Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

*** Lee Byung-hun donated 100 million won ($75,900) to children’s organizations just in time for Children’s Day in Korea, which is on May 5. He donated to the Seoul Asan Hospital's Pediatric Department, according to the hospital. His donation will be put to use in helping the families of child patients having financial difficulties paying for treatment.   :heart2beat:

credit : JoongAngDaily

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

May 6, 2023

Lee Byung Hun, good deeds for Children's Day... Donation of 100 million for children and adolescents

Screenshot_2023-05-06_at_11.50.33_AM.png

Actor Lee Byung-hun took the lead in a meaningful good deed on Children's Day.

According to his agency BH Entertainment on the 5th, Lee Byung-hun donated 100 million won to Asan Medical Center Children's Hospital for children and adolescents.

The donation delivered by Byung-Hun Lee is meant to support treatment costs for children and adolescent patients suffering from financial difficulties and provide integrated medical services that can alleviate the pain and improve the quality of life of children and adolescent patients and their families suffering from severe diseases. will be put to good use.

Lee Byung-hun continues to make donations to Asan Medical Center Children's Hospital in Seoul, while contributing to the spread of a culture of sharing by providing interest and support to underprivileged neighbors and children at home and abroad.

Lee Byung-hun is about to release the movie 'Concrete Utopia' (directed by Uhm Tae-hwa).

Source:  https://tenasia.hankyung.com/topic/article/2023050550304

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

*** 20 actors under BH Entertainment including Lee Byung Hun, Han Hyo Joo, Park Bo Young… Go Soo and MORE came to Da Nang to travel on the occasion of the 17th anniversary of the company’s establishment except for those who have filming schedules like Choo Ja Hyun who is in China to film Pedal the Wind 2023. Some other artists of the company such as Han Ga In, Park Jin Young, Ahn So Hee… were absent from this trip. Lee Byung Hun spent $75,000 to bring the stars together, which is estimated at 100 million won.  On May 12, Isplus newspaper reported that 62 people from BH Entertainment were present in Da Nang. On the same day, Lee Byung Hun also shared on his personal page a group photo in white uniform taken in Da Nang. They have a 4-day 3-night trip to rest, travel and organize seminars. A representative of BH Entertainment said that the trip was also aimed at raising the morale of the actors and staff. It is reported that this event was held at the suggestion of Lee Byung Hun at the end of 2022 Christmas party.   :kaching1:

Lee-Byung-Hun_2023-660x375.jpg

• Like 4

*** Some K-agencies undergo alternate increases and decreases in strength but, Lee Byung Hun's own agency since its launch has been a powerhouse. He's gotten top actors and actresses and kept them, many of the stars remain loyal. It's so NICE to see so many A-listers under BH Entertainment wing. I'm impressed so many found time to go there and join this get-together. I'm sure the managers and staff were also with them. I'm happy that Go Soo is in good hands. The management takes care of their actors very well. I think this is one of the reasons why the stars are staying.   :heart2beat:

• Like 4

Is Age Truly Just A Number? Here Are 7 K-Celebrity Couples With Huge Age Gaps Who Have Not Broken Up

The biggest age gap is 21 years!

It is often said that age is just a number, and seeing these couples, it just might be true. Here are the Korean celebrity couples that overcame the societal standards of age in romance and even the disapproving glances of some netizens by staying together as a couple!

1. Actors Lee Byung Hun and Lee Min Jeong

With an age difference of 12 years, Lee Byung Hun (52) and Lee Min Jeong (41) met through an acquaintance in 2006 and publicly became a couple in 2012. They got married the next year and had a child in 2016.

VhajtmGB9Yj7oNKymK94Sb1ufzlXWwijZrGh26q5--Ob__Wgkmuv1p2D34nR8BkxUKRLQZnyCArMsSpArYx0erzJ6Z70CC_nYs3ehblX6u6ni2Q=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365 | Yonhap News

-Advertisement-

The couple admitted that they once broke up before in the early stages of their relationship. Because Lee Byung Hun was a top actor and Lee Min Jeong was a rookie actress when they first met, he lived overseas for work and felt like he was in her way of pursuing her future. They broke up because of their different schedules but met each other again when Lee Byung Hun returned to Korea.

