[drama 2006] Stranger Than Heaven 천국보다 낯선

Felicia Soh

Guest Pucca.sg

Wow, what a great cast! I can't wait to see this. :D Sorry to see the low ratings though. Hopefully it will improve, although it faces a giant like Jumong. :rolleyes:

This is so funny...everyone calls this drama differently! :P

sylver - "Stranger Than Heaven"

skara - "Heaven Than Stranger"

creidesca - "Stranger In Paradise"

This thread's title - "Stranger Than Paradise"

:lol:

Ya...I also think it's funny :P

But what I was told that the right name for this drama should be "Stranger Than Paradise" :)

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dOnna*

^lol :D~ but the OFFICIAL translated name given to this drama is indeed 'Stranger than Heaven'. the ending theme song confirms this :P.

anyways, i'll still refer to it as stranger than paradise as i put up this filesend link for episode one :)~

STRANGER THAN PARADISE EPISODE ONE =)

CREDITS TO: :w00t: CREIDESCA'S CLUBBOX :w00t:

enjoy :rolleyes:~

-dOnna*

Guest dramaok

LOL Eom tae-woong. haha he's so funny in here. the garbage mask and the room spray for cologn lol.

and the cussing priest. heh ^

i actually loved the first ep. the two guys really shine.

poor yoon-jae (lee seong jae)... everyone's betrayed him. ><

Guest Pucca.sg

Can someone kindly post the snap pictures from the esp.1 and 2 to share?

Thanks to provide the download links..... :)

thanks so much for the non-clubbox links, dOnna*! :wub:

wow, if dramaok likes it, there's a pretty good chance I will, too! Not that I thought I wouldn't, mind you! Can't wait to watch!

Guest love_jesus

thanks for the first episode in non-clubbox link. im so excited to watch this! esp because uhm tae woong is acting here :] even though the ratings are low i think ill watch this all the way. off to dl the first ep. thanks again<3

OMG, UTW has a crying scene already in the first episode? I forsee a LOT of tears in my future (at least while I watch this drama!) Can't wait for the subs as I'm more or less guessing at what's going on! It's kinda fun, though, in a weird way! The guessing part, I mean, not the crying part ….

LOL Eom tae-woong. haha he's so funny in here. the garbage mask and the room spray for cologn lol.

and the cussing priest. heh ^

i actually loved the first ep. the two guys really shine.

poor yoon-jae (lee seong jae)... everyone's betrayed him. ><

yup poor yoon jae ..gosh he such a kind man and why does such things happen to him .he such a good person ..~~! esp 2 .i feel so sad for him .!! ..witnessing that woman who just dump him with another man ......

the two men do shines in here ..i really hope the script do justice to these two actors.!!

and i thought Omma Kim glows like a very pretty woman in here too ..~she was addresssing her son as her husband ? .....

OMG, UTW has a crying scene already in the first episode? I forsee a LOT of tears in my future (at least while I watch this drama!) Can't wait for the subs as I'm more or less guessing at what's going on! It's kinda fun, though, in a weird way! The guessing part, I mean, not the crying part ….

haha ya guessing part ....

esp 2~~ i not sure

IF UTW already know LSJ is his brother .seem like he just making use of the fact he know LSJ is also searching for his real mother .....? ..ending of the esp ..the two men meet in canada ...UTW was bringing his family ablum to meet LSJ ! .

the beginning start with the sea esp whereby both LSJ and KMJ ended up in hospital . KMJ sneak out .and hide in LSJ car and ended up asking him to bring her to this place in the postcard ( ah the post card did come with a ring ...shoud be a story behind the ring ) ...haha it was funnie the two of them together .but LSJ is really such a nice gentleman ....even when he is so upset with KMJ having taken a look into his books and found the photo of him and his ex gf ...he wanted her to apolosize ...and all the while this KMj just keep on talking and guessing what happen ...and in the mist of this .ask him to open her can of food for him and he .opened it while still grumbling and insisting her to apolosize .they spend a nite up in the mountain ..haha her on top of the car and he in it ....the car break down .they had no choice ....finally they were able to run into someone to help ..! and later at a hotel ..KMJ actually saw the ex gf with a man and she told LSJ about it ......he got so drunk by the time he run into the woman and make such a scene .ahhhh pooor man .!! ..he just wanted to know why she did this to him .......KMJ had to get him out of there ..later ...KMJ and LSJ went to this lake .seem to have story behind this ...about the ring perhaps because KMJ drop a ring into the lake after she make LSJ steal the caneo .haha ( i like that scene the lake scene ....) .......later again at the hotel ..KMJ steal a surprise kiss on LSJ in the hotel room ...i suppose they spend the night together ..next morning she was gone leaving a note and her shoes ..

