Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

7 hours ago, Tongtong said:

Wow, thanks muchly for sharing the photo! I can now remember JW’b/ date as its my son’s army enlistment today (30/9). Lol..

Well, starting this year, in my country (Canada), it's also a day that's meant for national mourning and remembrance, so how's that for a coincidence? What can I say - life and time don't stop for anyone, so dates line up in interesting ways.

But, yes, I am also here to wish uri JW a happy birthday! I hope that he can spend the time happily and safely with his loved ones.

90f31dd2e4419d8739bfaf14fa5aba85.jpg

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 1

Glad to see 

@Andrea Balcazar

@Tongtong @valinor500 and @kittyna

Leaving some quick updates I'm busy cause celebtating family members birthday today.

Joo Won's IG update yesterday:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUccLvYJxsT/?utm_medium=copy_link

Joo Won got some but desert that he previously made on Happy Together on 2013.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUc1y9ipJCp/?utm_medium=copy_link

There was a cafe event for Joo Won fans on a coffee shop where they'd give free cupholder to Joo Won fans. They decorated their shop with Joo Won's photos too. Joo Won personally went there with his team and trainer Park Jeong shik. He spent some time there. Event organizer was over the moon so we're fans who met him. It was such a surprise for him.

Joo Won was covered with leyears of clothes. They didn't see his face. But someone commented he was make up less and there's also a talk about him driv in g new car.

Today Joo Won shared his birthday celebration from Carter filming set. They prepared a message board for him. Lots of good wishes. I already detected two Gaksital admirer. Some wished for him to meet a good women. Someone said among 20 movies he/she  was part of Joo Won is the best actor he/she met. Many more interesting messages for our Joo Won.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUdvr7IhwjN/?utm_medium=copy_link

Joo Won's mother resent rice cakes for his filming set. A fan wrote in her post 'People who ate this before know how delicious this rice cakes are. She ate it on fan meeting.'

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUe2c2yrpLp/?utm_medium=copy_link

From the message board it's the picture of carter.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUd0xsaPFbB/?utm_medium=copy_link

Hairstyle is pretty defined.. just like Joo Won previously drew for Joo Won Supporters T shirt.

He received coffee truck support from.. a colleague noona may be.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, flutterby06 said:

Glad to see 

@Andrea Balcazar

@Tongtong @valinor500 and @kittyna

Leaving some quick updates I'm busy cause celebtating family members birthday today.

Joo Won's IG update yesterday:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUccLvYJxsT/?utm_medium=copy_link

Joo Won got some but desert that he previously made on Happy Together on 2013.

There was a cafe event for Joo Won fans on a coffee shop where they'd give free cupholder to Joo Won fans. They decorated their shop with Joo Won's photos too. Joo Won personally went there with his team and trainer Park Jeong shik. He spent some time there. Event organizer was over the moon so we're fans who met him. It was such a surprise for him.

Joo Won was covered with leyears of clothes. They didn't see his face. But someone commented he was make up less and there's also a talk about him driv in g new car.

Today Joo Won shared his birthday celebration from Carter filming set. They prepared a message board for him. Lots of good wishes. I already detected two Gaksital admirer. Some wished for him to meet a good women. Someone said among 20 movies he/she  was part of Joo Won is the best actor he/she met. Many more interesting messages for our Joo Won.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUdvr7IhwjN/?utm_medium=copy_link

Joo Won's mother resent rice cakes for his filming set. A fan wrote in her post 'People who ate this before know how delicious this rice cakes are. She ate it on fan meeting.'

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUe2c2yrpLp/?utm_medium=copy_link

From the message board it's the picture of carter.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUd0xsaPFbB/?utm_medium=copy_link

Hairstyle is pretty defined.. just like Joo Won previously drew for Joo Won Supporters T shirt.

He received coffee truck support from.. a colleague noona may be.

Ahhh I saw all these yesterday. But I read another acc said that JW had no make up, but he has really small face, good skin and big but deep eyes. I guess JW has been losing weights. Normally when he gets thinner, his eyes looks really big compared to his face. 

It is good that he has some free time for his birthday. Look at how strict the filming production is, and the wishes from the crew, I really have a lot of expectations for Carter. :))))) 

And JW-ahhhhh, after Carter, please come back to drama land, we miss you a lot. 

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote tweets! Thanks!
  • Like 2
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, Coco2000 said:

Ahhh I saw all these yesterday. But I read another acc said that JW had no make up, but he has really small face, good skin and big but deep eyes. I guess JW has been losing weights. Normally when he gets thinner, his eyes looks really big compared to his face. 

