[Drama 2008] My Pitiful Sister / Big Sister 큰언니

Guest huangsy

I thought Yyangpeong (or whatever the name of their hometown is) is a small hick one-carriage town. How come only Gitae saw Insu? I would have thought by now everyone in town would have know than Insu arrived in a very very preggars condition, delivered a baby boy and left him there. After all, the walls and doors seem rather flimsy. People passing by often hear the entire conversation and feel free to throw open doors and barge in with "what did you say?!" :tongue2: Everybody is fair game and everything is everyone's business.

I laughed when Insu brushed Uje off. His eyeball almost dropped out too. Poor kid!

And Insu just waltz in to the university to ask for a reference letter. After she just bailed out on going to Germany, without so much as a call to inform the University who was giving her a scholarship. If the University does give her a reference letter, I think Hakin's sister should lead all the students to protest. Especially if they give her another shot at the scholarship. Scholarship selection should not just be based on academic results and being book smart. Putting aside how she just abandoned her baby, even before that, we have not seen Insu having a single friend in the university. Instead she snaps and snipes at everyone around her and walks around with a superior attitude.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest meilim_ong

How could Deoksan ever do such a thing - own up that the baby is his? If this was his plan, he should have told his mom in the first place rather than leaving the baby with Sunim, knowing how Gitae is. Now Mrs Yi seem to have accepted the baby boy and even passed him off as a twin. Will anyone ever find out?

Oh! This is really the beginning of the end of the Yi's family fortune. Deoksan seemed to have signed away the sawmill in Gitae's documents (I mean chopped). And Gitae has the cheek to just pack up and leave and his silly wife is even willing to go with him.

Poor Hakgyu still having the crush on Insu, when it is obvious she will never get together with him. At least now, she is not so mean to him.

So now Hakin is going overseas to study and Insu is going to Germany as a nurse. Will they end up in the same place? It will be interesting if Insu ends up to be Mrs Kim daughter in law, married to Hakin.

Insu should work in a psychiatric department(if not seek help..)..i still cannot comprehend she had the guts to leave, abandon, not giving the baby her milk etc. Inok is at fault too and Deoksan is taking all the enigma. Soon the sawmill will be Mrs Kim?...life will be harder..

So the babies/cousins/twins are JiHo n JiHun...at least they are drool-worthy.

Guest b00kw0rm

why is Deoksan so foolish? Inok has turned his brains to mush.

If Insu marries Hakin, Mrs Kim will get the DIL he deserves. Hakin would have learnt his lesson from Inok and really fight for Insu which would only upset Inok even more. And not to mention poor Hakgyu's heart will be broken. i think Hakgyu is a much better man than Hakin and any if Insu chooses Hakin over his brother then she is stupider than I thought! But I shed a tear when Hakin asked his Dad how Inok is doing. That was a touching scene.

Without a nursing background, Insu can find a job in Germany as a nurse?! She spoke to Inok as if Inok was so lacking in understanding about why she abandoned her baby. How come this kind of person can think of becoming a nurse?!

I think Sunim is more disgusting than Gitae. She is always talking about being a true friend to Deoksan and Inok and acting so goodie goodie. Time after time, she saves her husband sorry hide. Now she disappears with him! Without the threat of his Dad to keep him in line, he will surely beat her black & blue.

Insu should work in a psychiatric department(if not seek help..)..i still cannot comprehend she had the guts to leave, abandon, not giving the baby her milk etc. Inok is at fault too and Deoksan is taking all the enigma. Soon the sawmill will be Mrs Kim?...life will be harder..

So the babies/cousins/twins are JiHo n JiHun...at least they are drool-worthy.

Insu said Woo-hyeok ruined her life, that she gave up everything for him and he deserted her. Did he ask her to "give up everything" or did she make that decision over his objections! Everything with Insu is always about what she wants. Whatever 'punishment' Inok deserves for her role in Woo-hyeok deserting Insu has been wiped out when Insu just abandoned her baby and expected Inok to raise the child. But I suppose later when she finds out about it, Insu will just blame Inok for being the reason why she had to abandon her baby. Always a lack of remorse but plenty of misplaced anger.

