Ok TaecYeon 옥택연 | [Upcoming Drama 2024 "Taereung Zombie Village"]

Admin

Action Korean Dramas

From Squid Games and Mr. Sunshine to Descendants of the Sun, keep scrolling to find an assortment of the top 21 testosterone fueling Korean action dramas that will definitely keep you hooked.

When it comes to Korean dramas and Korean television series, action, and romance have to be some of the most watched genres. Yes, romantic K dramas might take away all the limelight, but there comes a time when you are bored of mushy romantic stuff and you want to watch some brilliant action sequence with a tactful tale. Regardless of age, gender, or time, action dramas have been a complete source of entertainment. That is precisely why, this time we have curated a perfect curation of iconic action Korean dramas that are so much more than just action sequences. Each enlisted movie has a masculine vibe to it, that uses action as a strategically exciting tool to reveal the larger narrative with a deeper impact that will give you the adrenaline rush of a lifetime. Not only that, a good action drama adds more depth to a story’s character. 

From action sequences where actors playing lawyers are willing to get their fists dirty in order to release details about a case to historical dramas where kings fight their way to the top, we have enlisted the best of action Korean dramas all listed according to their IMDb ratings. Not just that, we have also added all the action movies along with other important details including, their year of release, star cast, director, writer, and plot to help you decide if it's actually worth your time in just a quick glance. Furthermore, we have also added posters or trailers of Korean dramas. So what are you waiting for? Scroll below to find an assortment of the top 21 action Korean dramas that will keep you on the edge of your seats.

Top 21 Action K dramas listed according to their IMDb ratings:

19. Save Me (2017–2019)

• Original title: Goo hae jwo
  • Running Time: 60 min
  • Movie Genre: Mystery, Thriller, Action
  • Movie Star Cast:  Taecyeon, Jo Jae Yoon, Ho Jin Chun, Tae goo Eom, Esom
  • Director: Seong-soo Kim, Kwon Lee
  • Writer: Edo Jeong
  • Year of release: 2017
  • Where to Watch / OTT Platform: Viu
  • IMDb Rating: 7.9/10

We highly recommend watching this show to witness a tale of a young girl who visits her family but gets entangled in a series of tragic events. It features the best of Taecyeon, Jo Jae Yoon, Ho Jin Chun, Tae Goo Eom, and Esom. 

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/action-korean-dramas-1237447

15 Underrated Korean dramas that are worth watching: From My Liberation Notes to Happiness

With hundreds of K-dramas out there, there are some hidden gems that weren't showered with the attention and recognition they deserved. Scroll on for a list of top underrated Korean dramas.

The world of Korean entertainment has been practically raining with content but only a limited number of K-dramas get the attention and popularity they deserve. While popular K-dramas are great to watch, we have a list of underrated Korean dramas that are not as popular but should have been. Every enlisted show on the list below is not only brilliant but is totally addictive. Trust us, once you start watching them, it’s hard to quit before you watch it all. We have tried to create an all-inclusive list by handpicking shows that will manage to escape reality for a while and take you into the world of Korean fantasy

Right from romance and drama-themed shows like My Liberation Notes, Soundtrack #1, and The World of the Married to mystery, crime, action, or horror-themed shows like A Model Family, Happiness, Law School, and The Game: Towards Zero, we have listed down the best of underrated Korean dramas that go the extra mile when it comes to entertainment.

Scroll on for a list of shows with stellar plots as well as brilliant actors along with their trailers, IMDb ratings, cast members, directors, and plot among other important things to make it easier for you to decide, what would you like to watch. 

Top Underrated Korean dramas that are definitely hidden gems (along with their IMDb ratings)

9. The Game: Towards Zero (2020)

• Original title: Deo Geim: 0shireul Hyanghayeo
  • Running Time: 35m
  • Movie Genre: Crime, Drama, Fantasy
  • Number of episodes: 32
  • Movie Star Cast: Taecyeon, Yeon-hee Lee, Ju Hwan Lim
  • Director: Joon Ho Jang
  • Writer: Ji Hyo Lee
  • Year of release: 2020
  • Where to Watch / OTT Platform: Jio Cinema
  • IMDb Rating: 7.1/10

