Ok TaecYeon 옥택연 | [Upcoming Drama 2024 "Taereung Zombie Village"]

Admin

*** Finally..... 2PM is reuniting soon for a new group concert! This is totally COOL! On July 24, JYP Entertainment finally shared a new poster announcing their highly-anticipated Seoul concert for their 15th debut anniversary through the group’s official social media. 2PM’s new concert titled “It’s 2PM” will be held at Seoul’s Jamsil Indoor Stadium on September 9 at 6 p.m. KST and September 10 at 5 p.m. KST. Taecyeon had already signed with a new agency earlier in 2018, with JYP Entertainment assuring fans at the time that the group will continue as six.   :blush:

2pm-concert.jpeg

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

Drama viewership ratings for the week of July 17-23, 2023

LINK here : dramabeans

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/07/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-july-17-23-2023/

Monday, July 17      
Not Others 1 ENA 1.3%
Heartbeat 7 KBS 2.9%
Delightfully Deceitful 15 tvN 3.5%

Tuesday, July 18      
Not Others 2 ENA 1.6%
Heartbeat 8 KBS 2.8%
Delightfully Deceitful 15 tvN 4.5%

On 7/24/2023 at 7:31 PM, willenette said:

*** "Heartbeat" dropped to its lowest rating. According to Nielsen Korea, the drama's latest episode dropped to its lowest rating of 2.3% (Ep.9). This is a decrease from 2.8% (Ep.8) recorded in the previous episode.   :heart2beat:

Heartbeat is so under-rated.  I have enjoyed it from the first episode and is hasn't disappointed one bit.  I guess KR fans just aren't into this kind of drama.  They seem to enjoy rom-coms and this is on point in that arena.  Even the campy humor is a joy.  Maybe they don't understand vampires????

And this takes us on such a different view of the vampire lore.  It is easy to accept their explanations and they create humor around it.

And the slow-burn romance is so captivating. I want to say "hurry up" but I am so enjoying their growing affection for one another.

• Love 1

2PM to hold 15th-anniversary concerts in Seoul, Tokyo

K-pop boy group 2PM is marking its 15th anniversary with concerts in Seoul and in Tokyo.

The concerts will be held in Seoul at the Jamsil Indoor Stadium on Sept. 9-10, and also in Tokyo at the Ariake Arena on Oct. 7-8, JYP Entertainment announced Thursday on social media with a poster.

The last day of the concert in Seoul will be livestreamed via platform Beyond LIVE.

The “It’s 2PM” concerts would be the first full-unit performances in six years in Korea and in seven years in Japan.

The group’s last full-unit concert, “6Nights,” was held back in June 2017 in Seoul during which the six had promised fans they would reunite again in a comeback.

Ticket reservations to the concerts in Seoul will open for official fan club members on Aug. 4 at 8 p.m. through the ticketing website Interpark, and to the public on Aug. 7 at 8 p.m.

By Hong Yoo (yoohong@heraldcorp.com)

credit : Korea Herald

https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20230727000692&np=1&mp=1

2PM to hold concerts in Korea, Japan to celebrate 15th anniversary

Poster for boy band 2PM's upcoming concert, ″It's 2PM″ [JYP ENTERATINMENT]

Boy band 2PM will hold concerts in Korea and Japan to celebrate its 15-year anniversary.

The Korean leg of the concerts, held at the Jamsil Gymnasium in Songpa District, southern Seoul, on Sept 9 and 10, will be the boy band's first concerts in Korea in six years, following "6Nights" held in Jule 2016, JYP Entertainment said Thursday.

The Sept. 10 performance will be livestreamed through Beyond Live, an online concert streaming service.

The Japanese leg of the concerts will be held at the Ariake Arena in Tokyo on Oct. 7 and 8, making it their first concert in Japan in seven years.  

Tickets to the Korean concerts will be opened first to members of the band's official fan club on Aug. 4, followed by a general ticket sale on Aug. 7. Tickets for live viewing will also go on sale the same day.

Tickets sales information for the Japanese leg of the concerts will be announced at a future date, JYP Entertainment said.

2PM is a six-member boy band that debuted under JYP Entertainment in 2008, known for multiple hit songs, including "Heartbeat" (2009), "My House" (2015) and "Hands Up" (2011). Five members of the boy band — Jun. K, Nichkhun, Wooyoung, Junho and Chansung — re-singed their exclusive contracts with JYP Entertainment back in 2018 and Taecyeon left the agency to sign an exclusive contract with agency 51k. All six members, however, work with JYP Entertainment when promoting under the band 2PM.  

