Ok TaecYeon 옥택연 | [Upcoming Drama 2024 "Taereung Zombie Village"]

Admin

*** So deafening around here right now............. I hope I could get news on Taecyeon soon. I have to re-watch his recent drama "Heartbeat" as not to miss him this much on-screen. I was enjoying the series — until the ending came. It's a little disappointing to me. I was not ready to accept the sad ending.   :kisslevel:

AoDQqLp1vqnbcYwHzySRauhFf_EO2E1KL90nGRjh

[Aisha's Take] Top 3 K-Drama CEO Villains Who Left their Mark

photo1742577.jpg

Charisma? Check. Evilness? Check. 100% Visuals? Also Check.

We have seen many main CEO leads in K-Dramas. The ideal boyfriends who take care of and love the female leads with all their hearts. But what if the CEO isn't a good boy? What if he is a vicious villain instead?

photo1740706.jpg

"Vincenzo" - Jang Joon-woo

From a lovely intern to a psychotic CEO, Jang Joon-woo (Ok Taecyeon) remains the biggest plot twist in the history of K-Dramas.

Joon-woo worked as an intern in a disguise. The firm worked for the Babel Group, helping them get away with their crimes. Whilst he was in disguise, he placed his half-brother on the seat of the CEO- as a puppet, of course.

His disguise was so perfect that no one could have suspected him. All one could see was a young, adorable intern from America. On the other hand, his real self was totally different. He was a narcissist psychopath who was obsessed with power.

photo1740707.jpg

Ok Taecyeon's duality had fans speechless, and certainly, obsessed with him.

"Vincenzo" is directed by Ham Seung-hoon, Kim Hee-won-II, written by Park Jae-beom-I, and features Song Joong-ki, Jeon Yeo-been, Ok Taecyeon, Jo Han-chul, Kim Yeo-jin, Yoon Byung-hee. Broadcasting information in Korea: 2021/02/20~2021/05/02, Sat, Sun 21:00 on tvN.

Where to Watch

Powered by JustWatch

source : https://www.hancinema.net/aisha-s-take-red-flag-alert-top-3-k-drama-ceo-villains-who-left-their-mark-173759.html

• 2 weeks later...

*** KBS Drama Awards 2023 Most Popular Actor Online vote for the 2023/12/31 ceremony presented by Seol In-ah, Jang Sung-kyu and Rowoon.

Vote for Ok Taecyeon ("Heartbeat - Drama")

To vote for the most popular actresses and actors on KBS, you have to go to this page.

You can sign up here :
sso.kbs.co.kr/SSO/KBSWeb/member/MemberJoin00SNEN.php

photo1747032.jpg

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

KBS Drama Awards 2023 Nominees - Dramas

photo1747022.jpg

Monday-Tuesday Dramas

"Brain Works"
"Oasis - Drama"
"My Perfect Stranger"
"Heartbeat - Drama"
"My Lovely Boxer"
"The Matchmakers"

Popular K-pop Boy Groups in December 2023: BTS, SEVENTEEN, More!

The Korean Business Research Institute has officially announced its newest brand reputation rankings for K-pop boy groups.

According to the institute, the results were derived from numerous aspects such as the participation of consumers, coverage with the media, and overall exposure that can lead to buzz. The chart was covered from November 9 to December 9.

1. BTS

2. SEVENTEEN

3. Stray Kids

4. ZEROBASEONE

5. SHINee

6. NCT

7. EXO

8. RIIZE

9. THE BOYZ

10. VIXX

11. Super Junior

12. ENHYPEN

13. ASTRO

14. ATEEZ

15. TREASURE

16. MONSTA X

17. WINNER

18. TXT

19. BTOB

20. 2PM

21. Wanna One

22. Highlight

23. BOYNEXTDOOR

24. PENTAGON

25. FANTASY BOYS

26. Golden Child

27. GOT7

28. LUMINOUS

29. SF9

30. Block B

source : https://www.stoo.com/article.php?aid=90592629139

*** Recently, a user on the online forum The Qoo gathered data on Google Trends about the most-searched K-Pop artists from 2004 until this year, specifically searches in South Korea. Based on this data, they calculated which artists had the highest number of searches during this 20-year period.   :doggie:

The 20 Most-Searched K-Pop Artists On Google Over The Last 20 Years

Here’s a look at the data gathered to make this list.