Since then, the couple has gotten married and has been together, attending Versace fashion shows as a never-aging couple and doing cute family things like going to Universal Studios with their son.

KDFcErTbS6vNNzEAMZTl0obPre5fOnuXr1tZFaLn

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/age-truly-just-number-korean-celebrity-couples-huge-age-gaps-not-broken/

• Like 3
  • Love 1

*** Writers Kim Eun Sook and Kim Eun Hee are representative figures when it comes to melodrama and thriller genres in the Korean drama world. There are only three actors who starred in both of the writers’ works and one of them is Lee Byung Hun. He starred in Kim Eun Hee’s debut film “Once in a Summer” and Kim Eun Sook’s drama “Mr. Sunshine”.   :sweet:

kim-eun-hee-4-17052023.webp

kim-eun-hee-2-17052023.webp

source : https://www.wikitree.co.kr/articles/853816

• Like 4

*** "Squid Game" will produce  Season 2" and  Season 3" at the same time and showcase a total of 13 episodes starring Lee Jung-jae and Lee Byung-hun after discussion with Netflix and release them sequentially. Whether "Squid Game - Season 2" will be a six-part series or "Squid Game - Season 3" will be a seven-part series will be decided after future discussions. Recently, the drama began filming for the season 2 test, and the first shooting will begin in July. As seasons 2 and 3 are filmed at the same time, the filming period will also take more than 10 months. The story is known to be

centered around Lee Jung-jae who plays Seong Gi-hun and frontman Lee Byung-hun.   :wut:

source : Hancinema

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

*** The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for film actors! The rankings were determined through an analysis of the consumer participation, media coverage, interaction, and community awareness indexes of 50 popular movie stars, using big data collected from April 29 to May 29. Lee Byung

Hun took 19th place in the rankings with a brand reputation index of 2,592,834.      :shaq:

Check out the top 30 for this month below!

1. Son Suk Ku
  2. Song Joong Ki
  3. Ma Dong Seok
  4. Jeon Do Yeon
  5. Kim Hye Soo
  6. Park Seo Joon
  7. Kim Tae Ri
  8. Heo Sung Tae
  9. Hyun Bin
  10. Cho Seung Woo
  11. Jung Hae In
  12. Kim Da Mi
  13. Jo Jin Woong
  14. Kim Nam Gil
  15. Jeon Hye Jin
  16. Park Bo Young
  17. Ryu Jun Yeol
  18. Han Ji Min
  19. Lee Byung Hun
  20. Lee Jung Jae

(skipped unrelated.....)

restmb_allidxmake.php?pp=002&idx=3&simg=

restmb_allidxmake.php?pp=002&idx=3&simg=

source : http://www.beyondpost.co.kr/view.php?ud=202305290911039041499def050a_30

• Like 2

10 K-Drama Male Leads Who Never Lost Sight Of Their First Love

Is your first love your one and only love? Some may agree and some may agree to disagree. However, there are men who have not only waited for years but even moved heaven and earth as well as traveled across dimensions to be reunited with their first and only love. Wondering where you can find these men? Where else but in K-dramas! These men have set the bar as the poster boys of everlasting love. Here’s a look at 10 K-dramas where male leads never lost sight of their first love.

“Our Blues”

our-blues.jpeg

“Our Blues” is a bittersweet anthology of ordinary people living in Jeju Island as they struggle between making a living, navigating through the complexities of relationships, the memories of the past, and the burdens of present-day life.

Lee Dong Suk (Lee Byung Hun) always loved Min Seon Ah (Shin Min Ah) since they were teenagers. However, Seon Ah, aware of his feelings, breaks his heart and moves away to the city. Years later, she is a young mother suffering from depression. Her marriage has fallen apart given her mental health issues, and she ends up losing the custody of her son.