It is good that he has some free time for his birthday. Look at how strict the filming production is, and the wishes from the crew, I really have a lot of expectations for Carter. :))))) 

And JW-ahhhhh, after Carter, please come back to drama land, we miss you a lot.

ohh I hope I don't lose so much weight and have normal weight

2 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

I think the coach was apart and joo won only went with his team and then it was park jeong sik haha heard that he came and went

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

According to one of the production coordinator, Carter will be released next year. The movie is going to wrapped up soon. When the filming started, I read an article about the director, he said this movie will use new and very expensive technology, so I guess they will be very detailed and careful in the whole process. And I'm not surprised to know the movie will only in the market next year.  As a result, next year will be a full moon year with 2 movies (Firefighters and Carter), and maybe another drama. :)))) 

I don't know if we will get the news about JW next project sooner or not. Normally we hope that there will be some news after he finishes one project. But this time, after reading the birthday notes from the crew for JW, I doubt he really has time for reading and choosing new projects during this tough filming period. I feel sad to know he gets hurt a lot during this movie. So JW-ahhh, after finishing this movie, take a rest, enjoy your free time, spend the days with ur family and friends, and after that come back to us with some news on ur next project. We will be patiently waiting for you. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

10 hours ago, Coco2000 said:

According to one of the production coordinator, Carter will be released next year. The movie is going to wrapped up soon. When the filming started, I read an article about the director, he said this movie will use new and very expensive technology, so I guess they will be very detailed and careful in the whole process. And I'm not surprised to know the movie will only in the market next year.  As a result, next year will be a full moon year with 2 movies (Firefighters and Carter), and maybe another drama. :)))) 

I don't know if we will get the news about JW next project sooner or not. Normally we hope that there will be some news after he finishes one project. But this time, after reading the birthday notes from the crew for JW, I doubt he really has time for reading and choosing new projects during this tough filming period. I feel sad to know he gets hurt a lot during this movie. So JW-ahhh, after finishing this movie, take a rest, enjoy your free time, spend the days with ur family and friends, and after that come back to us with some news on ur next project. We will be patiently waiting for you. 

Looking at it from the good side, it seems that next year will be more active for Joo Won since we are going to have as you say 2 movies even more if Joo Won chooses a drama next year and I really hope it is a romance

but really what excites me the most is waiting for carter since it is produced by netflix and I love the action

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Last week has been full of updates for Joo Won fans..:partyblob: You all most probably know but keeping this thread updated. 

We saw Joo Won after a loooooooooooooooooooooong times thanks to Park Jeong Sik Trainer Nim's insta story update. Joo Won and Lee Si Young were both there. Oh I really wanted here his voice. He laughed.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CU-J8hZp37_/

And the next day he updated his Insta bio with two of his upcoming movies.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVA2TQ3p-0_/

And finally that day he showed up in Instagram live of @Leaderswithus_Hulk.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVAMTnpp0h2/

Pretty eventful week after a draught of Joo Won updates.

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

Hello, Everyone. This is a rough English translation of the Leaderswithus_Hulk instagram live with Joo Won and Lee Si Young, dated 14/10/2021 . This isn’t the most accurate translation but it’s close to what they’re saying.

Original Video: https://www.instagram.com/p/CVAMTnpp0h2/

FBpeSAfVcAIjWka?format=jpg&name=small

Those who do not know Actress Lee Si Young used to be a part of same agency as Joo Won around 2017. She and Joo Won being fitness training enthusiast used to train sometimes together in Hulk Trainer’s fitness center which is a fitness center that Studio Stanta Entertainment actors trains at. LSY later moved into a new agency but the fitness center remained same. Thus we get some fun playful interaction between Lee Si Young Unnie and Joo Won that Trainer nim sometimes shares with us.

In the video there are Joo Won, actress Lee Si Young and Park Jeong Sik Fitness Trainer-nim aka Hulk Saem. I’ll use following short forms to address them in my translation-

Joo Won-:- JW

Lee Si Young:- LSY

Hulk Saem- HS

So let’s jump into their conversation.

*Match the lines with original video timeline to see what is being said when.

……………………………………………………………………………

Joo Won starts by bowing to the viewers.

0:42 <Joo Won>: Let’s start (exercising) quickly.

1:18 <Hulk Saem>: What to do with question?

1:20 <JW>: Laughs.. Most are international fans here.

They start training with Joo Won. At the last try/lift he caught Hulk Saem tightly with his legs. That’s why he cried at pain and starts hitting Joo Won lightly at back.

1:51 <HS> It got captured in the video…

1:57 <HS> Is there no Korean in the chat? Are they all foreigners?

