Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

July 6, 2023 

Eugene in heaven watching all the Yeong tak posters and LBH doing Yeong tak spamming in his IG feed. 

:lol::joy:

april-2023-07-06-23-27-49-553.jpg

Please don’t take this joke seriously. I might love Yeong tak but it’s just so funny to me how LBH has been spamming us, and each looks worst than the previous one. Haha I feel like he himself is having a time of his life clowning himself. :lol:

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

“Concrete Utopia” unveils character posters, Lee Byung Hun makes unconventional visual transformation

Lee Byung Hun made another unconventional visual transformation after the movie “Inside Men”.

The movie “Concrete Utopia” tells the story of earthquake survivors in “Imperial Palace Apartment” in Seoul. It is a new adaptation based on the second part “Pleasant Neighbor” of Kim Sung Nik’s popular webtoon “Pleasant Bullying”, which has been well-received since its serialization in 2014.

Concrete Utopia lee byung hun

It is a new work by director Um Tae Hwa, who directed “Ingtoogi: The Battle of Internet Trolls” and “Vanishing Time: A Boy Who Returned”. It boasts a splendid casting lineup including actors Lee Byung Hun, Park Seo Joon, Park Bo Young, Kim Sun Young, Park Ji Hu and Kim Do Yoon.

The character posters, which were unveiled ahead of the movie’s release, contained the overwhelming visual transformation of characters set in “Imperial Palace Apartment”. In particular, the poster of Lee Byung Hun, who played the new resident representative Yeong Tak, dominated the atmosphere only with his eyes.

Here, the copy “I was chosen for this apartment. I think so” stimulated curiosity about the setting.

Meanwhile, “Concrete Utopia” is scheduled to be released on August 9th.

source : https://kbizoom.com/concrete-utopia-unveils-character-posters-lee-byung-hun-makes-unconventional-visual-transformation/

• Like 5

July 7, 2023

HAPPY 5TH YEAR ANNIVERSARY TO THIS EPIC AND TIMELESS HISTORICAL MASTERPIECE, MR. SUNSHINE. :star:

DF28-BF07-1-C08-4-A05-89-E2-20233-A57-E0

This drama and all its characters have a very special place in my heart, and it was an unforgettable experience watching it. It really changed my life and I am forever grateful. Words fail me to express myself but since it’s already been 5 years, I just felt a new meaning watching this relationship chart poster which is growing and branching like a tree. With all the meaningful symbolism behind trees, I feel like it also perfectly represent this timeless masterpiece, which was and will stay relevant for many years to come. 

I am not sure if it has been posted here before but I just want to share this beautiful, proud moment in history as a celebration of Mr. Sunshine as I think there’s no better timing than this. LBH was not in Korea when it happened as he was possibly preparing for Stanford Lecture but I hope him and all the cast and crew heard about this news. This was broadcasted live in major tv channels when it happened. This was such a proud moment after all. 

‘Mr. Sunshine’ returns home after century-long wait

Published : Apr 10, 2023 - 15:29       Updated : Apr 10, 2023 - 17:1

april-2023-07-05-22-38-22-702.jpg

The remains of the Korean independence fighter who inspired the hit South Korean TV series “Mr. Sunshine,” have returned home and been laid to rest at a national cemetery in South Korea after a century-long wait.

Hwang Ki-hwan had been buried at Mount Olivet Cemetery in New York after dying alone in 1923. A century after his death, his remains arrived at Incheon Airport early on Monday morning after a 15-hour flight.

Honor guards carried Hwang’s casket, which was covered with a South Korean national flag, during the repatriation ceremony starting at 9 a.m.

South Korean Minister of Patriots and Veterans Affairs Park Min-shik and descendants of Korean independence fighters paid tribute to the deceased patriot while a song was played to honor him.

“After 100 years, patriot Hwang Ki-hwan has finally returned to his homeland today. When thinking about his whole life dedicated to fighting for independence, I am truly sorry for the time of 100 years,” Park said Monday in a written message.

“I hope that he can now rest in peace in the embrace of his proud homeland, which has risen on the world stage.”

