Ok TaecYeon 옥택연 | [Upcoming Drama 2024 "Taereung Zombie Village"]

Admin

10 Heartwarming Korean High School Dramas to Watch

source : Hancinema

photo1698080.jpg

The cultural phenomenon of high school Korean dramas has swept across the globe like a tsunami. It has attracted audiences everywhere to lose themselves in fascinating narratives and captivating characters. The distinct charm of these dramas lies in their earnest storytelling that often interweaves relatable high school experiences with poignant themes and riveting plot twists. Even if you're a seasoned K-drama enthusiast looking to explore a new sub-genre, they offer a unique viewing experience. These productions provide a nostalgic trip down memory lane, reminding us of our tumultuous teenage years. As you read these heartwarming Korean high school dramas to watch, prepare to laugh, cry, and to connect deeply with the stories that unfold.

photo1698071.jpg

2. "Dream High"

"Dream High" takes us to the performing arts of Kirin high school teenagers with dreams of becoming K-pop idols. However, they must learn the necessary skills to stand a chance. Six students go on their own journeys throughout their school years to overcome their insecurities and weaknesses and find friendship and comfort in each other. The K-pop world is a harsh and unforgiving place. That reality is perfectly portrayed here, which is one of the reasons this 2011 drama is classic and most popular today.

Where to Watch

Powered by JustWatch

Drama viewership ratings for the week of July 31-August 6, 2023

LINK here : dramabeans

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/08/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-july-31-august-6-2023/

Monday, July 31      
Not Others 5 ENA 2.9%
Heartbeat 11 KBS 1.9%
My Lovely Liar 1 tvN 2.6%

Tuesday, August 1      
Not Others 6 ENA 3.6%
Heartbeat 12 KBS 2.4%
My Lovely Liar 2 tvN 3.0%

*** 2PM have successfully sold out tickets for their upcoming 15th anniversary concert, 'It's 2PM,' which will be held at the Jamsil Indoor Gymnasium in Seoul on September 9-10 KST. The demand for tickets was so high that they sold out quickly after pre-sales were offered exclusively to the official fan club 'Hottest' starting at 8 PM on August 4. Even when additional seats were made available for general reservation at 8 PM on August 7, they were also sold out in an instant. Their fans simply grow up with them.   :blush:

1691459599-2pm-its-2pm.png

poster source : allkpop

The 25 Highest-Trending K-Pop Artists Right Now, According To Wikipedia

With K-Pop and Korean entertainment becoming more popular worldwide, there are countless Wikipedia articles on various topics related to them, from individual idols and K-Pop groups to K-Dramas, actors, and athletes, and everything in between. Using WikiProject Korea, it’s easy to see which topics are trending among netizens based on how many views different articles are earning over a period of time.

12. 2PM

In July, this article received 142.1k total views (averaging about 4.6k views per day). Here is what it opens up with:

“2PM is a South Korean boy band formed by JYP Entertainment. The group is composed of six members: Jun.

K (formerly known as Junsu), NichkhunTaecyeonWooyoungJunho, and Chansung. Originally a seven-piece group, former member Jaebeom (now known professionally as Jay Park) left the group in 2009 due to controversies that stemmed from his posts on MySpace.”

10. Taecyeon (2PM)

In July, this article received 182.8k total views (averaging about 5.9k views per day). Here is what it opens up with:

“Ok Taecyeon, known mononymously as Taecyeon, is a South Korean rapper, singer, songwriter, actor and entrepreneur.

He is the rapper of the South Korean boy band 2PM.”

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/kpop-artists-25-highest-trending-right-now-according-wikipedia-july-2023/

*** The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for drama actors! The rankings were determined through a data analysis of the media coverage, participation, interaction, and community indexes of 50 actors who appeared in dramas that aired between July 8 and August 8.   :Ohboy3:

Check out the top 30 for this month below!

