[drama 2006] Stranger Than Heaven 천국보다 낯선

Felicia Soh

^^ Thank you Shenny & With S2 for the subtitles.

I watched the first 2 episodes earlier...

I'm not really hooked or anything.

I think the script is just alright so far...hopefully it'll get better.

I don't know what to think about Lee Sung Jae's image...I like his "Daisy" look much better.

So far, his character is not very real, he just went to Korea for a few days and everything went wrong when he came back. They overdid that part and caused me to feel less sympathy toward his character...on top of that he wanted to die??? In my mind, a lawyer is someone who's strong and is not afraid to tackle difficuties...I'm a little disappointed with his character so far. Hope things will change.

I love the cast, hope they can bring with them some magics because the script is not very well written.

This is the cover art for the soundtrack...I think it'll come out very soon.

Img0402_20060825163132.jpg

Some pictures from SBS...

Img0402_20060824174957.jpg

Img0402_20060824175056.jpg

Img0402_20060823165119.jpg

More pictures from SBS...

Img0402_20060821133745.jpg

Img0402_20060816093314.jpg

Img0402_20060816093128.jpg

Img0402_20060816093335.jpg

Img0402_20060821171013.jpg

Img0402_20060821171140.jpg

Img0402_20060821171211.jpg

Img0402_20060821171050.jpg

Img0402_20060816093528.jpg

Img0402_20060816093457.jpg

Img0402_20060821134010.jpg

hehe...look at him :)

Img0402_20060821133945.jpg

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe.. actually the OST is out already (thanks yeohweping for posting this over at WITH S2 forum)

41750963_1.jpg

01 사랑의 첫 단계의한 소품

02 Still Here (Winter Green)

03 그댈 위한 사랑(이정)

04 Moaning Silence

05 Stranger Than Heaven(N.Ex.T(넥스트))

06 가슴 시린 사랑 (김민주)

07 Sometimes(Heaven Ver) (Winter G)

08 정인

09 해질무렵

10 나비의 꿈 (김민주)

11 사랑보다 아름다운 (2 Cell)

12 Nocturne For Rosa Multiflora

13 기억 저편,스쳐버린(Heaven Ver)

mms://media.hottracks.co.kr/session2/7/5/2/233575200101.asf

01-13

mms://media.hottracks.co.kr/session2/7/5/2/233575200113.asf

Like Kristy, I think I find this drama, a-OK, but I'm not too crazy about it (or maybe not yet). But I do like all the casts in here. Their actings are all awesome.... ^^

Oh and the girl who played as Jane, her english is really fluent :)

Thanks for episode 2 subs. I did not realize that Lee Sung Jae was in Daisy. Gives me a new perspecitve. Part of me wants to rush ahead and watch without subtitles, while the other part wants to wait. It is a dilemma.

Is there a link to the S2 forum? I don't get it with the links for the OST. There appears to be only two song links, or am I missing something. Same in the OST thread

Thank you Shenny & Yeohweping for the soundtrack :wub:

There appears to be only two song links, or am I missing something. Same in the OST thread

Actually...all the links are there...you just change the last 2 numbers to get the whole soundtrack.

The ones that were posted are the first and the last song...You just fill in all the ones in between...

for example :

mms://media.hottracks.co.kr/session2/7/5/2/233575200101.asf

mms://media.hottracks.co.kr/session2/7/5/2/233575200102.asf

mms://media.hottracks.co.kr/session2/7/5/2/233575200103.asf

mms://media.hottracks.co.kr/session2/7/5/2/233575200104.asf

Start at 01 and finish with 13

mms://media.hottracks.co.kr/session2/7/5/2/233575200113.asf

Actually...all the links are there...you just change the last 2 numbers to get the whole soundtrack.

Start at 01 and finish with 1313.asf

Thank you! I had no idea... lesson learned.

