Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

Guest valley girl

I remember her attending his wedding too. :)

Hopefully there's a clip (& more pictures) of the VIP Premiere.

~~~

Many top stars are scheduled to attend Style Icon Awards (October 30 at 21:00~24:30): Rain, Son Ye-Jin, Kim Hee-Ae (My Man's Woman). The MC is actor Jung Joon-Ho.

talking about schedule i like end of year because many awards going out.. so we can see our fave star Out ..

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: VARIETY

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117994765.html

Posted: Mon., Oct. 27, 2008, 5:22pm PT

'My Wife' tops Korean box office

Local comedy grossed $2.3 mil over weekend

By HAN SUNHEE

SEOUL -- Local comedy "My Wife Got Married" swept in to top place at the Korean weekend box office, bringing some relief to a sluggish film industry and a country wracked by economic turmoil.

Co-produced and distributed by CJ Entertainment, the pic grossed $2.3 million on 504 screens during its four-day opening run. This was the biggest opening for a Korean film since "The Divine Weapon" in September.

Paramount pic "Eagle Eye" slipped to No.2 in its second weekend, adding $1.26 million from 359 screens and taking its cume to $8 million.

Ridley Scott's "Body of Lies" opened at No.3, grossing $1.13 million on 311 screens in four days.

Below the leading trio there was a wide gap. "Mamma Mia!" stayed at No.4 adding $420,000, upping its ante to $19.3 million. "Crush & Blush" placed at No.5 with a $381,000 weekend take on 321 screens, lifting its cume to $2 million.

Among new releases, helmer Hong Kong helmer Gordon Chan's "Painted Skin" ranked at No.6 and grossed $372,000, handled by a new distributor Cinergy, a subsidiary of Daisy Entertainment.

Another local movie, "Heartbreak Library" opened at No.7 on 289 screens, to gross only $266,000 for distributor Sungwon I Com.

Guest mab2007

Dont worry.. im on a lookout for the dvd release.. will put up a link as soon as its out :P

Thanks for all the pics... hope her movie will continue doing well...

hmm..thanks! btw, in arirang show "showbiz extra", SYJ revealed that she's nude in one of the scenes in her new movie..i'm pretty shock about it..

Guest chatteraddict

hmm..thanks! btw, in arirang show "showbiz extra", SYJ revealed that she's nude in one of the scenes in her new movie..i'm pretty shock about it..

hey mab2007, the one in "showbiz extra" you're talking about, did arirang air it already? cause the only one i've seen was the press conference where SYJ wore the wedding dress, i've been watching showbiz extra almost everyday for the past weeks cause they might feature about MWGM, did i miss it? thanks!

Guest mab2007

yep. it was aired last night. the topic was about celebrities getting nudes.. it was also aired this morning. i think you missed it!hehe.. the new episodes air every night. :)

Guest kdramafanusa

Actor Kim Joo-hyuk, actress Son Ye-jin, director Jung Yoon-soo will greet fans at selected theatres in Pusan (October 25) and Daigu (October 26).

viewimage1100948ix7.jpg

dcgall

Stage Greeting on Saturday (October 25)

viewimage1375343xy1.jpg

viewimage137fb07uc2.jpg

viewimage138fcdbnz2.jpg

viewimage1385f54ij1.jpg

viewimage138a124tj6.jpg

~

dsc5228zb6.jpg

dsc5229tp9.jpg

dsc5230gz5.jpg

dsc5231zt6.jpg

dsc5232ec7.jpg

dsc5234hc4.jpg

dsc5236qn3.jpg

dsc5239ml2.jpg

dsc5242hu5.jpg

dsc5243fy5.jpg

dsc5244dp3.jpg

dsc5247nu6.jpg

dsc5248so0.jpg

dsc5250vz5.jpg

dsc5252sv4.jpg

dsc5253kx9.jpg

~~~

Stage Greeting on Sunday (October 26)?

viewimage254f1e8kj8.jpg

Credits: DC SYJ Gall

Guest valley girl

anyway has someone Got the Review around this movie??

maybe some movie critics, i want to know what people said about her acting here

Guest sandrydc

Oct 27 2008 [MyDaily] Rain and Son Ye-jin--Selected Most Iconic Male & Female Star Among Current Generation