Tired, distraught, and hopeless, she returns to Jeju, only to be brought face-to-face with Dong Suk again. Dong Suk, a traveling salesman, is embittered with the curveballs life has thrown his way. His fractured relationship with his mother, death of his sister, and the betrayal by his one and only love have made him brusque and dispassionate. Though he resents her arrival at first, he soon becomes instrumental in her healing and helping Seon Ah get her life back on track.

“Our Blues” incidentally marks Shin Min Ah’s third screen outing with Lee Byung Hun. From playing his sister in her debut “Beautiful Days” to his unrequited love interest in the action noir film “Bittersweet Life,” “Our Blues” shows them for the first time as romantic leads. Bringing forth the complexities of love, the two actors are a treat to watch as they unravel the journey of two broken souls healing and supporting each other.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 2

*** “Concrete Utopia”, has confirmed its release in cinemas in August. The teaser poster has been unveiled. Lee Byung Hun, Park Seo Joon, and Park Bo Young are fresh combination to be in one-frame. I'm curious about the teaser poster because it shows a city in ruins, with only one apartment building still standing with the caption, “Everything collapsed

except our apartment”.   :wut:

20230602082312585ktmc.jpg

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20230602082311471

• Like 4

'Concrete Utopia' trailer

video source : allkpop

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

*** This drama may initially be difficult to watch due to its heart-wrenching narrative, but it leads to make it all the more

captivating!    :heart3:      This is one of the best shows I've watched. I loved this drama.

Our Blues

Our Blues

• Like 4

Watch: Lee Byung Hun, Park Seo Joon, Park Bo Young, And More Must Protect Their Lone Apartment In Trailer For Disaster Film “Concrete Utopia”

20230602143239_Concrete-Utopia.jpg?s=900

“Concrete Utopia” starring Lee Byung Hun, Park Seo Joon, Park Bo Young, and more has released an intense trailer!

Loosely based on Part 2 of the hit webtoon “Joyful Outcast” (“Pleasant Neighbors”), “Concrete Utopia” is a new disaster thriller about the aftermath of a devastating earthquake. The movie will follow the story that begins when the survivors gather at Hwang Goong Apartments, the only building left standing in an earthquake-ravaged Seoul.

Lee Byung Hun stars as Young Tak, the temporary leader of the residents of Hwang Goong Apartments who will do anything to protect the building from outsiders. Park Seo Joon and Park Bo Young portray a married couple who is determined to protect their family and apartment. The film also stars Kim Sun Young, Park Ji Hu, Kim Do Yoon, and more.

The earthquake-ravaged city is depicted in the new “Concrete Utopia” poster, with just one lone apartment standing tall in the rubble. The poster reads, “Everything has collapsed, except our apartment,” and confirms the film’s release date for this August.

Concrete-Utopia.jpeg

In the trailer, the earthquake survivors show hope and determination. Young Tak quietly comments, “I feel like this apartment has been chosen.” Someone else adds, “To be honest, a murderer and a pastor are the same now.”

Flashing back to the intense earthquake, Seoul gets ripped apart as Myung Hwa (Park Bo Young) asks Hye Won (Park Ji Hu), “How is it outside?” Hye Won replies, “Hell.”

Once the apartment residents realize their building is the last one standing, they step forward to protect it and themselves. Gathering all the survivors, Young Tak chants, “The apartment! Belongs to the people!”

Watch the trailer here:

“Concrete Utopia” will premiere in theaters this August!

credit : soompi news

• Like 5

June 9, 2023

Lee Byung Hun Fan Meeting in Japan 

Screenshot_2023-06-09_at_10.48.37_PM.png

Screenshot_2023-06-09_at_10.37.47_PM.png

Screenshot_2023-06-09_at_10.37.58_PM.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_2023-06-09_at_10.38.21_PM.png

Lee Byung Hun is holding five fan meetings in Tokyo's Tatemono Brillia Hall from June 10 to June 12. 