Hwang was interred in the national cemetery in Daejeon on Monday afternoon. The patriot had South Korean nationality conferred to him before the burial ceremony. Hwang had been stateless as he had no direct descendants in South Korea and left Korea before the Japanese Empire enacted Chosun Civil Codes in 1912, which the South Korean government used as the standard to grant nationality after liberation.

The Ministry of Patriots and Veterans Affairs put in a decade of strenuous efforts since 2013 to bring back his remains to South Korea.

The New York cemetery had called for a local court’s approval due to the absence of Hwang’s family members. The ministry failed to obtain approval from the local court twice in 2019 and 2022 due to the lack of official records to confirm that he had no living family. But the cemetery gave the green light in January to repatriate Hwang’s remains to South Korea.

Hwang, whose English name is Earl K. Whang, devoted his whole life to restoring Korea’s sovereignty from Japanese colonial rule and telling the world about Japanese atrocities while traveling around France, the United States and the United Kingdom. Hwang’s interviews, in which he claimed the legitimacy of Korean independence, were featured in the international press, including the New York Herald and the Chicago Tribune.

Born in 1886 in Sunchon, South Pyongan Province, now in North Korea, Hwang moved to the United States in 1904 to study. Then he volunteered to fight for the US in 1918 during World War I and rescued wounded soldiers on the front lines in Europe.

After the war, he moved to France in 1919 and engaged in the Korean independence movement. Hwang supported Kim Kyu-sik, then-foreign minister of the Korean Provisional Government in exile in Shanghai, who stayed in France to attend the Paris Peace Conference convened in January 1919 at Versailles, just outside Paris, to lobby for Korean independence.

Hwang published a monthly magazine, dubbed La Coree Libre, in French and distributed it to news organizations, government officials and scholars.

Hwang also mustered support for the Korean independence movement in the UK. Along with Frederick Arthur McKenzie, he led efforts to establish the League of Friends of Korea in London in support of Korean independence in late October 1920. McKenzie was a journalist whose reporting and writing during the early 20th century helped expose Koreans’ suffering under the rule of Imperial Japan.

Hwang later moved to the US to attend the Washington Conference in the early 1920s and continue his fight for Korean independence and protect the rights of overseas Koreans.

He died of a heart attack in New York. The South Korean government awarded him with the Order of Merit of National Foundation and Patriotism Award, posthumously recognizing his contribution toward the Korean independence movement.

His grave was found at the West Lawn of Mount Olivet Cemetery in 2008, 85 years after his death, as he was unmarried and had no bereaved family members.

His life came to wider attention thanks to “Mr. Sunshine,” a historical drama that aired in 2018.

The Korean patriot was depicted as Eugene Choi, a Korean-born US military officer, played by Korean actor Lee Byung-hun. Choi, a former slave who returned home during the Japanese rule of the Korean peninsula, joins a band of independence fighters with Go Ae-shin, a nobleman’s daughter played by Kim Tae-ri.

Source: Here

Also, Rabidance covered “Good Day” by Melomance live during the ceremony, and they had giant “See You Again” stand at the front. I still bawl my eyes out whenever I listen to the osts. :tears:

Here are some links from IG. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Insightful 1

July 7, 2023 

TV리포트

"TOP 3 Acting Gods" Seol Kyung-gu, Lee Byung-hun, and Ha Jung-woo back to back comeback. Who's number one? 

0001262238_001_20230707145601262.jpg?type=w430View Source
Actors Seol Kyung-gu, Lee Byung-hun, and Ha Jung-woo will continue the vitality of Korean films that have been revived with "Roundup: No way out."

Skipped others part... 

Lee Byung-hun, who heralded an unconventional visual transformation following "Inside Men," will return to a disaster film.The movie "Concrete Utopia" is a disaster drama that begins with survivors gathering in Seoul, the only remaining palace apartment in Seoul, which was devastated by a major earthquake. Actors Lee Byung-hun, Park Seo-joon, Park Bo-young, Kim Sun-young, Park Ji-hoo and Kim Do-yoon will appear. 