Updated Reports on ‘Stranger Than Paradise’

As I am only able to access to uhmsky.cafe.daum site, I hope members will forgive me if the following article appeared bias with emphasis directed on Uhm Tae-Woong. It is an interesting article where we get to understand the reasons on the unfavorable ratings, its storyline, behind-scenes, NGs and how the P.D is considering alternatives to boost the ratings and attract viewers....(adding some humour of undressing somebody). :rolleyes: It has been the intention of the P.D Kim to try different approach to depict his story and I hope viewers will be patient with him. Hoping the rating will improve as it will lift up the moods of the cast and the entire production team. Aja! Aja! FIGHTING! ...Let's not give up hope! :D

Reposted from uhmsky and many thanks to Bill for the translation

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Uhm TaeWoong who is busy in shooting on SBS drama 'Stranger than Paradise' gave a thanks note to viewers around at 9:30,Aug.3.

On the viewers' board of the drama homepage. he expressed his gratitude with a phrase saying "I highly appreciate that you are posting your impressions so eagerly here in spite of the period of summer holidays and sultry weather."

And he mentioned the low rating "it is a little disappointing to have such a low rating even though the drama is good and all of the staff and cast work hard in friendly atmosphere, isn't it?"

The ratings of the drama recorded by TNS Media Korea were 6.2% for the first episode broadcasted on July 31 and 5.5% for the 2nd of Aug 1. Unfortunately Its rating was very poor considering the gorgeous casting of Lee SungJae, UhmTaeWoong and Kim MinJung and the admiration to be deserved for a high-class drama.

On this he did not forget to ask viewers to continuously have an interest in this drama closing his speech "on the behalf of 'STP' team, I would like to promise we will keep on fighting doing our best under a given condition in future regardless of its low rating."

In this drama he takes the role of Kang SanHo who is struggling to escape from living in the poverty and is picked up by the representative of an entertainment company for a manager of the top singer You HeeRan. He was given good reception by viewers when he cried out in sorrow on the way back after he had abandoned his mother having Alzheimer's disease in the first episode broadcasted on July 31.

SBS drama 'STP' professing itself to be a well-made drama is at a loss for words with its terrible low rating.

As the rating of 3rd episode broadcasted Aug 7 was dropped again showing no indication to restore, they can't not afford to have an idea how to solve this bad situation. The national rating of its 3rd episode totaled by AGB Nilson Media Research was 4.1% not improved at all comparing with 4.2% of the 2nd and 5.1% of 1st episode. The reason why they had this miserable result falling far short of their expectation is likely to be deprived from the fact they had failed to attract the prospective viewers' group of the drama." KBS drama 'the Guy of the Vineyard', struggling desperately with MBC 'Jumong' (rating 37.3%) like 'STP' has a hard time too but its rating is 8.9%, a rather meaningful figure because it was able to secure a firm viewer's group (the twenties and thirties in age). On the contrary, aiming at the twenties and thirties as its main viewers and trying to appeal to their emotion, the production team of 'STP' is confused at the review that its main viewers was the fifties against their expectation.

This result is due to their failure in taking its target strata of viewers from 'Jumong'. However, favorable viewers of 'STP' have been deeply fascinated day by day. Needless to say, the strongest point of this drama is that all performers featured in the drama show their best acting. The shrewd performances by Lee Sung Jae, Uhm Tae Woong and Kim MinJung are the largest prop of drama 'STP'. And besides, its touching theme, 'family' makes viewers think of many things as time goes by.

The 3rd episode presented scenes that YoonJae returned home with SanHo who called himself his sibling and met HeeRan again. On the other hand SanHo begins to be fascinated by Heeran slowly as if water soaks into cotton bit by bit. The episode gave a hint that SanHo would have a love and hatred relationship with YoonJae out of the mother in her dotage, BokJa (Kim HaeSook) and YoonJae would have some suspicious relations with HeeRan in connection with the orphanage.

The plunge in rating of SBS drama 'STP' is quite unexpected, for the prospect for high rating had been bright before its broadcasting because of the splendid cast as Lee Sung Jae, Uhm TaeWoong, Kim MinJung and P.D Kim JongHyok who directed 'a Spring Day'. Last Aug 10, I visited the studio of 'STP' to see if the rest part of the drama could attract more viewers and succeed in its rating in the end.

My elder brother is a street singer (mischievous boy in real meaning)

The problem is that the drama was short of the power of concentration in the early stage. In addition that the substantiality in story line and frame is not enough, building up the characters of three lead roles also looked insufficient.