I agree that it was a touching moment when Hakin asked after Inok. Especially since he was sober and looking rather sane (for himi!). I felt a twinge of sadness that they could not find a way to overcome the obstacles in their relationship. As well as a twinge of apprehension as I wondered if he would fall for Insu and therefore break Inok's heart all over again.

i just missed 2 or 3 days of episodes and today i saw how Mrs Kim is filthy rich with bigger house than ever and willingly to built a hospital for Hakin....why is it in this drama the evil never gets any punishment or retribution and the good ones became poorer and poorer...is this for real..urgh ...did anyone notice the girl who likes Deoksan's brother, i think she worked with the family before..oh god i hate her and whats with her mouth its weird looking when she starts talking hahahah for some reason its a turn off for me..lol

gosh poor inok and deoksan their family is getting from bad to worse....i was thinking what evil things that they did to deserve this as long as i can remember their only faults are being, stupid, taking stupid actions and decisions....

14 years later and Inok has turned into a strong (tho' still pitiful) woman. Jiho and Jihyun are at school and Inae is a school teacher(?) or she works in a school or something. Hakin made it big, Hakyu becomes a president of a construction company and their spoilt little brat sis left her womaniserhubby. Darn! Mrs Kim lives in luxury and still making money.

I hate Deoksan's aunt who is still mistreating Inok along with Deokgi's wife.

Now that Insu is back as a 'top surgeon from Germany' (doesn't she ever miss her son??) and perhaps working with Hakin, I wonder how things will be now when she meets Hakyu. Or..i really want to think both brothers are into Insu now..hehehe..

i just missed 2 or 3 days of episodes and today i saw how Mrs Kim is filthy rich with bigger house than ever and willingly to built a hospital for Hakin....why is it in this drama the evil never gets any punishment or retribution and the good ones became poorer and poorer...is this for real..urgh ...did anyone notice the girl who likes Deoksan's brother, i think she worked with the family before..oh god i hate her and whats with her mouth its weird looking when she starts talking hahahah for some reason its a turn off for me..lol

Ha, ha .... I totally share your sentiment! I get really annoyed looking at her! How could Deokgi stand the sight of her?

yesterday's episode annoyed me on so many levels :crazy:

Mrs Kim and their museum she lives in. Her husband is still with her! He told her they were through because of her evil deeds especially to Inok. Now he has moved to her to that museum?! Her husband and children just close an eye to her evil deeds with a shrug that she is the wife/mother so they can't help it. Mrs Kim still only cares for Hakin. Imagine telling her own daughter that there is nothing wrong with a husband cheating on his wife. How can her family accept this kind of monster?

Inok is now street-smart, assertive and willing to fight for what she wants. Now you see, this is how Inok should have been when she raised her two sisters. Someone living dirt poor, struggling to make ends meet, responsible for 2 others would not have been so docile and sweet like Inok was. Now Inok at least has a husband and a MIL who loves her, she should be just a bit more mellow. But its like a reversal of roles. It would make more sense for Inok now to still be tough but a bit more mellow since she has Deoksan to share her burdens with.

If I didn't know she gave birth to a son, I would have thought the girl was Insu's daughter! Insu looks so ugly and is that a wig she has on? As someone posted, without a nursing background she found a job as a nurse in Germany. And comes back a successful doctor. I wonder if she has kept her promise to pay Inok back for the house and the education Inok gave up, to send Inae, who must be 30 years old now, to university? Or is she still living in her narrow 'me, me, me" world! I thought it was weird that the preview shows all the doctors deliberating over whether to give Insu a post at their hospital? Has the hospital become so successful - Mrs Kim and the Director both said it was some sleepy backwater place compared to the one Hakin left.

Before he stole from his family, Deokgi was an intelligent, hardworking, capable man. Now it looks like his role is just to be Hakyu's sidekick!

Guest b00kw0rm

So Mr Eyeball is still in the picture! I wonder if he is the guy Insu is trying to track down. Hakin looks so admiringly at Insu. Wonder if that perception will change when he knows she abandoned her own son. I hope she is not here to take him back. Not after Deoksan and Inok raised him for 16 years as their beloved son. I hope Deoksan's Mother never learns of the deception. The poor woman will feel so betrayed by their lie. She is a good woman who don't deserve this.

According to the preview, the wicked witch looks like she collapsed. GREAT :tongue2:

The storyline is getting interesting somehow..and i sort of knew that Insu will treat her own son somehow..

Hehe.. Mr BigEyes ..yayy for Uje!!.. :D (at least he's a cutie..)