He posted some rehearsal photos in his Instagram.  

Source: LBH Instagram 

• Like 5

Pin on Gif

NEW EVENT!

Quick Poll - A K-Drama Addict's Guide to Popular Korean Words and Phrases!

So how many words have you picked up since you started watching K-dramas?  Find out by taking a short quiz. Vote for the words you are inadverently using in your daily conversation with your non K-drama watching chingus and driving them crazy. Let us know how you fared. :happydance:

re: Your friendly neighbourhood EO team :innocent:

@confusedheart @partyon @agenth and @Sleepy Owl

*** “Concrete Utopia”  has been pre-sold to 152 countries ahead of its release as of Tuesday, distributor Lotte Entertainment announced the same day. Countries that the movie is sold to include France, Italy, Japan and Mexico. This is great news because it explained that such pre-sales reflect foreign moviegoers’ interest in the movie. “Concrete Utopia” is scheduled to be released in August.   :sweet:

Main poster for ″Concrete Utopia″ [LOTTE ENTERTAINMENT]

Main poster for ″Concrete Utopia″ [LOTTE ENTERTAINMENT]

credit : JoongAngDaily

• Like 4

Reverso translation of the ITW published in the French magazine Cinema Teaser Hors série n°121 spécial cinéma coréen

LEE BYUNG-HUN

With seven films in the Top 100 of the greatest Korean hits of all time. Lee Byung-hun is not just a superstar, a member of his country’s cinema royalty. He is one of the key figures of its renewal and its explosion, thanks to the JSA pillar of Park Chan-wook and his fruitful collaboration with Kim Jee-woon. Met at the Cannes Film Festival in 2021. Where he presented EMERGENCY DECLARATION, he confided in us on what guides his choices.

EMERGENCY DECLARATION (INTERVIEW CONDUCTED IN JULY 2021) 
By EMMANUELLE SPADACENTA and AURELIEN ALLAIN/ FRENCH TRANSLATION: YEJIN KlM/ PORTRAIT: SEBASTIEN VINCENT

ASHFALL, EMERGENCY DECLARATION and the earthquake film CONCRETE UTOPIA, that we are waiting for: you have shot three disaster films in three years. This genre is a technical challenge and a spectacle. When we reach your notoriety, is this a way to find a setting that lives up to its status? And is it a little more difficult for you to make more 'small films'? 

Honestly, I don’t really like disaster movies (Laughter) if I choose to make a film like this, it’s above all because the story itself pleases me. I go to projects that seem entertaining to me. It’s never really a particular genre that drives me to go. The size of the budget has never mattered to me, nor has it ever guided my choices. For example, I made smaller films like A SINGLE RIDER (2017) or THE MATCH (2023), which takes place in the Go world. What really matters is the story. If it’s good, I go ahead, regardless of the budget or the size of the project.

CONCRETE UTOPIA was directed by Um Tae-hwa, whose film is only the third. Are you particularly attentive to the new generation?

I completely agree with the idea that cinema is the art of the director. But if my ambition had stopped to shoot only great master projects, I would have stayed to make films with Park Chan-wook, Bong Joon Ho etc. Except that, deep down, I do have a lot of expectations and hope for the new generation. I’ve made a lot of early films.

Do­ you sometimes fear that your reputation will frighten young filmmakers?

Not really I think I had a lot of luck on that point. So far, young filmmakers name ever hesitated to contact me. I get a lot of scenarios from them­ (Laughter.)

How do you view your American career­?

For me, the Hollywood adventure stems from the same principle as when I made the first films. All this is part of my taste for adventure. I am very curious about the new. I am always proud to have made a different film or directed by an unknown filmmaker. The Hollywood challenge is the same. 'Why not? Why not try a career in Hollywood? 'The key word for me is really 'curiosity'. There were opportunities in America, so I made some films there. After that, indeed, they might not all be to my liking. I started with very popular films that could reach a very large audience. And it’s true that I was chosen more than I chose. My desire was to reach a level that allowed me to choose films, but so far, that has not been the case.