Another Korean drama that features the best of fantasy and crime. Released in 2020, it has 32 episodes that feature the best Korean stars including Taecyeon, Yeon-hee Lee, and Ju Hwan Lim The show is directed by Joon Ho Jang and written by Ji Hyo Lee. The plot of the show revolves around Kim Tae Pyung and how he has the power to look into someone’s eyes and watch mental images of how they die. Watch the show to witness how he partners with a detective named Seo Joon Young and how they solve multiple serial murder cases together. This underrated but brilliant show is available on Jio Cinema to stream. Watch the show to witness a plot that delves into thought-provoking themes such as crime, morality, and the complexities of the human world.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/15-underrated-korean-dramas-that-are-worth-watching-from-my-liberation-notes-to-happiness-1237954

Finally the Bangkok notice came out and Taec posted:

"Thailand's hot, but there's more heat to come!

Because I'm going to serve up the intense hot in Bangkok"

spacer.png

Seeing him in the Beat Coin preview for next week, Oh yeah, I can feel the heat.

• Like 1

Korean Revenge Dramas

From The Devil Judge, and Mine to Vincenzo and Itaewon Class, get ready to dive into the riveting world of revenge with our carefully curated list of the top 15 Korean revenge dramas.

Stories fueled by vengeance or revenge have certainly been a captivating genre and have managed to etch their name on the hearts of audiences around the world. That is precisely why, this time we have curated a list of the best Korean revenge dramas offering a list of shows with an iconic cinematic experience as well as electrifying storylines. In fact, we have tried to create an all-inclusive list of Korean revenge dramas that serve up a feast of adrenaline-pumping plot twists, amazing action sequences, and razor-sharp dialogues. From Netflix's gripping Korean dramas like The Devil Judge, Mine, Vincenzo, and Itaewon Class to shows streaming on a plethora of other must-watch revenge sagas streaming on Amazon Prime Video, MX Player, Disney Plus Hotstar as well as other OTT channels, this collection is tailor-made for your Korean drama streaming marathon. So what are you waiting for? Scroll on, to allow us to guide you through a specially handpicked selection of the finest K dramas that revolve around the riveting theme of revenge.

This comprehensive guide to the world of revenge-based K dramas will ensure you are well equipped to navigate the maze of intriguing plots and dynamic characters because information packed assortment offers you all the right information like the IMDb ratings, star cast, creators, along with tantalizing trailers, or posters, accompanied by concise plot summaries. With these details at your disposal, we are rather sure, it will be pretty easy to decide ‘What do you want to watch next?’ 

Go on! Dive into the list, and get ready for a complete entertainment package with our handpicked selection of the top 15 Korean revenge dramas along with their IMDb ratings. 

Top 15 Korean revenge dramas along with their IMDb ratings

6. Vincenzo (2021)

• Original title: Binsenjo
  • Running Time: 1h 20m
  • K Drama Genre: Action, Comedy, Crime
  • Number of episodes: 21
  • K Drama Star Cast: Song Joong Ki, Jeon Yeo Been, Taecyeon
  • Director: Kim Hui won
  • Writer: Park Jae Beom
  • Year of release: 2021
  • Where to Watch / OTT Platform: Netflix
  • IMDb Rating: 8.4/10

Vincenzo, released in the year 2021, features acclaimed Korean actors like Song Joong Ki, Jeon Yeo Been, as well as Taecyeon. This captivating Korean action, comedy, and crime drama is directed by Kim Hui Won and written by Park Jae Beom. The story of the K drama revolves around Vincenzo who is related to a Mafia family. Watch the show on Netflix to witness how he meets Hong Cha Young, a lawyer, and falls in love with her. We highly recommend you watch this brilliant show. 

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/korean-revenge-dramas-1238216

10 High School K-Dramas To Watch At The Start Of A New School Year

It’s back to school season again! A new semester, new experiences, and one step closer to your dreams. There is always a trepidation of excitement, as well as apprehension when the new school term begins. So, as a warm-up and to set the mood for school, check out these 10 K-dramas to start the new school year with.

Dream High

Dream-High-2.jpg

What does it take to be a K-pop idol? The stakes are high and the competition tougher as six students arrive at The Kirin Arts Academy to get a foothold in the music industry. There’s the feisty Go Hye Mi (Suzy), who wrangles her way into the school despite losing the audition and has found herself an enemy in her best friend Baek Hee (Eun Jung). The village boy, Song Sam Dong (Kim Soo Hyun), is a music prodigy, but suffers from a rare malady. Then there is Jin Guk (Taecyeon), the talented and rebellious teen with serious daddy issues. You also have Kim Pil Suk (IU), the girl with perfect pitch but so self conscious about her appearance, and Jason (Wooyoung), a Korean American awaiting his big debut.

