[drama 2006] Stranger Than Heaven 천국보다 낯선

Felicia Soh

Guest Pucca.sg

Thanks Mily for coming forward to request for translator for this drama. Hope other members will contribute successfully for the release of subs. :D

I am still a bit confused on the airing date whether it will air on August 7 or July 31 as posted at UTW's daum cafe.

Felicia, Bill from uhmsky cafe already checked and confirmed it will be airing on 31st of July onwards~ :)

Every monday and tuesday.. so everybody, please support!!~ >.<

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Shirley and Pucca for the confirmation of the airing date of STP which is scheduled on 31st July 2006. Well, hoping this drama will attract viewers and with such a strong cast I bet many will be interested to watch! Aja! Aja! FIGHTING!! :D

Guest mily2

Oops.. my bad.. I didn't know that 101 Proposal ended at 15 episodes.. I thought it was 16 episodes.. sorry for the confusion.. hehe.. *hugs*.. and I really hope some korean translators will help us.. :)

*wave to sandy*.. are u gonna watch this with us?

Guest Pucca.sg

Looking forward to this drama on next coming monday, 31st July 2006 :)

Here are some photos of Tae Woong oppa and Min Jung^^

Credit to Uhm Tae Woong's planet :)

stt.2.jpg

stt.1.jpg

uhm.smoke.2.jpg

Guest Pucca.sg

20060729103014.387.0.jpg

Premiere of 'Stranger than Paradise'

‘Stranger than Paradise' was previewed on movie screen ahead of TV. The premi'ere of the first episode of 'StP' was held by a joint management of 'Magazine T' and CGV in YongSan CGV at 8 PM,July 26. In this drama Uhm TaeWoong and Lee SungJae and Kim MinJung takes its lead roles. It consists of episodes that YoonJae( LEE),who was adopted to a Canadian family in his childhood,meets with SanHo(UHM)calling himself a younger brother of YoonJae's and falls in love with HeeRan,a top star (KIM).

"A family does not mean a blood ties only but a relationship tied of by affection and heart."

Before the preview started, the scriptwriter Jo JungHwa gave her greetings to about one hundreds of viewers attended at this event. She explained "In this drama, I would like to deliver a message that a family does not mean a blood ties only but a relationship tied of by affection and heart. I set a human love as a main menu and flavored it with a kind of fantasy of a love between an ordinary person and a top star." And she also expressed her expectation closing her address like "As all of performers in this drama have excellent acting skills, I believe they can potray the characters vividly."

Triple harmony between its players and writer and director weaving a tragic story smartly.

The first episode on the screen for around 70minutes showed a crossed encounter each other among YoonJae a lawyer, SanHo,a manager with a personal history of a bum and HeeRan a top singer but a woman who is not satisfied with her life, and their background of growth.

Such seemingly gloomy stories as Yoon Jae's misfortune to lose his job, property and a love while he tries to seek for his family, SanHo's sorrow taking care of his mother having dimentia who mistakes her son for her husband,and the secret of HeeRan suffered from the memory of her dead elder sister were presented smoothly with the performers' great humorous speech and natural performance.

In particular, a few scenes where Uhm TaeWoong, who is not free from a feature of a bum yet, takes You HeeRan, a troublesome singer on his shoulder to the stage and sings a song 'my elder brother is a mischivous boy' on the phone to calm down his mother grumbling make viewers laugh continually.

The drama having had a preview in cinema ahead of TV screen is going to start telling its 'a strange love story' from coming July 31.

Credit to Bill from uhmsky :)

Kim MinJung is probably my favorite of all the younger actresses out there. When I saw she was being cast in this role at first I was skeptical b/c of the age difference between her and the two leading men. However, after watching her in "Forbidden Quest" I think she's more than capable of acting as a more mature character!

Really, now that "Alone in Love" has finished, this is the drama I'm most looking forward to this year!

