@May

It could also be girl crush effect.  Daepyonim is undoubtedly attractive to the max.  Perhaps Yowon’s best looking role yet, from fashion to hairstyle to makeup, and tremendous aura which she displaying exquisitely on screen.

37537608_236057613714027_663571789243010

This looks like western beauty.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, QSD said:

@May

It could also be girl crush effect.  Daepyonim is undoubtedly attractive to the max.  Perhaps Yowon’s best looking role yet, from fashion to hairstyle to makeup, and tremendous aura which she displaying exquisitely on screen.

+10086 Daepyonim is one of the most handsome and coolest characters in the world!!! NL season 2 or SP please!

d3d53e937108984.jpg bef579937109034.jpg f61c30937109074.jpg f4aa3d937109094.jpgb6026b937109004.jpg

makeup artist Yumi IG @ym0129

sao1Fzi.jpg

• Like 3

I doubt they’re going to make 2nd season of NL because of the rating, and also korean drama seldom has 2nd ,3rd and N+ season like US dramas, if I’m not mistaken?

I repeatedly watching those fanmade video of Daepyonim in bilibili from time to time even though it’s already 1year +. Also videos of tea drinking couple hehe( my fave) , 1 coin couple, 2 yi kyung couple( Song yi kyung and seo yi kyung) this is quite funny too as Song yi kyung always eating 

True, they rarely make season 2 for any shows, even if the ratings are good.  I’ve been repeating fanmade videos of Daepyonim quite often these days while waiting for her comeback.

@avalon2046

In what scenes you re-watch the most in NL? 

Yeah I know season 2 is almost not going to happen, that's just my wishful thinking. I wait for a miracle.

21 hours ago, QSD said:

@avalon2046

In what scenes you re-watch the most in NL?

Can I say all scenes of Daepyonim! There are many to list. :D

EP03, the shooting scene and when writer Kim told to SJ Daepyonim's outstanding record of memorizing important people's names. SJ said Daepyonim is the person she is the most curious about.

9V4hrQ9.gif

again EP03, I like when SYK says: "Your best? Says who? Business is like a huge machine. Every cog must move exactly the way I play. If you will be a cog that gets cocky and go astray, then I don't need you." SYK's queen like strict/ spartan tone.

EP03,  Daepyonim says to SJ "Be careful. You might break yourself. I don't like my things breaking."

EP03, a funny scene
SYK: "What are you babbling about? I gave you a math problem, but you are writing a essay. Are you writing a novel?"

Daepyonim's facial expression from the beginning of SJ's talking to the end, it's so funny. :D

EP 01, Daepyonim went to SJ's house to ask her to shop with her. the whole process.
qI9yP9W.gif

EP04, Daepyonim asked SJ to do the 2nd homework. I like her theory of snowball here.
ulCHJwI.gif

EP04, Daepyonim made up with money, but she didn't admit it, then says it's cold and turn away. 

EP05, the girl crush scenes
giphy.gif
J4ZU770.gif

EP05, SYK says to GW, "You said this was your dream. But you gave it up. You can't even save your own dream, but what, you will stop me? If I were going to let you break me, I wouldn't have even made it here. Gun-Woo you can't win this fight. A monster can't lose to a human." (plus the BGM I like the most)

EP06
kfqZqEt.gif

EP02

EP02

EP07, Daepymnim's smile
6cfygbT.gif

EP10

and EP10 the scene before their dinner, Daepymnim went to SJ house and asked SJ to be her one day friend again.
i7QEkaS.gif

EP10 SJ parted ways with Daepyonim.

EP11, from 58sec, SYK's comment about GW is so RIGHT!

EP11 counted to 10 scene.

EP12, SYK saved GW and SJ

EP12, SYK "Because the moment I stop, my life would be finished." "I wouldn't want to breathe a single minute, a single second, if that happens. That's why I'm fighting, because I want to stay alive."

EP13, SYK heard of the death of her father scene.

EP14

EP14 Badass SYK!!! love this scene so much!!!

EP14, SJ refused to get in Daepyonim's car even though Daepyonim asked her 3-4 times.
(Chinese fan re-edited it with different CHNsub to make it funny...)

EP16, Love it very much when SYK walked to the desk of the chairman then touched the chair and sat down. Badass!
SYK "Taking this seat away from you won't take any effort. Is that what you want? "There is only one path before you. Follow me."

End of EP16

Beginning of EP16, SYK's quick reaction to convince SJT and the car chasing/ parking garage scene.
pmtdIME.gif

EP17  SYK to Mr. Nam "You keep repeating the same question. it's quite a bother." SYK to SJ "Because if I didn't come, you would be in danger. A fake trap will turn into a real one."

