Ok TaecYeon 옥택연 | [Upcoming Drama 2024 "Taereung Zombie Village"]

Admin

*** Prior to Taecyeon's 'SpecialTY' fan meeting in Manila, he held a press conference where he talked about his experience in both the acting and music industry for (15) years, acting projects, and more. According to him, his debut feels like it just happened yesterday. "15 years... For some people, it is a long time, but for me, it's very quick. I've learned a lot of things from my experiences." When asked about his relationship with his fellow 2PM members, he said that at first, they were just like business partners, but as time went by and after 15 years being together, Taecyeon shared that they've always got each other's backs, saying, "We now always trust and support each other." Juggling activities both as a group member and a solo artist apart from being a renowned actor, he revealed that responsibility-wise, he thinks that it's much easier being in a group than going solo. "When you're a solo artist, you will be the only one taking care of everything." With all his achievements and success, he always recognizes and gives credit to his fans for being one of the reasons for his success and longevity by just being with him in his journey. "My motivation is, I would say, my fans. It has to be. Every time I work or perform, it is because of them." He then revealed his ultimate goal: "I want to expand my spectrum as an actor. I want to try to take on more roles." Speaking of his acting projects, he stated that he would like to try something that would allow him to show his physique, "Maybe a boxer?"   :Please:

1695475139-img-20230923-211842.jpg

photos source : allkpop

*** Taecyeon returns to Manila and appeared on stage, welcoming him loudly with screams that filled the New Frontier Theater on Saturday. He introduced himself in Filipino as “borta Taecyeon”. He said, “All I can say is I’m very grateful for you guys to come here. It’s raining outside…Thank you for spending it with me.” He sang 2PM’s “Magic”, followed by “Anyway”. He also performed several 2PM songs, including “Champagne,” “Toc Toc Toc”, “Jump”, “Hands Up” and “Forevermore”. He then went on to share some information about himself during the “TY TIME” segment, like how he only learned how to drink coffee in his late 20s, and that he prefers hot Americano over iced Americano. When asked about the title of his fan meeting tour in Asia, “SpecialTY”, he admitted there was really no special reason for it except wanting to include his initials in the title. He also shared the story behind some of the photos taken during the filming of his drama “Heartbeat”. Also,Taecyeon read some of the messages posted by his fans. They had a chance to take photos and get hugs from him by even went down the stage to approach the lucky fans. The fan meeting lasted for over two hours.  Taecyeon also personally deliver some of the gifts he prepared to some fans. He even brewed coffee on stage, before giving it to a special fan. Before the end of his final stage, he made a promise to come back to the Philippines, and to bring the other members of 2PM with him. He said, “It’s going to take a while but we will be back as six soon, I promise.” He added, "Thank you for choosing to see me.”   :kaching3:

20230924-taecyeon.jpg

*** A special night with Taecyeon in Manila started with him performing ‘Magic’ and his song ‘Anyway’. It was followed by him greeting the fans in Filipino! He said, “Hello. Ako ay si Borta Taecyeon. Na-miss ko kayo talaga. Welcome po lahat dito sa ‘SpecialTY’ ngayon. Sobrang masaya ako na ang simula ay ngayon dito sa Pilipinas. Sobrang masaya ako na makita kayo Hottests.” Then, he introduced Kring Kim as the MC for the fanmeet (still in Filipino language!). It was amazing of him to learn the language for a very personal greeting to his Filipino fans. It seems like his favorite word now is ‘borta’, meaning macho/muscle man, a word that he learned from his press conference the day before! (Hahaha)  He also performed ‘Vampire’ by Park Kang Hyun, which is the OST for his drama ‘Heartbeat’. It was his first time performing the song. He made a very personal cup for the pre-selected winners, which were also personally delivered by him to their seats. A fan-made video was shown on the screen, which made Taecyeon overwhelmed with feelings and thanked the fans for the support. He had the best fan service the whole night. Taecyeon is funny, playful, and adorable. His lovely personality, aside from his talents, good looks, and hotness made me love him even more.   :heart2:

20230924_210900.jpg?resize=768,768&ssl=1

- he was so game in wearing the tiger hairband during the whole segment

credit as tagged

BLAST FROM THE PAST: Most Iconic 2nd Generation Kpop Songs / Videos

RXrf.gif

Walk down the memory lane and vote for your favorite 2nd generation kpop songs. Or be curious and learn what set the Hallyu wave in serious motion 15 years ago. :kiss_wink:

