Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

Guest valley girl

Btw, I think you hit the nail on the head with the Maggie Cheung comments. I also regard her highly as an actress.

Maggie Cheung is a Great Actress that's why until now she's offered many roles.. please if only pretty i am prefering hollywood actress.if Smart choose Natalie portman please, if Sexy why not Jessica Alba , at least they are 100% original .. acting skill cannot be Plastic surgeried

ermm.. to me ye jin is a super versatile actress. I prefer someone who looks fine *at least bearable* and can act at the same time rather than a stunning angel who cant act. The latter can really pissed me off.. seriously.. they made me yawn till no enddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd!

Btw, i do not know what other ppl are seeing but i think ye jin is a very attractive girl IMO.. ;)

mee too i am absolutely agree there's many people so hyperbole about some Pretty actress but can't act.

said that they are Pretty and talented but actually not!!!!! their movie flopped please even when they played with a high talented actor or actress

sharing is joy!!! thanks as usual SG!

Keep on SYJ-sharing!

6000111930_20081020.JPG

2008102117541736947_180041_0.jpghtm_20081020185448a000a010-002.JPG

2008102117114399270_171608_0.jpg

2008101907300111101_151600_2.jpg

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

....plus an article. hope someone translate.

[생방송 드라마 무한도전①] 新풍속도 BEST 4

2008102008122577710_110313_0.jpg

[스포츠동아]

쪽대본에 밤샘 촬영… 배우 퀵배달도…

《‘쪽대본’과 방송 직전 편집 등으로 상징되는 한국 드라마의 제작환경은 개선되지 않은 채 악화하고 있다. 국내 드라마의 고질병으로 인식되면서 항상 경계대상으로 거론되어온 이 같은 제작환경은 ‘생방송 드라마’라는 말까지 낳았다. 그 만큼 제작현장의 분위기도 바뀌었다. 노트북 컴퓨터가 촬영장 필수품으로 등장하는가 하면 오토바이 등의 이색 교통수단을 이용해 촬영장을 오가는 배우들도 등장했다. ‘스포츠동아’가 ‘생방송 드라마’가 만들어낸 촬영장 신풍속도를 들여다봤다. 또 현장의 목소리를 통해 현 제작환경을 진단하는 한편 방영을 한 달여 앞둔 방송 3사의 주요 드라마 준비 상황을 점검했다.》

환경이 바뀌면 이에 재빠르게 적응하는 게 인간의 속성이다. ‘생방송 드라마’ 현장에서도 ‘피할 수 없으면 익숙해지라’는 교훈을 몸소 실천하는 배우와 제작진 그리고 시청자들이 공존한다.

‘생방송 드라마’의 등장이 만들어낸 촬영장의 신(新) 풍속도를 4가지 유형으로 나눴다. 급박하게 진행되는 촬영현장에 지능적으로 적응한 영리한 배우들부터 촬영장 밖에서 제작진을 지원하는 애청자들까지 사례가 다양하다.

1. 덧칠분장

“지울 시간없다 화장위에 화장”

‘얼굴이 유화도 아닌데….’ 배우 손예진은 5월부터 MBC 드라마 ‘스포트라이트’를 촬영하는 두 달 동안 남모를 고충을 겪었다. 방영일자에 쫓겨 밤샘촬영을 계속한 탓에 분장을 고칠 여유를 갖지 못했다. 자연히 화장을 한 얼굴에 여러 차례 덧칠을 하는 방법으로 카메라 앞에 나설 수밖에 없었다. 촬영 당시 만난 손예진은 “꼬박 이틀 동안 화장을 지우지 못하고 덧칠만 하기도 했다”며 “촬영이 급하게 진행되고 있어 예쁜 얼굴과 깨끗한 피부는 욕심내지 않는다”고 털어놓았다.

여배우는 늘 외모를 가꾸고 싶어 한다. 하지만 ‘스포트라이트’는 마지막회 방영을 불과 6시간 앞두고 촬영이 끝날 정도로 빠듯한 일정으로 진행된 탓에 손예진은 매끈한 피부를 과감히 포기했다.

2. 급할땐 ‘퀵 오토바이’

“차보다 빠르다…안전은 나중에”

드라마 촬영장에 낱장으로 날아오는 ‘쪽대본’으로 가장 난감한 경우는 야외촬영 때이다. 장소섭외부터 배우와 제작진의 이동에 시간이 오래 걸리기 때문이다.