YoonJae returning to Korea after he lost everything in an instant, HeeRan becoming a singer instead of her dead elder sister but being exploited by her company's president and her father and SanHo fabricating the document for adoption to let YoonJae charge for all medical expenses for his mother having dementia, these three characters are all persons who have serious mental deficiency and conflict.

While shooting on a scene of the 6th episode that the mother calls YoonJae her son, P.D Kim suddenly began to talk "I would like to portray characters with native deficiency. I was going to describe conflicts among the three people softly in the early stage and to intensify them at some point of time. However, this low rating makes me feel uneasy."

Lately the category of drama's subjects has been widened nearly to the concept of an alternative family like the drama 'Bad Family' and 'STP' is something more than that. YoonJae gets deceived by SanHo who insists that they are siblings each other. Neverthless, YoonJae rather takes comfort from this.

Sanho is anxious to abandon his mother but in the mean time sings a song ' my elder brother is a mischievous boy' on the phone for her and soothes his mother carrying her on his back in the front yard of the hospital. All of the hero and heroine of the drama are looking for their own families while denying folks close at hand.

In this way 'STP' does not allow the leading characters easily to be seated at the table of family approved officially and let them go a long journey for the growth of each and every person. Notwithstanding or because of that, 'STP' has become a lonely street singer with a few audience.

Two alternative ways to select

P.D Kim analyzed what the cause of its defeat was like this. He said "No matter how real they may be, there might have been some scenes or stories viewers did not want to watch." He continued to comment on incomplete scenes and stale comic scenes keeping viewers from being absorbed in the drama. 'A kind of mysophobia' he can't discard even himself lamenting "My colour makes me go down!" seems to add another one to the cause of its defeat. ”When I chose a modern rock music as its theme song, I deleted the words of song. I couldn't keep it as it was because it openly revealed commercial intention"

There were shooting on a scene the three people chat and giggle playing a game in a park of Il-San town late at night. The camera man had to struggle for three hours to bring focus into Uhm TaeWoong with joy lowering his head and the looks in eye of Lee SungJae and Kim MinJung meeting each other's with awe and bashfulness. On the spot I could feel their burning desire to have a scene able to simultaneously discriminate the subtle feelings of these three people falling in love instead of establishing an old melo line such as 'troubles caused by a triangular love'.

"I don't like to make a drama overemphasizing on secrets of the leading characters or on any antagonist relationship of good and evil. I plan to expose the false family relation in 9th or 10th episode earlier than expected. The question is how we can manage it thereafter." said P D Kim.

Now I wonder if they are able to carry out their original planning as promised. "We would like to make a drama to treat fundamental problem of human-beings disregarding the formula of trendy drama that has no other alternative idea except for a home drama and a melo one."

P.D Kim said to Uhm TaeWoong who does not stay away from the studio even a moment "Let's enjoy ourselves". I like the scene most in which you talk glibly and laugh carrying your mother on your back. It was warm-hearted and delivered a symbolic meaning of what our drama was." He turned to Uhm TaeWoong again and said with a grin "I am not sure if we have a strong will enough to put up with the low rating. The rating maintains less than 3.6% and fails to rebound, then we are liable to resort to an extreme measure to raise the rating, something like undressing somebody among us...." As soon as all of others looked at Uhm TaeWoong with grin, he hurried away from there. :w00t:

There was a scene that Uhm TaeWoong playing SanHo enthusiastically in SBS drama 'STP' met with a mishap when he went out to see a movie with Kim BinWoo, playing a girl friend in the drama.

The shooting on the scene was made in a movie cinema in YongSan, Seoul. It is interesting to see that the person being extremely frightened in shooting on the scene was not Uhm TaeWoong but extras playing felons to hit the former on the head. The bit players got so nervous as to make NG scenes continuously at the serious moment to smash him on the head with a fire hydrant.

Even during shooting on the emergence scene in which being hit on the head he fell down on the floor of the men's room, he brightened the atmosphere of the studio playfully making funny facial expressions using a small goods needed for filming.

With this accident as a momentum, the level of tension of 'STP' starts building up higher and SanHo stands at a turning point to choose one between HeeRan and YoonJae.