pz4LpeIXU40oGhmuGbYoqCVw3x-e9ImcKHpWGgdM

19. 2PM

3Lb5lQ1IhdK_E1KC4rcKSaPn3YuoCVA_TljZyJ_f

2PM debuted in 2008, and since then, they’ve made 897k album sales and are the 19th-most-searched K-Pop artist since 2004!

source : https://theqoo.net/hot/3041496448

*** On December 15th, Taecyeon took on the role of a "Homemade Alcohol Class" instructor on Na Youngsuk's PD's Youtube channel and shared his newfound hobby of making alcohol. Na PD first explained that the idea for the content started when Taecyeon gifted him a bottle of homemade alcohol. Taecyeon shared, "How I came to like alcohol is that one of our 2PM members Nichkhun really likes wine. We started having wine together and once I got into it, I loved the fragrance and taste. But it wasn't cost-effective. Not only is it pricey, but once you open a bottle, you have to finish it. That's how I got into whiskey. Whiskey is stronger, so I could get drunk drinking in small amounts and there's no problem in leaving the bottle open. I thought 'Maybe I could make it at home.'"   :hypehype:

20231221_034411_510_n%2015ya.jpg

source : Gstarlive

35+ Rom-Com Dramas Of 2023 (K-Drama Masterlist)

With another year behind us, Soompi has prepared masterlists of 2023 K-dramas organized by genre for drama fans!

Here are K-dramas from 2023 that include rom-com elements (although many of these dramas fit into other genres as well).

Includes dramas that premiered in 2022 and ended in 2023 as well as dramas that premiered in 2023 and are set to end in 2024. 

“Heartbeat”

heartbeat.jpg

Cast: Taecyeon, Won Ji An, Park Kang Hyun, Yoon So Hee

Premiere Date: June 26

“Heartbeat” is a fantasy romance drama about Seon Woo Hyul (Taecyeon), a half-human and half-vampire who desperately wants to become human but misses his chance because of one fateful day out of 100 years. He eventually winds up moving in together with Joo In Hae (Won Ji An), a cold-blooded woman who lacks humanity despite being fully human.

credit : soompi news

• 2 weeks later...

*** Starbucks is boycotted due to Israel-Palestine crisis. In October, the worker-led union of popular American coffee chain Starbucks, which represents 9,000 employees, shared a post via X (formerly Twitter). The union stated that they stand in solidarity with Palestine. Consequently, Starbucks was added to a list of companies to boycott. Customers thought it was not only unethical of Starbucks to sue its employees but that the company had chosen a controversial stance rather than act in solidarity with the oppressed. Starbucks has lost at least $12 billion USD in market value, even facing store closure and bankruptcy in many countries due to the boycott.Taecyeon has deleted a vlog because when Taecyeon uploaded a vlog with fellow 2PM member Jun. K, Hottest (2PM’s fandom) noticed that Taecyeon was drinking out of a Starbucks cup. Fans expressed their concerns. His YouTube channel still has many vlogs uploaded, but the one in question is no longer available. Many fans are happy that Taecyeon took action to delete the vlog. They believe he has seen their posts. Starbucks Korea is technically independent, but netizens still have concerns.   :kitty:

Kj0Pz-pMy-liVq6Pk97rpPOrIWCY-Aea6ZcJltOY

source : Koreaboo

Top 10 psychological thriller K-dramas that will keep you guessing

Psychological thriller K-dramas always keep you hooked with their twists and turns. Here are some top recommended K-dramas of this genre to add to your watchlist.

While romantic Korean dramas undoubtedly attract more vocal online fandoms, the finest K-drama thrillers enjoy equal popularity. Psychological thriller K-dramas are a prominent and skillfully executed genre within the South Korean entertainment landscape. K-dramas are renowned for their elevated production standards, suspenseful, compelling, and immersive plots, and top-notch acting that creates an emotional connection between characters and viewers. 

Through bold storytelling, K-dramas skillfully tackle societal matters, individual challenges, and universal themes like family, friendship, and love. This thoughtful approach creates content that transcends cultural boundaries, resonating with audiences worldwide.

Alongside the widely appreciated romantic and melodramatic series, South Korea consistently delivers compelling psychological thriller and suspense-filled shows that effectively keep audiences on the edge of their seats.