To find out more about 2PM, visit Celeb Confirmed!  

BY CHO YONG-JUN [cho.yongjun1@joongang.co.kr]

credit : JoongAngDaily

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/2023/07/27/entertainment/kpop/2PM-Concert-Korea/20230727162225611.html

On 7/27/2023 at 2:34 PM, willenette said:

2PM to hold concerts in Korea, Japan to celebrate 15th anniversary

Boy band 2PM will hold concerts in Korea and Japan to celebrate its 15-year anniversary.

The Korean leg of the concerts, held at the Jamsil Gymnasium in Songpa District, southern Seoul, on Sept 9 and 10, will be the boy band's first concerts in Korea in six years, following "6Nights" held in Jule 2016, JYP Entertainment said Thursday.

The Sept. 10 performance will be livestreamed through Beyond Live, an online concert streaming service.

The Japanese leg of the concerts will be held at the Ariake Arena in Tokyo on Oct. 7 and 8, making it their first concert in Japan in seven years.  

Tickets to the Korean concerts will be opened first to members of the band's official fan club on Aug. 4, followed by a general ticket sale on Aug. 7. Tickets for live viewing will also go on sale the same day.

Tickets sales information for the Japanese leg of the concerts will be announced at a future date, JYP Entertainment said.

2PM is a six-member boy band that debuted under JYP Entertainment in 2008, known for multiple hit songs, including "Heartbeat" (2009), "My House" (2015) and "Hands Up" (2011). Five members of the boy band — Jun. K, Nichkhun, Wooyoung, Junho and Chansung — re-singed their exclusive contracts with JYP Entertainment back in 2018 and Taecyeon left the agency to sign an exclusive contract with agency 51k. All six members, however, work with JYP Entertainment when promoting under the band 2PM.  

To find out more about 2PM, visit Celeb Confirmed!  

BY CHO YONG-JUN [cho.yongjun1@joongang.co.kr]

credit : JoongAngDaily

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/2023/07/27/entertainment/kpop/2PM-Concert-Korea/20230727162225611.html

I'm so there.  Booked, I just hope I am able to get tickets.

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote images! Thanks!
  • Wiggle 1

Top 2 K-pop groups with most successful idol-turned-actors 

These two groups boast the most amazing idol-actors in the entertainment industry. 

2PM

2PM debuted on September 4, 2008, and left a lasting impression with the strong, rebellious, and masculine images that set them apart from other boy groups of the time.

2pm-1-072723.webp

After years of working, 2PM members have walked down different paths. Lee Jun Ho and Taecyeon have been working harder in the acting scene and garnering considerable success. 

Taecyeon

Another famous name from 2PM is Taecyeon, a rapper, singer, songwriter, actor, and entrepreneur. The idol-actor got one of his first roles in “Dream High” as the rebellious but talented and independent Jin Guk. He continued his acting pursuit with “Who Are You,” “Bright it on Ghost,” and “Vincenzo.” 

Taecyeon-11-072823-544x470.webp

The actor made various transformations in “The Game: Towards Zero,” “Secret Royal Inspector & Joy,” and “Blind.”

Viewers cannot catch him with the same role back to back. 

Returning as the male lead in “Heartbeat,” Taecyeon transforms into a vampire who awaits his chance to become a human. His attempts, and failures, to adapt to the human way of life bring nonstop laughter to viewers. 

Viewers are particularly impressed with Taecyeon’s attitude toward his job: having the best time on set while staying in his character when needed. 

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://kbizoom.com/top-2-k-pop-groups-with-most-successful-idol-turned-actors/

***In newly released stills from "Heartbeat" next episode, which is TONIGHT, a series of tense confrontations occurs as a result of In Hae and Woo Hyul’s clear romantic chemistry. On the previous episode of the drama, Na Hae Won (Yoon So Hee) suggested to In Hae that they throw a party to promote her new guesthouse. A set of photos shows Do Shik grabbing Woo Hyul by the arm to confront him outside the party. The next episode of “Heartbeat” is on July 31 at 9:45 p.m. KST!   :Twerkdatbutt:

Taecyeon-Park-Kang-Hyun.jpg

Taecyeon-5.jpg

0000903392_001_20230730111201246.jpg?typ

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=144&aid=0000903392

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2PM’s Taecyeon And Park Kang Hyun Face Off Over Won Ji An In “Heartbeat”

Spoiler

20230730215649_Heartbeat-1.jpg?s=900x600

The love quadrangle on KBS 2TV’s “Heartbeat” is heating up!

