Hi everyone, I’m working on to consolidate all her videos for under each category.  Right now, I’m doing CFs first.  I’ve collected 79 related clips so far.  I know I’m still missing some.  I remember Yowon had a photo shoot for Ragello clothing, but I couldn’t locate it.  If someone could find any other commercial links, I’d be appreciated.  I’d like to hear from your ideas or suggestions to make its page look better as well.  For any mistakes if I’ve made on the CF title, pls do tell me also.  Thanks guys.

Here is the link for its CFs.

• Like 1

It is interesting to read Yo Won's early year interview. This one was done in 1998. Many thanks to LYW Chinese forum.
read Korean version here: http://cafe.daum.net/00cute00/4ddx/49?docid=1dTO4ddx4920011125133934
(you have to log in to read it)
I made screenshot : https://imgur.com/hTLniLi
Compared to present Yo Won is consistent. she doesn't change a lot. :lol: And she loved singer Seo Taiji so much back then. :)

Translation:
Yo Won’s 77 questions 77 answers for Wow magazine in 1998

1. Date of birth: 1980.4.9 / monkey (Chinese zodiac) / Aries

2. Native place: Lee family, Jeonju

3. Place of birth: Seongnam, Gyeonggi

4. Family relationship: Parents, younger sister

5. Body size: 170cm/ 48kg/ 245mm

6. Blood type: B
7. Eyesight: It is a negative, but I don’t know the exact diopters. (wearing contact lenses)

8. School: Siheung Eunhaeng Elementary School - Sungnam Girls' Middle School, I am third year of Sangil Girls' Senior High School now.
9. Religion: Catholicism

10. Interest: Music, watching movies
11. Stunt: DJ (I joined in the broadcasting department in school)

12. Personality advantage: easy to forget bad memories so I am easygoing.

13. Personality shortcomings: Once the fire is launched, I can't see the surroundings, I would cry because I can’t win over anger. There is lots of this kind situation that I would fall asleep because of tired, and then it's okay.

14. Habit: Shaking feet

15. Nickname: No

16. The curse: Practice is better than actual combat.

17. Complex (complexity, inferiority): There are many, but they are ignored.

18. Daily sleep time: 6 hours or so

19. The habit of sleeping: I can't sleep without a quilt, and including a quilt, I like to roll things next to me to sleep.

20. Charm point: Canine teeth

21. Favorite food: fried rice cake (I also have the confidence in cooking it, but others do not eat it.)

22. Hateful food: I am not too picky. (I don’t dare to eat medicine soup (dog broth), but like ginseng chicken soup)

23. A dish that can be confidently made: fried rice cake, kimchi fried rice

24. Favorite accessories: hair clips

25. Favorite color: blue

26. Fashion brands that I like to wear: YSB

27. Ideal type: The type like "Kang Xianqian", the protagonist of Chun Kye-young xi’s manga "Unplugged Boy". Clean and innocent.

28. Artists who are similar to your ideals: Jung Woo-sung

29. Perfumes you used: Various, basically if the aroma is good then that’s it~

30. Favorite musician: Seo Taiji (I bought both CD and tape on July 7th because it was pre-ordered.)

31. Fruits you like: Watermelon, banana

32. Seasons you like: Spring (I feel satisfied with a new beginning atmosphere)

33. Favorite animals: puppies (I used to have dog, but it was sent to my aunt because Dad does not like it)

34. Songs that you like to listen to: Seo Taiji 's new songs

35. Favorite words: Happiness

36. Impressive movies: "Titani"" Edward Scissorhands " and "Leon"

37. Favorite movie actor: Johnny Depp

38. The weather you like: A very beautiful weather or the weather of heavy downpour (sitting at the desk and listening the rain sound and daze.)

39. TV programs that you like to watch: "Soonpoong Clinic" and "Inkigayo" (The Music Trend)

40. News or magazines that you like to watch: I like to watch the Central Daily News and various fashion magazines.

41. Close friends: friends in the broadcasting department of school (Yu Ji, Mei Ying, Shan Rong, Zhu Lian...)

42. Daily pocket money: 5,000 to 10,000 won (mainly used to buy things in small stores)

43. What do you eat mainly when you go to the small market: fried rice cakes, donuts, fried twists, etc.

44. The main thing to do during the break: Sleeping

45. Would you do anything else other than learning when you are in study time: Never do anything else (?), sometimes observe the situation and sleep.

46. Favorite subjects: Mandarin

47. Annoying subjects: Science

48. How about the physical fitness subject: I am better in sports. Music is good only in theory, singing is normal. As for art, I like to see pictures in art galleries.

49. Is your final exam ok: I did well in the reciting subjects. I didn’t pay too much attention on the main subjects, so I did not do it well.