Here are top Psychological thriller K-dramas that will surely keep you hooked

3. Save Me

Save Me stands out as one of the most haunting psychological thriller K-dramas. This suspenseful Korean drama unfolds the story of Im Sang Mi (Seo Ye Ji), a high school student whose family moves to rural Muji County. The Im family faces a series of misfortunes, and Sang Mi's brother, Sang Jin, tragically succumbs to bullying in their new town, leading to a heartbreaking loss. Devastated by grief, the ominous Goseonwon cult preys on Sang Mi's mourning parents, manipulating them into relocating their remaining family into their church despite Sang Mi's instincts warning her against it. Years later, Sang Mi's former classmates, led by Han Sang Hwan (Ok Taecyeon), coincidentally encounter her, and they gradually uncover the cult's sinister nature.

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/top-10-psychological-thriller-k-dramas-that-will-keep-you-guessing-1270403

10 best horror K-dramas of all time to add to your favourites list

Kingdom, Revenant, Hellbound and many more horror K-dramas are spine chilling and perfect if you are looking for a spooky series. Here is a look at the best.

Horror K-dramas like Hellbound, Kingdom, Geodam and many more will definitely give you a chill down the spine with their spooky visuals and eerie music. From zombie apocalypse, horrifying creatures to ghosts and more; horror K-dramas include many kinds of scary stories. Not only that, scary K-dramas like Strangers from Hell and Save Me don’t feature any external entity and showcase the horrors of the human mind and society. Here is a look at the best horror K-dramas. 

2. Save Me

Save Me is a 2017 drama that has elements of thriller and horror. The drama is adapted from the webtoon Out of the World. It tells the story of a family who slowly start becoming a part of a cult. The main character and her family move to a totally new place after her father's business fails. As the family deals with the turmoil, they come across a spiritual leader who offers them the right path, and hence the family gets sucked into the cult. Four young men try to save the family. The drama stars Seo Ye Ji, Ok Taecyeon, Woo Do Hwan, and Jo Sung Ha. 

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/10-best-horror-k-dramas-of-all-time-to-add-to-your-favourites-list-1271711

10 best crime K-dramas of all time: From Vincenzo to Mouse and more

Vincenzo, Mouse, Flowers of Evil, My Name and mane more crime K-dramas are a splendid watch and will keep viewers engaged till the end. Here is a look.

Vincenzo, Flower of Evil, Mouse and many more crime K-dramas provide thrill and action to the audience. The viewers get involved in the mystery and the story of such detective K-dramas. Action K-dramas like My Name and Taxi Driver not only create a mystery but also provide a spectacle with fighting and stunt scenes. Such thriller K-dramas create excitement and keep the viewers hooked on for the next episode. Here is a list of some of the best crime K-dramas. 

4. Vincenzo

Vincenzo is a highly-rated drama from 2021 which was a commercial success. It is counted amongst the best K-dramas. Song Joong Ki, Jeon Yeo Been and Ok Taecyeon take on the main roles in the drama series. The story revolves around an Italian consigliere lawyer who comes to South Korea to fulfil his job and gets involved with a lawyer to fight against a powerful conglomerate. 

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/10-best-crime-k-dramas-of-all-time-from-vincenzo-to-mouse-and-more-1271890

35+ Fantasy Dramas Of 2023 (K-Drama Masterlist)

For K-drama fans still catching up on dramas from last year, Soompi has prepared masterlists of 2023 K-dramas organized by genre!

Here are K-dramas from 2023 that include fantasy elements (although many of these dramas fit into other genres as well).

Includes dramas that premiered in 2022 and ended in 2023.

“Heartbeat”

heartbeat.jpg

Cast: Taecyeon, Won Ji An, Park Kang Hyun, Yoon So Hee

Premiere Date: June 26

“Heartbeat” is a fantasy romance drama about Seon Woo Hyul (Taecyeon), a half-human and half-vampire who desperately wants to become human but misses his chance because of one fateful day out of 100 years. He eventually winds up moving in together with Joo In Hae (Won Ji An), a cold-blooded woman who lacks humanity despite being fully human.

• 2 weeks later...

*** The 1st Asia Star Entertainer Awards (ASEA) announced that Taecyeon and Girls’ Generation’s Yuri would serve as the hosts of its first-ever ceremony this April 10. The Asia Star Entertainer Awards 2024 will be held in Japan.   :kisslevel:

202402021005222410_1_20240202100902174.j

source : https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=609&aid=0000819537

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2PM’s Taecyeon And Girls’ Generation’s Yuri To Host 1st Asia Star Entertainer Awards

20240202015438_Taecyeon-Yuri.jpg?s=900x6

The upcoming Asia Star Entertainer Awards (ASEA) has revealed its MCs!