all this while in korea UTW was busy worrying over his mother ..keke they are quite a cute mother and son ..the mother suddenly found a job at this stall and he was so upset but the mother dun seem to reallly know .haha and i think she treat him as her husband ? .......ah somehow i think he was reminded of LSJ whom he met at the centre ...er not sure why he pick him but he went back to the centre and got LSJ information ..guess planning to become his family ..even prepared his family photo ablum to reunited with his brother ...and he went all the way to canada .....and LSJ open the door and UTW hug him and call him brother

Guest Pucca.sg

^lol :D~ but the OFFICIAL translated name given to this drama is indeed 'Stranger than Heaven'. the ending theme song confirms this :P.

anyways, i'll still refer to it as stranger than paradise as i put up this filesend link for episode one :)~

STRANGER THAN PARADISE EPISODE ONE =)

CREDITS TO: :w00t: CREIDESCA'S CLUBBOX :w00t:

enjoy :rolleyes:~

-dOnna*

Thanks dOona* for sharing :)

May I know the download version with subtitles provide?

Guest dramaok

esp 2~~ i not sure

IF UTW already know LSJ is his brother .seem like he just making use of the fact he know LSJ is also searching for his real mother .....? ..ending of the esp ..the two men meet in canada ...UTW was bringing his family ablum to meet LSJ ! .

the mom has alzhetmer's and confuses her son as her husband but every now and then she remembers that utw is his son, but she forgets how old he is and she thinks her older child is still there, but age 2. and utw was told lsj can't be his brother since lsj (yoonjae) is type o blood, but both utw and the rest of his family are type a or ab, but utw still wants to chance it, partly i think he's desparate to get out of his situation somehow. and heeran (kim min jeong) had a twin sister who died and that's why she went to the lake to drop the ring there cuz it belonged to her sister who believed in an legend that was told by the ppl near the lake for centuries.

ahhh, i see my drama buddies in here! Actually despite its ratings and the sort of cliche storyline, the drama is quite good and the acting delivers by fabulous actors. its definitely on my to watch list.

yes the ratings are sad, and i feel guilty cuz i'm watching the competitor drama 'jumong' quite religiously, but i'm glad i discovered this drama too. thx for setting up this thread to the person who set it up. 'stranger than paradise' gives me the impression that it will have a lot of passion and tell the story from the beautiful side of love..... and it's ironic that yoonjae (lsj) who is a believer of god has to lose all first before he can have it all.

thanks so much for the non-clubbox links, dOnna*! :wub:

wow, if dramaok likes it, there's a pretty good chance I will, too! Not that I thought I wouldn't, mind you! Can't wait to watch!

haha mj. *muah* don't make me flirt w/ you in public. :ph34r: jk.

glad you're watching this. i don't think i've ever watched a drama w/ you at the same time.

------

200608010046.jpg

lee seong jae.

he's not handsome to me but he's got such a manly auora to him.

like you wanna pay attention to him...

the mom has alzhetmer's and confuses her son as her husband but every now and then she remembers that utw is his son, but she forgets how old he is and she thinks her older child is still there, but age 2. and utw was told lsj can't be his brother since lsj (yoonjae) is type o blood, but both utw and the rest of his family are type a or ab, but utw still wants to chance it, partly i think he's desparate to get out of his situation somehow. and heeran (kim min jeong) had a twin sister who died and that's why she went to the lake to drop the ring there cuz it belonged to her sister who believed in an legend that was told by the ppl near the lake for centuries.

yes the ratings are sad, and i feel guilty cuz i'm watching the competitor drama 'jumong' quite religiously, but i'm glad i discovered this drama too. thx for setting up this thread to the person who set it up. 'stranger than paradise' gives me the impression that it will have a lot of passion and tell the story from the beautiful side of love..... and it's ironic that yoonjae (lsj) who is a believer of god has to lose all first before he can have it all.

glad you're watching this. i don't think i've ever watched a drama w/ you at the same time.