As a new obstacle appears to the love line of YoonJae and HeeRan, the story will be developed more dramatically with the occurrence of unexpected incidents and reversals. The scene SanHo seriously injured collapses will be aired on Aug 21.

Uhm TaeWoong is charming viewers and the staff with his manly beauty in drama and with his cuteness outside drama.

In SBS mini series 'Stranger than Paradise' broadcasted the pictures of its first episode on July 31,he succeeded in fascinating viewers acting a person who has a strong tenacity for success in life and shows love and hatred for the widowed mother. He brightened the atmosphere of studio behaving attractively with a cute and sweet look whenever he had made NG scenes. He has made a few NG especially when he played his role with Kim HaeSook but his instant ad lib after NG always changed the 'anger' of Kim HaeSook and the staff to the 'laugh'.

A concerned person said "Out of a camera angle he does so cute things like an innocent child that female staffs of studio is dying for his NG,while playing a charismatic performance in shooting "

spoiler-alert

As the drama made progress, its coming scenes giving a hint that Yoon Jae becoming a sibling of SanHo will conflict with him and that they will become a love rival for HeeRan has aroused viewers' interest more and more.

Movie-like beautiful pictures, brilliant performances of players who rely on their acting skills and the high substantial story of this drama have become a subject of conversation to the viewers.

Guest Pucca.sg

Updated Reports on ‘Stranger Than Paradise’

As I am only able to access to uhmsky.cafe.daum site, I hope members will forgive me if the following article appeared bias with emphasis directed on Uhm Tae-Woong. It is an interesting article where we get to understand the reasons on the unfavorable ratings, its storyline, behind-scenes, NGs and how the P.D is considering alternatives to boost the ratings and attract viewers....(adding some humour of undressing somebody). :rolleyes: It has been the intention of the P.D Kim to try different approach to depict his story and I hope viewers will be patient with him. Hoping the rating will improve as it will lift up the moods of the cast and the entire production team. Aja! Aja! FIGHTING! ...Let's not give up hope! :D

Reposted from uhmsky and many thanks to Bill for the translation

Uhm TaeWoong who is busy in shooting on SBS drama 'Stranger than Paradise' gave a thanks note to viewers around at 9:30,Aug.3.

On the viewers' board of the drama homepage. he expressed his gratitude with a phrase saying "I highly appreciate that you are posting your impressions so eagerly here in spite of the period of summer holidays and sultry weather."

And he mentioned the low rating "it is a little disappointing to have such a low rating even though the drama is good and all of the staff and cast work hard in friendly atmosphere, isn't it?"

The ratings of the drama recorded by TNS Media Korea were 6.2% for the first episode broadcasted on July 31 and 5.5% for the 2nd of Aug 1. Unfortunately Its rating was very poor considering the gorgeous casting of Lee SungJae, UhmTaeWoong and Kim MinJung and the admiration to be deserved for a high-class drama.

On this he did not forget to ask viewers to continuously have an interest in this drama closing his speech "on the behalf of 'STP' team, I would like to promise we will keep on fighting doing our best under a given condition in future regardless of its low rating."

In this drama he takes the role of Kang SanHo who is struggling to escape from living in the poverty and is picked up by the representative of an entertainment company for a manager of the top singer You HeeRan. He was given good reception by viewers when he cried out in sorrow on the way back after he had abandoned his mother having Alzheimer's disease in the first episode broadcasted on July 31.

SBS drama 'STP' professing itself to be a well-made drama is at a loss for words with its terrible low rating.

As the rating of 3rd episode broadcasted Aug 7 was dropped again showing no indication to restore, they can't not afford to have an idea how to solve this bad situation. The national rating of its 3rd episode totaled by AGB Nilson Media Research was 4.1% not improved at all comparing with 4.2% of the 2nd and 5.1% of 1st episode. The reason why they had this miserable result falling far short of their expectation is likely to be deprived from the fact they had failed to attract the prospective viewers' group of the drama." KBS drama 'the Guy of the Vineyard', struggling desperately with MBC 'Jumong' (rating 37.3%) like 'STP' has a hard time too but its rating is 8.9%, a rather meaningful figure because it was able to secure a firm viewer's group (the twenties and thirties in age). On the contrary, aiming at the twenties and thirties as its main viewers and trying to appeal to their emotion, the production team of 'STP' is confused at the review that its main viewers was the fifties against their expectation.

This result is due to their failure in taking its target strata of viewers from 'Jumong'. However, favorable viewers of 'STP' have been deeply fascinated day by day. Needless to say, the strongest point of this drama is that all performers featured in the drama show their best acting. The shrewd performances by Lee Sung Jae, Uhm Tae Woong and Kim MinJung are the largest prop of drama 'STP'. And besides, its touching theme, 'family' makes viewers think of many things as time goes by.

The 3rd episode presented scenes that YoonJae returned home with SanHo who called himself his sibling and met HeeRan again. On the other hand SanHo begins to be fascinated by Heeran slowly as if water soaks into cotton bit by bit. The episode gave a hint that SanHo would have a love and hatred relationship with YoonJae out of the mother in her dotage, BokJa (Kim HaeSook) and YoonJae would have some suspicious relations with HeeRan in connection with the orphanage.

The plunge in rating of SBS drama 'STP' is quite unexpected, for the prospect for high rating had been bright before its broadcasting because of the splendid cast as Lee Sung Jae, Uhm TaeWoong, Kim MinJung and P.D Kim JongHyok who directed 'a Spring Day'. Last Aug 10, I visited the studio of 'STP' to see if the rest part of the drama could attract more viewers and succeed in its rating in the end.

My elder brother is a street singer (mischievous boy in real meaning)

The problem is that the drama was short of the power of concentration in the early stage. In addition that the substantiality in story line and frame is not enough, building up the characters of three lead roles also looked insufficient.

YoonJae returning to Korea after he lost everything in an instant, HeeRan becoming a singer instead of her dead elder sister but being exploited by her company's president and her father and SanHo fabricating the document for adoption to let YoonJae charge for all medical expenses for his mother having dementia, these three characters are all persons who have serious mental deficiency and conflict.

While shooting on a scene of the 6th episode that the mother calls YoonJae her son, P.D Kim suddenly began to talk "I would like to portray characters with native deficiency. I was going to describe conflicts among the three people softly in the early stage and to intensify them at some point of time. However, this low rating makes me feel uneasy."

Lately the category of drama's subjects has been widened nearly to the concept of an alternative family like the drama 'Bad Family' and 'STP' is something more than that. YoonJae gets deceived by SanHo who insists that they are siblings each other. Neverthless, YoonJae rather takes comfort from this.

Sanho is anxious to abandon his mother but in the mean time sings a song ' my elder brother is a mischievous boy' on the phone for her and soothes his mother carrying her on his back in the front yard of the hospital. All of the hero and heroine of the drama are looking for their own families while denying folks close at hand.

In this way 'STP' does not allow the leading characters easily to be seated at the table of family approved officially and let them go a long journey for the growth of each and every person. Notwithstanding or because of that, 'STP' has become a lonely street singer with a few audience.

Two alternative ways to select

P.D Kim analyzed what the cause of its defeat was like this. He said "No matter how real they may be, there might have been some scenes or stories viewers did not want to watch." He continued to comment on incomplete scenes and stale comic scenes keeping viewers from being absorbed in the drama. 'A kind of mysophobia' he can't discard even himself lamenting "My colour makes me go down!" seems to add another one to the cause of its defeat. ”When I chose a modern rock music as its theme song, I deleted the words of song. I couldn't keep it as it was because it openly revealed commercial intention"

There were shooting on a scene the three people chat and giggle playing a game in a park of Il-San town late at night. The camera man had to struggle for three hours to bring focus into Uhm TaeWoong with joy lowering his head and the looks in eye of Lee SungJae and Kim MinJung meeting each other's with awe and bashfulness. On the spot I could feel their burning desire to have a scene able to simultaneously discriminate the subtle feelings of these three people falling in love instead of establishing an old melo line such as 'troubles caused by a triangular love'.

"I don't like to make a drama overemphasizing on secrets of the leading characters or on any antagonist relationship of good and evil. I plan to expose the false family relation in 9th or 10th episode earlier than expected. The question is how we can manage it thereafter." said P D Kim.

Now I wonder if they are able to carry out their original planning as promised. "We would like to make a drama to treat fundamental problem of human-beings disregarding the formula of trendy drama that has no other alternative idea except for a home drama and a melo one."

P.D Kim said to Uhm TaeWoong who does not stay away from the studio even a moment "Let's enjoy ourselves". I like the scene most in which you talk glibly and laugh carrying your mother on your back. It was warm-hearted and delivered a symbolic meaning of what our drama was." He turned to Uhm TaeWoong again and said with a grin "I am not sure if we have a strong will enough to put up with the low rating. The rating maintains less than 3.6% and fails to rebound, then we are liable to resort to an extreme measure to raise the rating, something like undressing somebody among us...." As soon as all of others looked at Uhm TaeWoong with grin, he hurried away from there. :w00t:

There was a scene that Uhm TaeWoong playing SanHo enthusiastically in SBS drama 'STP' met with a mishap when he went out to see a movie with Kim BinWoo, playing a girl friend in the drama.

The shooting on the scene was made in a movie cinema in YongSan, Seoul. It is interesting to see that the person being extremely frightened in shooting on the scene was not Uhm TaeWoong but extras playing felons to hit the former on the head. The bit players got so nervous as to make NG scenes continuously at the serious moment to smash him on the head with a fire hydrant.

Even during shooting on the emergence scene in which being hit on the head he fell down on the floor of the men's room, he brightened the atmosphere of the studio playfully making funny facial expressions using a small goods needed for filming.

With this accident as a momentum, the level of tension of 'STP' starts building up higher and SanHo stands at a turning point to choose one between HeeRan and YoonJae.

As a new obstacle appears to the love line of YoonJae and HeeRan, the story will be developed more dramatically with the occurrence of unexpected incidents and reversals. The scene SanHo seriously injured collapses will be aired on Aug 21.

Uhm TaeWoong is charming viewers and the staff with his manly beauty in drama and with his cuteness outside drama.

In SBS mini series 'Stranger than Paradise' broadcasted the pictures of its first episode on July 31,he succeeded in fascinating viewers acting a person who has a strong tenacity for success in life and shows love and hatred for the widowed mother. He brightened the atmosphere of studio behaving attractively with a cute and sweet look whenever he had made NG scenes. He has made a few NG especially when he played his role with Kim HaeSook but his instant ad lib after NG always changed the 'anger' of Kim HaeSook and the staff to the 'laugh'.

A concerned person said "Out of a camera angle he does so cute things like an innocent child that female staffs of studio is dying for his NG,while playing a charismatic performance in shooting "

spoiler-alert

As the drama made progress, its coming scenes giving a hint that Yoon Jae becoming a sibling of SanHo will conflict with him and that they will become a love rival for HeeRan has aroused viewers' interest more and more.

Movie-like beautiful pictures, brilliant performances of players who rely on their acting skills and the high substantial story of this drama have become a subject of conversation to the viewers.

Wow~~~ well said :)

Thanks Felicia for posting up this article and share with the fans here....... :)

Here are two COOL pictures taken from uhmsky cafe to share with Uhm Tae Woong's fans here :)

u.1a.jpg

u.1b.jpg

oooh.. i was waiting for this drama.... sad to see it's not getting that much rating... :(

i wish someone's doing the subs so i can download and watch UTW again!!

Love his acting.. he looks different in those 2 pictures.. couldn't even tell it was him at first sight.

oooh.. i was waiting for this drama.... sad to see it's not getting that much rating... :(

i wish someone's doing the subs so i can download and watch UTW again!!

Love his acting.. he looks different in those 2 pictures.. couldn't even tell it was him at first sight.

Episdose 1 & 2 with english subs is available now. You may either find the links if you flip a few pages back or go to page 1. :) Yeah...UTW is a chameleon-star! :o

I think one of the problems with this drama is that it fails to capture your attention in the first couple of episodes. If the producers want to draw viewers in (especially with such strong competition as Jumong) they needed to start the series with a bang! Unfortunately, despite the fact I respect and like all three lead actors, I haven't been motivated to watch this one. I'm not sure of all the reasons, but I think some of them listed above in the article Felicia posted apply to me. LSJ's character is too pathetic. As a lawyer, how could he be so irresponsible and foolish? It seems unnatural.

For me, I also don't like direction the stylists went with how they are dressing the male leads. The "look" is just too young and hip, again, especially for LSJ's character who starts off as a lawyer living in Canada. His wardrobe and hair are just all wrong. Maybe it seems like a superficial point, but if someone puts a plate of food in front of you that looks all garish and insists it's tasty, aren't you reluctant to try it?

I do hope that the ratings improve, and I will make an effort at some point to watch more episodes. But for now, I'm afraid remain a bit pessimistic.

withbanfpic6ug.gif

BROUGHT TO YOU BY: WITH S2

Written In The Heavens Subbing Squad

EPISODE 3 HARDSUBBED

CREDITS:

Main Translator: yeohweping

Spot Translator: SolomonL

Timer: schizoar

Editor/QC: ay_link

Encoder/Typesetter: Nic-

Coordinators: mily2, ay_link

Click here to download torrent

Available also in:

http://clubbox.co.kr/twinlite

*NEW CLUBBOX - Please support us!!*

Screen caps:

strangerthanparadisee03korhdtvxvidliteonwiths2avi0000vt9.th.jpg strangerthanparadisee03korhdtvxvidliteonwiths2avi0000vb8.th.jpg strangerthanparadisee03korhdtvxvidliteonwiths2avi0000qt2.th.jpg

strangerthanparadisee03korhdtvxvidliteonwiths2avi0020lm5.th.jpg strangerthanparadisee03korhdtvxvidliteonwiths2avi0020cq3.th.jpg strangerthanparadisee03korhdtvxvidliteonwiths2avi0023xw9.th.jpg

I think one of the problems with this drama is that it fails to capture your attention in the first couple of episodes. If the producers want to draw viewers in (especially with such strong competition as Jumong) they needed to start the series with a bang! Unfortunately, despite the fact I respect and like all three lead actors, I haven't been motivated to watch this one. I'm not sure of all the reasons, but I think some of them listed above in the article Felicia posted apply to me. LSJ's character is too pathetic. As a lawyer, how could he be so irresponsible and foolish? It seems unnatural.

For me, I also don't like direction the stylists went with how they are dressing the male leads. The "look" is just too young and hip, again, especially for LSJ's character who starts off as a lawyer living in Canada. His wardrobe and hair are just all wrong. Maybe it seems like a superficial point, but if someone puts a plate of food in front of you that looks all garish and insists it's tasty, aren't you reluctant to try it?

I do hope that the ratings improve, and I will make an effort at some point to watch more episodes. But for now, I'm afraid remain a bit pessimistic.

totally agree with your points. the cast is cool but there's something unknown to me about this drama that makes me not want to watch it. <_<

Thanks Pucca, Luv and everyone for posting related pictures and news of this drama and zillion thanks to the wonderful subbing team for fulfilling our wishes! (special thanks to ay_link and yeohweping for the kind assistance extended to me). PLEASE SUPPORT WITH S2 TEAM! :D

Here's some updated news on the drama from uhmsky.daum.cafe courtesy from BILL our greatest contributor and translator.

Regardless of its rating, the studio is in good harmony

The atmosphere of studio of a drama having a low grade in rating competition is usually bad. The director, the cast and the script writer all also suffer from the poor rating. SBS drama 'Stranger than Heaven' the rating of which is below 10 % can apply to that case.

However, the atmosphere of its studio is just as vivid as that of a drama being proud of the best rating, told a man of the team.

Playing Kang SanHo who is a simple-minded and ignorant tough guy but in the mean time is fragile inside extremely devoting to his mother, Uhm TaeWoong said "Despite the rating defeated by 'Jumong' is still sluggish, I am sure it will be improved little by little. As far as the atmosphere of studio is concerned, it is as good as or better than any other drama's .

On the other hand, all the staff and cast determined to make efforts to produce an excellent work paying no attention to its rating.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The drama getting received a warm welcome from Japanese fans

‘Stranger than Heaven' is already given a favourable reception by foreign fans even though it has not been exported yet.

In spite of its low rating at present, a lot of words of compliments and favorable comments on perfomers' acting skills and the excellent framework of story have been posted consecutively on the board of the drama homepage.

In particular, as any publicity has not made in overseas yet, messages of encouragement continuously coming from Japan make the staff and cast wonder.

The Japanese viewers of 'STH', mainly consisted of fans of Lee SungJae who joined in a group of Hanryu-star with movie 'Daisy' early this year and fans of Uhm TaeWoong who is exercising his 'Uhmforce power' with dramas 'Sassy Chunhyiang' and 'Life again-revenge' on the air in Japan, have cheered the drama posting whole-hearted words of praise in Korean alphabet difficult for them to write.

Talking they are watching the drama on internet and posting their remarks with the aid of translation machine, many Japanese viewers say "As I can not understand Korean language well, I watch it depending on my imagination. But it becomes more and more interesting to me, so I can hardly wait for next episodes. I would like the drama to be broadcasted in Japan." One of them named Nahoko has been deeply interested in the drama and given a passionate support so as to translate the each episode in Japanese language for Japanese fans surfing the home page of the drama.

Having got encouraged at the good response from foreign fans, the production company of 'STH' is going to make sales contracts with some distributors of Japan and other countries.

As I am trying to remain unperturbed by the poor ratings and some pointers that you had raised, I am prepared to watch this drama with an open mind. I dare not say that I’ll be addicted but I want to experience the rationale of the storyline with the direction of the PD. Perhaps like you said, both the wardrobe department and hairstylists could be faulted for dressing the male cast inappropriately.

I am sure if the production team are aware that they are up against a high profile drama, “Jumong”’, they would probably consider making a different approach in their storyline like a big bang (as quoted by you) ...like giving the audiences a shocking introduction that leaves many people wondering and guessing. A cliffhanger will be a good start instead of the usual slow pace of introducing each character.

Mar, I hope you will give this drama a chance and would love to hear your comment again whether positive or negative, it’ll be interesting to share notes. :D

Revealing Kang San-Ho's character but I shall not reveal some of the information as it deemed fit as SPOILERS!

Kang SanHo - one-sided love with no return

SanHo's way how to love in drama "STH' is gaining a lot of public favor.

SanHo's method of love compared with YoonJae's was most remarkable in the drama broadcasted on Aug.28.

SanHo is a man whose personality is quite opposite of that of YoonJae, his elder brother and a love rival. While the latter is well-mannered having thoughtful consideration for others, the former is tough, hot tempered and over ambitious.

But he is different before his beloved people.

He takes all kinds of foul jobs alone for a top star HeeRan frequently wielding a square stick and thrashing someone with it or getting a blow from them. In front of his mother having dementia, he is still a little son and sometimes plays her husband for her.

His attitude toward HeeRan reveals the bottom of his heart the most. He is willing to sacrifice himself for her even though he knows full well that she loves YoonJae.

That day the drama showed SanHo battered a lot by mobsters was bleeding on the other side as HeeRan and YoonJae were happy to have a date. It was a scene enough to have many viewers deeply touched.

When SanHo knew that mobsters had swindled money out of HeeRan's father, he met them in face of danger and took back the money after being assaulted by them.

SPOILERS ALLERT!

Some time ago he had desperately made an agreement at the risk of his death to keep secret that HeeRan and YoonJae were in love. Once again the method of SanHo's love giving one-sidedly with no return made a deep impression.

On the other hand, in the episode broadcasted that day YoonJae's real mother showed herself, which previously notified that a big trouble might take place in future. Because of her sudden appearance, the upmost concern of how much the relation between YoonJae and SanHo would be changed and of what would be the consequence of their painful love is widespread among viewers.

Credit to BILL at uhmsky for the translation

P.S Note that the title of this drama is referred as "Stranger Than Heaven". It is common in Korean drama to provide few different titles. I am expecting a confirmation reply on which drama title we should adopt.

Bummer... hard subs for ep 3. Well, at least you are providing a Clubbox link and the file is downloading. Could be worse...BT is not my friend, or my router's friend.

Archived