On February, the Asia Star Entertainer Awards announced that 2PM’s Taecyeon and Girls’ Generation’s Yuri would serve as the hosts of its first-ever ceremony this April.

A new awards show launched by Newsen and @star1 magazine, the Asia Star Entertainer Awards will celebrate the top

K-pop artists and Asian singers who lit up the world stage over the past year.

The Asia Star Entertainer Awards 2024 will be held in Japan on April 10.

• partyon changed the title to Ok TaecYeon 옥택연 | [Upcoming Drama 2024 "Taereung Zombie Village"]

*** I hated his character in "Vincenzo" but, at the same time admiring him because TAECYEON CARRIED it through.   :kisslevel:

The Most Infuriating Villains in K-Dramas that you Love to Hate

Have you ever watched a K-drama where the actor playing the villain is so convincing that you find yourself torn between admiration and disdain? The depth with which these actors embody their roles is remarkable, and among the plethora of K-drama villains, here are seven who are particularly infuriating.

6. Jang Jun Woo from "Vincenzo"

Jang Jun Woo's unshakeable composure made him an especially vexing villain. His indifference to threats and determination to escalate his malevolence were both chilling and exasperating.

source : https://www.allkpop.com/article/2024/02/the-most-infuriating-villains-in-k-dramas-that-you-love-to-hate

*** The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for male idol groups!

The rankings were determined through an analysis of the consumer participation, media coverage, interaction, and community indexes of various boy groups, using big data collected from January 10 to February 10.   :blush:

Check out the top 30 for this month below!

1. SEVENTEEN
  2. RIIZE
  3. THE BOYZ
  4. BTS
  5. NCT
  6. EXO
  7. Super Junior
  8. Stray Kids
  9. ZEROBASEONE
  10. BTOB
  11. SHINee
  12. B1A4
  13. ENHYPEN
  14. INFINITE
  15. TVXQ
  16. ASTRO
  17. MONSTA X
  18. TREASURE
  19. ATEEZ
  20. PENTAGON
  21. WINNER
  22. TXT
  23. Wanna One
  24. VIXX
  25. 2PM
  26. SF9
  27. BOYNEXTDOOR
  28. CRAVITY
  29. GOT7
  30. Highlight

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0004108773

• 2 weeks later...

*** "Vincenzo"  celebrates its third anniversary since premiere (February 20, 2021). The show's success extended globally, ranking high on Netflix's viewership charts and the list of most-viewed Korean series on Netflix in 2021. The first episode's 7.7% rating marked a strong start, and the finale's 14.6% rating solidified its place among the highest-rated Korean cable dramas.    :kaching1:

• 2 weeks later...

*** Shownu X Hyungwon released a cover of 2PM’s iconic 2009 hit “I Hate You”—one of the duo’s favorite songs from back in the day—on February 29. MONSTA X’s Shownu X Hyungwon chat about looking up to 2PM. Regarding their rendition of 2PM’s “I Hate You,” Shownu and Hyungwon emphasized, “‘I Hate You’ is such an iconic song, and the original version will always be something only 2PM can deliver. So rather than covering the track as it is, we’re honoring the song by delivering a version that allows us to put our best performance forward. 2PM’s version is more powerful and wild compared to ours. We wanted to make it more laidback and smooth to fit our unit music style better.” They also reflected on how 2PM inspired them when they were younger and how they shaped their growth following their debut. “We grew up admiring the performances and choreography videos of our respected and beloved sunbaes (senior artists) 2PM.”   :kisslevel:

11 funny K-dramas on Netflix

Funny K-dramas on Netflix can easily brighten your day within seconds. From an intricate story to a phenomenal cast, these shows truly have it all. Moreover, these series are certainly breaking the stereotype of K-dramas being only of the romantic genre and adding a fresh element to the industry. 

3. Vincenzo 

Starring Song Joong Ki, Jeon Yeo Been, Ok Taec Yeon, Kwak Dong Yeon, and more, this K-drama was one of the most popular ones during its release. With an IMDB rating of 8.9 out of 10, it tells the story of Vincenzo Cassano, a Korean-Italian mafia lawyer who returns to South Korea and gets entangled in a battle against corrupt conglomerates. Mixing dark comedy with intense action, this series offers a unique blend of humor and suspense.

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/11-funny-k-dramas-on-netflix-1285532