"Concrete Utopia," which will be released on August 9, predicted to maximize immersion with high-quality CG from the super-large open set. Director Um Tae-hwa, who directed the film, stressed that realism is the core of the film. In response, art director Cho Hwa-sung said, "We made the set as much as the actual building format," and CG supervisor Eun Jae-hyun said, "The difference is that it was made with materials obtained while studying Seoul."  

On top of that, Lee Byung-hun's performance, a box office guarantee, is another anticipated point of the movie. In particular, it is expected to overwhelm the audience with his visual transformation. In the character poster released ahead of its release, Lee Byung-hun drew attention with his receeding hairline forehead. In the play, Lee Byung-hun, who played the new resident representative of the Imperial palace apartment, will show a strong appearance as a leader of those who struggle to survive in the disaster. 

Lee Byung-hun is presenting a variety of performances across the home theater and screen. In each work, he not only captivates the public with his admiring acting, but also his fellow actors express their desire to work with him.The same was true of the 'Concrete Utopia'. Park Seo-joon, Park Bo-young, and Kim Sun-young reportedly sent a love call first after hearing the news of Lee Byung-hun's casting. 

• Like 4

July 8, 2023 

LBH and LMJ at the U. S. Women's Open Golf tournament in Pebble Beach, California

april-2023-07-08-20-29-54-142.jpg

20230708-234226.jpg

From Golfer Alex Kang's IG story: 

LBH Enjoying his pizza and calling the guy(cameraman) out for his poor direction/instructions saying it's stupid haha.

(Context: He was constantly teasing his sister who is a professional golfer Danielle Kang for the miscut in the tournament.. Previously, Alex and Danielle shared pics of LBH on their IG too. They could be cousins considering how the guy called LBH, Hyung.) 

Spoiler

Screenshot-20230708-203719-Instagram.jpg

From LMJ Instagram. 

Spoiler

Thank you @milkzywayz for sharing the clip on Twitter. :wub:

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

July 9, 2023.

FINALLY IT’S HAPPENING!!!!!:yay:

This is a dream come true. Yoo Jae Suk’s dream to have LBH over for interview also came true. Now, as he once said, we will finally be able to hear LBH’s side of the fun story of their daily lives. Really can’t wait to watch this!!

OSEN

Lee Byung-hun is confirmed to appear on "Yoo Quiz.""The filming date is undecided."

0004886224_001_20230710123303470.jpg?type=w430View Source

Actor Lee Byung-hun will appear on tvN's "Yoo Quiz on the Block."

Lee Byung-hun's agency, BH Entertainment, told OSEN on the 10th, "Lee Byung-hun will appear in 'Yoo Quiz on the Block' (hereinafter referred to as 'Yoo Quiz')," adding, "The filming has not yet progressed, and the broadcast date is also undecided."

Ahead of the release of the movie "Concrete Utopia," Lee Byung-hun will appear in "Yoo Quiz" to share various stories, including his work.Expectations are high on what story Lee Byung-hun, who met Yoo Jae-seok, will tell.

Meanwhile, "Concrete Utopia" starring Lee Byung-hun (director Um Tae-hwa, production climax studio, co-production BH Entertainment, and distribution Lotte Entertainment) is a disaster drama that tells the story of survivors gathering in Seoul, the only remaining imperial apartment.Released August 9.

Interview News treat, IG picture treat wow!! 

California Tourism Board Ambassador, Lee Byung Hun, looking super cool in versace. 

He used the California Ambassador hastag but I'm not sure if he is still serving as an Ambassador though. He sure is looking fine nonetheless. :glasses: 

20230709-233542.jpg

Bringing this back! Still haven't gotten over this video. This has to be one of my fav LBH outdoor video along with the Jaeger-LeCoultre for 75th Venice film festival. 

• Like 4
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

July 10, 2023 

Top 10 Korean historical dramas that Japanese women like the most

A survey of 2171 women of all ages in Japan on a ranking site in Japan. 

We compiled our Top 10 favorite Korean historical drama movies.

