Yo Won's agency management Koo IG

Google translator
# Lee Yo-won # Actor has finally made a starring role in the drama 'Different Dreams', the 100th anniversary of the establishment of the Provisional Government of the Republic of Korea.

Every piece of work can not be replaced. # I have been loved much by charm # I live in a life like fireworks actor.

LV7LTEU.jpg

zWk1svL.jpg

S1T7YXb.jpg

• Like 2

Still 6 more weeks before filming, probably she would have to do some kind of training on fighting before then. 

How many episodes would you think for this drama?  Based on Iris, maybe 20 installments? 

The VP Han Suk Won behind the production team saying, “We will show you a high-quality drama that will be a suitable for the 100th anniversary of the nation’s founding that will be perfect for domestic and overseas audiences.”  They are investing a ton of $$$ on this so let’s hope they know what they doing. 

@samecut123

Glad to see you kicking again, chingu.  Welcome back.  We can make some noise in the drama thread then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I really hope they invest a lot in the story-line. It's the main factor these days, while Korean dramas with tons of $$$ invested in are not rare.  To be honest, I prefer cable channels, haha. 

One of the PD's recent works is "Saimdang, Memoir of Colors", which is a "miss" although it was expected a lot because of Lee Young Ae's first comeback after her long hiatus. This PD seems to be obsessed with LYA, so he had invited her again for "Different dreams", but she cancelled it in the end. I hope nothing fishy behind this. 

By the way, I checked Yoo Ji Tae's profile, he was in the same movie with LYW back in 1999: "attack the gas station".

Seem he is the attack guy with white hair. 

XTarpzQd_o.jpg

and here is our LYW, who worked at the attacked gas station :lol:

Cl63C1v8_o.jpg

I don't remember if there is any convo b/w them in the movie. 

• Like 3

I'm curious abt the fashion of Korean women in Imperial Japanese colonization time (I'm affected by QSD's fashion show :lol:), so I searched a bit, and think this one is suitable for LYW's spy image:

Spoiler

5csqqrjg o

or this one for a decent surgeon (more feminine)

Spoiler

LX9lEJt3_o.jpg

No trendy coat, sport car, luxurious accessorie, advanced gadget and weapon..., but at least hope the huge fund can bring cool fashion show in such time. QSD is jobless in this drama, haha. :P

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

12 hours ago, QSD said:

Still 6 more weeks before filming, probably she would have to do some kind of training on fighting before then. 

How many episodes would you think for this drama?  Based on Iris, maybe 20 installments? 

plus language training - Japanese and Chinese. Many Korean fans hope this time Yo Won can do better in speaking foreign languages. don't like what she did in NL.

I hope not too many episodes, 20 is enough. Actually I don't like the background of this story...but the character of the heroine is cool, and played by Yo Won, so I will watch it anyway. Hopefully this work would surpass my expectation.

7 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

I really hope they invest a lot in the story-line. It's the main factor these days, while Korean dramas with tons of $$$ invested in are not rare.  To be honest, I prefer cable channels, haha.

+1

Yo Won is good in choosing scripts. hopefully this time is the same. and plus Yoo Ji Tae, seems he is more like a big screen actor and he agreed to play in this TV series. I hope there is really something in this script to attract Yo Won and YJT to join in. 

7 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

By the way, I checked Yoo Ji Tae's profile, he was in the same movie with LYW back in 1999: "attack the gas station".

Seem he is the attack guy with white hair.

I checked Yoo Ji Tae's profile last night but I didn't notice "attack the gas station". :sweatingbullets:
Short clips of Yo Won in "attack the gas station".

About the clothing of "different dreams" another movie that you can reference is "The Handmaiden" directed by Park Chan Wook. The background of this movie is also Korea under Japanese colonial rule.
2016051008143870853_1.jpg

2016051008143870853_2.jpg

• Like 2

Wow! that's a good news. finally we can see her in a drama again although we still have to wait until next year. But maybe at least we will get some photos bts? It's a historical drama... I am curious about their clothing.. I searched online and it seems that they were still wearing their traditional clothing but some of them learned to adopt to simple western clothing later on.

In the movie Taegukgi the nurses were wearing the western white uniform (although the movie setting was during Korean war but still close enough)

Spoiler

6s2uf2Z.jpg

hcCHZdv.jpg

• Like 1

I just remembered the QSD was originally meant for Lee Young Ae but she turned it down and so they choose a lot of people until LYW was chosen. This time the drama was meant for LYA again and went to LYW... I wonder if this will become an issue in Korea? I hope not.