End of EP17 or the beginning of EP18. I like when Yo Won says "I" (na) love her tone!

End of EP18, SYK's eyes expression

XcZYXNs.gif

Beginning of EP19, the talking of SYK and SJ in the car.

EP19, SYK went to SJ's office.
q5k0YQd.gif

EP20 Daepyonim walked (cool) out of her office to see what happened to the gallery S system.
lpC6Rxe.gif

• Like 2

On 7/31/2018 at 11:46 PM, vaiduakhu said:

While DM was brilliant in QSD, I personally think she had a big mistake. After MS died, she should have killed all MS's gang too. I know all "being kind, nice, good-hearted..." reasons, but they were enemies! Although MS died and they kneeled down begging for their lives, their true color would never change in a million years. In the history, after new Kings or leaders dethroned the old ones, they usually killed at least 3 generations of the direct family and family branches of the old rulers, or even "nine familial exterminations" to destroy all the remains. It sounds cruel (indeed), but it's a necessary step. Many revolution started from just an idea or a spirit from old Government. No matter how nice the new Gov is, the hatred of ppl from old Gov will never die down. 

And later we all knew MS's gang "helped" BD quite a lot... well

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking when watching that point in QSD, the reason she didn’t kill them was because she was freshman in ruling a country right? Therefore she needed MS’s man to help 

@avalon2046

Basically you and I love the same scenes.

qI9yP9W.gif&key=4921a755b2bd4281c75cecfe

For me the beginning of girl crush starting from when she puts on her sunglasses.  Love how she wears it and her gesture.  She looks cool and sophisticated too.

I super love these scenes as well.  There’s another badass sequence to me is where she tells Jang Tae-joon’s secretary if they going to defame her make sure they got proofs first, something like that.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, may2429 said:

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking when watching that point in QSD, the reason she didn’t kill them was because she was freshman in ruling a country right? Therefore she needed MS’s man to help 

That, and MS and her evil minions still had a huge following that would've retaliated or caused a civil war. Maybe she needed the minions alive to keep the peace. But they all got offed in timely fashion in real life, right? :lol: I think the biggest tragedy of that show was that she worked so hard and went through so much to get her kingdom the way she wanted it to be, then POOF! she slipped into a coma then died 3 days later - didn't even get to enjoy it. No fair!

Hi! hi-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862508 Just passing by. Thank you all so much for the great posts - I had forgotten how much I enjoy lurking in this thread. Wish I could do it more, but life's been so uncomfortably busy. Loving all the translations! Seems like I've missed out on a lot of fun too, with all the re-watching and stuff. Except for EOG. I could only watch that one once because the bad guys were just too scary-evil. Yep, I'm a scaredy-cat. :P

And did somebody say cop/detective/lawyer show?

26903766_1227394390693491_55958639530914

Just needs a donut, gun and badge. :lol:

• LOL 1

10 hours ago, may2429 said:

If NL has the guts to cross the line , I mean letting the relationship between LSJ and SYK to be more obvious, will it be banned in Korea? Think so

I don't think it will be banned...there is a Kdrama "Painter of the Wind" the Heroine Shin Yun-bok and a gisaeng, Jung-hyang, their relationship is obvious. They are named 5 coins couple by fans. The two actors even won best couple award in 2008 SBS awards. I haven't watched this drama, just have watched some fan made MV about Shin Yun-bok and Jung-hyang, and read some impression of this drama. 

8 hours ago, QSD said:

@avalon2046

For me the beginning of girl crush starting from when she puts on her sunglasses.  Love how she wears it and her gesture.  She looks cool and sophisticated too.

I watched NL without knowing who LYW is. At first I thought SYK was not pretty and not special. But around in the middle of ep01, I was attractive by Daepyonim. Not till the end of ep01 I am fond of her already. :D I read some new fans/Bulyaian (fans of NL) have the same experience with me. :lol:

When SJ says "wouldn't it be better to shop with a friend" then a moment of silence...I remembered some Chinese fans commented "Daepyonim is too handsome to have friends" :D

8 hours ago, QSD said:

@avalon2046

I super love these scenes as well.  There’s another badass sequence to me is where she tells Jang Tae-joon’s secretary if they going to defame her make sure they got proofs first, something like that.