Your Event Organizers

• partyon changed the title to Ok TaecYeon 옥택연 | [Drama 2023 "Heartbeat"]

*** Taecyeon recently held a presscon for his first fanmeeting in Manila, Philippines. Previously, his dream role was to portray a villain. Now, he has starred as the main antagonist in Vincenzo. So, his next goal as an actor is to try out something that would allow him to show his physique a little bit more than the characters that he has previously done, like 50 Shades of Grey. Wow.............. Taecyeon in a sexy role like Christian Grey!  :heart2:

YewOoXdrphNLIuNYGQiRH6Mc5MTt08RDHF4RUWIW

UC63BnC37ngrhZXqOfD_zqHFRbby5sFeBYHdcCOl

source : https://www.koreaboo.com/stories/2pm-ok-taecyeon-50-shades-grey-next-acting-role/

*** At a recent fanmeeting in Hong Kong, Taecyeon revealed he did not know his "Vincenzo" character was evil initially. So, he also thought he was just a cute intern as he read only the scripts for episodes one and two. Previously, he revealed to Eric Nam that he had always wanted to play a villain role but JYP Entertainment wouldn’t let him do the antagonist. So, it worked out in his favor!   :Twerkdatbutt:

The Top 35 Male Idols With The Best Abs As Voted By Fans

Do you agree with their choices?

There are tons of male K-Pop idols who work incredibly hard to have amazing bodies. Some of them are leaner while others are more on the muscular side, but all of them deserve to be proud of what they’ve accomplished through their working out! Korean entertainment website Kpopmap had K-Pop fans vote for who they believe has the (subjective) best abs in the industry, and the votes have been counted. Here are the top 35 idols (plus a couple more due to tied voting) for this category!

16. Taecyeon (2PM)

WWXBHfP7Q4QXpcDVrdUPhxEKQzCjjdO3sBtnpJGt67xPH0KEuyEA0M8G4nAi366g-afWg37ncYnRQp0i7d4rJM355j2u7vqLTXxzcqGhcnfJEi4=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

69 votes

source : https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/top-35-male-idols-best-abs-voted-fans/

Best Korean Dramas on Netflix

From Descendants of the Sun to Love Rain, keep scrolling for a complete list of the best Korean dramas currently streaming on Netflix along with their IMDb ratings.

The world of Korean entertainment has always been pretty enticing. The infamous South Korean entertainment industry has managed to gain global dominance by delivering addictive K-pop songs and exceptional K-dramas. Whether it is South Korean movies like Parasite, Korean dramas, or TV series like Squid Game, Korean content has certainly taken the world by storm. Right from fictional fantasy dramas to K-dramas that showcase the best of genres like comedy, drama, romance, science fiction, as well as horror. When it comes to the best of Korean dramas, Netflix has been nothing but an exceptional platform. With the latest Korean releases every day, Netflix has certainly been our go-to source to keep up with a Hallyu wave. 

That is precisely why we have curated the ultimate list of best Korean dramas on Netflix. We have done that along with their IMDb ratings, creators, cast members, and a brief introduction. Not just that we have also added a trailer or a poster to help you get a clear picture of whether you’d like to watch the show. So, what are you waiting for? Dive into the list of the best Korean dramas on Netflix and update your watchlist right away. 

The best Korean dramas on Netflix along with their IMDb ratings

12. Vincenzo (2021)

• Original title: Binsenjo
  • Running Time: 1h 20m
  • K Drama Genre: Action, Comedy, Crime
  • Number of episodes: 21
  • K Drama Star Cast: Song Joong Ki, Jeon Yeo Been, Taecyeon
  • Director: Kim Hui won
  • Writer: Park Jae Beom
  • Year of release: 2021
  • Where to Watch / OTT Platform: Netflix
  • IMDb Rating: 8.4/10

Vincenzo features beloved South Korean actors like Song Joong Ki, Jeon Yeo Been, as well as Taecyeon. Watch this action, comedy, and crime drama that’s directed by Kim Hui Won and penned by Park Jae Beom. The plot of the Korean drama revo

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/best-korean-dramas-on-netflix-1249165

5 K-Actors Who Slay the Role of Psychopath: Ok Taecyeon, Im Siwan, More

Versatile K-actors Ok Taecyeon, Im Siwan, and more established a lasting impression after playing the role of a psychopath.