And just like you @QSD I also have some bitter feelings for MBC when it comes to big dramas... I hope they will do it good this time.

15 hours ago, avalon2046 said:

About the clothing of "different dreams" another movie that you can reference is "The Handmaiden" directed by Park Chan Wook. The background of this movie is also Korea under Japanese colonial rule.

I also came across this movie's lady outfit... thought it's too sexy for a surgeon. But probably a spy would choose these outfit to trap men :D

12 hours ago, yanki said:

Wow! that's a good news. finally we can see her in a drama again although we still have to wait until next year. But maybe at least we will get some photos bts? It's a historical drama... I am curious about their clothing.. I searched online and it seems that they were still wearing their traditional clothing but some of them learned to adopt to simple western clothing later on.

In the movie Taegukgi the nurses were wearing the western white uniform (although the movie setting was during Korean war but still close enough)

Yup, Korean women at such time still wore traditional clothes like in Joseon time (which is not my favourite :sweatingbullets:), but some modern and upper-class women dressed in Western style. 

The nurses outfit reminds me of LYW's movie May 18... it's ok. But MBC, please do sth better with your tons of $$$ ! :lol:

• LOL 1

Nice findings guys.  You’re all great diggers. 

@yanki

I think you meant Vaiduakhu.  She’s still bitter towards MBC.  I’m OK with them.  Maybe a bit sour sometimes, otherwise I’m pretty sweet honey throughout.  Are you sure QSD was originally for LYA?  I thought Vaiduakhu said it was for GHJ, no?  Interesting both LYA and GHJ are 9 years older than Yowon. 

It’s like Yowon has fate with MBC, all her big dramas are from that station.  Let's have some mercy on them, chingu.

1 hour ago, QSD said:

@yanki

I think you meant Vaiduakhu.  She’s still bitter towards MBC.  I’m OK with them.  Maybe a bit sour sometimes, otherwise I’m pretty sweet honey throughout.  Are you sure QSD was originally for LYA?  I thought Vaiduakhu said it was for GHJ, no?  Interesting both LYA and GHJ are 9 years older than Yowon. 

It’s like Yowon has fate with MBC, all her big dramas are from that station.  Let's have some mercy on them, chingu.

@QSD and @yanki
Yes, Vaiduakhu said Deokman was for GHJ in the beginning! But I read a Taiwanese LYA fan said the day before yesterday, in 2008 it was reported that LYA was probably to play as the Queen Seondeok. And because one of QSD writers, Kim Young-hyun, is the writer of Dae Jang Geum.

LYW and MBC: 2009 Queen Seondeok, 10 years later, 2019 Different Dream.

Some Taiwanese fans said Yoo Ji Tae has great acting. He expressed good charisma in TV series "Healer" . When I checked his profile, I found I have ever watched two movies of his, "into the mirror" and "old boy". But that was very long time ago, and he was still young in these two movies, I don't have deep impressive with his acting. Anyway, most of Kdrama fans all said this match-up (LYW x YJT) is good and don't worry about the acting. The things that are concerned most are writing and directing.

QSD , Chinese fans definitely will go to see Yo Won if she comes to China. But isn't there the Korea's ban in China? Just wait and see...I hope they will come to Taiwan hahaha.

• Like 1

uc?export=view&id=0B5qUWbYvtcb8SEh5bGFoM06.jpg

YJT is quite good looking guy.  Don’t know what he ate, he’s freaking tall.  The first pic is their ad in 2001.  Maybe Yowon wasn’t fully grown up back then yet or didn’t wear much heels, probably the later.  Comparing her wearing high heels to JIS who is about the same height as YJT’s, that’s how she would look to both men.  But as a spy, forget about heels, she got to run for her life.  Maybe on some formal occasions, she would to dazzling some elites for secret info.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, QSD said:

@yanki

Oic it was Vaiduakhu sorry hehehe

As I remember, there was an interview from the writers of QSD and originally that wasn't the story they were thinking for QSD (it should be about three sisters fighting for the throne and QSd win in the end) and the one in their mind to play as QSD was LYA (whom they worked with for The Great Jang-Guem but she got married or declined the offer so they dropped that plan and postponed the drama as well until they came up with that another story (the one we get to watch) then they planned to give it to GHJ but GHJ liked Mishil's character better, then they were also planning to cast the woman who acted as the battered wife in Avenger Social Club (forgot her name) but that was cancelled as well and then an Idol but Knetizens were so against it and then finally LYW - they wanted the one who will act as QSD to be at least a middle age woman... although LYW looks young and wasn't that old but still they thought she's the best fit to play the role.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, QSD said:

Avalon, are the fans planning to see Yowon at Shanghai when she comes for filming? 

