Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

Man, I am so intrigued about the state of Big Mouth and the process is has been through from start to finish. The fact that their scripts so prominently display tvN and Studio Dragon on the cover makes the switch to MBC so bizarre to me. And now to see A-man on the script next to A Story... like, what? Is the company really co-producing or is it just Jongsuk crediting himself under A-man? This development also makes sense of A-man's partnership with the agency that also produces dramas, but I feel like some pretty big pieces of the puzzle are missing. 

I was really hoping tvN and MBC would confirm their next dramas this week (it's long overdue), but it's already Thursday afternoon in Korea and still nothing. 

• Like 2

the script seems to be indicating that tvn and studio dragon are the promoters of the drama (before the network changed to mbc of course, tvn was going to handle the promotions so it makes sense) and a-man and a story are listed as producers, the ones who made the drama, simply put. now, i’m not sure what the link between a-man and a story is, it makes me wonder if someone in a-man’s team is part of the a story staff or something.

• Like 5

Wow... lots of updates after so much silence! I'm sure part of it is because they're wrapping up, but I also hope it's because restrictions in Korea are lifting and this is proof that we'll get back to seeing more updates from sets in the future. 

Jongsuk also wrote a very sweet note to his fans in Thailand: 

"Are my Thai fans doing well? I’m sorry that I haven’t seen you in a long time and that there hasn’t been any news. I am doing well and am now 98% done filming. Please wait a little longer! There will be news soon.♡ I also received the pretty and thoughtful roses you sent me last month. Let’s meet soon. I miss you.♡"

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

Lee Jong Suk And YoonA’s Upcoming Drama Confirms Summer Premiere And Broadcast Schedule

Lee Jong Suk And YoonA’s Upcoming Drama Confirms Summer Premiere And Broadcast Schedule

Upcoming drama “Big Mouth” (literal title) starring Lee Jong Suk and Girls’ Generation’s YoonA will be greeting viewers this summer!

“Big Mouth” is a hard-boiled noir drama about a third-rate lawyer who winds up in charge of a murder case that turns him overnight into a genius conman known as “Big Mouse.” In order to survive and protect his family, he must expose a huge conspiracy among the privileged upper classes. Although the drama was originally reported to air via tvN, it was confirmed on April 26 that “Big Mouth” will premiere in July via MBC.

“Vagabond” writers Jang Young Chul and Jung Kyung Soon are listed as creators on “Big Mouth,” and Oh Choong Hwan, who worked on the mise-en-scène for “Hotel Del Luna,” will be working as the director.

Lee Jong Suk will star as Park Chang Ho, a third-rate lawyer with a 10 percent success rate, while YoonA will star as Go Mi Ho, a nurse and Park Chang Ho’s wife. Furthermore, the star-studded lineup consists of Kim Joo Heon as Choi Do Ha, Ok Ja Yeon as Hyun Joo Hee, Yang Kyung Won as Gong Ji Hoon, and Kwak Dong Yeon as Jerry, raising even more anticipation for the upcoming drama.

The production team shared, “Since viewers have waited a long time, we will work hard so that the project doesn’t disappoint their expectations, so please look forward to it a lot.”

“Big Mouth” will premiere in July following the conclusion of MBC’s upcoming Friday-Saturday drama “Dr. Lawyer.” Stay tuned for more updates!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1523673wpp/lee-jong-suk-and-yoonas-upcoming-drama-confirms-summer-premiere-and-broadcast-schedule

• Like 4

Spoiler

FQ7ua-XaAAEYMkC?format=jpg&name=medium

FQ7ubjaaAAEgyBA?format=jpg&name=large

FQ7ucP5akAE1UwT?format=jpg&name=large

Spoiler

I'm glad it's 16 episodes, it'll be worth the wait. I don't like Korean dramas shorter than 16 episodes. It's over in a month then. Now it will be over in 2 months. I missed watching Lee Jong Suk's acting, let's see how the drama will turn out. It is also pleasing to MBC broadcasting earlier. Tvn put it on towards the end of October, probably because they preferred other series. I hope Tvn regrets missing Ljs and Yoona drama. Because I think it will be successful by looking at the subject.

Edited by gm4queen
Please use spoiler tags when you upload more than 3 images/ tweets in one post! Thanks!
  • Like 6

Yay! Confirmation! I'm happy to see this happening so soon, too! 

I noticed that the press release from yesterday didn't include anything about Disney+. I don't think that necessarily means anything since the article was about MBC, but it does make me wonder if switching networks will effect the streaming platform as well.

To my knowledge, an MBC drama has never gone to Disney+. On the other hand, MBC's current drama Tomorrow is streaming on Netflix right now. I don't have my hopes up and beggars can't be choosers, but wouldn't that be great? I don't want to it go to Viki, Kocowa, or any of the platforms that don't do promo though. 

• Like 2

It's so nice to see outtakes for this shoot, even though it's clear from the write-up that we were suppose to get this back in November of last year. :sweatingbullets: It just goes to show that A-man can put in the work and still have it go completely unnoticed.

I do think it's bizarre that this was posted without any revisions, and that they didn't say a word about it on IG. Did they get locked out of their account or something? Also interesting that this would happen the morning after Big Mouth's final shoot. Hmm...

• Like 4
  • Sad 1