[Variety] Good Sunday - Running Man 런닝맨

Guest Gloomy6

I know that we've all been very disappointed from this episode,even from the last couple of episodes.
But guys I guess it's better that we all get over it and look forward towards the bright side for the future episodes.
And klent
If he really can't use his strength on anyone the guys or the girls that is perfectly fine with me.He is being invited to a variety show not to one of his professional matches where he needs to show his strength.
And if there is really a danger of his license getting cancelled if he accidentally uses his strength,he should just refuse from being the guest in variety shows then.

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"“Running Man” Places Last in Ratings, Producer Doesn’t Care

The popular Sunday variety show SBS’ “Running Man” placed last in ratings for its June 16 episode, with 11.4% (Nielsen Korea). It was 0.1% behind its competition KBS’ ”1 Night, 2 Days,” which hit 11.5%. MBC’s Sunday variety show “Real Man” placed first among the timeslot for the three representative Sunday variety shows with 14.8%. The June 16 episode of “Running Man” was a “super hero” special in which the members dressed up as popular super hero characters and played the games with super hero “powers.”

In a phone interview with Newsen, producer Jo Hyo Jin said, “I haven’t paid a lot of attention to the ratings. Sometimes it’s like this and sometimes it’s like that. I think we just need to keep doing what we’ve been doing.”

Previously, many people have voiced the opinion that “Barefoot Friends,” starringKang Ho Dong and many others and airs right before “Running Man” on SBS, is bringing “Running Man” down along with its own flagging ratings. Regarding this Jo Hyo Jin said, “I don’t think that matters.  It’s something we have to do well ourselves,” showing his focus and responsibility for his own show. 

The upcoming episode of “Running Man” will feature guests Jung Woo SungHan Hyo Joo, and 2PM’Junho. The ratings game is a tight one so fans will have to see who rises to the top next Sunday. 

Guest tennis

"...I think we just need to keep doing what we've been doing," said producer Jo Hyo Jin.

Well, what you've been doing is recently not working. he should have said, "i think we just need to continue improving the show and not worrying about the rating."

looking forward for this sunday!

I know that we've all been very disappointed from this episode,even from the last couple of episodes.

But guys I guess it's better that we all get over it and look forward towards the bright side for the future episodes.

And klent

If he really can't use his strength on anyone the guys or the girls that is perfectly fine with me.He is being invited to a variety show not to one of his professional matches where he needs to show his strength.

And if there is really a danger of his license getting cancelled if he accidentally uses his strength,he should just refuse from being the guest in variety shows then.

Gary is an 8th Dan black belt his entire body is licensed. Kim Jong look is 5th Dan black belt his entire body is licensed. In fact, Gary's body is a registered weapon.

Those two have stricter rules to follow , doesn't stop them from being in the show does it? You know why? Because they are disciplined. They can in fact do stuff like name tag tearing against a girl and not use their strength.

Yes it variety that's why I said the battle is not real. and even within the variety context, It is still not real because he cant fight her the way he would a guyl. The guy would never in his life be anywhere but gentle on SJH

Guest shkwords

@klent friend, what I'm trying to say is that SJH didn't gives up easily. That her nature. That's why she wanted to have a match with CSH, rather than just turn her back and gives her nametag to CSH. But of course knowing CSH's strength could cripple her, so she asked him to use one hand. And I know one hand is already more than enough for CSH to hurt JH if he wanted to. The highlight here I admire JH's stand. She knew she would lose but at least she lose with dignity.

shkwords said: @klent friend, what I'm trying to say is that SJH didn't gives up easily. That her nature. That's why she wanted to have a match with CSH, rather than just turn her back and gives her nametag to CSH. But of course knowing CSH's strength could cripple her, so she asked him to use one hand. And I know one hand is already more than enough for CSH to hurt JH if he wanted to. The highlight here I admire JH's stand. She knew she would lose but at least she lose with dignity.

Guest shkwords

klent said: shkwords said: @klent friend, what I'm trying to say is that SJH didn't gives up easily. That her nature. That's why she wanted to have a match with CSH, rather than just turn her back and gives her nametag to CSH. But of course knowing CSH's strength could cripple her, so she asked him to use one hand. And I know one hand is already more than enough for CSH to hurt JH if he wanted to. The highlight here I admire JH's stand. She knew she would lose but at least she lose with dignity.

Guest creaturedreams

Why should the producers care about the ratings. Especially since the show wasn't always getting 2x% anyway. If you look at the earlier episodes there were many sitting within the same % as the past few weeks. Nothing to get all fussed about really. 

Guest shyla_guccis

Hi running man fans and that definitely includes me.   ;)Just dropping by to convey my insight about the issues on continuous decline of ratings especially on the last episode.  :)>-
The very first time I watched this variety was when they had Suzy (also include Sulli and the others..sorry, I don't know their names) as their guest. I was totally hooked up and even started watching the 1st episode. What made it differ from other variety programs was the stability of every characters. It was a mixture of entertainment, competition, travel series and talk-show in just one show. As the show progressed, the episodes' format changed (and it was really good to capture the audiences' interest) as well as the portrayal of the casts. This made it popular even outside their country and boosted high their ratings.
However, the recent episode had a tremendous dropped in rating. At first, it really was entertaining with just the appearance of the main casts. They lifted up the atmosphere just being their selves and acting as heroes. The problem arised when lots of guests appeared without a clear mission for them as well as for the running man members. It became more like a competition between themselves. Worst, was when the head-to-head match were both guests. No wonder they added additional scene of Lee Kwang Soo with Dong Wan.
Overall, we can't really judge the popularity of the show with just a dropped of rating in one of its episodes. Audiences will continue to watch them because of the creativity of the writers/PDs, entertaining casts and well-defined episode. It doesn't really necessary to changed the format of the show but for the writers/PDs to be more imaginative/creative in every episodes. It's a plus factor to have some guests, but I personally like episodes that showcase the characteristics and personalities of the 7 members of RM.  :)>-

Guest guccigal

Littlezaznangel said: this episode was a bit boring..
about the running man guest.. I'm kind of annoyed of the fact that they only invite well established stars to this program. Also the fact that its almost always the same guest...
I really want to see some rookie actors & idols come into the show. There are so many of them I would love to see in this program. But since running man is a well known show it's going to be hard to get rookies on this show. When they can get someone in the A list crowd to get a lot of views benefiting the show and the guest.
Out of 150 episodes I would have to say that there was only one episode that featured rookie idols. They didnt come as guest but more like a short cameo appearance. ( The zombie episode )

finally able to finished with subs, I would say I enjoyed watching ep.150, I agree on some insights and comments here, about being 1 vs 1 they should come up with team RM avengers heroes vs team korean heroes isn't it?
it was such hilarious because their powers was so epic failed yet funny, like for instance Gary, his spiderman hahah I was like hahah the spider web came out failed! feels like watching heroes bloopers!
Haha is also an epic failed hahhaha they should have put the guests joined the games beforehand.
I want some battle action like RM team vs team guests as well, 

Guest Gloomy6

I really wish that they invite Shinhwa on Running man.I bet it wiill be a very hilarious episode.
I really want Shinhwa on running man.Ahhh!

Just want to express my opinion here. I think the problem with RM lately is that the PDs are trying to hard, it became too complicated, their game concept sometimes hard to grasp even by the experienced RM casts, even more for the guest. It also doesn't help when the PDs just giving the basic explanation and just let the cast "do their thing".

Like last episode, the PDs just like: its a superhero episode,heres your outfit,this is your ability,now get in there and eliminate everyone. So, gary started to throw his web to the opponent, then what ? the opponent doesn't know what the web for, i don't even think gary knew exactly how his "power" work for sure. I think it would be more interesting if they knew what the opponent "power" are and what it can do to them, so they could find a way around it, instead of just running away from it aimlessly. Of course at the end they finally know what the opponent could do, but by that time its already too late.