1st. <Gwanghae, The Man Who Became a King> (2012) - 307 votes

acce1aac03f41c672ea62b9f9c593571.jpg

2nd. The King and The Clown (2005) - 177 votes

3rd. The Fatal Encounter (2014) - 166 votes 

4th: The Grand Heist (2012) - 155 votes 

5th: The Last Princess (2016) - 136 votes 

6th: The Blades of Blood (2009) - 133 votes 

(Jointly ranked) 7th: The Great Battle (2017) - 129 votes 

(Jointly ranked) 7th: Detective (2011) - 129 votes 

9th:  The Tailor (2014) - 123 votes 

10th: Admiral: The Roaring currents (2014) - 120 votes 

As expected Gwanghae topped the list but like one comment said I am also surprised seeing The Last Princess and Admiral on the list considering their plot and not seeing The Throne among the list. 

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Ephoenix said:
Actor Lee Byung-hun will appear on tvN's "You Quiz on the Block."

Lee Byung-hun's agency, BH Entertainment, told OSEN on the 10th, "Lee Byung-hun will appear in 'You Quiz on the Block' (hereinafter referred to as 'You Quiz')," adding, "The filming has not yet progressed, and the broadcast date is also undecided."

Ahead of the release of the movie "Concrete Utopia," Lee Byung-hun will appear in "You Quiz" to share various stories, including his work.Expectations are high on what story Lee Byung-hun, who met Yoo Jae-seok, will tell.

@Ephoenix Excellent news indeed.  Truly look forward to this programme! 

• Like 4

July 11, 2023 

~ HAPPY LBH DAY!!!! ~

april-2023-07-11-15-25-35-588-01.jpg

Happy Birthday, Lee Byung-hun! :foryou:

May you always Be Happy like your name, and charismatic and awesome llike your acting. Wishing you a good health and successful days ahead, my dear Actor. 

Here's to celebrating your forever 25th birthday! :tongue: 

• Like 4

July 12, 2023. 

It's his day,

it's his birthday,

but he made sure

to make my day!!! 

~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LEE BYUNG-HUN!!~

Screenshot-20230711-230708-Instagram.jpg

20230711-231032.jpg

~ BH Entertainment surprise package! LBH Tokyo fanmeeting Vlog. Eng and Japanese subs will be added soon.~

Lotte Entertainment celebrated his birthday at the CU press con! Not was it just like his birthday because of all the compliments and praises he got that day, but they actually did it!!!! Love that for him!! He just looks so adorably cute! :wub:

Spoiler

• Like 5
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

*** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Oppa!   :heart:    I hope you have a grand time celebrating your special DAY today with your family & loved-ones!    :happydance:

51eirNWZ6yL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

‘Concrete Utopia’ sets itself apart with grand-scale, realistic set designs

The interiors of the apartment units were custom-designed to show the characteristics and jobs of each character that Lee Byung-hun, Park Seo-joon and Park Bo-young play. They star as a group of residents in the Hwang Gung Apartments. Lee plays Young-tak, a leader among the residents, Park Seo-joon stars as Min-seong, who supports Young-tak, and Park Bo-young plays Min-seong’s wife.

Sophisticated computer graphics were also used to show the contrast between Seoul before and after the devastating earthquake.

Production company Climax Studio, which produced hit Netflix originals “Hellbound” and “D.P.,” participated in the film.

Realistic, detailed set design was pivotal for the film as it is not just about the aftermath of a disaster but shows different sides of human instincts when put in an extreme situation, according to director Um.

“It was important for me to add reality to the film sets. It took two years for the computer graphics team to study the geography of Seoul and apply it to the computer graphics work,” said Um during a press conference held on June 21.

To get the most out of the film’s overwhelming visual effects and sound, he encouraged people to watch “Concrete Utopia” in a cinema.

“Concrete Utopia” hits local theaters on Aug. 9.

The movie has also been presold in 152 countries, according to distributor Lotte Entertainment.

By Kim Da-sol (ddd@heraldcorp.com)

credit : https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20230711000697&np=1&mp=1

• Like 5

July 12, 2023 

JTBC

Another new 'Lee Byung-hun genre' to be created by 'Concrete Utopia' Lee Byung-hun

0000350827_001_20230712075803522.jpg?type=w430view original

Actor Lee Byung-hun will once again conquer the summer market through the movie "Concrete Utopia (directed by Um Tae-hwa).""Concrete Utopia" is a disaster movie about Seoul, which was devastated by a major earthquake, and it is the only remaining palace apartment that begins with survivors gathering.