배우 남상미를 스타덤에 올린 MBC 드라마 ‘달콤한 스파이’는 작품성과 인기라는 두 마리 토끼를 잡았지만 촬영장은 쪽대본으로 몸살을 앓았다. 급하게 잡힌 야외촬영이 있을 때면 남상미는 이동을 위해 자신의 차량 대신 퀵서비스 오토바이를 이용했다. 촉박한 촬영 시간으로 인해 이동시간을 최소화하기 위한 선택이었다.

안전성이 떨어지는 오토바이에까지 몸을 실을 정도로 열정을 보인 남상미는 이런 노력 덕분에 ‘달콤한 스파이’를 통해 ‘얼짱’ 연예인 이미지 대신 배우로 인정받기 시작했다.

3. 노트북을 켜라

“이메일 쪽대본 받고 바로 큐!”

드라마 촬영장과는 어울리지 않는 노트북 컴퓨터와 무선인터넷 카드가 필수품으로 등장한 것도 바로 ‘생방송 드라마’에 대처하기 위한 배우들의 자구책 때문이다. 촬영장에서 대본이 나오기만을 기다리는 배우들에게 작가들은 이메일로 쪽대본을 보내고 이를 무선인터넷으로 받아 곧바로 촬영을 시작하는 식이다.

이동하는 자동차 안에서도 빠르게 이메일 확인이 가능하기 때문에 배우들은 촬영장에 나설 때면 노트북 컴퓨터와 무선인터넷 카드를 잊지 않고 챙긴다. 한 연기자 매니저는 “과거에는 촬영장 인근 PC방을 찾아 이메일로 배달된 대본을 프린트하기도 했지만 요즘에는 노트북을 소지해 더욱 손쉽게 대본을 받는다”고 귀띔했다.

4. 베개·칫솔 필수품

“밤샘촬영 일쑤… 잠자리 챙겨라”

‘생방송 드라마’와 밤샘촬영은 뗄 수 없는 관계를 이룬다. 때로는 며칠밤을 새는 강행군이 이어진다. 이에 맞춰 등장하는 필수품이 바로 목 베개, 방한점퍼 등이다.

김아중은 KBS 2TV 일일극 ‘별난 남자 별난 여자’ 촬영 도중 밤샘촬영 횟수가 늘자 방한 점퍼 100벌을 제작진에게 선물하기도 했다. 또 인기리에 방영 중인 MBC 드라마 ‘베토벤 바이러스’ 주인공 김명민은 계속되는 밤샘촬영으로 귀가하지 못하는 제작진 모두에게 전동칫솔을 선물해 화제를 모았다.

이해리 기자 gofl1024@donga.com

More gorgeous Son Ye Jin pics to share.

img] 2626_1.jpg

img] 2.jpg

naver

img] cocochoi200810202104530.jpg

hankooki.com

img]http://news.joins.com/component/htmlphoto_mmdata/200810/htm_20081020185448a000a010-001.JPG

joins.com

wish i had her hair. lurve how it's curl down and long....

beautiful girl!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ilyo News conducted a roadside survey at the 13th PIFF venue. Festival participants were asked to select the 'Best domestic movie actor and actress', 'Best Movie Director' and 'Most promising movie star'.

There are 10 nominees for each of the 'Best domestic movie actor and actress' category, and a total of 9,375 participated in this questionaire.

%7Boption%7D20081017163020.866.0.jpg[/img

Best Domestic Movie Actress

1. Jeon Do Yeon - 765 votes

2. Kim Hye Su - 740 votes

3. Lee Na Yeong - 565 votes

4. Kim Tae Hee - 425 votes

5. Son Ye Jin - 385 votes

Best Domestic Movie Actor

1. Lee Byung Hun - 970 votes

2. Song Kang Ho - 810 votes

3. Jang Dong Gun - 690 votes

4. Seol Kyung Gu - 630 votes

5. Lee Bum Soo - 535 votes

Source http://newslink.media.daum.net/news/20081017163021502

Guest valley girl

yeah this onnie deserved to got that most of those actress in big five has big skill acting

anyway have you seen 2 husband trailer ?? Wow so cool... i wanna watch it

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: The Korea Herald 2008.10.23

[movie REVIEW] 'My Wife' celebrates bigamy

She is cool, diligent and sexy. But her real specialty is juggling her time -- between two husbands.

"My Wife Got Married (Ane-ga Gyeolhon Haeta)," directed by Jung Yun-su, appears to center upon an irresistibly attractive female character who can manage two marriages at the same time, but Korean audiences, especially men, might think otherwise.

The refreshingly provocative movie, adapted from a best-selling novel of the same title by Park Hyun-wook, presents a heroine named In-ah (played by Son Ye-jin), a hardworking programmer who has no intention, at least initially, of getting married. Her life gets complicated when she encounters Deok-hoon (Kim Joo-hyuck), a former colleague, in the subway.

200810220029.gif

▲"My Wife Got Married"

It turns out that the two are huge soccer fans who love to spend hours talking about the European leagues and major players, throwing in all the mind-boggling statistics. Deok-hoon instantly falls in love with In-ah, which is hardly surprising. What's surprising, though, is In-ah's smooth seduction. Her punch line: "Why don't you come inside and have a cup of coffee?" Naturally, coffee at her house - which is filled with numerous used books (whose collection is her hobby) -- leads to something steamier, dragging Deok-hoon into the path of full-blown romantic passion.

So far, so good. Deok-hoon believes he's finally found a soul mate. The sex is also great. But he is made increasingly antsy by her mobile phone always being off. Her frequent boozing doesn't help, not to mention not coming home until early in the morning. Deok-hoon's anxiety gets out of hand when he imagines she's offering a cup of coffee to another man.

In Korea, there is an old saying that marriage is the tomb of all the love affairs. Deok-hoon, reminded of this great wisdom by a close friend, decides to end all possibility of In-ah having relationships with other men by proposing to her.

Tenacious courtship by Deok-hoon finally bears fruit in the middle of the wild crowd cheering for the Korean squad in the 2002 Korea-Japan World Cup finals. As the Korean team makes it to the quarterfinals, Deok-hoon finally gets what he wants: monogamy with In-ah.

Yet the sweet honeymoon period does not last long, particularly for Deok-hoon. One day, she declares that she's going to get married to another man. Dumfounded, Deok-hoon asks her again and again about her real intentions. But In-ah remains firm. She has found a new love, but she does not want to give up on her current relationship, either.

For most Korean men accustomed to male-oriented culture, In-ah's proposal is both preposterous and rebellious, to the extent of attempting to shake up the entire traditional family structure. That's how Deok-hoon reacts to the double play of his wife. But this also raises a question about whether he is applying a double standard.

Aside from the legitimacy and effectiveness of polyandry in Korea, it has long been reported that many Korean men are no strangers to polygamy. Back in the Joseon period, having second or third wife was not only possible but also socially acceptable for the upper class.

In modern Korea, men still venture out to form alternative relationship outside of marriage. In some cases, they get away with having a long-term affair. Their wives know for years that their husbands are cheating, but they never get divorced, citing children and other excuses. This might well be seen as a mutation of polygamy, but wayward husbands probably care little about such moral complications.

"My Wife Got Married" will certainly come as an eye-opening shocker for Korean men who secretly desire adulterous relationships and still espouse the patriarchal family system. The marriage system in this movie is apparently unrealistic, but all the emotions -- jealousy, helplessness, desire for spreading genes -- are unexpectedly realistic.

The great puzzle is In-ah's ability to love the two men equally. She's faithful to them at the same time, doing all the household chores and taking care of their emotional instability. In contrast, Deok-hoon believes that such multitasking is neither possible nor desirable. But Deok-hoon is also helpless because it is In-ah who calls the shots -- a reversal that will give a liberating feeling to female viewers, most, if not all, of whom have been brought up under a male-oriented family system.

"My Wife Got Married," which opens today nationwide, also showcases Son Ye-jin's disarming smile and natural beauty, and Kim Joo-hyuck's dedicated portrayal of a Korean husband who is poor at multitasking.

By Yang Sung-jin

(insight@heraldm.com)

It's raining Ye Jin!!! I like it!! XD XD

>>> http://imgnews.naver.com/image/263/2008/10/21/2.jpg

^^I saw this mirror somewhere the other day & I was totally gonna buy it & now I wish I had!!

Maggie Cheung is a Great Actress that's why until now she's offered many roles.. please if only pretty i am prefering hollywood actress.if Smart choose Natalie portman please, if Sexy why not Jessica Alba , at least they are 100% original .. acting skill cannot be Plastic surgeried

mee too i am absolutely agree there's many people so hyperbole about some Pretty actress but can't act.

said that they are Pretty and talented but actually not!!!!! their movie flopped please even when they played with a high talented actor or actress

^I'm not sure which actresses you are referring to but let's cut them some slack. You should never blame ONE single person for the failure of a movie just the same as you can't credit one single person for the success of a movie. There are so many more elements that go into it.