1. Kim Tae Ri
  2. 2PM’s Lee Junho
  3. Ahn Bo Hyun
  4. Hong Kyung
  5. Girls’ Generation’s YoonA
  6. Shin Hye Sun
  7. Oh Jung Se
  8. Kim Sejeong
  9. Go Won Hee
  10. Ahn Jae Hyun
  11. Won Ji An
  12. Jeon Hye Jin
  13. Baek Jin Hee
  14. Jin Sun Kyu
  15. Ahn Dong Gu
  16. Kim Ji Eun
  17. Chun Woo Hee
  18. Kim Ga Eun
  19. Cha Joo Young
  20. Yoo Joon Sang
  21. Kim Dong Wook
  22. Lee Chae Young
  23. Park Joo Mi
  24. Jung Woo
  25. 2PM’s Taecyeon
  26. Park Sung Hoon
  27. Na In Woo
  28. Choi Myung Gil
  29. Girls’ Generation’s Sooyoung
  30. Go Soo

103852_223413_3848.jpg

source : http://www.gpkorea.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=103852

On 8/8/2023 at 4:40 PM, willenette said:

*** 2PM have successfully sold out tickets for their upcoming 15th anniversary concert, 'It's 2PM,' which will be held at the Jamsil Indoor Gymnasium in Seoul on September 9-10 KST. The demand for tickets was so high that they sold out quickly after pre-sales were offered exclusively to the official fan club 'Hottest' starting at 8 PM on August 4. Even when additional seats were made available for general reservation at 8 PM on August 7, they were also sold out in an instant. Their fans simply grow up with them.   :blush:

poster source : allkpop

Unfortunately a lot of tickets went to scalpers who immediately started selling them under bogus names on sns.  Tickets were going for way above the face value.  I saw tickets being sold in Japan for thousands $$. 

Interpark kr now has a reservation system where users can place reservations on seats that have already been taken.  In the event that they are cancelled, the user will be notified and has 6 hours to purchase.  As the scalpers cancel (or have their tickets cancelled by the system) some kr fans have been able to secure them.  Unfortunately this benefit is not available on the global interpark site, so ifans are out of luck.

Needless to say I was unable to get a ticket and my travel arrangements have already been made.  I guess I might just go and pick up some merchandise at the stadium and then see the sights.

5 hours ago, TheaN said:

Unfortunately a lot of tickets went to scalpers who immediately started selling them under bogus names on sns.  Tickets were going for way above the face value.  I saw tickets being sold in Japan for thousands $$. 

Interpark kr now has a reservation system where users can place reservations on seats that have already been taken.  In the event that they are cancelled, the user will be notified and has 6 hours to purchase.  As the scalpers cancel (or have their tickets cancelled by the system) some kr fans have been able to secure them.  Unfortunately this benefit is not available on the global interpark site, so ifans are out of luck.

Needless to say I was unable to get a ticket and my travel arrangements have already been made.  I guess I might just go and pick up some merchandise at the stadium and then see the sights.

@TheaN  ohhh..... sorry to hear that. Well, they will be making a guest appearance on KBS 2TV’s variety show “Beat Coin” as a full group and they have completed filming. The episode will air on August 31 at 8:30 p.m. KST. Wooyoung is a cast member on this show. As far as I remember, the last time 2PM appeared on a variety show as a full group was I guess over two years ago, when they guested on “Knowing Bros” (“Ask Us Anything”).   :kisslevel:

Drama viewership ratings for the week of August 7-13, 2023

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/08/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-august-7-13-2023/

Monday, August 7      
Not Others 7 ENA 3.9%
Heartbeat 13 KBS 2.0%
My Lovely Liar 3 tvN 2.8%

Tuesday, August 8      
Not Others 8 ENA 3.9%
Heartbeat 14 KBS 2.1%
My Lovely Liar 4 tvN 2.9%

On 8/13/2023 at 4:07 PM, TheaN said:

@TheaN  Celebrities, including K-pop idols, have been grappling with the problem ticket scalpers for some time. There has been a surge in illegal online ticket transactions in Korea in recent years. Ticket scalping is a major problem in the entertainment industry, because it severely impacts the amount of money artists make. Also, people seeking access to content are unfairly driven to pay exaggerated costs. This is partly attributed to the lenient penalties given to people committing these offenses. When tickets are resold at inflated prices, it often means that some people may miss out on the chance to enjoy events that were meant to be accessible to all. That's why I strongly believe that SK needs to take a comprehensive approach to tackle scalping. Both the scalpers and the people buying from them should be held responsible for any legal and criminal consequences that arise.   :heart2:

*** “Heartbeat”  stills of its final episode, which was last night August 15 at 9:45 p.m. KST!  In the previous episode, Seon Woo Hyul decided to spend the little time he had left with Joo In Hae. The newly released stills show them on a trip to the beach together, chatting comfortably while walking side by side and taking selfies together. They then share a kiss. I'm left intrigued by the harsh destiny they faced where one of them is destined to die.   :kisslevel:

20230815123853_won-ji-an-taecyeon.jpeg?s

heartbeat-3.jpg

heartbeat-4.jpg

Spoiler

heartbeat-5.jpg

heartbeat-6.jpg

heartbeat-1.jpg

0000623484_001_20230815152901307.jpg?typ

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=312&aid=0000623484

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2PM’s Taecyeon And Won Ji An Share Enchanting Sunset Kiss In Final Episode Of “Heartbeat”

Spoiler

20230815123853_won-ji-an-taecyeon.jpeg?s

“Heartbeat” has teased viewers with new stills of its final episode!

“Heartbeat” is a KBS fantasy romance drama starring 2PM’s Taecyeon as Seon Woo Hyul, who is half-human and half-vampire. Although he desperately wants to become human, he misses his chance because of one fateful day out of 100 years. He eventually winds up moving in together with Joo In Hae (Won Ji An), a cold-blooded woman who lacks humanity despite being fully human.

Spoilers

In the previous episode, Seon Woo Hyul decided to spend the little time he had left with Joo In Hae. However, his physical condition became worse and despite Shin Do Shik’s (Park Kang Hyun) strong warning to leave In Hae, Woo Hyul was determined to stay by In Hae’s side. At the end of the episode, Do Shik tried to harm Woo Hyul but was interrupted by In Hae’s sudden appearance.

The newly released stills depict Woo Hyul and In Hae on a trip to the beach together, chatting comfortably while walking side by side and taking selfies together. The fact that Woo Hyul, who does not get captured in pictures, is taking a picture with In Hae, shows just how much he is determined to enjoy the trip and not think about anything else.

heartbeat-3.jpg

heartbeat-4.jpg

In other stills, the two stare blankly at the sunset and exchange reassuring glances as if telling each other that they are going to be okay. Woo Hyul and In Hae then share a kiss against the backdrop of the stunning sunset, yet their expressions remain somewhat sad.

Viewers are left intrigued by the harsh destiny faced by Woo Hyul and In Hae, where one of them is destined to die. How will their fate unfold in the final episode?

heartbeat-5.jpg

heartbeat-6.jpg

heartbeat-2.jpg

heartbeat-1.jpg

Tune in to the final episode of “Heartbeat” on August 15 at 9:45 p.m. KST!

credit : soompi news

*** KBS’ Heartbeat concluded with the reunion ending of Seon Woo Hyeol (played by Ok Taecyeon) and Ju In Hae (Won Ji An). In the final episode, In Hae was afraid that Woo Hyeol might disappear again. Sensing this, Woo Hyeol decided to spend his remaining time with In Hae. However, Woo Hyeol’s time was running out. Seeing Woo Hyeol weakened, In Hae gave her blood. Sigh............ this drama was supposed to be a romcom, why did we get a heartbreaking ending? Is it that hard to let him become human and end it on a good happy note? Well, indeed VIEWERS DESERVE a little BETTER ENDING.   :Fist1:

120716384.1.jpg

photo source : https://sports.donga.com/article/all/20230816/120716386/1

*** The seat map and ticket prices for Taecyeon's upcoming fan meeting in the Philippines have been released on Tuesday. The event is set to take place at the New Frontier Theater in Quezon City on September 23. Also, on its social media accounts, promoter PULP Live World bared the following ticket prices. Tickets will go on sale starting August 20 through TicketNet's outlets and website.   :cutekitty:

• VVIP - P10,500
  • VIP - P8,000
  • Loge - P7,500
  • Balcony A - P4,500
  • Balcony B - P3,500

• Like 1

*** Taecyeon studied Business Administration at Dankook University prior to debuting as a singer a decade ago. When 2PM released their first album, Hottest Time of the Day, he was still taking classes just like other 20-year olds. He became a celebrity overnight. In an interview with DIVE Studios, Taecyeon recalled the time he even took an exam while wearing his stage outfit because he had to go to a music show after. He said that there was “definitely” a change to how his classmates & students in school viewed him and treated him. The classmates he didn’t interact with suddenly approached him and introduced themselves after finding out he became a K-Pop idol. He didn’t go to [university events] so no one knew him.  All of a sudden, everyone knows him. He went on to complete his graduate degree in the prestigious Korea University Graduate School Of International Studies.   :kitty:

https://youtu.be/o7p9vn7nRUo

xvcDjOLW_2X2J9G01JkYFqQ0xm2VqIrejH2huOlY

hr1sPAA3XM6cpTqbKEi00UrPo9T_Nr1bf9nW2lpw

kYXqPZ5ozEExmRql3FQ_qU06jdkVxdUZUJ_VoytR

photos source : Koreaboo

11 Great K-Dramas To Binge Watch With Your Friends

K-dramas have been a treasure trove when it comes to celebrating the many shades of friendship in all its glory. There’s the good, the bad, the ugly, the heartwarming to the heartbreaking, and sometimes funny and bittersweet. Friends are life, and no one said it better than these dramas. And somewhere along the way, you end up befriending these characters as well. Here are 11 K-dramas you can revisit with your tribe.

Dream High

Dream-High.jpg

Who doesn’t like a good high school musical? “Dream High” charts the journey of six students who arrive from all over at Kirin Arts School to get a foothold into the hyper competitive K-pop industry. Self-assured Go Hye Mi (Suzy) wrestles her way into the school despite losing the audition. She is desperate to succeed and aspires to be an opera singer, but she is also raising her younger sister as she tries to pay off her father’s debts. Song Sam Dong (Kim Soo Hyun), the proverbial country boy, is a simpleton at heart, and though a talented musician, he suffers from a rare ailment. There’s also Jin Guk (Taceyeon), the rebellious yet talented youngster who is self reliant and estranged from his father, the mayor. He gets into constant trouble which is his way of seeking attention from his father. And there’s Baek Hee (Eun Jung), Hye Mi’s one time timid friend who is now her arch rival, whilst Kim Pil Suk (IU), who has perfect pitch, is shy and self-conscious about being chubby and plain. Last but not least is Jason (Wooyoung), a Korean American awaiting his big debut in K-pop and the most chilled out soul amongst them all.

As these six persevere and go through the grind of auditions, practices, competitions, and bitter rivalries, they also take home valuable life lessons in friendship, self-growth, and relationships. “Dream High” is the quintessential school drama which one never tires of watching.

Start watching “Dream High”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

*** Goodbye to "Heartbeat", it's a good drama for me although, with very slight farewell ratings jump.   :heart2:

Drama viewership ratings for the week of August 14-20, 2023

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/08/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-august-14-20-2023/

Monday, August 14      
Not Others 9 ENA 4.5%
Heartbeat 15 KBS 2.6%
My Lovely Liar 5 tvN 3.0%

Tuesday, August 15      
Not Others 10 ENA 4.4%
Heartbeat 16 KBS 3.0%
My Lovely Liar 6 tvN 3.4%