2:00 <JW>  Hello from the Philippine.

2:05 <HS > It was fingers of actress Lee Si Young. (referring to the fingers at the screen of LSY at 1:44)

2:15 <HS> (noticing a Korean comment) oh a Korean.. Ask questions..

2:21 <JW>- Hyung, are you going to answer them if they ask questions?

2:23 <HS> Yes. Ask any questions, I will answer.

2:26  <JW> (to Fans) He says he’ll answer if you ask him questions.

2:29 <HS> Ask me questions.

2:31 <JW> Singapore, Hi. They asked how you are.

2:36 <HS> Fine. Thank you. And you?

Both of them laugh as it’s very basic reply by non-native English speaker to a ‘How Are You’ question.

2:43 <HS> From Indonesia. There are many people from Indonesia.

2:52 <HS> (to JW) They’re asking you now –How are you?

2:53 <JW> (Replies in English) Good. How are you?

3:08 <JW> If you’re not going to talk lets continue training.

After training of LSY-

3:51 <HS> Today we’re doing exercise for back together..

4:02 <HS> Actor Joo Won is being so playful that we are unable to concentrate on training.

It’s time for Joo Won’s exercise. He attempted to same thing again after 10th count but Hulk Saem this time held on to his legs.

4:51 <HS>  The want us to show ‘V’.

4:58 <HS> Can you recognize her now? Right beside me… Here is actor Lee Si Young.

5:04 <Lee Si Young> I’m here. Do they think I’m a man!

5:53 <JW> How much did we do today?

5:56 <HS> It’s the last set.

5:57 <LSY> Don’t know (lost the count).

5:59 <JW> To do this live broadcast you forgot how many times we did this?

6:00 <LSY> Because of his live broadcast…

6:02 <HS> Honestly it’s not because of my broadcast.. I’m doing this so your and Lee Si Young’s fan can see it.

6:10 <JW> You forgot how many sets we did..

6:13 <HS> last set.

6:34 <LSY> Joo Won is much better at exercise, isn’t he! I just started now.

6:43 <HS> Should I do it now? (To Joo Won) Move..

6:46- LSY- No one wants to see yours.

7:39 <JW> Hi.

<HS> Hi.

7:42- <JW> We’re saying Hi only..

7:52 <JW> Love you everyone.

7:58 <JW> Are you all in good health?

8:08 <JW> I’m doing fitness training after a long time.

8:52 <JW> Can’t exactly say what is the concept of this live today. I don’t know the concept.. There’s no conversation as well.

9:04 <HS> No.. It’s just that everyone is saying in English (it’s difficult to continue the conversation with international fans).

9:05 <JW> I think he started the live just like that (without any specific plan).

9: 06 <LSY> (Replying to a comment) How did you know it? Trainer-nim just randomly started this live.

9:12 <HS> I started it because you all were missing Joo Won and Lee Si Young.. That why I started it randomly.

9:19 <LSY> We (Joo Won and Me) usually train at different times, today we finally got to train at the same time after a long time.. That’s why we’re doing this (live).

9:29 <HS> It’s because in my Instagram, followers are mostly the fans of these actors..

10:27 <HS> (to Joo Won) You can do it(exercise) alone right?

10:28 <JW> Of course.

10:30 <HS> Do it alone. I will find a place to set the camera.

Hulk saem tried to place the camera but LSY took over him. So he went towards Joo Won and start posing at camera. LSY commented at 10:41 that Joo Won body looked really fine. And Hulk started to take pride in his effort with Joo Won by touching his muscle. LSY asked him to stop touching Joo Won’s muscle.

10:54 <JW> Everyone did you see.. Our Trainer-nim bought this vlogging stick but he doesn’t know how to use it.

11:05 <LSY> That’s why I’m holding this (camera) now.

(They start to look for a place to set the camera for next exercise spot.)

11:32 <LSY> But can we do it on  selca (Self Camera/selfie) mode, right?

11:36 <JW> Right. Originally it was in selca mode.

11:58 <JW> (To Hulk Saem) Where would you find such younger brother and sister (who work hard to create a spot for your IG Live)?

They continued with training.

13:18 <HS> Have they all got out of chat!

13:28 <HS> Hello. Joo Wona, it looks like your fan. This ID is familiar. Comment says “Unnie, you’re pretty.”

13:37 <HS> I’m cool, right?

15:16 <HS> They’re (JW and LSY) my loving students. There’s Joo Won.

15:31- LSY- (reacting to a fan comment) Thank you…

15:32 <HS> Even I think actress LSY is very beautiful..

LSY jokingly charged at HS. HS complained saying not to beat him anymore.