50. What to do if there is no schedule after class: just study in school or watch TV at home

51. The most impressive arts activity: When I was playing in the movie "Scent of a Man"

52. The most suitable fashion style you think yourself: YSB clothes are the most suitable.

53. The proper makeup tone of yourself: only apply lipstick, almost no makeup (natural style)

54. If you become a transparent person: I want to go to Taiji oppa’s place and watch all his actions.

55. If I have 100 million KRW: I will open a restaurant for mom.

56. If you want to do something crazy, what would you do: I want to learn MandarinEnglish and mathematics.

57. If you are fall into a triangular relationship with friends: I should choose "love"

58. If your lover cheated on you: I will do the same thing.

59. If you live again as a man: Play Boy (Playboy)

60. If you do plastic surgery, which part would you do: Eyes (like the eyes of Ko So-Young onni)

61. Pressure elimination method: go to karaoke or sleep

62. Karaoke No. 18: Chung Kyung Wha’s “Invitation to myself”

63. The first time of drinking wine: Joint Examination Week (grade three of senior high school: 100 days)

64. Things that you often carried: CDP, mobile phone, diary

65. First love: When I was in the first year of senior high school, I liked the elder brother of a friend of my younger sister (we are same age). That friend also liked me, but when I started the work of the model and I was busy, we almost didn’t contact and the relationship became alienated. Looking back now it seems to be the Puppy Love. (short love for boys and girls)

66. If you want to define "love": Something you know but still don't understand

67. Marriage plan: about 28 years old (but I don't think I must get married when I am 28 years old)

68. Hope in the future: Assistant director (husband is the director, I am the assistant)

69. Recently, the main concern: Taiji oppa (Seo Taiji) returning

70. Close entertainers/ colleagues: Ok Ji Young, Kang Shimei, Kim Ji-eun, Kim Min Ju...

71. People who you will think of them when you are hard: good friends

72. What you want to do now at this moment: I want to eat red bean ice.

73. Now the favorite person: I

74. Self-portrait after 10 years: A good wife of a family

75. Motto: "Don't waste time"

76. Gifts you want to receive from the fans: Gifts full of sincerity.

77. A word to the Wow reader: "Be always happy, and please love me more. In the future, I will work hard and please pay more attention on me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

htm_20180814142929168751.jpg

Yeah, I'm super happy right now.  I think our queen is taking on the blockbuster drama for May next year on MBC.  Thanks heaven!!!  She will be the main character.  That's the hero Yoo Ji Tae, who has collaborated with her in these CFs in 2001.

Source

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, QSD said:

Yeah, I'm super happy right now.  I think our queen is taking on the blockbuster drama for May next year on MBC.  Thanks heaven!!!  She will be the main character.  That's the hero Yoo Ji Tae, who has collaborated with her in these CFs in 2001.

Source

The original heroine is Lee Young-ae, but she rejected it in the end.
The respond of Yo Won's agency: We received the information that the initial setting has been changed from the production and they invited Yo Won to play in this drama. Now we are discussing actively.

I think we still have to wait the confirmation of Yo Won. Anyway, I hope Yo Won will accept it. I want to see her playing in a new drama. (fingers crossed)

But I read some comments from Taiwanese Kdrama fans, they said the director and the writer are not good. orz...(writer: Jo Gyu-won ("IRIS" and "IRIS 2") , director: Yoon Sang-ho ("Saimdang, Memoir of Colors")

information about this drama, (source from weibo):

This drama is for the 100th anniversary of the founding of the Republic of Korea. It is a spy romance drama in the background of the Japanese colonial capital (present-day Seoul), Manchuria and Shanghai, China. It is a large-scale production drama that is the hero of the Shanghai Interim Government and the Korean spy, the head of the secret organization of the "Imperial Regiment", who is standing at the forefront of the struggle for independence. Yo Won's role is a surgeon and then becoming a spy. Leading male role is a real historical person Kim Won-Bong, a hero fighting with Japan. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Won-bong

Writer: Jo Gyu-won ("IRIS" and "IRIS 2") , director: Yoon Sang-ho ("Saimdang, Memoir of Colors"), This drama will be broadcast on MBC next spring.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I think Lee Young Ae has confirmed to play the role back in June last year, but now she decided to step down coz of scheduling conflicts. 

This is a biggest dream role that I’d love to see Yowon to play… as a spy.  Reading from some article, yes, she’s also a surgeon, boasts with elegant appearance, bright and imposing figure.  She also dresses in rare western-style outfit.  I can’t ask for more.  Maybe I’m too happy that I won't be able to sleep tonight.  I need some red wine to knock me out.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

14 minutes ago, QSD said:

I think Lee Young Ae has confirmed to play the role back in June last year, but now she decided to step down coz of scheduling conflicts. 