A breezy high school musical, “Dream High” charts the journey of the sextet, as they tide through the grind of auditions, grueling practice, and learn life lessons on the way. As Kim Soo Hyun’s Song Sam Dong is showcased as the first Korean singer taking home the Grammy, it was a prophecy of sorts, with K-pop taking the world by storm.

Start watching “Dream High”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

*** Taecyeon before sent Kim So Hyun a coffee truck to cheer on her drama, The Tale of Nokdu, but what caught the attention of fans was what he wrote on the banners, that reads, “So Hyun, although you didn’t come to visit me in the military…”  And on another sign, Taecyeon wrote, “I’m cheering you on, actors and staff! And you too, So Hyun. Although you never came to visit me in the military…”  This wasn’t the first time Taecyeon sent her a coffee truck. During her drama The Emperor, Taecyeon sent Kim So Hyun a coffee truck that said, “Come visit me in the military”.  The two became friends through the tvN drama, "Hey Ghost, Let’s Fight."   :poledance:

56k2dHWz268w9tJaEf3je8TD6t3A8pbQkVsbm5Fc

Cs5UmQpXGdSbZddT8nh8e_3R_IJb4rD0bNDPyVTf

j7Gmm6uzGXlbEVtPAyznTLARq13wLl_miJlFy32B

Discover the Edgier Side of K-Dramas: 8 Dark Series to Binge Watch

1686290983-allkpop-1.png

Having indulged in a spree of romcoms, whimsical fantasies, and heartwarming tales, there might come a moment when you yearn for something more intense and riveting. A drama that keeps you on the edge of your seat, making you second-guess every character's motive. For those searching for a deeper, more thrilling experience, we've curated a list of 8 dark K-Dramas that promise to grip you from start to finish. Ready to dive into these captivating narratives? Then continue reading below.

Save Me

This is a thrilling one, somewhat similar to the "In the Name of God: A Holy Betrayal" documentary, where a religious organization is actually a cult that frequently sexually abuses its victims.

Starring: Ok Taec-yeon, Seo Yea-ji, Jo Sung-ha, and Woo Do-hwan

OCN dramas! They usually produce dark dramas.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : allkpop

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2023/08/discover-the-edgier-side-of-k-dramas-8-dark-series-to-binge-watch

*** On August 31st, in the KBS2 entertainment program “HK Coin,” 2PM engaged in a showdown of ‘Beast Idols vs. Beasts.’ For this, the members of “HK Coin” will present an animal kingdom where they transform into ‘Beasts’ with a dress code. The original beast idols will have a fierce battle positioned between the members of “HK Coin” and Woo Young. During the show, Taecyeon talked about Nichkhun’s lavish home in Thailand. He reveals Nichkhun’s Thai House is like a palace: “Tigers Live There”. Nichkhun’s house is referred to as the Thai Prince’s residence. Kim Sook, with sparkling eyes, asks, “Can’t we go visit?” Nichkhun responds by saying, “Please come visit. November sounds good.” and earns cheers from the cast members.   :kaching1:

Hong-Kim-Dong-jeon-1-083023-780x387.png

Hong-Kim-Dong-jeon-11-083023-780x392.png

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20230830143724061

*** One of the most hilarious parts of the entire episode was when Taecyeon wore floral pants with a huge balloon in them for a game. He even briefly danced despite the awkward situation! Poor Taecyeon was so scared when the balloon burst inside his pants!  

"Beat Coin" with 2PM

3Swge5dAvdPgcjpx90LY2tkgjLGb_yPqPijXYwXI

• Like 1

Taec posted a playlist for the songs he'll sing during his SpecialTY fan meetings.  I was hoping he would sing "Vampire" from Heartbeat, but he chose "I Revive".

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPIQwSVKEpt90DspwcEB-bqLl3puHoAfx&si=Js3yQ4gmL4bvgbqO

Here's a sample of the first song.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CwopHHmv-Xy/

• Like 1

*** On September 10th, the second day of 2PM’s 15th-anniversary concert ‘It’s 2PM’ was held at Jamsil Indoor Gymnasium in Seoul. This concert was broadcast live through Beyond Live. This concert allows fans to see all six 2PM members together once again. During the concert, Taecyeon displayed his unique sense of humor who worked up a sweat on the passionate stage, joked, “It’s our 15th anniversary, and among many things we’ve prepared, there’s also sweat.”  Following this Korean concert, 2PM will continue to heat up with another concert as part of ‘It’s 2PM’ in Tokyo, Japan on October 7th and 8th.   :kaching1:

img_20230910201819_19dfd8f8.webp

source : https://www.wikitree.co.kr/articles/885414

*** While it’s usually permitted to record videos during concerts with your mobile phones, it’s not allowed to broadcast live via social media. But, Taecyeon broke the rule by going on Instagram Live not once but twice during their 15th Anniversary Concert <It’s 2PM> over the weekend. He surprised Hottest by hosting a live broadcast via Instagram on the first day. He showed them off in the audience. He’s the king of fan service! He did it once again on the second day. This time, he gave close-ups of the members too!   :heart2:

I never got any tickets :( so I spent my time in Seoul looking for a couple of drama locations.  Did get to see WooHyeol's mansion :D.  Met some nice 2Pm fans who also were there without tickets.  So sad.

Decided to do BeyondLive from the hotel.  "jit" Taec is back!  He showed a lot of flesh throughout and delivered a HOT Heartbeat ending.

spacer.png

Flew from Seoul to Taipei and am waiting for Taec;s FM this weekend.  never been here before, so I will do some touristing until then.

• Like 1

*** Star News recently commemorated its 19th anniversary.  As part of its anniversary celebrations, they conducted a survey among 31 industry experts, including representatives from entertainment management companies and production houses. The purpose of the survey was to identify those actor-singers who have had a momentous impact on the industry this year, and those who hold promising potential for the future. Each industry expert was asked to pick two idol actors. Taecyeon is one of the top male idol actors chosen by industry experts.   :kisslevel:

Rank 5 - 2PM's Ok Taecyeon, U-KISSLee Jun Young (1 votes each)

1694717912-image.png

On 9/12/2023 at 8:46 PM, TheaN said:

I never got any tickets :( so I spent my time in Seoul looking for a couple of drama locations.  Did get to see WooHyeol's mansion :D.  Met some nice 2Pm fans who also were there without tickets.  So sad.

Decided to do BeyondLive from the hotel.  "jit" Taec is back!  He showed a lot of flesh throughout and delivered a HOT Heartbeat ending.

Flew from Seoul to Taipei and am waiting for Taec;s FM this weekend.  never been here before, so I will do some touristing until then.

@TheaN  It’s impossible to get bored in Taipei. This place is chock-full of with good food, interesting shops, excellent museums and vibrant cityscape.   :kitty:   Enjoy!  

*** On September 17, netizens talked about Taecyeon's activities. According to the post, the author uploaded a clip and showed him during his "SpecialTY" fanmeeting. During his meetup with Hottests, fans were lined up to greet him as much as they could and despite the fast-paced line, he didn't break a sweat in reciprocating their greetings! It was also shown that Taecyeon had exerted effort in imitating their gestures with no difficulty. I was stunned with Taecyeon's extraordinary energy. Taecyeon treats his fans genuinely. This is so impressive of  seeing Taecyeon's fanservice skills. Taecyeon is giving fans their money's worth, and I totally respect that! I love it when artists put in extra effort to match their fans' energy. These fan events usually require money and limited time.   :yaaa:

*** It doesn't show...................  :kitty:

2023 K-Drama Couples With 6-Year+ Age Gaps – Older Male Leads Version

kdrama-couple-big-age-gap-male-lead-2023

Age ain't nothing but a number. Love is boundless. These are all expressions often used to describe love when an age gap is involved. True to this, K-Dramas often include K-Drama couples with age gaps as big as 6 years and more. Today we'll take a look at the older male lead version of these couples.

4. "Heartbeat" - Age Gap: 11 years

kdrama-couple-big-age-gap-male-lead-2023

KBS

Won JiAn born in 1999

2PM's Ok TaecYeon born in 1988

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/2023-kdrama-couples-with-6-year-age-gaps-older-male-leads-version/