Psychopath characters is challenging to give life to. The actors must immerse themselves in the dark persona and convey the character's emotions and identity to bring them to life.

Despite their battles between the good and the bad, as required by their roles, viewers can't help but admire these Korean stars who made outstanding performances through their evil persona.

Ok Taecyeon

Through tvN's "Vincenzo," Taecyeon made an unforgettable portrayal after playing as Jang Jun Woo. He first appeared as the charming intern lawyer, who has a soft spot for Hong Cha Young (Jeon Yo Bin).

ok-taecyeon.jpg?w=820

As the story progressed, it was revealed that he was the notorious Chairman of Babel, leaving viewers in shock with the unexpected twist.

He did a complete transformation going from the sweet and energetic intern to the cold psychopath who would do anything to get what he wanted, even if that meant killing his opponents.

source : https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/131613/20231013/5-k-actors-slay-role-psychopath-ok-taecyeon-im-siwan.htm

• 2 weeks later...

Ten Must-Watch K-Dramas to Get You in the Halloween Spirit

1697779824-halloweenkdrama.png

With their daring and varying genres and concepts, K-Dramas are perfect for binge-watching during different occasions and situations. With Halloween approaching, now is the time to watch some spine-tingling and frightening K-dramas that will send shivers down your spine. 

Whether you're a horror enthusiast or just want a taste of the spooky, these ten must-see K-Dramas will get you in the Halloween spirit and leave you wanting more. So grab a snack, turn down the lights, and get ready for a supernatural voyage into the world of K-Dramas that go roaring in the dead of night.

"Let's Fight Ghost"
"Let's Fight Ghost" incorporates horror, comedy, and romance as it tells the story of Kim Hyun Ji, portrayed by Kim So Hyun, a 19-year-old high school student who becomes a wandering ghost after a tragic accident. Her journey to regain her life as a human being takes an intriguing turn when she meets Park Bong Pal, portrayed by Taecyeon, an exorcist who can see ghosts and uses his ability to save money in order to take his supernatural abilities away. Their encounter will lead to an unexpected partnership to fight ghosts, which leads to thrilling encounters, spooky confrontations, and uncovering secrets of the past that hold Bong Pal and Hyun Ji back. 

source : https://www.allkpop.com/article/2023/10/ten-must-watch-k-dramas-to-get-you-in-the-halloween-spirit

6 Successful K-Drama Actors In Their 30s, From Kim Bum To Wi HaJun (Part 2)

These K-Drama actors have gained an immensely loyal fandom, that’s for sure.

K-Drama actors continue to be the talk of town as they dominate the acting scene. The industry never tires when there’s something new to talk about where K-Drama actors are concerned. Well, while we know that these talented men are good at what they do, there are some that have been and are unarguably more successful than their peers.

6. Ok TaeCyeon

TaeCyeon-%E2%80%93-TaeCyeons-Official-In

TaeCyeon's Official Instagram

From being a member of the 2nd gen boy group 2PM to becoming an in-demand actor, TaeCyeon has made quite the seamless transition. Even when we— and 2PM fans— love to see him sing and dance and be a funny and charismatic idol in the group, we also love his work on the big screen. Evidence of his success in acting is seen in dramas such as “Dream High”, “Vincenzo”, “Blind” and “Secret Royal Inspector & Joy”. He's shown just how much he can grow and improve as an actor, and we’re definitely here to support that.

Check out the trailer for “Heartbeat” here:

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/6-successful-kdrama-actors-in-their-30s-from-kim-bum-to-wi-hajun-part-2/

*** I re-watched his latest drama "Heartbeat".   It is an interesting plot but, I don’t understand why the drama continued to dip low as the series progressed. I feel bad for TaecYeon. And I have come to realize that K-drama scriptwriters do not have it in them to deliver a satisfying end so I guess I will live with that and adjust my expectations going forward. I love the drama except the finale. I felt like the writer just toyed with my emotion. I cried a little bit at the ending to the extent that my chest hurt so badly. The ending pretty much ruined it for me. Now, I invent my own ending of the drama in my head.  :blush:

*** On November 16, Baek Z Young uploaded a video featuring a conversation with TAECYEON. Here, she revealed why she chose TAECYEON to sing with her on her song, 'Candy in My Ears'. She started by praising TAECYEON for achieving a remarkable career in acting over the years, alongside group activities; to this, TAECYEON humbly said, "I wasn't good enough as a singer to pursue a singing career as a solo artist." "Why would you say that? I chose you for 'Candy in My Ears' because you stood out the most." She began sharing the behind-the-scenes story of how TAECYEON became her duet partner for the song. "Producer Bang Si-hyuk gave me two dance songs-one for a female solo and the other for a male-female duet. The duet song was fantastic.", she said, explaining that the mentioned duet song was 'Candy in My Ears'. She recalled, "Several people were mentioned as possible duet partners for the song, and you, with your face and body, stood out among the other candidates. I said I would go with you no matter what." Baek Z Young then revealed that she still had not changed her mind despite the 'absurd' condition that TAECYEON's agency had requested. She remarked, "The conditions presented by your manager were just too much. It seemed a bit absurd. I mean, your share of the song's profit was bigger than mine. Although I knew it wasn't a good arrangement for me, I still wanted to work on the song with you. That's how you've been cast." Hahaha - TAECYEON's charm was impossible to pass, even though she ended up losing billions of wons… Baek Z Young told TAECYEON with a chuckle, "I heard that you were quite surprised by the offer." TAECYEON remarked, "Yeah. I was just a rookie who debuted eight months ago when you, a big sunbae-nim who started your career much earlier than I did, offered me to collaborate on a duet song. I was like, 'Why me, though?'. Anyway, It wasn't up to me to decide. Back then, I did whatever our agency told me to do." Baek Z Young jokingly exclaimed, "Well, lucky for me that you didn't have a choice!"  :heart2:

201858534_700.webp

source : SBS Star

*** Lee Minwoo appeared as a guest on Jaejoong’s new variety program, JaeFriends, and together, they discussed their early days at SM Entertainment, their mutual friends, and more. While discussing Shinhwa’s image, Lee Minwoo and Kim Jaejoong named the “sexiest” idol groups from K-Pop’s first, second, and third generations. Jaejoong named 2PM as the “sexy idols” of K-Pop’s second generation.   :kicks:

MpxFk9zw2DbURQLWKxg3Vj8D51FohVKOv-LeFJJg

*** A video featuring Taecyeon was uploaded on Baek Ji-young’s official YouTube channel “Baek Ji-young Baek Z Young” on Nov 16th. Here, he revealed the story behind his transformation into an “aegyo machine” recently. Taecyeon mentioned, “When I have fan meetings, sometimes fans ask me to do what young idols do. When I was younger, heart signs were simple, but suddenly, there were things like bear hearts and cheek hearts. I actually hated doing those.” However, Taecyeon explained that his perspective changed 180 degrees after the release of 2PM’s album during the COVID-19 period. Fansign events were conducted via video calls during the pandemic. Taecyeon said, “Fans prepared things, saying, ‘Please do this.’ I said I couldn’t do it, but one fan said, ‘Oppa, this is a paid service. That person spent so much money for me. From then on, when fans asked ‘Oppa, please do this heart’, I did various hearts. I felt at ease. What does it matter if I do hearts?“ Hearing this, Baek Ji-young praised, “I learn a lot (from you). I never do what I don’t like.” Indeed, he’s professional“, “I can feel his sincerity in thinking about his fans“…  :piggydance:

img_20231123163538_4e955ye5.webp

source : https://www.insight.co.kr/news/456129#google_vignette

*** The love between an idol and their fans is something special and admirable, but sometimes there are instances where fans overstep boundaries, and those who do are coined as "sasaengs." They're an obsessive fans who act in ways that invade the privacy of Korean stars and over the years there have been many instances where the celebrity's lives have been at risk. Taecyeon experienced with this kind of fan is one of the most scariest sasaeng moments. This moment is extremely disturbing.   :brokenheart:   While it was more common for idols to receive fan letters, one specific letter written to Taecyeon became a hot issue because this letter was actually written with the fan's menstrual blood. Gross.   :omg:

*** On November 27, Lee Hyori recently sat down with the fashion magazine ELLE Korea to answer some questions that fans sent in. One fan asked, "You said watching pretty girl groups is therapeutic. Is there an idol group you want to collaborate with? Is there a boy group you have in mind?" Lee Hyori candidly replied, "Boy groups? To be honest, I only know them up until Big Bang. 2PM and Big Bang. And then... I also know BTS. Ize? Hize? Eyed? RIIZE? I’ll google RIIZE today. I have been working (promoting) to see who’s popular these days but I didn’t work for so long. I’m trying to find out one by one."   :Twerkdatbutt: