[drama 2006] Stranger Than Heaven 천국보다 낯선

Felicia Soh

Guest love_jesus

uhm taewoong is an awesome actor!! :] im so glad to see him again in a drama series. this seems real good, so looking forward to it! ive never seen the second lead guy. heard of him in the movie daisy but havent watched that yet. i should watch. hm well this drama seems like itll be a good one. i love uhm taewoong's acting skills! tough and rebellious character huh? so very different from the character in wolf and a bit of buhwal. hm i'm curious. i'm sure he'll do shweet. ^^ preettty excited now hehe

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Pucca.sg

Another upcoming article translated by Bill from uhmsky :)

20060714145705.620.0.jpg

He prefers acting with elder actresses to doing with those of the same age

Do Uhm TaeWoong and senior actress Kim HaeSook call each other by darling?

In SBS Mon~Tue drama 'Stranger than Paradise' the first broadcasting of which is made on July 31, it is conspicious that the title Uhm and Kim call each other is special. It is because Kim HaeSook, Uhm's mum and having dementia in the drama, mistakes her son for her lost husband.

At every opportunity BokJa(Kim HaeSook) makes a phone call to SanHo(Uhm TaeWoong)asking him to sing a song or complainning. SanHo outwardly considers his mother having Alzheimer's disease as an annoying person but plays the role of a tender-hearted son singing the song 'my elder brother is a mischivious boy' on the phone whenever she grumbles for it crying.

Having ever played mother characters in many movies and dramas, she expressed her difficulties in this drama a little unusual saying " I have made NG because from time to time I giggle when I act her looking at Uhm TaeWoong, my son in the drama. I still feel awkward in calling him by darling as if he is my beloved husband."

On the other hand,Uhm TaeWoong relatively takes it easy, for he already has an experience of acting the lover of Go DuSim 23 years older in the movie 'Family Ties'. He said "as I can play with affectionate elder actresses like Go DUSim and Kim HaeSook ,I am at ease in acting with big seniors better than doing with actresses of the same age." Now he creates pleasant atmosphere of the field.

The drama 'Stranger than Paradise' tells a story that Gang SanHo (Uhm TaeWoong) and Noh YoonJae (Lee SungJae) become love rivalry for top singer You HeeRan and conflict between brotherhood and love.

Kim Min Jung will be the female lead? Is she the girl from Ireland (the second female lead)? If so, that's great news! I love that girl! She can act, but she is too underrated. She's so lucky to be with two hot actors. :D

I don't know who starred in Ireland, but Kim MinJung was in Fashion 70s and the movies Flying Boys and Forbidden Quest.

erm first i saw the pic mj07 posted and I nearly fainted.. Lee Seung Jae is also one of my most favorite actors.... he's HOT!! Sizzles!!

then I saw the pic shirley posted... what a contrast of HOT. why are drama fashion co-ordinators always so awful??? that korean wave hair.. PLEASE, Winter Sonata is over.. when are the men going to stop having long hair????

UTW looks totally hot tho.. NO COMPLAINS.. :x

ya lee sung jae i like him alot too .watch so many of his movies ..but now er i was abit worried for him seeing his picture .he lost too much weight for Holiday and yup that hairstyle is abit er..i rather he get the one he had in Daisy ...~ i remembered SSH during an onsite interview of Ice rain say LSJ 's wife is very pretty ..kek i never seeem his family picture before but i think he has a daughter .~ ..^^ i like his image in Kick the moon so cool .~ ..and that father in A day ...and ii never forget his role in Public enemy ..it was soo shocking to see him in such a twisted role even his father was abit shocked to see it .

now the new pictures .i think LSJ look better now ^^ ..so happy to see him soon in a drama .

Kim Min Jung will be the female lead? Is she the girl from Ireland (the second female lead)? If so, that's great news! I love that girl! She can act, but she is too underrated. She's so lucky to be with two hot actors. :D

yes .she is the girl in Ireland ~ .she really getting soo matured in her acting .the first drama i seem of her was in rival .though her acting still abit raw then .but i was quite entertained by her evil girl role ~~

ahh Kim HaeSook is the mother of the brothers ..great ! she such a good actresss

=

production press release conference

200607181456152100_1.jpg

200607181502322100_1.jpg

200607181510372100_1.jpg

200607181513012100_1.jpg

200607181516092100_1.jpg

200607181519142100_1.jpg

wallpaper from sbs . now these pictures are cool

lee sung jae

http://img.sbs.co.kr/vobos/upload/tv/etc/i...ven_01_1280.jpg

kim min jung

http://img.sbs.co.kr/vobos/upload/tv/etc/i...ven_02_1280.jpg

UTW

http://img.sbs.co.kr/vobos/upload/tv/etc/i...ven_03_1280.jpg

ooooh! the three of them look really good together, thanks for the pics Shirley! I'm getting very excited now!

LSJ is one of those actors who is like a chameleon, he changes so much with each role. One of the first Korean movies I ever saw was "Attack the Gas Station" and I loved him in that. However, I didn't even recognize him from having seen "Ghost in Love" (not a very good movie, but he's still hot!) Hilarious in "Kick the Moon" and then like you mentioned, his chilling performance in "Public Enemy"! I've yet to see him in "Daisy" or "Holiday", but hopefully one of these days I'll catch up with his recent movies!

Guest Pucca.sg

More photos of Uhm Tae Woong, Lee Seung Jae and Kim Min Jung in the Press Conference for the new drama "Stranger Than Paradise" :):sweatingbullets:

st.1.jpg

st.2.jpg

st.3.jpg

st.5.jpg

st.6.jpg

st.7.jpg

st.8.jpg

st.10.jpg

To be continue:-

Cheers *^^*

hi01.gif

smile1.jpgsmile2.jpgsmile3.jpg

My Planet

To be continue :-

Part 2 photos

Uhm Tae Woong, Lee Seung Jae & Kim Min Jung at the Press Conference for the upcoming drama "Stranger Than Paradise" :):sweatingbullets:

st.12.jpg

st.14.jpg

st.13.jpg

st.15.jpg

st.16.jpg

st.18.jpg

st.20.jpg

st.17.jpg

st.23.jpg

st.31.jpg

st.29.jpg

st.30.jpg

Cheers *^^*

hi01.gif

My Planet

To be continue :-

Part 3 photos

Uhm Tae Woong & Kim Min Jung at the Press Conference for the upcoming drama "Stranger Than Paradise" :):sweatingbullets:

st.34.jpg

st.35.jpg

st.37.jpg

st.42.jpg

st.39.jpg

st.44.jpg

st.45.jpg

st.52.jpg

st.53.jpg

st.51.jpg

st.49.jpg

Cheers *^^*

hi01.gif

My Planet

ooooh! the three of them look really good together, thanks for the pics Shirley! I'm getting very excited now!

LSJ is one of those actors who is like a chameleon, he changes so much with each role. One of the first Korean movies I ever saw was "Attack the Gas Station" and I loved him in that. However, I didn't even recognize him from having seen "Ghost in Love" (not a very good movie, but he's still hot!) Hilarious in "Kick the Moon" and then like you mentioned, his chilling performance in "Public Enemy"! I've yet to see him in "Daisy" or "Holiday", but hopefully one of these days I'll catch up with his recent movies!

ahh ~ Ghost in love you watch haha ..ya i thought it was not really er my cup of tea even if LSJ in it so i skip ..but most of his movies i watched .i really love A Day ..~ and even Art Museum by the Zoo .is a sweet romance story .^^ohhh and Barking Dogs never bite ..that one is a gem .~ ya i remembered the Attack the gas station haha i watch the Kick the moon which was also among my first kmove ~ ...i really enjoyed Kick the moon sooo much~one of my personal favourite actually .~! such a hilarous and entertaining movie .!! ..lee sung jae soo cool in it ../~.ya that chilling role in Public enemy ..i cannot believed what he did .that person was not fit to be human ~! ..send chills to my spine while i watch what he did .!!!! ......

.Oh but Holiday i had not got a chance to watch too though .~ .as for diasy he look so good in it but it was a waste of him in it ..sigh ~ ...

the pictures really look pretty exciting dont it ~ .. :) another one more week or sooo~ ^^

20060716141610.368.0.jpg

character_014.jpg

노윤재(35세/이성재)

“가족, 새로운 희망이 생겼다.”

캐나다에서 변호사로 근무 중이다.

어릴 적 성당앞에 버려진 후 캐나다로 입양 되었다.

꼼꼼하고, 착실하고, 조용하다.

한마디로 말하자면 "바른생활 사나이"

튀지 않아야 편하게 산다는 삶의 진리를 일찍 깨닫고 실천중이다.

밥보다 커피를 좋아한다.

유난히 날씨가 좋은 어느날

의뢰받은 사건은 고소인이 고소를 취하하고

1년 동안 동거를 하던 애인은 예금통장과 저금통까지 탈탈 털어서 달아나버렸다.

세상이 날 버리는 구나..

죽기를 결심하고 바다에 몸을 던졌다.

차가운 바다 속에서 어렴풋 천사를 보았다.

항상 혼자였던 외로운 인생

죽기전에 한국의 어머니를 찾기로 결심 한다.

어쩌면 다시 찾은 가족이 내 암울한 인생에 빛을 밝혀줄지도 모른다는 희망을 갖고서..

character_025.jpg

유희란(25세/김민정)

“힘들어도 울 줄 모르는 미소천사”

데뷔 8년차의 대한민국 최고의 톱스타

건방진 말과 행동도 그녀가 하면 개성이고, 이기적인 욕심도 그녀가 하면 프로의식

활짝 웃는 cf용 표정은 그녀의 트레이드 마크

하지만 반대로, 그녀는 울 줄 모른다.

선망과 질투의 대상인 언니가 데뷔를 앞두고 죽었다.

그 후 언니에 대한 부모님의 집착과 욕망이 희란을 톱스타로 만들었다.

부모님은 희란이 한창 주가를 올릴 때 이혼을 했고,

그 후 희란에게 언니와 가족은 인생 최대의 아킬레스건이 되었다.

왜 자꾸 머리가 아픈걸까?

뮤직비디오 촬영차 간 캐나다에서도 원인모를 현기증으로 바다로 떨어진다.

몽환의 바다속에서 윤재에게 아빠의 모습을 본다.

우연한 인연으로 윤재와 함께 캐나다 여행을 한다.

그날밤.. 희란은 이상한 인연으로 만난 윤재에게 키스를 해버린다.

"일기장에도 쓰면 안돼요” 한마디만을 남긴 채...

한국에 돌아온 후 가끔 그날의 추억과 함께 그 사람을 떠올리고 미소를 짓는다.

"근데 그 아저씨.. 가족은 찾았을까..?"

character_034.jpg

강산호(27세/엄태웅)

"나에겐 성공만이 살길이다"

희란의 로드 매니저

가난이 싫었다. 가난한 가족이 싫었다. 가족을 가난하게 만드는 세상이 싫었다.

세상에 온통 싫은 것 투성이다.

남들에게 성공은 희망이지만, 나에겐 숙명이다.

어촌에서 어부 아버지와 홍합 까는 엄마 밑에서 자랐다.

시골과 바다가 지긋지긋했다.

그런 어느 날 서울의 한 고등학교에서 축구부 스카웃 제의가 들어왔다.

아버지가 원양어선을 탄 돈으로 체육 특기생으로 가게 됐다.

그러나 아버지가 탄 배는 영원히 돌아오지 않았다.

아버지 돈으로 산 축구화를 신고 뛰는 내가 경멸스럽다.

희란을 처음 본 건, 뮤직 비디오 엑스트라 아르바이트를 할 때 였다.

희란은 말그대로 빛났다.

단지 스타라서가 아니라, 뭔가 알 수 없는 강한 포스가 있었다.

"한번 찾아와" 남사장이 산호에게 명함을 줬다.

남사장의 카리스마 넘치는 모습에 그 세계가 너무나 매력적으로 보였다.

그날 내 인생의 목표를 정했다.

이 바닥에서 남사장을 넘어서는 거물이 되리라.. 야심을 품는다.

그러나 그는 아직 모른다.

오늘의 기회가 내일의 족쇄로 별할 수 있다는 것을..

Thans Shirley & Pucca for all the cool pictures...hehe...

Agree with AG about Lee Seung Jae's long hair...hehe...I like him with the clean cut look in Daisy better.

Kim Min Jung looks really pretty at the press conference. Her very last scene of Fashion 70's left a very deep impression on me...Everything looks great for this drama...awesome actors...hope the script will be a great one.

I found some more pictures from SBS...pretty similar to all the ones above...hehe...

Img0402_20060718135525.jpg

Img0402_20060718135449.jpg

Img0402_20060718174303.jpg

Img0402_20060718174221.jpg

Img0402_20060718174129.jpg

Img0402_20060718174055.jpg

Img0402_20060718174009.jpg

Img0402_20060718173827.jpg

Img0402_20060718173737.jpg

Img0402_20060718174412.jpg

Img0402_20060718174246.jpg

Img0402_20060718173713.jpg

Guest Pucca.sg

Thans Shirley & Pucca for all the cool pictures...hehe...

Agree with AG about Lee Seung Jae's long hair...hehe...I like him with the clean cut look in Daisy better.

Kim Min Jung looks really pretty at the press conference. Her very last scene of Fashion 70's left a very deep impression on me...Everything looks great for this drama...awesome actors...hope the script will be a great one.

I found some more pictures from SBS...pretty similar to all the ones above...hehe...

%7Boption%7DImg0402_20060718135525.jpg

%7Boption%7DImg0402_20060718135449.jpg

%7Boption%7DImg0402_20060718174303.jpg

%7Boption%7DImg0402_20060718174221.jpg

%7Boption%7DImg0402_20060718174129.jpg

%7Boption%7DImg0402_20060718174055.jpg

%7Boption%7DImg0402_20060718174009.jpg

%7Boption%7DImg0402_20060718173827.jpg

%7Boption%7DImg0402_20060718173737.jpg

Thanks shirley and Luv for sharing the photos too :)

Hi Pucca...

Hehe...maybe you should remove the tags for the pictures from the quote...It might take long for the page to load since we're posting so many pictures...hehe...

Some more pictures of Kim Min Jung also from SBS...

He's trying to be sexy ??? haha...

Img0423_20060718154030.jpg

Img0423_20060718154009.jpg

Img0423_20060718153940.jpg

Img0423_20060718153921.jpg

ahh ~ Ghost in love you watch haha ..ya i thought it was not really er my cup of tea even if LSJ in it so i skip ..but most of his movies i watched .i really love A Day ..~ and even Art Museum by the Zoo .is a sweet romance story .^^ohhh and Barking Dogs never bite ..that one is a gem .~ ya i remembered the Attack the gas station haha i watch the Kick the moon which was also among my first kmove ~ ...i really enjoyed Kick the moon sooo much~one of my personal favourite actually .~! such a hilarous and entertaining movie .!! ..lee sung jae soo cool in it ../~.ya that chilling role in Public enemy ..i cannot believed what he did .that person was not fit to be human ~! ..send chills to my spine while i watch what he did .!!!! ......

.Oh but Holiday i had not got a chance to watch too though .~ .as for diasy he look so good in it but it was a waste of him in it ..sigh ~ ...

the pictures really look pretty exciting dont it ~ .. :) another one more week or sooo~ ^^

"Ghost in Love" is just an okay film, it's funny how many famous actors are in it: Kim Hee-Sun, Jae Hee, Cha Seung-Won, etc.! "A Day" was very touching and effective, "Art Museum by the Zoo" one of the cutest movies ever, "Barking Dogs Never Bite" another personal favorite (from the director of the upcoming "Host"!) LSJ really has a remarkable CV! Can't wait to see this drama!

Really only one more week?? eeeeekkkk!!!

Guest Pucca.sg

st.a10.jpg

st.a11.jpg

st.a4.jpgst.a5.jpg

st.a1.jpg

st.a12.jpg

st.a13.jpg

st.a6.jpg

Tae Woong oppa has left his short message today in his official fansite :)

Just will like to post and share with you all here :)

Credit to Bill from Uhmsky ^^

I gradually grow fond of SanHo..

At first we felt awkward each other and studied another's face...Now

we are at ease much....

I wish you would expect much of him in coming days even though he might be a bit clumsy...

and please love him very much..... our SanHo....ㅎㅎ

official site : http://tv.sbs.co.kr/heaven/

=======

source http://english.donga.com/srv/service.php3?...6072019688'

Acting Range

JULY 20, 2006 03:05

2006072019688.jpg

I have never chosen the drama I would act, but the right cast and script in that drama,” said Lee Sung-jae, who this time will star in a drama about honest lawyer Roh Yoon-jae, who was adopted to Canada. Roh Yoon-jae will be involved in an eternal triangle of star singer Yoo Hee-ran (Kim Min-jung), her manager Kang San-ho (Eom Tae-ung) and himself. Kang approaches Roh, claiming he is Roh’s brother.

More Interested in the Play Itself-

“It’s most hard to act a man fallen in love.”

This is the answer coming out of Lee without a second of hesitation when asked which genre is the hardest to act for him. He has starred in melodrama, action and comic movies.

“Acting in an action movie is physically exhausting but other than that, it’s not that hard,” Lee added. Acting in a melodrama movie or emotional scenes in a soap drama requires much more energy than acting comic or action movies.

“There is no right answer to love. Melodrama is the same. There could be millions of different facial expressions and gestures.”

He has mostly acted touching and intellectual characters in melodramas, rather than those explosively expressing emotions or shedding hot tears. It seemed that Lee was tired of characteristic melodramatic acting he showed in “Art Museum by the Zoo” and “Daisy.”

“I want to be an actor who shows the true aspects of whoever I act in whatever movies and dramas. I want to act when I feel I like the character, whether it is a TV drama or film, whether it is melodrama or action, whether it is a leading or supporting role.”

Only Heaven Knows Ratings and Box Office Results-

Lee has performed in 12 movies since he starred in “Art Museum by the Zoo” with Sim Eun-ha in 1998. It is the first time for Lee to show up in a drama since “Lie” in 1998.

He seems to feel burdened by acting in a TV drama after a long time, which will compete against “Jumong” currently airing on MBC with a viewer rating of over 40 percent.

“I think whether it is a hit on TV or at the box office depends on God’s will.”

He showed aloofness with that answer. In fact, his latest movies failed to have good box office records. Since he tried to widen his acting horizon by acting totally different characters in “Shinsukki Blues,” “Dance with the Wind,” and “Holiday,” he may well feel bitter for their lackluster performances.

“At first, I looked back on, thinking ‘what did I wrong?’ But I never let up on acting my role, I don’t have any regret.”

Recently, when he ran into Lee Jae-yong at the fitness center who is acting as Budeukbul in “Jumong,” he said “Please, take it easy,” as a joke.

Lee is 36 years old, which is not young age for an actor. Yet Lee, who has acted a foolhardy primitive man wearing a fake denture in “Shinsukki Blues” and well-muscled man in “Holiday,” still has many different characteristics he wants to play.

Guest joyeux

I'm actually curious because I can't find the date for this drama to strt airing in this thread..... When is this going to start? I hope this drama will do well even though Ju-Mong airs around the same day/time. (I don't even know when that is, but Lee Sung Jae was the one who said it in the interview xD )

Guest mily2

This drama will start on July 31 ( thank you for the correction) :lol: .. It's replacing 101st Proposal.

WITH S2 is planning to sub this drama.. but we do need alot of help.. If you can help translate from korean to english ( for now.. since I don't know if there will be any chinese subs available yet).. please please pm me.. I really hope that this drama will turn out to be a good one since the casts are so solid :)

Fierce showdown with Lee SungJae?

Uhm TaeWoong and Lee SungJae will take a showdown of their performance in 'Stranger than Paradise' to be broadcasted its first episode on July 31.

Uhm will act the manager of top singer You HeeRan named Kang SanHo who is a simple-minded ignorant person but genuine and warm-hearted man. On the other hand Lee SungJae plays a lawyer Noh YoonJae who was adopted by a Canadian foster home in his childhood and in the end forms a brother ties with Uhm TaeWoong.

As these two persons who becomes brothers and at the same time a love rival for You HeeRan to appeal fascination of a Femme Fatale get involved in a crossed love, their match to come in performance power has already awaked public interest. Both of them also have something in common in view that they have been successful actors after putting up with a long period of unknown performers.

Lee SungJae who was one of MBC's 24th openly recruited talents had featured in' the love of two women', 'Yesterday', 'over the horizon' and 'a lie', and has ever acted on movie screens thereafter. In 8years he came back to TV making his appearance in drama 'Stranger than Paradise'.

While Lee SungJae is already a star twinkling up in the sky and a movie actor starred in 'Holiday' and 'Daisy', Uhm TaeWoong is now a rising star.

Although having made his debut in 'Amazing Men,1997',he had not been acknowleged by audience until he featured in 'Silmido' only three years ago. Uhm TaeWoong,who was recognized by an impressive supporting role in 'Simido' has become a star in KBS dramas in succession of 'Gumiho','Sassy ChunHyiang' and 'Life again-Revenge'. Most of all ,he could prove his ability of an one-top leading star in 'Life Again-Revenge'

He was once at a loss when MBC 'Wolf' on the air was suspended by the accident happened to Eric and Han JiMin but he is on the point of soaring up gorgeously again in 'Stranger than Paradise' featured soon after movie 'Family Ties'.

Expressing his opinion on this 'showdown' with Lee SungJae, he said "I am still weak in many respects comparing with him. As he is a big senior for me, the fact only that I can act with him makes me delighted and happy. I have learned a lot from him."

Credit to Bill at Uhmsky

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Praying and hoping this drama will receive good reviews from viewers! :)

This drama will start on August 7.. replacing 101st Proposal.

WITH S2 is planning to sub this drama.. but we do need alot of help.. If you can help translate from korean to english ( for now.. since I don't know if there will be any chinese subs available yet).. please please pm me.. I really hope that this drama will turn out to be a good one since the casts are so solid :)

Thanks Mily for coming forward to request for translator for this drama. Hope other members will contribute successfully for the release of subs. :D

I am still a bit confused on the airing date whether it will air on August 7 or July 31 as posted at UTW's daum cafe.

Thanks Mily for coming forward to request for translator for this drama. Hope other members will contribute successfully for the release of subs. :D

I am still a bit confused on the airing date whether it will air on August 7 or July 31 as posted at UTW's daum cafe.

er from what i always know is 31 July 2006 ..and the below trailer say the same date actually

New Trailer

source http://cafe.daum.net/LovesDay

Archived