I like this scene too, it's in ep08. I love those scenes that Mr. Nam is lectured by SYK.
5iGLTIq.gif
and ep15, SYK tells Mr. Nam not to give her an opinion it's annoying. plus ep17 I just posted
iz6kdX9.gif

I like when SJ tells the secretary of GW Daepyonim is 100 times better than the other people, and finally realized GW is a hypocritical person. (EP18)

I also like the talking of SYK and SJ on the roof. (EP08)

• Like 2

Continue the translation: 170131 SBS Power FM (Lee Yo Won, Jung Man Sik)
(first part in page 781, the first post)
Credit to the unknown translator of bilibili.com

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av8314045

you can watch no sub video in youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_psQspo5U5c

(FYI: The time that I marked is according to the bilibili video, its duration is a bit shorter than the one in YTB. Bilibili is 56'23", YTB is 57'10") 

(translator skipped the talking of MC and JMS)

32:16
LYW: It’s similar to “very stubborn” this kind meaning.
(translator skipped the talking JMS and MC)

32:52
MC: Two of you please say something about this movie.
(All laugh)

33:12
LYW: So the feeling of family is very strong.

33:20
LYW read message: Is a jeo ssi the elder brother? Hahaha You wear cap and glasses I can’t recognize you. I saw you in Busan Film Festival before; I thought you were really very handsome.

33:38
JMS read message: I am the junior of Lee Yo Won xi in senior high school. The teacher always praised that you are very beautiful.
LYW: There was no such thing.
MC: Wuli (our) Yo Won xi is really very beautiful, particularly your legs.
LYW: I am very confident about my legs. (laugh)
MC: How tall are you? Your legs are very long.
LYW: Yes, (my legs are) very long.
MC: Really very beautiful.
LYW: Thank you.
MC: It’s not easy to say “I am very confident about my own legs” these kind words.
LYW: Is it?
MC: So they are really very beautiful. legs.
LYW: The unique part of my body.
LYW read message: Wishing a jeo sii good health and good luck.

(translator skipped the talking of JMS and MC)

35:09
LYW: Vegetables are good to our health.

(translator skipped the talking of MC)
35:16
LYW: Girls would like it very much.
(translator skipped the talking of JMS & MC)
35:56
JMS read message: Lee Yo Won nim, you did a drama recently, you must be busy. What are you doing when there is no itinerary? Do you have “I am fond of this?” “This is the factor of my energy.” these kind things recently?
LYW: There is nothing special. I started using SNS recently, so I fall into that a bit. I also like traveling very much. It is very interesting to make a plan of traveling.
MC: What do you like to do the most when you travel?
LYW: No doubt it’s shopping and eating. When I am rest, I really would do nothing just rest.
MC: What is the most recommended place? Where do you like most among the places that you have been?
LYW: I went to Paris not long ago. I went there again after a dozen years. I have experienced the things that I have heard of before and the things that I didn’t know. It’s really very great. It’s really a very good place to rest.
MC: Do you usually travel with other persons?
LYW: Sometimes with my family, sometimes on my own.
MC: Ah you even travel yourself!
LYW: We all enjoy our own unique time.
MC: Yes. This is nice.
(skipped JMS part)

37:54
MC: You started using SNS now, what kind of photos do you shoot mainly?
LYW: Mainly just those…I mainly upload working photos.
MC: Would you also shoot eating pictures?
LYW: (translator didn’t translate LYW’s answer…)

38:12
LYW read message: A jeo ssi, do you like any variety shows and dramas?

39:28
JMS read message: Lee Yo Won xi you are really very slim. What is your favorite food?
MC: Yeah, how could you be so slim and so beautiful? Even though you have children.
LYW: (laugh) Thank you. The food I like since I was a child is stir-fried rice cake. I like eating meat recently.
MC: Do you eat much usually?
LYW: Well, I can eat a lot when I am eating. I was very picky about food when I was a child. But in my 20s, when I started to work, because I have to adapt myself to the surroundings I started to eat a lot.
MC: You were very picky but you are still so tall?!
LYW: I sleep a lot. I seem to be sleeping so much that I am so tall.
MC: Yes. We have to sleep a lot when we were child.
JMS: When you are 10s you have to sleep a lot.
LYW: You only slept too when you were 10s. I thought it’s only me like this. (laugh)
JMS: I am not the kind of person that study hard.
LYW: I have been sleeping at school.
MC: So you only eat at meal time?
LYW: I don’t like to eat snacks very much.
MC (asking JMS): Is it? She didn’t eat something during shooting.
JMS: I don’t like to eat snacks very much either. Basically I only drink water.   

41:27 break (playing music)

44:59
MC: Does he like Hip-Hop very much?
LYW: Yes. He listened to Hip-Hop also in the studio (scene).
MC: It turns out that he likes this kind of music.

46:08
LYW read message: Wow a jeo ssi you really love your wife very much. How do two of you meet?