16:31 <HS> (reading comments) Wish Firefighters, Carter big success.

17:35 <HS> (To LSY) What are you doing right beside my face.. (as his face looks much bigger beside hers)

17:42 <JW> (To LSY) Noona, what is ‘JoMeJu’? (a short form phrase popular among young/online generation)

17:44 <LSY> Ah.. It’s “Is dinner menu good?”

17:46 <JW> aah..

17:47 <LSY> Aah..Don’t you even know something (easy) like this?

17-54 <JW> I heard it before.. but I forgot.

Hulk Saem was scolding JW for not knowing but when LSY asked him if he knew it he replied in negative. He was just having fun at Joo Won's expense.

18:04 <JW>- Noona, what are you going to take for dinner?

LSY bring out her dinner which is a vegetable sandwich.

18:12 <LSY> Should I share it with Joowonie.. He was saying he was hungry.

18:15 <JW> I would eat salad too.

They start talking about LSY’s vegetable sandwich that she brought from a store down stairs. She mentioned she’d try it for the first time. Joo Won said vegetable sandwich would be tasty. LSY said she’d share it with them.

18:53 <LSY> I didn’t eat much today.

18:55 <JW> Me too.. I went to dermatologist today. ((I could be wrong but he said something related to skin care center))

19:16 <JW> This is how we actors are trying to maintain our fitness.

19:24 <JW> Due to filming I couldn’t exercise much for some time. Now I have some free time so I started exercising from yesterday.

19:42 <JW> Many people seem to be curious about my hair but it’s a secret. It’s natural not to show before movie is out. That’s why I’m covering it. I hope you understand.

19:56 <LSY> You can do that.. you can take of your hat and use hair app..There are apps that creates different hair frame.. That way you don’t need to use the hat. Isn’t it a good idea? There are many kinds of hair styles available.

20:10 <HS> Joowona let’s do live like that..

20:13- <LSY> (To Joo Won) Noona does tiktok.. (take ideas from me).

Joo Won can’t help but laugh.. He said at 20:25 that we will probably be surprised when we see his hairstyle from movie Carter.

They move to next spot.

At 23:55 HS got curious about a comment but it was written in another language. So  Joo Won said at 24:02 that he couldn't recognise it and may be it was not different language written using English alphabets.

24:44 <HS> Did you see.. That’s actress Lee Si Young. She usually does more but she isn’t in good condition right now. She didn’t exercise much recently.

24:57 <JW> It was because Noona was busy with filming…

Hulk Saem forgot she had filming.

26:52 <HS> (Reading comments) I respect Lee Si Young Sister.

26:55 <HS> Joo Won Oppa what are you doing? He’s just stand standing behind.

Lee Si Young continued her exercising alone.

27:08 <JW> Hyung, why aren’t you helping Noona on her exercise?

27:11 <HS> I’m monitoring her from the screen.

But he was actually busy reading comments.

28:11 <LSY> (replying comments) We usually train for around 2 hours. 1.30 hours we do with Hulk Saem.

At 28:57 Hulk saem mistakenly asked Joo Won to talk to fans over phone but he actually meant Joo Won to read the comments and reply. So Joo Won jokingly said at 29:02  “Hello. The phone has been connected..”

29:45 <JW>  I will do it if I get a chance.. Vlive or something.

30:02 <JW>  I’m filming now. Aren’t I filming Carter..? CARTER.

30:31 <JW>  I can’t show my face here. Mask can’t be taken off here.

30:45 <JW>  How are you, guys?

30:45 <JW> (replying to question on Carter release date) Carter..by first half next year.. can’t really say exactly.

30:54 <JW> - Firefighters is most probably getting ready (to be released).

31:07 <HS> We will end live broadcast in 5 minutes.

31-09 <LSY> Noooooo… Don’t end.

31:25 <LSY> I will take his hat off.

31:30 <JW> Oh I feel like my hat moved!

32:02 <LSY> (replying to comments) Carter..

32:06 <LSY> ahh sadly only Joowonie is in Carter. Me and Hulk saem aren’t there.

32:14 <LSY> I love you too.. I don’t want to insta live to end too.

Joo Won started making heart above his head with hands. Lee Si Young asks him to do it again. And they started making fun gestures together for fans.

32:33 <JW> Here I’m (doing these things)… I don’t even do such things on my own live.

Everyone laughed at that. They say Good bye. Joo Won asks everyone to stay healthy and use face mask. And then Joo Won help Hulk Saem to find the close button because he seems to always forget its placing.

End

Note: Rough translation with limited Korean vocabulary. If you find any translation mistake feel free to let me know over at Soompi Joo Won Forum @flutterby06 or at my twitter account (@mooon_struck ) .