:wub:

hmmmmm...

the sea scene was abit tooo dramatic wasnt it ...er the twist of events of the girlfriend being a cheater was like er ..and i thought she so lovely lovely .

the esp open with lee sung jae in canada .with his girlfriend .and he receievd a phone call i think it was to tell him they might have found his real mother ...and he was very thrilled .. .. He was suppose to wait for DNA results then go over to korea but then he cant wait and let a friend handle his trial for him while he fly to korea ..i wondered what he caryy with him in his luaage there was some commotion over it when the airport staff check through his luaage ......and UTW ..hm ..i dun think he is a mafia haha but he does do stuff abit of the gangster way ...i think he not really KMJ;s manager yet is he ..just taking over some of duties ? anyway ...he carried her to the studio .literally like carry over his shoulders ...... oh then i think he received a phone call about his brother ......and then later another call this from his mother ahhhhh he got to sing to her to pacify her haha and KMJ was wondering if he singing to lover or something..~~..

LSJ was on his way to the place to meet his mother .and UTW to the same place to meet his brother ..AND!! .....well as kdrama goes .....they miss each other by a walll ...er ...the mother LSJ was suppose to meet was not the real one ...and while for UTW i dun know what happen .he sure wasnt not happy in the other room..maybe the person did not turn up ? anyway they were meeting teh wrong set of ppl ....and the two come out of the door at the same time ..never knowing that the one they looking for are just right beside each other ..

anyway ....er .the mother such a sad thing to have this illness and UTW must be really stressed to have to handle such a mother .emotionally tirng yet he ....do love and care for his mother though he a bit rough..i like kim hae soo here ..very much ...the scenes of the mother and son having dinner ..ahh....she just like a child while he is the parent ..

since he cant find his mother .LSJ got to return to canada ..he even buy a ring i think he was going to propose to his gf ..who knows when he return everything changes .he lost his job .even his gf ...and er ...this was a bit drastic ..he was at sea and ..welll i think he was thinking of jumping into the sea. or whatever ..while KMJ also happen to be there for a MV .and ..she accidentially fall in the sea ( actually it was she suddenly feel giddy ..) er i not sure what she said as monolouge when she wsa in the water ..well and it happen she see ..lSJ ..er i think she thought she saw her father ? .....

okay that for today .. i need to see more esp to really see how this drama going to turn out

Guest Pucca.sg

hmmmmm...

the sea scene was abit tooo dramatic wasnt it ...er the twist of events of the girlfriend being a cheater was like er ..and i thought she so lovely lovely .

the esp open with lee sung jae in canada .with his girlfriend .and he receievd a phone call i think it was to tell him they might have found his real mother ...and he was very thrilled .. .. He was suppose to wait for DNA results then go over to korea but then he cant wait and let a friend handle his trial for him while he fly to korea ..i wondered what he caryy with him in his luaage there was some commotion over it when the airport staff check through his luaage ......and UTW ..hm ..i dun think he is a mafia haha but he does do stuff abit of the gangster way ...i think he not really KMJ;s manager yet is he ..just taking over some of duties ? anyway ...he carried her to the studio .literally like carry over his shoulders ...... oh then i think he received a phone call about his brother ......and then later another call this from his mother ahhhhh he got to sing to her to pacify her haha and KMJ was wondering if he singing to lover or something..~~..

LSJ was on his way to the place to meet his mother .and UTW to the same place to meet his brother ..AND!! .....well as kdrama goes .....they miss each other by a walll ...er ...the mother LSJ was suppose to meet was not the real one ...and while for UTW i dun know what happen .he sure wasnt not happy in the other room..maybe the person did not turn up ? anyway they were meeting teh wrong set of ppl ....and the two come out of the door at the same time ..never knowing that the one they looking for are just right beside each other ..

anyway ....er .the mother such a sad thing to have this illness and UTW must be really stressed to have to handle such a mother .emotionally tirng yet he ....do love and care for his mother though he a bit rough..i like kim hae soo here ..very much ...the scenes of the mother and son having dinner ..ahh....she just like a child while he is the parent ..