Oh, they will come Shanghai for filming? for real? I thought they would set up the Shanghai background in the filming site in Korea, rather than go abroad. Interesting! Make tons of $$$ worth, haha. 

2 hours ago, avalon2046 said:

QSD , Chinese fans definitely will go to see Yo Won if she comes to China. But isn't there the Korea's ban in China? Just wait and see...I hope they will come to Taiwan hahaha.

Oh, recently, I heard they lifted that ban? not yet? 

1 hour ago, QSD said:

YJT is quite good looking guy.  Don’t know what he ate, he’s freaking tall.  The first pic is their ad in 2001.  Maybe Yowon wasn’t fully grown up back then yet or didn’t wear much heels, probably the later.  Comparing her wearing high heels to JIS who is about the same height as YJT’s, that’s how she would look to both men.  But as a spy, forget about heels, she got to run for her life.  Maybe on some formal occasions, she would to dazzling some elites for secret info.

Don't forget the time span is Korea under Imperial Japanese colonization (1910-1945), high-heels were not popular haha. 

No worry abt height. There is another footwear which is very suitable for spy, can cheat the height, and looks not too obviously modern :lol:

17814408_1_550.jpg

51 minutes ago, yanki said:

Oic it was Vaiduakhu sorry hehehe

As I remember, there was an interview from the writers of QSD and originally that wasn't the story they were thinking for QSD (it should be about three sisters fighting for the throne and QSd win in the end) and the one in their mind to play as QSD was LYA (whom they worked with for The Great Jang-Guem but she got married or declined the offer so they dropped that plan and postponed the drama as well until they came up with that another story (the one we get to watch) then they planned to give it to GHJ but GHJ liked Mishil's character better, then they were also planning to cast the woman who acted as the battered wife in Avenger Social Club (forgot her name) but that was cancelled as well and then an Idol but Knetizens were so against it and then finally LYW - they wanted the one who will act as QSD to be at least a middle age woman... although LYW looks young and wasn't that old but still they thought she's the best fit to play the role.

Thanks for the detailed info. You are indeed QSD's expert. :lol:

I also heard there had been different castings for QSD before the final cast came out.

• LOL 1

Found this article in the drama thread

Lee Yo-won, Yoo Ji-tae become freedom fighters for Different Dream

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/08/lee-yo-won-yoo-ji-tae-become-freedom-fighters-for-different-dream/

You guys should read the comment section... the discussion abt LYW's character "By day, she’s a life-saving doctor, but by night, she becomes a country-saving secret intelligence agent." is hilarious. :lol:

I also thought the same: is she superwoman? she's not exhausted from working in daytime? (sometimes, I'm dying from working at daytime, to be honest), not to mention, she's a surgeon: double exhaustion. Where is the energy to be active at night? does she not sleep?  :D

I just noticed LYW's character is the fictional character, while the male lead is the real one. Gonna love it! 

Finger-crossed for the writing. Think the most concerned issue now is the story. 2 leads are awesome already (for me, every drama is awesome as long as LYW is in, tbh ^_^). I'm waiting for another casting news. We can positively assume there will be love-line b/w the 2 leads, right ? Local fan is now looking for female supporting cast, who they hope will have love hint with LYW in the drama. :sweatingbullets: OMG... I don't wanna kill their joy, but what? if there is another female cast, she would have a "cat fight" with LYW for the male lead. Fan's imagination is crazy these days.

Avalon, May, what is Chinese / Taiwan fan's expectation abt LYW's love-line ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

Oh, they will come Shanghai for filming? for real? I thought they would set up the Shanghai background in the filming site in Korea, rather than go abroad. Interesting! Make tons of $$$ worth, haha. 

Oh, recently, I heard they lifted that ban? not yet?

I think QSD just assumed they will come to Shanghai for filming...I have the same opinion with you, Vaiduakhu. Maybe they would just do it in Korea for Shanghai scenes. But I think the story maybe will be changed because the leading roles changed. Like QSD, its script was revised many times because of the changed of the cast...And I read that the very first of the synopsis of Kdramas is not reliable.  

