad-lib show-off!

Awesome... thank you so much. You're the coolest of the coolest.

Archived