since he cant find his mother .LSJ got to return to canada ..he even buy a ring i think he was going to propose to his gf ..who knows when he return everything changes .he lost his job .even his gf ...and er ...this was a bit drastic ..he was at sea and ..welll i think he was thinking of jumping into the sea. or whatever ..while KMJ also happen to be there for a MV .and ..she accidentially fall in the sea ( actually it was she suddenly feel giddy ..) er i not sure what she said as monolouge when she wsa in the water ..well and it happen she see ..lSJ ..er i think she thought she saw her father ? .....

okay that for today .. i need to see more esp to really see how this drama going to turn out

Thanks Shirley for the spolier :)

I'm still waiting for someone who can download with the subtitles and share~~ :rolleyes:

Thanks Shirley for the spolier :)

I'm still waiting for someone who can download with the subtitles and share~~ :rolleyes:

Me, too! Me, too! I always fall behind watching dramas as the come out b/c I'm dependent on subtitles and bittorrent (I'm one of those who can't use club box b/c I'm on a Mac)! I'll get to it eventually, though, can't wait! Wonder how the ratings were? This is going to be a tough one!

[Rating for episode 1:

Seoul: 6.2 %

Nationwide: 5.1%

Ouch.

Pretty bad for first eppie :\

But Jumong's rating went down also... so I guess all ratings went down today lolz.

Well this drama is also replacing 101 Proposal which I think the ratings arent's that good in the first place and viewers are probably watching other dramas . Is the "Come Back Soon Ae " airing on the same time with this ?

Anyway I have confidence in UTW and KMJ after all they're good actor and actress . Hopefully the plot will pull the viewers to watch this

Since S2 is subbing this I will give my support to this drama as well

Well this drama is also replacing 101 Proposal which I think the ratings arent's that good in the first place and viewers are probably watching other dramas . Is the "Come Back Soon Ae " airing on the same time with this ?

{edited:}

Nope... no "Come back soon-ae" today :P

This drama's biggest competitor will be the mighty Jumong :D

It's pretty low for first eppie, but I think lots of UTW and LSJ fans will pick up the pace soon.

Hopefully :ph34r::phew:

Guest dramaok

ya it's up to the LSJ and UTW fans.

i don't think kim min jeong has a big fan base.

i personally can't really stand her for some reason. ><

some horrible bias inside me i suppose. :sweatingbullets:

i think they're trying too hard with the big production and all.

they should just focus on LSJ and UTW's acting skills and make it more of a humantistic drama.

but i'll still check this out since i've been impressed by the two leading actor's work before. plus kim hye sook is in here. ^^

Guest lynnshim

dude i love uhm tae woong, especilly when i fell in love with his character & him during the drama "resurrection" [sp?]

Guest sylver

Stranger Than Heaven 천국보다 낯선

01회 (060731) - 136.8 MB

http://clubbox.co.kr/sylver

I need HELP!!! To increase the storage capacity to more than 1000GB, I need to have more than 100 points and an average of 100GB files DLed. Now, I only have 50 points. Please DL as much as you can so that I could get to that point. Thank you.

Guest run_lola_run

Rating for episode 1:

Seoul: 6.2 %

Nationwide: 5.1%

Wow, that sucks. Why did they have to put this up against Jumong?

Anyways I'm not gonna let low ratings discourage me from watching this because some of my favorite k-dramas have had really low ratings too. I'm so glad this is going to be subbbed. I think I'll wait until the subs are released. Can't wait to see Uhm Tae Woong in this show...hehe.

Guest Ailin*

Wow, what a great cast! I can't wait to see this. :D Sorry to see the low ratings though. Hopefully it will improve, although it faces a giant like Jumong. :rolleyes:

This is so funny...everyone calls this drama differently! :P

sylver - "Stranger Than Heaven"

skara - "Heaven Than Stranger"

creidesca - "Stranger In Paradise"

This thread's title - "Stranger Than Paradise"

:lol:

Archived