This is a biggest dream role that I’d love to see Yowon to play… as a spy.  Reading from some article, yes, she’s also a surgeon, boasts with elegant appearance, bright and imposing figure.  She also dresses in rare western-style outfit.  I can’t ask for more.  Maybe I’m too happy that I won't be able to sleep tonight.  I need some red wine to knock me out.

The problems are the writer and the director...Taiwanese Young Ae' fans said they both are no good...:sweatingbullets: the writer's past works if they were cooperated with other screenwriters then they are good, such as "IRIS" and "IRIS 2 " but the works that he wrote solely are not good.

1 hour ago, avalon2046 said:

The original heroine is Lee Young-ae, but she rejected it in the end.
The respond of Yo Won's agency: We received the information that the initial setting has been changed from the production and they invited Yo Won to play in this drama. Now we are discussing actively.

I think we still have to wait the confirmation of Yo Won. Anyway, I hope Yo Won will accept it. I want to see her playing in a new drama. (fingers crossed)

But I read some comments from Taiwanese Kdrama fans, they said the director and the writer are not good. orz...(writer: Jo Gyu-won ("IRIS" and "IRIS 2") , director: Yoon Sang-ho ("Saimdang, Memoir of Colors")

information about this drama, (source from weibo):

This drama is for the 100th anniversary of the founding of the Republic of Korea. It is a spy romance drama in the background of the Japanese colonial capital (present-day Seoul), Manchuria and Shanghai, China. It is a large-scale production drama that is the hero of the Shanghai Interim Government and the Korean spy, the head of the secret organization of the "Imperial Regiment", who is standing at the forefront of the struggle for independence. Yo Won's role is a surgeon and then becoming a spy. Leading male role is a real historical person Kim Won-Bong, a hero fighting with Japan. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Won-bong

Writer: Jo Gyu-won ("IRIS" and "IRIS 2") , director: Yoon Sang-ho ("Saimdang, Memoir of Colors"), This drama will be broadcast on MBC next spring.

Ok, now I'm a bit nervous. Please accept it, LYW--shi, pretty please! 

From what I checked, IRIS was kinda a hit with good rating, wasn't it? they won a lot of awards from the station, and national awards too. Then they made IRIS 2, and its performance was not good. "Saimdang, Memoir of Colors", on the other hand, was kinda a miss, although big names like Lee Young Ae and Song Seung-huyn were in.  

And then, it's MBC... duh, my bitter feeling with MBC's anniversary project comes back.

Whatever, I'm glad to be fooled again just because of spy role. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

Ok, now I'm a bit nervous. Please accept it, LYW--shi, pretty please! 

From what I checked, IRIS was kinda a hit with good rating, wasn't it? they won a lot of awards from the station, and national awards too. Then they made IRIS 2, and its performance was not good. "Saimdang, Memoir of Colors", on the other hand, was kinda a miss, although big names like Lee Young Ae and Song Seung-huyn were in.  

And then, it's MBC... duh, my bitter feeling with MBC's anniversary project comes back.

Whatever, I'm glad to be fooled again just because of spy role. 

+10086

IRIS series are good. It's a work that the writer Jo Gyu-won cooperated with others. But the works that he wrote solely are not good. (information from Taiwanese  Young Ae' fans.)

The setting of the female leading role has been changed is because of Yo Won I think.

Basic background about the heroine: LYW will play the Korean female surgeon Lee Young Jin.
And like QSD wrote: She boasts with elegant appearance, bright and imposing figure.

She went to the College of Medicine to become a doctor for her dream of saving more people.

An English article:

https://onehallyu.com/topic/711628-news-lee-yo-won-in-talks-to-take-over-for-lee-young-ae-in-upcoming-espionage-drama-“different-dreams”/

(NEWS) Lee Yo-Won In Talks To Take Over For Lee Young-Ae In Upcoming Espionage Drama “Different Dreams”.

There are some changes being made to an upcoming drama. It had previously been reported that Lee Young Ae would be appearing in the drama “Lee Mong” (tentative title) / Different Dreams’ (English title), an epic drama with approximately 25 billion won (approximately $22.15 million) invested in production fees.

However, Lee Young Ae announced on August 14 that she has decided to withdraw from the project. Her agency stated, “After much deliberation, a final decision has been made to not appear in the drama due to many factors, including Lee Young Ae’s schedule.”

With Lee Young Ae stepping down from the project, it has been revealed that Lee Yo Won is currently in talks to replace her. Her agency was contacted and they responded by stating, “It is true that Lee Yo Won is in discussions to take on the leading role of the drama. She is currently in the process of ironing out the details.”