13 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

I also thought the same: is she superwoman? she's not exhausted from working in daytime? (sometimes, I'm dying from working at daytime, to be honest), not to mention, she's a surgeon: double exhaustion. Where is the energy to be active at night? does she not sleep?  :D

Avalon, May, what is Chinese / Taiwan fan's expectation abt LYW's love-line ? 

Maybe the setting of the heroine will be changed to more like a human who knows haha. I think when they start filming then we can get more confirmed information.

Not much discussion about this drama in Taiwanese Kdrama board in BBS (Bulletin Board System). Maybe they will discuss more when more information come out. And there is no LYW's exclusive space in BBS, so... As for Chinese fans, I don't like to read the comments of weibo so I don't know if they expect LYW's love-line. In LYW's Chinese forum, the members just said they are looking forward to the new drama, I don't read about the love-line.       

I did engsub for a family series video, "love process of tea drinking couple, Daepyonim's version"

Many thanks @vaiduakhu for checking it and correcting my mistakes!

Because I still haven't gotten the permission of the video maker, this engsub vid is not opened in youtube, I will turn it to private 2-3 days later.

Here you are.

https://youtu.be/EhT6RzbSBxY
BTW, I did the sub in youtube directly, it is very easy to use. And you can download the vid + sub with 4K Video downloader. You would get the video and a srt file.
*set this vid private 08/20/2018, only shared with LYW channel that @vaiduakhu created.

On 8/10/2018 at 11:44 PM, QSD said:

BTW, Avalon, are there more awkward scenes in the series?

I have checked ep01-ep07, there is one awkward scene in ep03. In the end of the vid it's SKY's birthday.

Spoiler

SYK: Where is my gift?
KJH: Isn't it me?
SYK: One is not enough, Chairman.
CSY: You are flippant.
SYK: Let's have another dozen, Chairman.

As for family series ep01-ep04, the main story is about that CSY forced KJH to have blind dates (with Lee Soo-gyum, Kim Hee-soo and Lee Mi-sook.) She wants to make JH get married. In order to against CSY, JH paid Hong Do-hee 50 million to ask her to pretend as her girl friend. :D Anyway, JH has a fight with CSY and SYK standed by JH's side. SYK told JH she would give her money secretly. So CSY is mad, she asks SYK to sleep in the study room.

EP07 is a new story, it's not the sequel of ep01-ep06. EP07 is very funny too.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, avalon2046 said:

I have checked ep01-ep07, there is one awkward scene in ep03. In the end of the vid it's SKY's birthday.

Reveal hidden contents

SYK: Where is my gift?
KJH: Isn't it me?
SYK: One is not enough, Chairman.
CSY: You are flippant.
SYK: Let's have another dozen, Chairman.

As for family series ep01-ep04, the main story is about that CSY forced KJH to have blind dates (with Lee Soo-gyum, Kim Hee-soo and Lee Mi-sook.) She wants to make JH get married. In order to against CSY, JH paid Hong Do-hee 50 million to ask her to pretend as her girl friend. :D Anyway, JH has a fight with CSY and SYK standed by JH's side. SYK told JH she would give her money secretly. So CSY is mad, she asks SYK to sleep in the study room.

EP07 is a new story, it's not the sequel of ep01-ep06. EP07 is very funny too.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::D:D:D

Ok, let's do ENG sub for this hilarious series. We can set it private until you get the permission from the clip makers. 

If they haven't opened their account for a long time, maybe you ask other members in the Chinese forum for their contacts, perhaps? 

Another Chinese fan made short clip, this one and the one I just sub and others are called "raising child series" most of the story is about Daepyonim, CSY and their daughter KJH. Some

have other roles, like this one.

It's short with just few lines. not open video, I will set it private few days later.
Chairman Choi's troubles

https://youtu.be/xLmT3LpJm2A
*set this vid private 08/20/2018, only shared with LYW channel that @vaiduakhu created.

On 8/17/2018 at 11:00 AM, vaiduakhu said:

Ok, let's do ENG sub for this hilarious series. We can set it private until you get the permission from the clip makers. 

If they haven't opened their account for a long time, maybe you ask other members in the Chinese forum for their contacts, perhaps? 

This is difficult, because I don't know if the MV makers are the members of the Chinese forum and the members. All I can do is waiting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wonder too if they can go to China to shoot. I remember in Empress Ki the cast and crew went back and forth from Korea to China in order to shoot some scenes. But Korea and China had an issue so I wonder if they can do that for this drama...