Lee Byung-hun, who has no hesitation in trying to make a thrilling challenge and transformation through the Television and screen, has been spending his second and third heyday in recent years, leaving bigger works. Therefore, expectations for the "concrete utopia" chosen by Lee Byung-hun are also different.

In 2018, the popular drama "Mr. Sunshine" which depicts a Korean boy who fled to the U.S. at the time of Shin Mi-yangyo, returns to his homeland that abandoned him, Lee Byung-hun showed cool and calm charisma as Eugene Choi, a U.S. Marine officer who returned to Joseon.

202307120914618023_2_20230712093705257.jpg?type=w430

In the movie "ASHFALL," which tells the story of the largest volcanic eruption in Korean history, he was chosen by 8.2 million viewers for his unlimited acting transformation as a top North Korean spy, Ri Jun-pyeong, who holds the key to a secret operation to prevent the eruption.

Spoiler

202307120914618023_3_20230712093705261.jpg?type=w430

In addition, Lee Byung-hun, who played the role of Kim Gyu-pyeong, the head of the Korean Central Intelligence Agency, captured the hearts of critics and the public at the same time by showing irreplaceable acting that conveyed everything with his eyes and facial expressions.

202307120914618023_4_20230712093705265.jpg?type=w430
view
Lee Byung-hun, who makes a strong impression on each work with in-depth research on the character and explosive acting skills, will put a completely different "Lee Byung-hun genre" on the screen this summer as Young-tak in "concrete utopia."

In this movie, Lee Byung-hun, who predicts a deeper acting as Yeong-tak, the representative of the residents of the palace apartment, perfectly played a human, charismatic, natural, and sharp character, creating an irreplaceable character.

In particular, Lee Byung-hun, who expresses Young-tak's charisma, which emits passionate energy at every critical moment when the safety of the residents is at stake, is expected to show off his presence that overwhelms the screen.

In addition, Lee Byung-hun, who worked with Min-sung Park Seo-joon, who is trying to protect his family for the first time, will show fresh chemistry through excellent speed control between humor and tension. 

"Concrete Utopia," which makes people look forward to Lee Byung-hun's new face, which has shown unlimited acting transformation, is a new adaptation based on the second part of Kim Soo-nyung's popular webtoon "Cheerful Bullying" since its 2014 serialization.You can meet at the theater on the 9th of next month. 

Source: (1) (2

• Like 2

July 12, 2023

CONCRETE UTOPIA TWO MAIN POSTER RELEASED

E5-FC9-C37-B632-4-E60-A24-D-903-F36364-A

This looks like a survival pyramid, and ofc Young tak is at the top of the food chain, and actually sitting on a commode. Lol. At least this is how it begins……. Also, my curiosity about the outsiders who are at the bottom of the chain keeps growing, as they have been constantly kept in a veil till now. And who could possibly be the nemesis of Yeong tak in the story? Hmmm…

Lotte is really delivering with its promotional styles for this movie, following all these latest trends of memes and shorts, witty captions and such. It’s really promotion utopia XD 

@milkzywayz thank you for highlighting the commode details on twitter lmao. LBH and his “Maehwa pot” saga continues I guess… I can already sense a dark comedy from here.:lol:

6-EF85-F12-6-E3-E-483-D-93-F9-94944-F0-E

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

July 13, 2023

LBH’s IG updates: 

The diversity though. Yesterday looking sassy “Miss Korea Lee Byung Hun” in colorful Birthday sash (There actually was an article trending with that as headline and if LMJ was the one who made him do it. Haha) and today, oozing casual awesomeness at the baseball match and self promoting tourism :D Love this bold and cute era of LBH. Enjoying every moment of it before we suffer all the food truck phase and draught. XD 

:Megathanks:

76-A1-E644-4-BAB-4568-BEB0-6-B15-C01776-

• Like 3