Oh yeah..let's hope Mrs Kim will suffer a REAL cardiac arrest now...!

wow i really cant imagine what will happen to Inok's MIL if she knows the truth...she seriously doesnt deserved all this lies...from the start it has been a huge mistake for inok and deoksan to spin the lies...gosh now the ones who will suffers are the boy and the grandmum...not insu definitely how cruel is that.....i am watching this drama on and off...pls god do something abt mrs kim please....she has been living well enough all this while far too long and now something must happen to her to at least make her suffers a bit...come on surely there must be some justice in this world...grr all those evil characters in this drama has been doing so great and successful..yucks!!! :angry: oh no Mr EYEBALLS still alive and kicking...how?? will he rat on inok to insu...poor inok destined to suffer all her life....aigoo how come inok is so badly dressed huh so messy, i know she's like busy 24/7 but at least dress nicely wont kill her right?? .... she looks way old than her age....putting her and hakin side by side she' looks like an older sister to him instead of his ex-gf....

I think Insu will marry Hakyu. Hakin will marry the lady who helped Mrs Kim when she was unconscious. Is she the daughter of the hospital director?

I thought the Director was like hinting to Hakin to make a move on Insu. I don't quite like that woman. When Hakin told her she should not have brought the child to the operating theatre area, she just kept on smiling sweetly and repeating what she had to say. Its a pet peeve of mine - people don't listen and just keep on repeating what they want to say as thought the other party is deaf or dense. So I found this woman rather annoying :tongue2: If Hakin marries, I want him to marry a shrew who will make Mrs Kim so damm sorry for ever objecting to Inok!

So far, it looks like Hakgyu is way too good for Insu. It looks like the eyeballs will end up together - Inae and Uje :) He went for an interview and the interviwer - a man - told him that he is very handsome. Gee, if it was me I'd find that freaky and would want to stay far away from that man :tongue2:

i can't wait to see when Insu finds out that Jiho is her son. That lady doctor certainly has issues..HakYu is too good for her but somehow i know they'll end up together. Another wretch that i personally want to re-arrange the face is DeokGi's wifey. Things are getting harder for Inok and DeokSan but their love for each other keep them strong..and i think Inae and Uje make such a beautiful couple..awww.... :rolleyes: ..they will have beautiful kids too.. :D

Such a heartwarming story. It's nice to watch together with your family. I/We learn a lot from this drama. It tackles a lot of things about life and other things.

Such a heartwarming story. It's nice to watch together with your family. I/We learn a lot from this drama. It tackles a lot of things about life and other things.

hi riehae, yes TV Novels are usually great family dramas..usually they're from the 50's, 60's thru 80's era.

Guest b00kw0rm

I find Uje looks a lot like Lee Dong-gun. Could someone please verify Hakin's age. I was surprised when the matchmaker said that a 45 year-old man (Hakin) shouldn't expect to marry a woman in her twenties. Is he that old?

I think Hakin should be about that age. Inae is 30, Inok is 43 so Hakin at 45 is just about right. Though I understand why you doubt as the mathematical skills of the scriptwriter or translator is rather shaky! For instance, Inok told Hakin that she moved to Seoul one year after she got married and has now lived there for 10 years. HUH :blink: The children are 14 years old and that's how long Insu has been away!

Insu and Deokgi's wife should live together. They are always saying and doing something nasty and then going all 'what did I do wrong? What did I say that was so wrong?!'. Insu walks around the hospital like she's royalty, gets upset when the nurses and doctors obviously don't like or respect her. She thinks because she comes back as a doctor she automatically gets respect. If you don't treat others with respect and don't show that you deserve to be respected, you can call yourself George Bush and you aren't just going to get respect!

I agree that Uje and Inae will make a good looking couple. Though I was a bit annoyed with Inae when she was more worried about how people would look at them when Inok was venting at the hospital. As the mother of a child whose son was hit by the car carrying a doctor of the hospital, Inok had every right to be upset. Inae was way out of line telling Inok not to be so sensitive! But I see the pattern there as this is like the 3rd or 4th time Inae has told Inok that she is wrong in the way she thinks and acts. I'm sure this could only mean that the reunion with Insu and pairing with Uje is going to bring about some rift in the relationship between Inok and Inae.

I really feel like smacking INSU's face! As a doctor, how could she just sit in the car after an accident she was directly involved in! And to insist, that she did nothing wrong as she had given her namecard to the victim --- grrr, grrr ....., just got me gnashing my teeth! Hakin was absolutely correct when he said she didn't change one bit - she's still as selfish and self-centred as before! But wait a minute - if she had given her card to Jiho, how come Inok didn't know the name of the doctor who knocked down Jiho? And why didn't Hakin tell Insu and Inok about each other since he knows that Jiho is Inok's son? This drama has a lot of 'holes' not well patched up!

Archived