“Heartbeat” is a fantasy romance drama starring Taecyeon as Seon Woo Hyul, who is half-human and half-vampire. Although he desperately wants to become human, he misses his chance because of one fateful day out of 100 years. He eventually winds up moving in together with Joo In Hae (Won Ji An), a cold-blooded woman who lacks humanity despite being fully human.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “Heartbeat,” Na Hae Won (Yoon So Hee) suggested to In Hae that they throw a party to promote her new guesthouse. She also revealed that she wanted to ask Woo Hyul out at the party and asked In Hae to help her get together with him.

However, once the party was underway, In Hae unexpectedly wound up dancing with Woo Hyul instead. As the two shared a romantic moment on the dance floor, both Hae Won and Shin Do Shik (Park Kang Hyun) were visibly unhappy about the unexpected turn of events.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, a series of tense confrontations occurs as a result of In Hae and Woo Hyul’s clear romantic chemistry. In Hae rushes to stop an upset Hae Won from leaving the party—but after hearing the pointed words Hae Won coldly throws at her before taking off, In Hae is left shocked and in despair.

Won-Ji-An-Yoon-So-Hee.jpgYoon-So-Hee-1.jpgWon-Ji-An-3.jpgWon-Ji-An-2-1.jpg

Meanwhile, another set of photos shows Do Shik grabbing Woo Hyul by the arm to confront him outside the party. Woo Hyul unflinchingly returns his gaze, with neither man willing to stand down as they glare at one another while exchanging words.

Taecyeon-Park-Kang-Hyun.jpgTaecyeon-5.jpgPark-Kang-Hyun.jpg

To find out what these four characters have to say to one another—and how their relationships will change in the wake of the party—catch the next episode of “Heartbeat” on July 31 at 9:45 p.m. KST!

• Like 1

3 Male Kpop idols on the 2023 small screen: Who did it best? 

From Lee Jun Ho to Park Hyung Sik, various male Kpop idols are appearing on the small screen in 2023. 

Ok Taecyeon

Alongside Lee Jun Ho, another member of 2PM, Ok Taecyeon, also returned to the small screen in 2023. In particular, he assumes the role of half-vampire Sun Woo Hyeol in “Heartbeat.”

Despite always wanting to become fully human, circumstances caused Woo Yeol to miss his chance and had no choice but to continue living as a vampire. In fact, he somehow started to live with Joo In Hae (Won Ji An), a coldhearted woman. Their contrasting personalities often lead to funny and awkward situations that make the viewers laugh.

Taecyeon

In general, Taecyeon’s performance as Sun Woo Hyeol is undoubtedly entertaining, as he successfully portrayed the naive and foolish side of a vampire attempting to reintegrate into society.

However, the drama itself is lacking in terms of writing, and the chemistry is not too explosive, causing “Heartbeat” to lose its momentum after a few episodes.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://kbizoom.com/3-male-kpop-idols-on-the-2023-small-screen-who-did-it-best/

• Blob 1

• partyon changed the title to Ok TaecYeon 옥택연 | Current Drama "Heartbeat"

*** “Heartbeat” has unveiled brand new stills. The released stills capture an unusual atmosphere between Woo Hyul and Hae Won. Woo Hyul visits Hae Won and gets shocked when she suddenly embraces him.   :kisslevel:

yoon-so-hee-taecyeon.jpeg

taecyeon-2-2.jpeg

taecyeon-4.jpeg

source : https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/438/0000057716

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2PM’s Taecyeon And Yoon So Hee Have A Serious Conversation In “Heartbeat”

Spoiler

20230731104125_taecyeon-yoon-so-hee-1.jp

“Heartbeat” has unveiled brand new stills of Taecyeon and Yoon So Hee!

“Heartbeat” is a fantasy romance drama starring Taecyeon as Seon Woo Hyul, who is half-human and half-vampire. Although he desperately wants to become human, he misses his chance because of one fateful day out of 100 years. He eventually winds up moving in together with Joo In Hae (Won Ji An), a cold-blooded woman who lacks humanity despite being fully human.

Yoon So Hee plays Na Hae Won, a smart and beautiful real estate investor from a wealthy family who resembles Yoon Hae Sun, Seon Woo Hyul’s first love from the Joseon era.

