Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

it always goes this way... last year, around this time i think, fans were also complaining about the lack of promotion from a-man, which led to them releasing some old b-cuts a few days after they got (i'm assuming) a bunch of e-mails from unsatisfied fans. it would be nice if they would keep this up, though, not just when fans mobilize to encourage them to get a move on.

• Like 5

Whew, thank GOD! 

From a PR standpoint, I think it's very important for Jongsuk to control the narrative by phrasing this carefully from A-MAN's end so it isn't publicized as the fall of a management company he created... but that's basically what it is. He is the only part of that agency that wasn't a disaster, and he probably signed a boss contract with History D&C that gives him close to the same control that being the CEO of A-MAN did, but I think everyone else involved is now out of a job. 

Why do I feel like Jongsuk's "team" was doing him dirty while he was busy filming Big Mouth? It just looks like they stopped trying towards the end of last year. They refused to reply to fans e-mails, were no help setting up food truck scheduling, didn't post about D&C when the switch was actually made, and they even held some old posts from last year hostage... were the people "in charge" just refusing to do their jobs? I don't think it's at all a coincidence that we're only seeing movement now that Jongsuk has finished filming. I won't pretend to know the details, but I can imagine. I just hope this process hasn't been and won't be too hurtful for Jongsuk. I know he had a lot of his friends working for him and it doesn't really seem like it ended well.

But I am very happy to see Seo Eun Soo moved to History D&C with him! I guess Kwon Nara really did decide to go elsewhere or is still keeping her options open.

• Like 4

We'll never really know what went on behind the scenes, but I'm glad to see the warm welcome from HistoryDNC. And hey, History even has a YT channel (https://www.youtube.com/c/historydnc). They seem pretty active with promoting their artists on IG, too. So that's good. If Big Mouth is coming out in mid June and also Witch 2 (see https://m.insight.co.kr/news/393427, it went to the ratings board and has a 15+ rating), then he's going to need some serious promotion support. 

Glad to see that Seo Eun Soo moved over as well, as she may be a beginning but has been getting good work. It looks like kwon nara didn't come with? History isn't following her and didn't introduce her, so I guess she has opted to look elsewhere. 

• Like 4

Yes! I noticed they have a YT channel! The dc forum was celebrating that too. History D&C does these really cool videos where everyone from the agency sits down and has “family” discussions about various topics. I would love so much if Jongsuk would be included in the next round of them. What a fun idea! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, hilllllllly said:

Yes! I noticed they have a YT channel! The dc forum was celebrating that too. History D&C does these really cool videos where everyone from the agency sits down and has “family” discussions about various topics. I would love so much if Jongsuk would be included in the next round of them. What a fun idea! 

I would love to see something like this as well! I hope it's a smooth transition for everybody and that the new, expanded family has events like this.

• Like 4

So excited about this.  Disappointed that Kim Da Mi won’t be a main player, but have total confidence in the creative team for their character selection. After all, KDM was an unknown selected from a huge pool in Part I, and what a find she is.  Intrigued at seeing LJS in this ambiguous role - this is what I’m hoping to see more of in comin months a he explores dimensions on characters and pushes boundaries.

Things are looking up!!

• Like 5

Korea is going to bed right when I wake up each morning, so I really wasn't expecting him to post when he did! I guess he went to see 52chic's (hahaha) play.

I also wanted to make sure to post this countdown as well. Right now, mine says that we're 50 hours away from our first look at Witch 2, but I have seen screengrabs that show it being earlier, so I'm not sure? I also know the original countdown adds up to a premiere on Wednesday instead of Thursday, so it could be altered by timezone.

ETA: I figured out the time. My countdown is +16 hours because of the polar opposite time zones, but the trailer/first look will be up on Thursday, May 12 at 12pm KST. That is Wednesday, May 11 at 7pm for me, hence the confusion. Surely they know once it’s available in Korea, we’re all going to see it, right? Nice of them to figure in time zones though, I guess. 
  • Like 3

I haven't seen anyone talking about this, but Big Mouth is being pushed back from July 22 to July 29. In a single week, MBC went from sharing the Doctor Lawyer poster that says it'll premiere on May 27 to posting stills that say June 3. I know they never gave us the official date for Big Mouth, but they did say July and there were only 2 dates possible, so... the 29th it is. Let's hope it stays that way.

This post about The Witch 2 confirms the date and time of the trailer premiere. It also asks for us to guess, from the first characters of each syllable block, what the first word spoken in the upcoming trailer will be. The answer is "오랜만이네," which means (very fittingly) "Long time no see." I think it's cool that they're getting us involved in the hype for this movie with games, countdowns, etc. Very creative. I also hope we get to see a bit of Jongsuk in the trailer. I know that a lot of people think he's only in it for a second, but we know he filmed scenes from January-April, so I think he plays a bigger role than that. 

And on the subject of The Witch 2, History D&C have posted about it on their official website! It's really nice to see them already acknowledging their two newest recruits, since both Jongsuk and Eunsoo are in the movie. They are also listed as Jongsuk's agency on his Naver profile now. 

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

So… definitely not just a cameo. :D  His character took up about 60% of the trailer! I was expecting to see him, but not as much as we did. What an awesome surprise! 

History D&C almost immediately posted a story about it and if you go to their website, they altered the section I mentioned before so it plays the trailer when you click on it. It just feels nice to see his agency being attentive. 

So now that we know his role isn’t minor, I wonder how that is going to affect promo for the movie? I wasn’t sure if he’d do more than the premiere and solo stuff, but now it’s looking more likely that he will, right? 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, frozentundra said:

I hope he makes some appearances. It's been a loooooooong time since the public saw a walking, talking, live Lee Jong Suk.

A few hours later.... 

I'm going to credit @frozentundra for this appearance. I don't know how, but he obviously heard you. :ph34r:  He's walking, talking, and live!

• Like 4

I'm glad you got to sleep! I saw that he was there 15 minutes past my bedtime. Needless to say, I'm kind of running on empty today. 

Jongsuk unfollowed A-MAN today... which is interesting. I guess it really is a thing of the past now. If he was using it for anything, surely he wouldn't have done that. I also noticed that his former manager and some of his old staff were with him at the Prada event today. Hmm...

• Like 5