• Like 5
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

@flutterby06Thank you very much for the translations I was very curious about what he said on the live really joo won is a very fan of physical training I always see him there haha that makes me wonder if I will not have to do if I am not wrong in a part that is, in the post said that joo won lost a lot of muscle since he hasn't exercised lately but I don't really know what the coach is trying to say I see joo won's body very well there's no need to add much more muscle

• Like 3

Hey my Joowonites! 

Just wanted to drop by an invitation for our event - you can participate choosing Joo Won drama characters, maybe? :D 

Bored? Why not come and participate in The Soompi Survival Games? Try your luck and sign up here:

6e133a383bb72f4236671bffcf8ff867f4de4c79

Your Event organizers

@partyon  @Sleepy Owl  @confusedheart @agenth

• Like 4

On 10/17/2021 at 6:46 AM, Andrea Balcazar said:

@flutterby06Thank you very much for the translations I was very curious about what he said on the live really joo won is a very fan of physical training I always see him there haha that makes me wonder if I will not have to do if I am not wrong in a part that is, in the post said that joo won lost a lot of muscle since he hasn't exercised lately but I don't really know what the coach is trying to say I see joo won's body very well there's no need to add much more muscle

You're welcome @Andrea Balcazar.

Also wanted to clarify a bit JW didn't say he lost muscle what he said he wasn't able to train for sometime which is probably for busy filming schedules. Now that he has some free time he's back at spending time on gym. Coach didn't say much about JW's lack of exercise in this video.

Personaly I'm not a fan of muscle too. But what could be done when my favourite seems to be so in love with exercise. Though I don't really talk about it often but my sentiment is similar with yours regarding all these muscle building. 

In the end I'm sure we all are more concerned about Joo Won being a good person, healthy, happy and continue to doing best works and fun projects anyways. :blush:

17/10/2021 update-

Joo Won sang at a wedding event.. from what I heard it could be a event of Carter production staff member.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVHoZ95Jkm-/?utm_medium=copy_link

Whenever I listen Joo Won's 'IF I Were' it's never less heartfelt and sweet. This song warms my heart so much. :fullofhearts:

• Like 4

A very good day with a outstanding news for our Joo Won. :partyblob:

....News...

Joo Won, '6th Finance Day' Prime Minister's Commendation Recognized for good influence

Reporter Lee Kyung-ho

Input 2021. 10. 26. 15:19

20211026151912627twrh.jpg

Actor Joo Won./Photo=Reporter Hwiseon Kim hwijpg@

Actor Joo-won (Moon Jun-won) received the Prime Minister's Commendation at the 6th Financial Day commemoration ceremony.

Joo Won received the Prime Minister's Commendation for Savings and Investments at the 6th Finance Day commemoration ceremony held at the Post Tower conference room in Myeong-dong, Seoul on the morning of the 26th.

Joo Won was selected as the Prime Minister's Commendation in recognition of his contributions to society through steady public interest activities.

Meanwhile, Song Joong-ki received the Presidential Citation for Savings and Investments at the 6th Financial Day commemoration ceremony on the same day. In addition, a total of 176 people received medals and commendations in the three categories of innovation finance, savings and investment, and inclusive finance.

Copyrightsⓒ Star News (https://star.mt.co.kr) Unauthorized reproduction and redistribution prohibited

Source: https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20211026151911258

GOOGLE Translated News.

Congratulations to Moon Jun Won for achieving this honerable commendation from Prime Minister... :foryou:

Studio Santa Entertainment congratulated him on this occasion-

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVewkt_pXrL/?utm_medium=copy_link

And Joo Won shared it in his insta story.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVey-4vpdvz/?utm_medium=copy_link

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tongtong said:

@flutterby06 oh wow! Oh wow! Thanks muchly for sharing this news here. Very happy indeed for JW to be recognized for good influence. Makes my day! 
just curious, is this a yearly recognition affair in Korea? 

You're most welcome. 

This is a yearly event in Korea. And few celebrities also received recognition previous years. At the end of September this year there was an article on Joo Won being considered for this category. Finance Day in South Korea once use to be celebrated as savings day but later it became Finance Day. Probably because savings in a way find its way towards investment,finance and donation.

Anyways 26th October is celebrated as Finance Day now by Financial service commission of South Korea.

Some more details on why Joo Won is being recognised-

" Joo Won received the Prime Minister's Commendation in the 'Saving and Investment sector'. He is conducting donations and volunteer activities for patients with cerebral palsy, underprivileged children, and COVID-19 medical staff. "

Source: https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/416/0000276288

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1