Spoilers

Previously in “Heartbeat,” Hae Won received a portrait of Yoon Hae Sun from Ri Man Hwi (Baek Seo Hoo), hid the portrait, and visited Woo Hyul to provoke him. After learning that Hae Sun died a long time ago, Hae Won’s curiosity about Woo Hyul only grew stronger, making viewers wonder what kind repercussions her actions will have in the future.

The released stills capture an unusual atmosphere between Woo Hyul and Hae Won. Woo Hyul visits Hae Won and gets shocked when she suddenly embraces him.

In another set of stills, Hae Won who is captured looking at Woo Hyul with a wistful expression shows him the portrait she received from Man Hwi. While talking to Hae Won, who has a scroll in her hand, Woo Hyul’s expression becomes more serious.

yoon-so-hee-taecyeon.jpeg

taecyeon-2-2.jpeg

yoon-so-hee-2.jpeg

During his conversation with Hae Won, Woo Hyul suddenly realizes something and makes a shocking remark, which surprises Hae Won. Viewers can’t wait to find out what Woo Hyul might have said to surprise Hae Won and how their relationship will change in the future.

taecyeon-4.jpeg

yoon-so-hee-1.jpeg

The next episode of “Heartbeat” airs on July 31 at 9:45 p.m. KST.

• Blob 1

*** "Heartbeat" is deserving more but getting less than it deserves. This is a cruel mistress this thing we call drama fate.  I am actually personally enjoying this show a lot.. Sometimes I stop looking at the drama's ratings. I love "Heartbeat." It is an absolute JOY. What’s gotten me excited is that starting episode 5, it has developed into one of the sweetest romances I’ve seen recently. I like that it's fairly fun, light, and it's totally different to ANY portrayals of vampires I've EVER seen. It appears to be consistently getting about half of the total audience for Mondays and Tuesdays to tune in, it means it's not a hit but also not a flop. I don't really care about ratings but I'm always interested in what the Knetz love or hate or choose to ignore. You don’t have to like vampires to like "Heartbeat."    :ohboy2:

Drama viewership ratings for the week of July 24-30, 2023

LINK here : dramabeans

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/07/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-july-24-30-2023/

Monday, July 24      
Not Others 3 ENA 2.5%
Heartbeat 9 KBS 2.3%

Tuesday, July 25      
Not Others 4 ENA 2.8%
Heartbeat 10 KBS 2.5%

• Blob 1

*** There are K-actors/singers who may be want to evade or delay their military enlistment, but, Taecyeon is different - He wanted to join the military. In fact, he voluntarily gave up his USA Green Card to enlist in Korea’s military. On an episode of JTBC’s Knowing Bros, 2PM made a guest appearance on the show. Taecyeon commented, “I ate a lot because there was a lot to eat at the military. My muscles continued to grow, and I reached 99 kg (~218 lbs). I have currently lost about 18 kg (~39 lbs).”  Min Kyung Hoon asked, “What was your reason for giving up your U.S. permanent residency to enlist in the military?” To this, Taecyeon replied, “I received love from so many people. I felt that this was an obligation that I had to do.”    :loveu:

BZBDHUJ8R51JynXhLXVVbTtFvYgKIeUZhjH_qnsb

GHuUGPb1tfwmBNMS7zfEW_u0RhA0PZL0W2PuRoEP

img_20210703223958_01l2e8zn.webp

source : https://www.insight.co.kr/news/346801

Top 16 JTBC Dramas With The Highest Ratings Ever

*** Please note that these ratings are the highest ratings ever reached, not the dramas' total average ratings.

2. "Reborn Rich" - 26.9%

When a loyal employee of a conglomerate is murdered by his employers, he has a chance to get his revenge as he is reborn as the grandson of the family. Armed with the knowledge of the future and the company, he steadily gains the influence and power he needs to become the next chairman of the company. However, even with his knowledge and smarts, his path is not a rosy one as other forces create stumbling blocks on his way toward revenge. Starring Song JoongKi, Shin HyunBin, Taecyeon and Lee SungMin, with its engrossing storyline, the series gripped the attention of many viewers which saw its ratings reach an impressive high of 26.9%.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/top-12-jtbc-dramas-with-the-highest-ratings-ever/

*** "Heartbeat" stays true to its name and makes my heart race! The chemistry between main leads is good.  

:hypehype:

5 Enchanting Romance Scenes Of Fantasy Romance K-Drama "Heartbeat"

KBS-Heartbeat-2PM-Ok-TaecYeon-Won-JiAn.j

K-Dramas are filled with intense action scenes, nail-biting suspense, and heartwarming friendships. Then of course, they also hold heart-fluttering stories of love that perk up every romantic cell in our body. From first loves to contractual marriage, many series are filled with relationships that make our hearts practically jump out of our chest. A series that has captivated fans across the globe is KBS' fantasy romance K-Drama, "Heartbeat".