Son Ye Jin is, IMO, a very good actress but she herself has some underachieving works in her resume, too. But does that mean she is a bad actress? No. I'm sure we've all seen a TV series or a film where the plot/dialogue/storyline is so bad that not even the best actors in the world could've saved it!

I think "pretty" actresses (I think most actresses are pretty in some way or another!) already have alot working against them as soon as they set foot in the industry, it's like they have something "extra" to prove. In a way it's unfair because it's not really their fault they were born w/ great genes (haterism alert!), some have never attended acting schools & are thrown straight into the deep end so really, like any other human being, they should be given the chance in the early stages to make mistakes. Maggie Cheung has been acting for 20years & yeah she's superb now but not even she was top-notch in her earliest days w/ TVB.

Guest Seoul GC man

Son Ye Jin Film2.0 Weekly magazine pics

More breathtaking Son Ye Jin pics to share. I had to go through extreme length to find these pics. But, it was all worth it. Enjoy!!!

20081022F2_1.jpg

20081022F2_2.jpg

20081022F2_3.jpg

20081022F2_4.jpg

20081022F2_5.jpg

kdramafanusa, thanks for posting the 'My wife got married' movie review.

Finally, her new movie will be shown all over SK tomorrow (23rd Oct). I'm sure everyone will be flocking to the cinema/theatre tomorrow to see her back on the BIG screen. She will simply mesmerise the audiences once again with a stellar performance.

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: VARIETY

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117994440.html

It’s the ‘Moment’ for CBS Films

'Remember' gets English-language remake

By PATRICK FRATER

TOKYO — Sobini Films topper Mark Amin is making an English-language version of Korean-Japanese melodrama "A Moment to Remember" at CBS Films.

Sobini has a first-look deal with Lionsgate, where Amin is chairman and a major investor. CBS Films stepped in after Lionsgate turned down the pic.

Screenplay, which revolves around learning to live with Alzheimer’s disease, is to be penned by "Erin Brockovich" scribe Susannah Grant.

"It is earnest but sweet, and that is very hard to find," Amin told Daily Variety after a Tokyo Film Festival seminar attended by some 200 bizzers. "There is no schedule yet; we’ve only just hired the writer."

Project has a complicated genesis. Original material was a Japanese TV series, "Pure Soul," produced in 2001 for Yomiuri TV.

Korean language remake rights were sold to leading production house Sidus FNH, which co-financed with CJ Entertainment a John H. Lee-helmed movie that was released locally in 2004.

Launched in 2007, CBS Films aims to develop and produce four to six movies a year with budgets of up to $50 million per film.

Guest kdramafanusa

Capture of SBS 'TV Entertainment' (episode 195) 2008-10-22

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=sonye...0063&page=1

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=sonye...0062&page=1

~~

Don't think we have seen this poster yet. :)

viewimage1acccc8vx4.jpg

from dcgall

another picture from MovieWeek website (SYJ & KJH are on the cover)

0949500461b519a0ir0.jpg

Finally, her new movie will be shown all over SK tomorrow (23rd Oct). I'm sure everyone will be flocking to the cinema/theatre tomorrow to see her back on the BIG screen.

According to papers, My Wife Got Married ranked #1 on various Advance Ticket Sales sites. :)

Ticket Link (45.13%), Interpark (37.35%), Cizle (29.1%), MaxMovie (21.13%), Yes24 (19%).

http://joynews.inews24.com/php/news_view.p...g_serial=366723

http://news.mk.co.kr/outside/view.php?year...8&no=646210

http://www.cbs.co.kr/Nocut/Show.asp?IDX=966191

http://star.moneytoday.co.kr/view/stview.p...102215434709963

http://sportsworldi.segye.com/Articles/Ent...&subctg2=00

I tried checking for the Daily Box Office intake for 10/23 at Kobis, but the data is not updated yet.

