23 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

Oh, they will come Shanghai for filming? for real? I thought they would set up the Shanghai background in the filming site in Korea, rather than go abroad. Interesting! Make tons of $$$ worth, haha.

With the budget they have, I do think they would go there.  China has already built Shanghai set years ago, so if they really want to make this drama in great quality, it should be authentic as much as possible.

"Taking place amidst the backdrop of historical Gyeongseong (now Seoul), Manchuria, and Shanghai, this melodrama will make the Pacific War the centerpiece of conflict. The story begins in the early 1900s during the imperial Japanese colonization era. A Joseon girl is adopted into a Japanese family and grows up to become a beautiful surgeon with a secret. "

So what happened to her parents?

1)  Passed away

2)  Got murdered

3)  Lost their child (Yowon’s character) during chaos

Don’t think there would be cat fight or dog fight for love, but possibly a guy who is the son from her adopted parents that would fall for her.

55 minutes ago, QSD said:

The pic was posted on June 5, 2016, by Yowon's close friend.  That's her account.  They went on a trip to Busan.

Hehee that reminds me of Attack on Titan cloak lol.

3 hours ago, QSD said:
The pic was posted on June 5, 2016, by Yowon's close friend.  That's her account.  They went on a trip to Busan.

Big Thanks QSD !
Her dress and the trip to Busan reminds me the movie "Train to Busan" . XD

What is this hahaha. :D Where can I see the source of this gif? Was it a clip uploaded by Yo Won or her friend?
Got this gif from Yo Won DC
http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=yowon&no=183585&page=1
qWaB751.gif

And this gif of NL, the beginning of this gif, SYK loading bullets, is it a deleted scene? haven't seen it in the drama. where can I see the video? or was this gif uploaded by LYW's agency or the staff of NL.
g8YHl5Z.gif

• Like 1

qWaB751.gif&key=9813351d830208c5edc4ddd6

I also saw it at DC.  I’m not sure where else it could come from. 

Yowon can utilize her yoga skill as this gif to kicking major butts in the new drama.  That NL scene was deleted.   If I’m right, you could try searching at Youku site.  Seeing how great she could shoot with guns and load bullets in NL, she’s gonna look so cool as an agent in Different Dream. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, QSD said:

That NL scene was deleted.   If I’m right, you could try searching at Youku site.  Seeing how great she could shoot with guns and load bullets in NL, she’s gonna look so cool as an agent in Different Dream.

Found that deleted scene in a NL trailer, thanks the administrator of LYW Chinese forum.
here you are
https://tv.naver.com/v/1253530

• Thanks 1

Hangzhou Japping Pictures Co., Ltd., a global content production company in China, has confirmed a joint venture in the drama "Different Dream".

Perhaps this confirms that the production team going to film in Shanghai for certain.  

Maybe Avalon can say more details about this joint venture.

Link

• Like 1

On 8/18/2018 at 8:58 AM, QSD said:

So what happened to her parents?

1)  Passed away

2)  Got murdered

3)  Lost their child (Yowon’s character) during chaos

Don’t think there would be cat fight or dog fight for love, but possibly a guy who is the son from her adopted parents that would fall for her.

It hasn't been mentioned that LYW's character works as a spy for which side, right? Japanese or Korean one. 

I guess her blood parents were also spies and got killed, or it was too dangerous job and they couldn't raise her safely , so she's adopted by the Japanese parents who are her blood parents' colleagues or friends. Then, she grows up continuing her parents' duties. 

Another guess is she was an orphan, and adopted by the Japanese parents who raise her for their own purpose (working for the Gov in the future). 

Haha, QSD, that love scenario is so... Horse Doctor. You are obsessed by that drama? :lol:

She works for Korea.

Aigoo, I didn't think of that drama when I wrote about the guy who could fall for her character, just thought for some conflict to her in the story it might arise.

Oh, it mentions she works for Korea ? I secretly hope she works for Japan at first (she is raised by Japanese parents), then along the way, she changes her purpose. It would make the drama more interesting, and the title "different dreams" would make sense.

By the way, the drama's title is "different dream" or "different dreams" ??? I think it's "different dreams" (?). What dreams they are talking about ? The male lead's dream for sure is to free Korean from Japanese colonization. And LYW's dream are to save lives as a surgeon, and another secret dream as a spy. Are their dreams conflicting ? 

"If Lee Yo-Won accepts her offer, she will play Lee Young-Jin. Her character is a Korean, but raised by Japanese people during the time when Korea was under Japanese rule. She becomes a doctor and also an agent for the provisional South Korean government."

Yes, according to this excerpt from an article, she is an agent for the provisional South Korean government. 

Korean language doesn’t really have plural, perse, but it could be depending on its context.   In this case, I think it’s more “Different Dream” rather than “Different Dreams”, coz at first her dream was to becoming a doctor to save lives, then some time later she finds a different passion in her life that is even more important task to do, which is to rescue the nation from under colonization.  Hence, it’s the same dream for both of them.

006oOy8Ngy1fuh0qrkem7j30ku11241r.jpg

This is some kind of popularity vote for Korean actresses in Weibo/Chinese forum?

Number 1 is Yowon.

2) Jessica of Girl's Generation

3, 4, 5)  Who are they?

6) Song Hye Kyo

7) Yoona of Girl's Generation

On 8/21/2018 at 11:39 AM, QSD said:

Nice!  You're talented, Avalon!

Thank you! just did these for fun. :)

On 8/21/2018 at 12:04 PM, QSD said:

This is some kind of popularity vote for Korean actresses in Weibo/Chinese forum?

Number 1 is Yowon.

2) Jessica of Girl's Generation

3, 4, 5)  Who are they?

6) Song Hye Kyo

7) Yoona of Girl's Generation

in baidu not weibo...
I think this is nothing...the rule is fans sent flowers (virtual) to the stars they support. then to count the flowers that each star received to decide the ranking.
Compared to the followers of the actresses of the same period of LYW in baidu tieba, such as Song Hye-kyo, Jun Ji-hyun and Son Ye-jin, Song Hye-kyo and Jun Ji-hyun both 300,000+ followers, Son Ye-jin 200,000+ followers. LYW about 11,960 followers...
Anyway, that's not important for me, I just posted the numbers.

Korean male stars ranking (newest)
nXLP5KI.jpg
1. Kim Soo-hyun 59,000
2. ......................   24,000
3. XXXXXXX        13,000

Korean female stars ranking (newest)

qsEOXP0.jpg

1. LYW 1,379

2. Jessica Sooyoun Jung (1.5 million+ followers in tieba)

3. Song Ji-Hyo (700,000+ followers in tieba)