“Lee Mong” will be an espionage melodrama that takes place in Gyeongseong (present-day Seoul), Manchuria, and Singapore during Japanese colonial rule.  If Lee Yo Won agrees to the role, she will be playing Lee Young Jin, a beautiful, bright, and confident surgeon who dreams of saving the lives of many. 

Yoo Ji Tae is in talks to appear as the leading male role of Kim Won Bong, the leader of a group of spies fighting for independence.

The drama is scheduled to begin airing in spring 2019 on MBC.

• Like 3

The party is on, guys!  Both actors have confirmed.  The full scale shooting will begin in October.  Thanks for coming back, Daepyonim!

Her role is a surgeon during the day then a ninja at night.  Cool!!!! 

Link

• Thanks 3

YASS, YASS, YASS!  :bawling::bawling::bawling:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1215417wpp/lee-yo-won-yoo-ji-tae-confirm-casting-upcoming-spy-drama

Lee Yo Won And Yoo Ji Tae Confirm Casting In Upcoming Epic Spy Drama

Actors Yoo Ji Tae and Lee Yo Won have confirmed that they will be appearing in the drama “Lee Mong” together.

The drama is being produced to mark the 100th anniversary of the Provisional Government of the Republic of Korea. It is written by Jo Kyu Won and directed by Yoon Sang Ho.

On August 15, a source from the production company stated, “Yoo Ji Tae and Lee Yo Won will be appearing as the main leads of ‘Lee Mong.’ The drama will start filming in October and is expected to premiere in the first half of 2019.”

Originally Lee Young Ae had been cast to play the female lead, but the actress decided to step down due to scheduling conflicts.

“Lee Mong” is an espionage melodrama that takes place in Gyeongseong (now known as Seoul), Manchuria, and Singapore during the Japanese colonial occupation. Lee Yo Won will play Lee Young Jin, a Joseon (Korean) surgeon who has been raised by Japanese parents. Yoo Ji Tae plays Kim Won Bong, the leader of a secret society fighting for Korean independence. The two characters become undercover operatives for the Korean provisional government based in Shanghai.

Official Soompi thread of the drama

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@QSD Thank you very much for the articles!

English article from soompi
https://www.soompi.com/article/1215417wpp/lee-yo-won-yoo-ji-tae-confirm-casting-upcoming-spy-drama

Lee Yo Won And Yoo Ji Tae Confirm Casting In Upcoming Epic Spy Drama

Aug 15, 2018 by notclaira

Actors Yoo Ji Tae and Lee Yo Won have confirmed that they will be appearing in the drama “Lee Mong” together.

The drama is being produced to mark the 100th anniversary of the Provisional Government of the Republic of Korea. It is written by Jo Kyu Won and directed by Yoon Sang Ho.

On August 15, a source from the production company stated, “Yoo Ji Tae and Lee Yo Won will be appearing as the main leads of ‘Lee Mong.’ The drama will start filming in October and is expected to premiere in the first half of 2019.”

Originally Lee Young Ae had been cast to play the female lead, but the actress decided to step down due to scheduling conflicts.

“Lee Mong” is an espionage melodrama that takes place in Gyeongseong (now known as Seoul), Manchuria, and Singapore during the Japanese colonial occupation. Lee Yo Won will play Lee Young Jin, a Joseon (Korean) surgeon who has been raised by Japanese parents. Yoo Ji Tae plays Kim Won Bong, the leader of a secret society fighting for Korean independence. The two characters become undercover operatives for the Korean provisional government based in Shanghai.

Source (1)

2 hours ago, QSD said:

Her role is a surgeon during the day then a ninja at night.  Cool!!!! 

Link

surgeon during the day, a secret agent at night. Yes very cool!
BTW, I read before, in the beginning, the story outline of Kdrama is unreliable. So I would just wait and see. :rolleyes:

QSD Thanks for the last year article about the writer, I am worried less now. that IRIS writer's reputation is not good not only in Taiwanese, Chinese Kdrama fans but also in the Korean fans...:sweatingbullets:

@vaiduakhu We posted the same ENG article at the same time. :lol:

• LOL 1

Yeah Avalon, but who cares, let's celebrate!... LYW is a spy, my dream comes true ! :bawling:

giphy.gif

Does LYW lurk around this thread, so she knows our wish, and grant it? :lol:

Then after this drama, let's chant "lawyer" together, and who knows she will play "lawyer" next ! :lol:

The waiting till next year will slowly and softly kill me. 

• LOL 3

Yeah, Avalon, don't worry too much about writing now.  They have a great production team behind this big budget drama. 

It's my dream for her to play a spy too, Vaiduakhu.  I'm so excited that I can't hide!