[Variety] Good Sunday - Running Man 런닝맨

Guest blank_blank_cuti3

Anybody have the ratings for yesterday's episode?! I can't believe SBS Sunday ratings have gone down so much! It's scary! Lately, I feel like the episodes have been lacking that touch the show has before and it seems repetitive with some of the games. The members don't seem to talk as much either...but maybe it's just me...LOL.. Nonetheless, I still watch it though bc I love them and have been following the show since the very beginning.

blank_blank_cuti3 said: Anybody have the ratings for yesterday's episode?! I can't believe SBS Sunday ratings have gone down so much! It's scary! Lately, I feel like the episodes have been lacking that touch the show has before and it seems repetitive with some of the games. The members don't seem to talk as much either...but maybe it's just me...LOL.. Nonetheless, I still watch it though bc I love them and have been following the show since the very beginning.

Variety

5:00 PM

1. MBC Dad! Where Are We Going? 15.1
2. MBC Real Man 14.8
3. KBS 1 Night 2 Days 11.5
4. SBS Running Man 11.4
5. KBS Mamma Mia 5.4
6. SBS Barefooted Friends 4.6
source Enews
via MC Forum
"In the 150th episode, they played the Avengers and they were supposed to be tested and trained if they were ready to save the world. In the last game, they were asked to battle each other but guests came to battle them.

It was an opportunity for the members to work together to battle what is arguably the strongest set of guests to ever set foot on RM. They didn’t. The members ended up battling each other out which clearly demonstratesd what RM has become, a competition-oriented show.

Like the Avengers in movies and comics, their individual powers weren’t a match to the strength of their opponents but they would have been unbeatable together. Unfortunately, none of them had the sense to bring their regular members together and say “We need to work together and beat them. Then we can fight each other.” Instincts which they have developed after years of competing forced them to turn against each other.

Some rechanneling is needed."

click here an objective analysis of Running Man's ratings drop 

the ratings is going down week by week :(( even the big star guest can't help much..i dont know if the PDs care and noticed how some viewers keep complais about the repetitive games and many things happened recently in RM..they should bring out some fresh idea and please dont keep reuse the same game..im getting sick of it.. [-O<

WHAAAT?!!! :-O their ratings went down again last night?! I just can't believe it.. Though it's true that some of the episodes have same games esp. the Ddakji specials, I still find it funny.. If the new shows from other stations have new concepts then it's time for RM to re-conceptualize.. SBS, running man PDs and writers, please do something about this! I don't want Running Man to end...   :(( :(:(( Not now, not until forever!!! PLEAAASSSSEEEEE!!!! :(( :(:((

klent said: Variety

5:00 PM

1. MBC Dad! Where Are We Going? 15.1
2. MBC Real Man 14.8
3. KBS 1 Night 2 Days 11.5
4. SBS Running Man 11.4
5. KBS Mamma Mia 5.4
6. SBS Barefooted Friends 4.6
source Enews
via MC Forum
"In the 150th episode, they played the Avengers and they were supposed to be tested and trained if they were ready to save the world. In the last game, they were asked to battle each other but guests came to battle them.

It was an opportunity for the members to work together to battle what is arguably the strongest set of guests to ever set foot on RM. They didn’t. The members ended up battling each other out which clearly demonstratesd what RM has become, a competition-oriented show.

Like the Avengers in movies and comics, their individual powers weren’t a match to the strength of their opponents but they would have been unbeatable together. Unfortunately, none of them had the sense to bring their regular members together and say “We need to work together and beat them. Then we can fight each other.” Instincts which they have developed after years of competing forced them to turn against each other.

Some rechanneling is needed."

click here an objective analysis of Running Man's ratings drop 

Guest Gloomy6

I myself am a very big fan of running man.I like every one of them so much.And I just started watching running man 2 months ago.
I too did watch the yesterday's episode raw.And seriously I was disappointed.
I was like yelling on the screen for them to work together and was so disappointed.
And seriously stop inviting MMAs every time.I was pissed off.
Of course they are gonna win most likely using their strength.
To see the ratings going down was so heart breaking.
They should really re-conceptualize and for a while just stop inviting any guests please.
I believe that our running man cast need more interactions and screen time among themselves.

at the risk of sounding like a total @ss... let's be real here. 
the battle of sjh and Choo Seung Hoon is not real. Choo Seung Hoon could have torn that name tag in less than 3 seconds without using any of his arms or hand if he weren't bound by the limitations of general rules social decorum like "never ever hurt a girl" in any situation, shape or form. 
Choo Seung Hoon is a pro MMA fighter. that guy is trained to hit to knock down opponents. if he, in so much as touch SJH, he will not only lose his license to fight, he will face legal charges and international castigation. he could have nudged sjh, pin her and tear off that tag with his mouth but he didn't. he can't nudge her. he can't pin her, he can't even hold her by the arm. 
the fact is that in those 1 on 1, sjh will always have the advantage because men CANNOT, SHOULD NOT and WILL NOT use their strength on her while she is allowed to use her strength on them. men will always prioritize being gentle on her even if they lose because losing in a nametag tearing contest is so much better than being called "ungenttleman" or be known as someone who hurts a woman for a game especially in Korea. 
that's why she is always the last one standing. they will not get her in the beginning. they'd avoid having a confrontation with as much as possible. even the current regulars of RM avoid confronting her. 
that's why 1N2D and IC never got female members. In FO, the women were never pitied against men, it was always Yejin vs Hyori. 
so... no... i wasn't excited. i was excited with the final match though. too bad neither is RM member. 

Guest zoddguts

It's also partly in fault of Barefoot. It's ratings are terrible making it a bad lead in for Running Man, since people are tuning out of the channel when Barefoot is on. SBS is going to have make a decision soon with Barefoot, ever since the show started the show has been affecting RM ratings. 

Guest Gloomy6

Klent I do agree with what you've said.
In fact I was thinking the exact same thing after watching yesterday's episode.
I do like their main name tearing tag but to be honest RM should be about comedy and variety but for the many last episodes they have turned running man's almost all types of games based on strength or what not especially the name tearing one.Instead of fun it's just being turned out to be the stronger the winner.
And SJH herself cannot help it.She is not some athlete.She is an actress first and foremost and just based on that image she is quite good in games and stuff.
What can she do if they keep inviting MMAs and pros and all to the show.It's a given she cannot win against them and I'm sure she herself being the female member feel helpless about it.Actually it really gets boring with such guests.

klent said: at the risk of sounding like a total @ss... let's be real here. 
the battle of sjh and Choo Seung Hoon is not real. Choo Seung Hoon could have torn that name tag in less than 3 seconds without using any of his arms or hand if he weren't bound by the limitations of general rules social decorum like "never ever hurt a girl" in any situation, shape or form. 
Choo Seung Hoon is a pro MMA fighter. that guy is trained to hit to knock down opponents. if he, in so much as touch SJH, he will not only lose his license to fight, he will face legal charges and international castigation. he could have nudged sjh, pin her and tear off that tag with his mouth but he didn't. he can't nudge her. he can't pin her, he can't even hold her by the arm. 
the fact is that in those 1 on 1, sjh will always have the advantage because men CANNOT, SHOULD NOT and WILL NOT use their strength on her while she is allowed to use her strength on them. men will always prioritize being gentle on her even if they lose because losing in a nametag tearing contest is so much better than being called "ungenttleman" or be known as someone who hurts a woman for a game especially in Korea. 
that's why she is always the last one standing. they will not get her in the beginning. they'd avoid having a confrontation with as much as possible. even the current regulars of RM avoid confronting her. 
that's why 1N2D and IC never got female members. In FO, the women were never pitied against men, it was always Yejin vs Hyori. 
so... no... i wasn't excited. i was excited with the final match though. too bad neither is RM member. 

Guest tennis

zoddguts said: It's also partly in fault of Barefoot. It's ratings are terrible making it a bad lead in for Running Man, since people are tuning out of the channel when Barefoot is on. SBS is going to have make a decision soon with Barefoot, ever since the show started the show has been affecting RM ratings. 

Guest tennis

Gloomy6 said: I myself am a very big fan of running man.I like every one of them so much.And I just started watching running man 2 months ago.
I too did watch the yesterday's episode raw.And seriously I was disappointed.
I was like yelling on the screen for them to work together and was so disappointed.
And seriously stop inviting MMAs every time.I was pissed off.
Of course they are gonna win most likely using their strength.
To see the ratings going down was so heart breaking.
They should really re-conceptualize and for a while just stop inviting any guests please.
I believe that our running man cast need more interactions and screen time among themselves.

Guest blank_blank_cuti3

I didn't see the raw episode yesterday, but I kinda agree that Running Man PD needs to work on the "team" part of this show. But it'll be a challenge because at this time all of the team members are all in it for themself...if someone acts too different from their Running Man character, they'll be suspected as traitor or something else is up...However, it is NEEDED! Because the show is getting soo predictable and I sense a lack of teamwork too and they don't talk as much as before either, which is worrisome when it is a variety show first and for most. If it's not funny and the concept becomes repetitive, no one will watch the show. Three years have passed... and this is a turning point for the show and I think some reformatting will definitely help...If you guys watch Ep.1 vs. yesterday's episode, the format of the show has been modified alot! And I think it'll be good to do another change!

Also, I agree that Barefoot does bring the rating down for Running Man too because the rating wasn't as bad before Barefoot premier...However, the problem still exists with Running Man...Having Barefoot low rating doesn't help either...

Runningman Avenger episode is an epic fail..lol..YJS screwed everybody over..they should join force first and fight together to get rid of others..but it all messed up..urghh..all the guests are too strong and only KJK or Gary can match with them in term of strength..and i would expect some fight action scene but unfortunately he died boringly..lol..
Jihyo and Sukjin power were pretty cool..and i love when sukjin turn into Hulk..lol..while Gary and KJK power are useless..at the end,the guests fight each other without any RM members:(( totally failure for RM team..iskk3..