[Variety] Good Sunday - Running Man 런닝맨

creaturedreams said: Why should the producers care about the ratings. Especially since the show wasn't always getting 2x% anyway. If you look at the earlier episodes there were many sitting within the same % as the past few weeks. Nothing to get all fussed about really. 

Hi, just drop off to give comment on the ratings issue.
Personally, I thought RM has been stale lately. They have been showing episodes which they only did simple games. I knew simplicity does wonder. But if they keep doing simple things every episode, then the show would become predictable. So the audience might think that there's nothing new to watch. They would likely to watch other shows like Real Men. 
As of the latest episode, like someone said, there was no bonding between the members. When they were supposed to unite to fight off the guests, they betrayed each other. Thus, making it a worse episode. Perhaps, the PD can bring back the old games like One Chance or Hide-and-Seek. This can bring a nostalgic feeling and at the same time re-bonding the members. Like someone said, the casts seemed to have less interactions nowadays. 
For the ratings, I think it will pick up soon once the PD can come up with new strategy. For now people might want to tune in to other relatively new shows. But once they grow tired of them, they will get back to RM.

I like SJH but I feel like for a good portion of the episodes she's always the last one remaining is because no member really goes after her. That's why in some of the episodes you just see her watching everyone else and looking for whatever.

The avengers episode could have been so good but just failed in all levels. Looks like there might be a part two. Maybe they're saving it for the anniversary episode.

Guest heartbreak_warfare22

I've been reading a lot of your posts regarding the Avengers episode and the ratings. I do agree that the PD's need something new to bring to the table to compete with new variety shows and yes, the Avengers episode was not up to par with previous ones. The PD's once said in an interview that ratings doesn't matter to them.
But personally, I enjoyed the Avengers episode. it might not be as funny as previous episodes but to me, it shows that the show is carried mainly by the cast and they are not driven by a formal script. I hope you get what I mean. Running man cast just went just as they always do, but agree that the betrayals must have a limit. from my POV, the cast dictated the pace and flow of the show. the cast decided on the betrayals, then that's what we saw, even if they were clearly was supposed to work as a team. the PD's somehow tried to salvage the Avengers episode at the ending by having the evaluations of Dong Fury and saying that there is a 2nd part of the Avengers special.
I adore Ji Hyo. she decided to battle Yoshihiro Akiyama (Choo Sung Hoon, I have and always be calling him Akiyama because I am a huge MMA fan) and requested to have Akiyama tie his left hand behind his back to be somewhat fair. As Gwangsoo mentioned in a press conference (they were dubbers in an animated film), Ji Hyo is like a weed, she will persist to the end. she would tend to do things on her own. that's just the kind of person she is. I do agree to some extent that she is last always during the name tag battle as she is a girl. in previous episodes she was always last to be out. but in older ones, as I remember, she has been out early in the race.

Guest syahrilaiyub

Wish they have chance to battle other cast, like RM VS barefoot friend, or RM vs 2D1N, for sure funny

This probably been discussed hear before but I'm tempted to put up my 2 cents worth of opinion. I think the War of Gods episode is much better than the Avenger episode. In the War of Gods, there are actual narration - exploring each God's superpower - there are also wist. I don't know what kind of original materials/footages they had, but I think the editing in Avengers episode was done choppy. There was no materials/footage on Kwangsoo and his power, Thor didn't get any action, We didn't get Black Mong and her Hulk transformation, KungFu Panda master just walks around. 

STREAM Asian Dream Cup 2013 LIVE

Stream Asian Dream Cup LIVE on 23 June 2013 at 4.55pm KST:

1.) http://www.zb8.com/pindao/shty/

2.) http://www.fengyunzhibo.com/tv/wuxingtiyu-7349005p.htm

3.) http://www.zhiboche.com/tv/shanghaitiyu.html

4.) http://live.pptv.com/list/sports_program

(Cre: 金鐘國台灣之家 FB)