Rain and Son Ye-jin were the stars selected as most iconic/fashionable representatives of men and women in their 20's. Together they are participating in the O' Live "2008 Style Icon Awards" activities. This is this year's biggest fashion awards ceremony in the entertainment business. Rain and Son Ye-jin will be present on October 30th wearing magnificent international branded clothing at the awards ceremony which will be held at a club in Seoul's Cheongdam-dong. Besides Rain and SYJ, Seo In-young and other iconic entertainers have been invited to attend. The event this time will be chaired by Jung Jun-ho, and TVN, XTM, MNET and 4 other media corporations will carry out on-site coverages. Article all rights reserved//Mydaily

Source: MyDaily//Sina Entertainment

Posted by dada@RainHK

Translation: dsl99a@Rain-USA & SexyBi

Guest valley girl

Oct 27 2008 [MyDaily] Rain and Son Ye-jin--Selected Most Iconic Male & Female Star Among Current Generation

Source: MyDaily//Sina Entertainment

Posted by dada@RainHK

Translation: dsl99a@Rain-USA & SexyBi

they are in same age 26 hehehe.. son ye jin off course, she has the talent her acting !! let me tell you again hehehe

Guest kdramafanusa

Thanks everyone for sharing news/pics. :)

Can't wait to see what she'll wear for the event. :)

~~~

Help on "My Wife Got Married". :) Any of us here be able to read the text (english) on the 2nd picture (right)?

http://blog.daum.net/hayan2/15719795?nil_p...chid=IIMpXygE10

I have a hard time with the parts below "Cast and Characters" and "Director's Statement."

Guest kdramafanusa

the picture too small i just can read the title :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

Same for me too. I can't see the text even after resizing the picture (everything becomes too blurry).

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: Javabeans

Sohn Ye-jin goes into the White Night

October 30th, 2008 // by javabeans

2008103007007021794_1.jpg

Ooh, this one sounds really good.

Sohn Ye-jin has been busily promoting her new movie these days, My Wife Got Married, which stars her as a wife with a free-love-loving attitude and multiple relationships. But now she takes on another role for a new movie, “an even stronger character than in My Wife Got Married.”

The new project has been confirmed as the film Baekyahaeng ["Into the White Night" / 백야행], wherein a man and woman who’d been in love in their youth make an “irreparable mistake which ends in heartbreaking farewell.” The “mistake” is a murder, and they agree not to meet until the statute of limitations is over (I hadn’t realized Korea has a 15-year statute of limitation on murder — the U.S., thankfully, has none).

The movie is based on a Japanese movie (Byakuyoku) which was based on a novel, which was also made into a Japanese drama in 2006. (Reading up on Byakuyoku, there are several iterations on the same theme — in one, two siblings kill a parent and cover it up, and in another, a young man kills his father to stop him from molesting the girl he loves.)

In this Korean film version, Sohn plays a character described as manipulative and tough, even to the man she loves. Despite their promise not to meet before the statue of limitations expires, he continues to keep watch over her, “like a shadow,” while both lay low from the detective on the case and dream of a day they can be happy and free.

The film is written by (the excellent!) Park Yeon-seon, scriptwriter behind 2007’s wacky comic mystery treasure hunt Mixed-up Investigative Agency and 2006’s beautifully insightful Alone In Love (which also starred Sohn).

I’m so glad Sohn isn’t resting on her pretty face and is taking provocative roles like this and My Wife. This is one I’d actually watch.

Via OSEN

~~~~~

Thread for movie "Baekyahaeng / Into The White Night" :)

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=255911

Guest valley girl

2008 STYLE ICON AWARDS

%7Boption%7Dhttp://image.mtstarnews.com/star_real/2008/10/2008103022171901758_1.jpg

%7Boption%7Dhttp://image.mtstarnews.com/star_real/2008/10/2008103022153497873_1.jpg

credit as shown

you know am staying in empas until 9'oclock at night in my country time which mean 11 at night in korea but why there are no news about her

Source: Javabeans

Sohn Ye-jin goes into the White Night

October 30th, 2008 // by javabeans

Good news, hhehhehehe. finally i knew the reason she resign from IRIS :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: so glad she has new project aGain,

she is still trauma in SPotlight so she don't want to take some drama for amoment i think