47:09
JMS read message: Lee Yo Won xi and a jeo ssi, how many box office do you think your movie will have? Do you want to make a bet?
JMS: Well, I won’t bet.
(LYW laugh)
MC: Who do you think this movie is suitable for?
JMS: All the people who have family.
LYW: Yes, really. Anyone can watch it.
(LYW and MC laugh)
JMS: All the people who have siblings.
LYW: Anyone can get the same feeling from this movie.
MC: You have to say it like this, to promote it with beautiful words.
(all laugh)

48:09
LYW: If only child watch it they would think it will be nice if they have siblings.
(translator skipped MC’s talking)

48:30
JMS read message: Who make more bloopers (NG) during film-making? Do you ever make bloopers because of uncontrollable laughter?
LYW: I would make bloopers because of uncontrollable laughter. Basically, if I don’t have uncontrollable laughter I wouldn’t make bloopers.
JMS: We didn’t make many bloopers.

49:01
JMS: Only I was laughing.
(LYW and MC laugh)

49:05 break

53:29
MC (read message?): Lee Yo Won xi really is a very outright girl crush.
MC: This is also my feeling.
MC read message: Lee Yo Won xi is really reverse.
(LYW laugh)
MC: She is not suitable for live stream, very dangerous.
(LYW laugh)

54:04
LYW: It’s really a very interesting movie.
(translator skipped MC’s words)
LYW: No matter who you are please go to watch it.
(all laugh)

54:33
MC: At last, the song requested by Lee Yo Won xi
LYW: Departure by Kim Dong-ryool

54:49
LYW: Thank you. (Yo Won waves her hands happily to say good bye.)

Translation finished.

• Thanks 4

17 hours ago, avalon2046 said:

17 hours ago, avalon2046 said:

I don't think it will be banned...there is a Kdrama "Painter of the Wind" the Heroine Shin Yun-bok and a gisaeng, Jung-hyang, their relationship is obvious. They are named 5 coins couple by fans. The two actors even won best couple award in 2008 SBS awards. I haven't watched this drama, just have watched some fan made MV about Shin Yun-bok and Jung-hyang, and read some impression of this drama. 

I watched NL without knowing who LYW is. At first I thought SYK was not pretty and not special. But around in the middle of ep01, I was attractive by Daepyonim. Not till the end of ep01 I am fond of her already. :D I read some new fans/Bulyaian (fans of NL) have the same experience with me. :lol:

I’ve watched this drama, yeah both actresses were so awkward when receiving the best couple award. 

First time I watched NL on A web before it was taken away, I thought LSJ was very pretty, Daepyonim was pretty too but a bit too roundish face. Probably the hairstyle of Daepyonim in 1st episode made her looked rounder . Later she picked up LSJ in the car her hair was straight, her face looked perfect.

Our queen’s most roundish face was in 49 days. I remember a fan said jokingly in a video cut of Song Yi Kyung, Daepyonim what happened to your face? 

• Like 1

I don't watch Painter of the Wind but I heard someone said it's a bit difference in regards to its two main characters as compared to NL.  Unlike NL, POTW which tells a story about one heroine and the other as a disguised man?  

17 hours ago, may2429 said:

First time I watched NL on A web before it was taken away, I thought LSJ was very pretty, Daepyonim was pretty too but a bit too roundish face. Probably the hairstyle of Daepyonim in 1st episode made her looked rounder . Later she picked up LSJ in the car her hair was straight, her face looked perfect.

IMO, LYW is not the first-eye beauty. And I read the same comment about her from some new fans included my friends. Anyway, she is getting more and more beautiful after seeing her 2nd, 3rd, 4th times and so on. I think her style in the auction in EP01 of NL is not good, like you said, too roundish face...

17 hours ago, may2429 said:

Our queen’s most roundish face was in 49 days. I remember a fan said jokingly in a video cut of Song Yi Kyung, Daepyonim what happened to your face? 

At first I have the same feeling when I watched 49 days. But Yo Won is getting more and more beautiful, more and more eye-catching with the story going on.

I read some fans said LYW's most roundish face was in Horse Doctor. I have not watched this drama.

16 hours ago, QSD said:

I don't watch Painter of the Wind but I heard someone said it's a bit difference in regards to its two main characters as compared to NL.  Unlike NL, POTW which tells a story about one heroine and the other as a disguised man?  

Painter of the Wind is about  the heroine Shin Yun-bok, she is also as a disguised man. She has two relationships. one with her teacher, the other one with a gisaeng, Jung-hyang. Both her teacher (a man) and Jung-hyang thought she is a he at the beginning. But later they knew the truth. the gisaeng, Jung-hyang still love Shin Yun-bok even though she knew Yun-bok is a girl. I read fans said Moon Geun-young (as Shin Yun-bok) played very well as a disguised man. They said she is really like a juvenile, and her eyes showed she loves Jung-hyang. Well I am thinking to watch this drama later.