------

200608010046.jpg

lee seong jae.

LOL, i actually watch Jumong religiously too. I dont post as much but i should say thanks to your summaries. I was never really familiar with the legend itself but i heard so many different accounts of it too. And with your summaries, it clarifies alot of things. I really like the familial relationships that the drama has set up so far. It actually makes it more poignant and real. You never know, this drama might become one of those mania dramas. Although, not many dramas are fairing very well in the ratings game with or without the airing of Jumong in its respective time slots. I guess the korean audience has gotten alot sharper and more descriminate in what they watch now. i guess trendy dramas are a dying breed now despite some of the names of the stars starring in them.

the mom has alzhetmer's and confuses her son as her husband but every now and then she

------

lee seong jae.

pfft … flirting in public, Mic? that never stopped you before! :P

I can't usually watch a drama at the same time as you b/c I'm dependent on the subtitles, so I always fall behind! :( However, I'm going to try and keep up with this one by watching it here and there w/o the subs and following the "discussion" in this thread! However, it's weird, after watching the first episode I feel like I already know what's going to happen! I hope I'm wrong and that the script-writers will pull some surprises out of the hat.

NEway, I've always thought LSJ was hot! "Attack the Gas Station" and "Kick the Moon" are two of my favorite movies. He was also fantastic in "A Day" and many other film. So, while I'm a huge UTW fan, this drama has a double-draw for me!

PS how many episodes is this? (guess I should check the first page!)

tsk tsk ..flirting in the thread .. :phew:

ahhh, i see my drama buddies in here! Actually despite its ratings and the sort of cliche storyline, the drama is quite good and the acting delivers by fabulous actors. its definitely on my to watch list.

ya at least i dun really worry about if the cast can act ..so comfortable to see such a cast in here ^^ ...

thanks dramaok !..ah now i know .what happen at the lake .i keep hearing her speak of her unni..~ ..and about the brothers ya UTW seem abit desperate to get out .having a mother's alzhetmer is getting to him especially when she mistake him er ..for husband --;;....i love to see the scenes when the two men meet their mother together .`~! ....

------

lee seong jae.

ya agreeed!! he such a kind soul in here ...!~ sigh i just wonder how he wil be when he see how his "mother" is now .. so if the blood group thing come in ..then ..so it mean he might not be actually her son .potential twist i suppose ...

here some captures

heaven_13.jpg

heaven_07.jpg

heaven_03.jpg

heaven_01.jpg

heaven_05.jpg

heaven_09.jpg

heaven_10.jpg

heaven_16.jpg

It actually makes it more poignant and real. You never know, this drama might become one of those mania dramas. Although, not many dramas are fairing very well in the ratings game with or without the airing of Jumong in its respective time slots. I guess the korean audience has gotten alot sharper and more descriminate in what they watch now. i guess trendy dramas are a dying breed now despite some of the names of the stars starring in them.

actually is good to have sharper taste just sometimes .the tastes are so hard to capture ..even some .good dramas also got dsiqualfiy very fast ...i sure hope this drama go on to become one of those mania drama ..for the sake of such a cast ..

i heard so much of ju mong ..was about to start on it ..! ..was also reading dramaok summaries too..getting a basis introduction into that era of three kingdom

hi again! can someone tell me, how old was LSJ's character when he was adopted away to Canada? I assume the priest he goes to visit had something to do with it, like was he in an orphanage for a while or something?

Just finished 'skimming' through ep 1 last night, and this one certainly gives different 'vibe' than all the new dramas (vineyard man, rude women, soon-ae) hehehe...

ep 1 already gave out so much and I actually enjoyed skimming it haha..

At first it feels like a movie coz of Lee Sung Jae, hehe, but then I'm just happy that I get to see him more each week :lol:

http://kr.img.dc.yahoo.com/b9/data/sbs_drama/heaven_10.jpg

^ is this the mafia boss that played in Great Inheritance??

Mr. So DongPa? :huh:

Archived