[drama 2006] Stranger Than Heaven 천국보다 낯선

Felicia Soh

Guest dramaok

hi again! can someone tell me, how old was LSJ's character when he was adopted away to Canada? I assume the priest he goes to visit had something to do with it, like was he in an orphanage for a while or something?

i think he was around 5, and he was dropped off infront of the church orphanage headed by the priest when he was around 2. but i'm not 100% sure. just guessing by the convesations. it's probably on the drama website but i'm too lazy to look right now. >< anyways after that the mom never recovered from her guilt.

---

thx for the cap/pic's shirley!

heaven_05.jpg

this is my favorite. ^^

i gotta say UTW (san ho) really transformed himself again in here.

his character is supposed to be a low-educated, pseudo gangster type.

and doesn't he do that perfectly? even in his eyes.... you get the self-deprecating rough edge gaze...

great actor. cannot say enough about him.

and again LSJ (yoon jae).. plays the nerdy gentleman to the T.

what i would like to know more is what ever happened to his adoptive parents.

and how in the world did he learn to speak korean so well.

i mean that's not realisitc. unless there's a reason...

and about him being the real lost son or not.

i think there's gotta be some major twists to the whole story.

my suspicion is that he is, but of a different father. since the age gap.

yoonjae is 35 and sanho is 27 or something like that.

and also, is there supposed to be a sister too?

i thought i heard reference to a younger sister but i didnt' see her yet...

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mic, like you I was wondering how his Korean is so good, that's why I asked how old he was when he was adopted. Of course, wouldn't be the first time an element of a dram was completely unrealistic, but you never know. Maybe his adoptive parents are Korean and then they moved to Canada? Have they said anything about that yet?

I think the same thing about him being the real son or not. He probably is, but from a different father. Yep, there will be some major plot twists, to be sure!

oh gosh i see the same people in every drama thread... ^_^ *cough* I mean dramaok :lol:

just saw an episode of this today, gotta say that I'm a teeny bit dissapointed because the first episode was a bit too sappy for my liking.

I mean its alright to have sad openings, but to have such pitiful cries from UTW and LSJ so early in the show really bugs me..

I also find this drama a little corny somehow.. meeting in the water. pffttt.. that's new.. kinda over the top i must say.. a little over dramatic for me.

I like all the actors but the script is rather corny for the first episode.. I hope episode 2 gets better.

oh gosh i see the same people in every drama thread... ^_^ *cough* I mean dramaok :lol:

just saw an episode of this today, gotta say that I'm a teeny bit dissapointed because the first episode was a bit too sappy for my liking.

I mean its alright to have sad openings, but to have such pitiful cries from UTW and LSJ so early in the show really bugs me..

I also find this drama a little corny somehow.. meeting in the water. pffttt.. that's new.. kinda over the top i must say.. a little over dramatic for me.

I like all the actors but the script is rather corny for the first episode.. I hope episode 2 gets better.

I kind of agree with you on a lot of your points, it being sappy, meeting under water, too sad at the start, etc. But, I'm reserving judgement b/c I love the actors so much!

Any couple who meets under water like that must be destined for each other, right?

Guest Sweety_x1

I love the characters in this drama but

i cant seem to dowload EPISODE 1

>__< filesend isnt working for me right now :o

Thanks everyone for sharing all the screen cap scenes, links, news and episode guidance! Here's one of the related articles on this drama as posted at UTW's cafe.daum for your reading pleasure while keeping you gals in anticipation for the next episode....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A well-made drama to have viewers get impressed

Uhm TaeWoong opened his heart to his fans ahead of the first broadcasting of "Stranger than Paradise', a SBS Mon~Tue drama to be broadcasted on 31'st of July.

He expressed " I anticipate it is doomed to defeat in the rating competition with MBC 'Jumong' on the air at the same hour but I wish it would be a well-made drama that touches viewers' heart considerably and gives them a fun as well. I will keep on doing my best only in playing my role for it."

His maniac fans are already expecting much of 'Stranger than Paradise' remembering the fight between 'Life Again-Revenge' and 'Kim SamSoon' taken place in last year.

At that time 'Life Again-Revenge' far behind the rival in their rating competition was unshaken to the last and was finally given good reception with its substantiality, the experimentalism and the originality, fostering its maniac groups like so called 'Buhwal Panic'. Needless to say, It was mainly indebted to his impassionate performance and soft but intense charismatic fascination.

He is ready to show the pure charm of his own fully and act a man of 'soft the inside and strong the outside' character fairly in 'Stranger than Paradise'. In this drama he acts Kang SanHo who is a simple-minded ignorant but genuine and tender-hearted bum.

Credit to Bill from UHMSKY

Guest Pucca.sg

Hi Felicia

Glad to see your posting :) Long time didn't see you....

Seems like this track going very slow~ Very little pictures of this drama can be found here and still awaiting for the dubbing with chinese or english subtitles provided....

ya, pucca, I'm sure it will pick up once there are subs available!

thanks to everyone for providing links to download, in the mean time!

Thanks Pucca, Mar, Shirley and all other fans of this drama for actively involved in this thread. My apology to all that I am a bit hopeless in terms of downloading stuff....totally a computer-ignoramus! :(

Appreciate everyone for making this thread as lively as possible and hoping that the subbing team will consider STP in their list of dramas for translation. :) Calling all the expertise to share and help out...joongmal gamsahamnida!

I love the characters in this drama but

i cant seem to dowload EPISODE 1

>__< filesend isnt working for me right now :o

Sweety_x1, I hope the original poster of the link will help you.....SOS, please! Yeah...the role characters sound interesting and all the cast are superb actors! :D

OMG, UTW is sooo funny, just look at his face! Thanks for the caps, pucca!

I still don't like either of the guys' hair cuts, though! Somebody give me some scissors!

Guest dramaok

OMG, UTW is sooo funny, just look at his face! Thanks for the caps, pucca!

I still don't like either of the guys' hair cuts, though! Somebody give me some scissors!

*hands MJ uper shiny pink scissors!*

would you like a spatula too. :ph34r:

i don't like their hair either but it suits their character i think.

*hands MJ uper shiny pink scissors!*

would you like a spatula too. :ph34r:

i don't like their hair either but it suits their character i think.

hmmm … maybe just a little trim, then! I'm sure I could find a use for a spatula, especially if it's pink to match the scissors!

PS 6shin3hwa7, do you have to combine those three files after you download them or something?

Archived