"Heartbeat" revolves around the vampire, Son WooHyul (2PM's Ok TaecYeon), who desires to become a human to experience a human-like love that make his heart race. However, he ultimately fails due to being woken up one day too early. He meets modern lady, Joo InHae (Won JiAn), who shows no passion or concern towards him. InHae only worries about her own survival and how she'll get through to the following day.

The KBS drama has tipped over its halfway mark and remains true to its name. At various moments, it makes viewers' hearts race at a hundred miles an hour. While the chemistry between main leads is the primary focus, the second leads in Park KangHyun and Yoon SoHui also have their moments to shine. Overall, "Heartbeat" is absolutely filled with romantic scenarios that make you gush all day long.

Here are a few heart-fluttering scenes from "Heartbeat" so far.

Warning: this article contains spoilers.

1. Unintentional First Kiss

The first few episodes of the KBS drama are in large part comedic mixed with a layer of sentimentality. This sets the stage for the rest of the series as being one of light-hearted fun. But before the dust can settle, it quickly switches gears and presents audiences with an event that's usually reserved for much later: the main leads' first kiss.

It takes viewers by pleasant surprise to see the heat of romance rise between Son WooHyul and Joo InHae so early on. You cannot help but let out an audible gasp as the two share a kiss on screen. If this was an indicator of anything, the romance is sure to be sizzling by the end of the "Heartbeat".

2. Shin DoShik Secretly Treats Joo InHae To A Meal

As with many series, "Heartbeat" wouldn't be a romance drama if it didn't have at least one pining secondary lead. While it's made obvious that Shin DoShik (Park KangHyun) will remain second place in Joo InHae's heart, you cannot help but feel bad for his situation. Especially when he has moments of brilliance, proving that he's definitely boyfriend material.

One night he notices InHae head into a wine bar that his company launched and shortly follows after her. Although he smiles upon sight of her, he realizes something is wrong. So, like any character with a secret crush, DoShik decides to secretly cover InHae's expenses. Although he doesn't outwardly express himself, the gesture is utterly sweet and kind. This moment, among many others, makes you want to root for Shin DoShik and his eternal happiness.

3. An Embrace In A Flower Meadow

When Son WooHyul meets Na HaeWon (Yoon SoHui), he sees the spitting image of his first love, Yoon HaeSun. Moved by his memories of his first love, he quickly takes hold of every moment that allows them to be together. They do everything from dinner to visiting an art museum, as well as a nice afternoon walk among nature.

The two stop along the path, talk seriously about their feelings toward one another, and eventually end with a warm embrace. The scene is just visually beautiful as Son WooHyul and Na HaeWon are surrounded by a sea of gorgeous flowers. The ethereal moment will make your soul leave your body, yearning for an embrace just like that.

4. Breathtaking Dance Between Main Leads

K-Drama parties can be extravagant, fun, and filled with a whole lot of romance. As the two main leads hold a party to promote their newly opened guesthouse, it gets to a point where the attendees are cheering for Joo InHae to take to the dance floor. Seeing her flustered expression, WooHyul comforts her, takes her hand, and leads her from the moment the music begins.

The scene is absolutely breathtaking as sparks start to fly between the two. It feels fairytale-esque, as if they were a storybook couple come to life. By the end, you'll find yourself smiling ear to ear as they float across the dance floor.

5. Son WooHyul And Joo InHae Give Into Their Feelings

While their chemistry started to ramp up, they always kept a firm line in place. Joo InHae only wished to earn money to survive and Son WooHyul simply wanted to become a human. However, after falling unconscious, WooHyul wakes up to find InHae by his side. It's a touching moment as our main female lead pours out how she worried over our male lead and that she might have feelings for him.

It seems this was the only signal needed, as right after InHae said those words, WooHyul immediately went in for a kiss.

After weeks of romantic tension, they finally give into their feelings, providing audiences a reason to jump up and cheer.

The waves of butterflies this scene provides is endless and will remain in your mind all day long.

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/5-enchanting-romance-scenes-of-fantasy-romance-kdrama-heartbeat/