Do you still hope to reach this level­ in America?

Yes. But I shoot a lot in Korea... I can’t tell you which ones but recently there have been a few Hollywood projects that I was really interested in and that I had to give up because throwing too busy. I hope to have more time at the future and more time to reflect on my choices in America. I didn’t give it up at all.­­

A BITTERSWEET LIFE has imposed you in the eyes of the world as a physical, action actor. We know that you are above all a very great dramatic actor. Do you feel that in America your dramatic talent has been underexploited?

In fact, I think it goes back to the notion of choice that I mentioned earlier. In Hollywood, people all thought I was an action actor, yes. I had no choice, then. But the projects that interested me and that I had to give up because of my Korean schedule would have focused more on my acting skills, precisely. When I received these proposals, it gave me hope. I thought I was getting a little closer to what I’d like­ to show the United States­­­­

You made four movies with Kim Jee-woon. What have you learned about your profession by his side?

I really like talking to the directors, discuss the scenario, suggest ideas that are not in the script, etc. It can range from simple jokes to more serious ideas. With Kim Jee-woon, we have very similar tastes­laires so I really like working with him – In fact he’s the filmmaker I’ve worked with most of the time. We know each other by heart, we don’t even need to design anymore. I know a lot of our fans are waiting for us to work together again...

What made you want to be an actor? What was your relationship to cinema when you were a child and a teenager?

I never dreamed of becoming an actor, it fell on me by chance: a friend of my mother recommended me and that’s how I started. At the time, I saw it as a great experience, nothing more. Then little by little, I found that there was a crazy charm to this job so I continued… As for my relationship with cinema, it dates from my earliest childhood I went to the cinema for the first time at the age of 4, with a cousin, to see 'PAPILLON' At the time, there were standing places so my cousin took me on his shoulders, I watched the film like that and I remember this experience very well...­ but not at all the film! (Laughter). So, of course, I have a great affection for the cinema. To the point that I am an adult, I sometimes wondered if it was the films I liked or the cinema.

9qba.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Star-studded disaster film 'Concrete Utopia' sold to 152 countries

By Lee Gyu-lee

The upcoming disaster film "Concrete Utopia," starring actors Lee Byung-hun and Park Seo-joon, has already been sold to over 150 countries ahead of its release in local theaters in August.

On Tuesday, the film's distributor Lotte Entertainment announced that this star-studded movie will also premiere in 152 countries, including France, Italy, Japan, India, Mexico, Brazil and Argentina.

Directed by Um Tae-hwa, who previously helmed the 2016 fantasy movie "Vanishing Time: A Boy Who Returned," the blockbuster movie is set in a deserted Seoul, swept by a massive earthquake. Amidst the chaos, the sole surviving residents of one building come together to defend themselves against outsiders.

Lee will play the role of Young-tak, who is the head of the apartment's residential committee. Park Seo-joon and Park Bo-young will play a husband and wife dedicating themselves to protecting each other through the disaster.

"Director Um has presented a spectacle disaster film that provokes thoughts on solidarity among humans. It's visually surprising and touching, and actor Lee Byung-hun's performance is amazing," said The Jokers Films, the French distributor of the film.

The film is produced by Climax Studio, a production house known for making Netflix's original series "D.P" and "Hellbound."

credit : Korea Times

• Like 5

June 14, 2023

More photos from Lee Byung Hun's fan meeting in Tokyo

Screenshot_2023-06-14_at_11.27.53_PM.png

Screenshot_2023-06-14_at_11.28.16_PM.png

Screenshot_2023-06-14_at_11.27.04_PM.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_2023-06-14_at_11.28.03_PM.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_2023-06-14_at_11.27.43_PM.png

Spoiler