How exactly do they expect the viewers to enjoy their game concept, when the cast itself doesn't really get it about how the concept goes. And personally i enjoyed running man more when they're not running...

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" (Leonardo da Vinci)

class="headline" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; "Han Hyo Joo talks about side effects of 'Running Man'By Lee Mi-Ji | StarN via sg.yahoo

Han Hyo Joo talked about side effects of 'Running Man'.

On June 19th, a media day event of movie 'The Watchers' was held at a restaurant in Dosun-dong of Seoul, and Seol Kyung Gu, Jung Woo Sung, Han Hyo Joo, Lee Jun Ho, directors Cho Eui Seok, and Kim Byung Seo attended.

During the event, Han Hyo Joo said about appearing on SBS 'Running Man', "There are no scenarios or scripts for that show. I could not believe that the members were going through it every week."

She went on, "I was only a one-day guest, and it was still very exhausting. It's been a week since I had the shooting, and my whole body is still aching."

Lee Jun Ho also said, "We had to find and turn off over 100 hidden cameras, and it was very tiring. But, I had to do my best, because Jung Woo Sung did his best."

On the other hand, movie 'The Watchers' will be released on June 4th.

Edit: is there something wrong with the spoiler tag?

Just want to express my opinion here. I think the problem with RM lately is that the PDs are trying to hard, it became too complicated, their game concept sometimes hard to grasp even by the experienced RM casts, even more for the guest. It also doesn't help when the PDs just giving the basic explanation and just let the cast "do their thing".

Like last episode, the PDs just like: its a superhero episode,heres your outfit,this is your ability,now get in there and eliminate everyone. So, gary started to throw his web to the opponent, then what ? the opponent doesn't know what the web for, i don't even think gary knew exactly how his "power" work for sure. I think it would be more interesting if they knew what the opponent "power" are and what it can do to them, so they could find a way around it, instead of just running away from it aimlessly. Of course at the end they finally know what the opponent could do, but by that time its already too late.

How exactly do they expect the viewers to enjoy their game concept, when the cast itself doesn't really get it about how the concept goes. And personally i enjoyed running man more when they're not running...

personally i liked the fact that nobody knew each other's powers. there's a surprise element to it. Gary & JS were even able to trick CSH bc he had no idea what ripping off their nametags would do. plus it would be pointless if everyone knew that in order to get rid of Gary all u had to do was detach the web or that u only need Changsung out to get rid of the 2pm Twins.

Guest rntheatre

adeleyam

wrote:

»

Spoiler: Han Hyo Joo talks about side effects of 'Running Man'By Lee Mi-Ji | StarN via sg.yahoo<br />

Han Hyo Joo talked about side effects of 'Running Man'.<br />

<br />

On June 19th, a media day event of movie 'The Watchers' was held at a restaurant in Dosun-dong of Seoul, and Seol Kyung Gu, Jung Woo Sung, Han Hyo Joo, Lee Jun Ho, directors Cho Eui Seok, and Kim Byung Seo attended.<br />

<br />

During the event, Han Hyo Joo said about appearing on SBS 'Running Man', "There are no scenarios or scripts for that show. I could not believe that the members were going through it every week."<br />

<br />

She went on, "I was only a one-day guest, and it was still very exhausting. It's been a week since I had the shooting, and my whole body is still aching."<br />

<br />

Lee Jun Ho also said, "We had to find and turn off over 100 hidden cameras, and it was very tiring. But, I had to do my best, because Jung Woo Sung did his best."<br />

<br />

On the other hand, movie 'The Watchers' will be released on June 4th. <br />

<br />

Edit: is there something wrong with the spoiler tag?

Guest browsing

flowerbejo said: Just want to express my opinion here. I think the problem with RM lately is that the PDs are trying to hard, it became too complicated, their game concept sometimes hard to grasp even by the experienced RM casts, even more for the guest. It also doesn't help when the PDs just giving the basic explanation and just let the cast "do their thing".