Guest kdramafanusa

Daily Box Office [2008/10/23]

1. My Wife Got Married 아내가 결혼했다 (South Korea)

Opening Date : 2008/10/23

Adm / Total Adm : 90,751 / 93,035

Gross / Total Gross (won) : 557,530,000 / 563,452,000

Screen : 395

Share : 38.5%

Director : Jung Yoon-Soo

Main Cast : Son Ye-Jin, Kim Joo-Hyuk, Joo Sang-Wook

2. Body Of Lies 바디 오브 라이즈 (US)

Adm / Total Adm : 36,533 / 36,533

Gross / Total Gross (won) : 225,852,000 / 225,852,000

Screen : 222

Share : 15.5%

Director : Ridley Scott

Main Cast : Leonardo DiCaprio, Russell Crowe, Mark Strong, Golshifte Farahani

3. Eagle Eye 이글 아이 (US)

Opening Date : 2008/10/09

Adm / Total Adm : 32,759 / 1,488,877

Gross / Total Gross (won) : 202,334,000 / 9,546,236,500

Screen : 270

Share : 13.9%

Director : D.J. Caruso

Producer: Steven Spielberg, Ed McDonnell, Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman, Patrick Crowley, James M. Freitag

Main Cast : Shia LaBeouf, Michelle Monaghan, Rosario Dawson, Anthony Azizi, Billy Bob Thornton

4. Crush And Blush 미쓰 홍당무 (South Korea)

Opening Date : 2008/10/16

Adm / Total Adm : 15,994 / 352,327

Gross / Total Gross (won) : 99,539,500 / 2,318,645,000

Screen : 246

Share : 6.8%

Director : Lee Kyung-Mi

Main Cast : Gong Hyo-Jin, Lee Jong-Hyuk, Seo Woo, Bang Eun-Jin, Hwang Woo Seul-Hye, Bong Joon-Ho

5. Mamma Mia! 맘마미아! (US, UK)

Opening Date : 2008/09/04

Adm / Total Adm : 14,229 / 4,110,042

Gross / Total Gross (won) : 81,124,000 / 26,725,003,000

Screen : 214

Share : 6%

Director : Phyllida Lloyd

Producer: Tom Hanks, Rita Wilson, Benny Andersson

Main Cast : Meryl Streep, Pierce Brosnan, Amanda Seyfried, Colin Firth, Stellan Skarsgard

6. Painted Skin 화피 (Hong Kong)

Adm / Total Adm : 12,196 / 12,196

Gross / Total Gross (won) : 76,727,000 / 76,727,000

Screen : 166

Share : 5.2%

Director : Gordon Chan

Producer: Donnie Yen, Wilson Yip

Main Cast : Donnie Yen, Qi Yuwu, Zhao Wei, Xun Zhou, Sun Li

7. The Duchess 공작부인:세기의 스캔들 (US)

Adm / Total Adm : 8,655 / 175,226

Gross / Total Gross (won) : 50,619,500 / 1,092,829,500

Screen : 180

Share : 3.7%

Director : Saul Dibb

Main Cast : Keira Knightley, Ralph Fiennes, Dominic Cooper, Hayley Atwell, Charlotte Rampling

8. Page 198 Of His Book / Heartbreak Library 그 남자의 책 198쪽 (South Korea)

Adm / Total Adm : 7,830 / 11,152

Gross / Total Gross (won) : 46,714,500 / 62,482,500

Screen : 221

Share : 3.3%

Director : Kim Jung-Kwon

Main Cast : Eugene, Lee Dong-Wook

9. Death Race 데스 레이스 (US)

Adm / Total Adm : 3,920 / 109,375

Gross / Total Gross (won) : 24,489,000 / 721,481,000

Screen : 130

Share : 1.7%

Director : Paul W.S. Anderson

Main Cast : Jason Statham, Joan Allen, Ian McShane, Tyrese Gibson, Natalie Martinez

10. Tokyo! 도쿄! (Japan, South Korea, France)

Adm / Total Adm : 2,228 / 2,378

Gross / Total Gross (won) : 13,951,500 / 14,457,500

Screen : 46

Share : 0.9%

Director : Bong Joon-Ho, Michel Gondry, Leos Carax

Main Cast : Aoi Yu, Kagawa Teruyuki, Takenaka Naoto, Kase Ryo, Tsumabuki Satoshi, Ito Ayumi, Ohmori Nao, Denis Lavant

Source: KOBIS

Guest chatteraddict

hey kdramafanusa thanks for the fast article about the review, the movie seems promising and although i dont lve in Korean and wont be seeing the movie for some months, im still very excited. If you dont mind,(and i hope its not too much) can you post the box office results here for My Wife Got Married, i realize you dont post box office results in the tv ratings threads...well, its just a request.

Sould GC Man, thanks for the pics!! you guys keeps this thread alive!!

Guest kdramafanusa

If you dont mind,(and i hope its not too much) can you post the box office results here for My Wife Got Married

Hi chatteraddict, I don't mind at all.

I was about to post the chart for us while you were typing. :)