[Drama 2008] My Pitiful Sister / Big Sister 큰언니

Guest huangsy

I really feel like smacking INSU's face! As a doctor, how could she just sit in the car after an accident she was directly involved in! And to insist, that she did nothing wrong as she had given her namecard to the victim --- grrr, grrr ....., just got me gnashing my teeth! Hakin was absolutely correct when he said she didn't change one bit - she's still as selfish and self-centred as before! But wait a minute - if she had given her card to Jiho, how come Inok didn't know the name of the doctor who knocked down Jiho? And why didn't Hakin tell Insu and Inok about each other since he knows that Jiho is Inok's son? This drama has a lot of 'holes' not well patched up!

Yah, i was wondering why Inok didn't know that Insu was the moron who knocked her son down.

I think after what happened with Inok, Hakin has learnt his lesson of having loose lips and giving too much information. Remember how he would say things in anger to his evil Mum and then she would think of moves to counter his plans?! Hakin knows that Insu has not contacted Inok. He told her that was the first thing she should have done when she returned to Korea. I liked him for that. Although Inok broke his heart, he still knows she should be treated right. However, I think its like no major secret since his sister mentioned it to their Mum. So he has learnt his lesson not to be so free with information! At least he didn't tell Insu that Jiho was Inok's son. I would so hate it if he appeared to side Insu in any way.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont know how Deoksan's mom will take it if she finds out that Jiho isn't her real grandson..and Jiho is such a sweet and well mannered boy..

what's going to happen to Inok's restaurnt now?.. :unsure: ..and Insu hired someone to find out about the sawmill..

Guest meilim_ong

Anything goes in Kdrama. The mystery girl who saved Mrs Kim still has not revealed her identity. I think now Mrs Kim sees her in a favourable light and might consider her as daughter in law for Hakin.

I dont understand how come Insu can call and not identify herself. Inok and family seems to heading for more difficult times ahead.

Has Uje really forgotten the past, giving Inae the handkerchief and meeting her in her village? Seems odd.

Can anyone explain to me Uje's history? I'm curious about his character and how he is involved in the lives of Inok & Inae. I like Inok & Inae and but I loathe Insu :fury: . I just recently started watching it and I admit I'm slowly getting hooked. But watching it also has left me a lot of questions...it would be great if someone can answer them.

Guest b00kw0rm

I don't think Uje has forgotten. His eyeballs didn't pop out but his face hardened :tongue2: Inae acts like she already has a schoolgirl crush on him.

It looks like that is the girl Mrs Kim wants Hakin to marry. I'd rather he never get married. That would be best for Mrs Kim! If he must marry then marry someone who will ill-treat Mrs Kim :)

Insu asked someone to find out what happened to the sawmill and she threw the envelope containing the information at the investigator. really, i think someone oughta smack that girl.

amidala2984, the brief on Kang Uje. His brother and Insu fell in love. She had plans to do a PhD in Germany. Just moments before she boarded the flight, Hakgyu dashes in to tell her that Uje's brother is very ill. She goes to him. Being the super-sensitive and caring person that she is, she neglects to inform her family or the university that she is not accepting the scholarship (the Song sisters lost their house because of this- tell you more later). The brother (forgot his name) wants Insu to go to Germany and concentrate on her studies. Incidentally, he too had won a scholarship to Germany which he had to give up because of his illness. She insisted on staying with him and looking after him. She proposed to him and he accepted and they got married. Then the university phones Inok to ask what happened to Insu. Inok could not find Insu and in desperation went to her ex-b.f. dear ole Hakin at the hospital to find out if Uje's brother is there. Hakin's brother had told her Hakin had treated him. While Inok is there, Insu phones Hakin to see that Uje's brother needs medical attention. Hakin and Inok go to see him. Inok scolds Insu and tells her it is not too late to go off to Germany. Insu refuses and tells her that she has married the guy. Inok mulls over this at home and returns to see Uje's brother. As she arrives Insu is on her way out to buy medicine for him. Insu does not see Inok. Inok pleads with the brother to make Insu leave or otherwise to go somewhere Insu would not be able to find him. Uje who is in the next room barges in and scoldes Inok for being selfish and thinking only of herself. She says that since he raised Uje, he should understand where she who raised Insu is coming from. After she leaves, the two guys pack up their things and leave, leaving a note behind for Insu. Insu tries to find him but is unable to.

Uje sees his dying brother is thinking of Insu all the time and wants to go and get her. He wants to tell her what Inok said to his brother. But his brother makes him promise that he will not tell Insu about the conversation with Inok. He promises his brother. Anyway his brother dies about two months later.

Insu goes to Yyangpeong to deliver her baby. She tells Inok that she will never forgive Uhyeok (I think that is the name of Uje's brother) for abandoning her. Inok tries twice to tell her of her conversation with the guy but there's no full-stop or comma in Insu's tirade and Inok does not get a chance. After the baby is born, Insu says she cannot even bear to look at the boy who is a daily reminder of her husband. She leaves the baby in the hospital and runs away.

Uje meanwhile is in yyangpeong. He is angry with both Inok and Insu. Why he is angry with Insu I don't know since he heard the conversation and knows it is his brother who ran away from Insu. Forgetting his promise to his brother, he tells Inok that he will tell Insu of the conversation. He also says that he will make Inok suffer even more than his brother suffered.

He meets up with Insu when she coolly goes to the university (he was working there part-time, on vacation?) to ask for a reference letter to apply for a job. And get this, this arts student with no knowledge of nursing gets a job as a nurse all the way in Germany! What drugs the Germans are on, I wonder! Uje tries to talk about what happened and she brushes him off. She says she is not interested to hear about his brother. Uje says his brother died. She acts like its no big deal and storms off. Uje stands there looking after her with his eyeballs at his feet.

That's it for now :)

I think Mrs Yi (Deoksan's Mum) will initially be upset because Deoksan and Inok lied to her all these years. But she is a good woman and will not take it out on Jiho. The problem will come from the aunt and Deokgi's wife. Jiho seems to have inherited all his Dad's genes and luckily, none of Insu's!

Yesterday the Vice-Principal asked "Dr" Song to take Uje to the art room. Was that a mistake? If she has a PhD then she should be teaching college level.

I think Mrs Yi (Deoksan's Mum) will initially be upset because Deoksan and Inok lied to her all these years. But she is a good woman and will not take it out on Jiho. The problem will come from the aunt and Deokgi's wife. Jiho seems to have inherited all his Dad's genes and luckily, none of Insu's!

Yesterday the Vice-Principal asked "Dr" Song to take Uje to the art room. Was that a mistake? If she has a PhD then she should be teaching college level.

yep, noticed that too.. was it the subs?. Was it meant for Insu instead of Inae?..And Uje looks like he's still in high school..never aged a bit..

anyway..i though Inok looked strange when drunk..she's all wobbly..really sad there..she's hardly making ends meet and Insu sits pretty.. <_< ..hurry up and help your pitiful sis!!

yep, noticed that too.. was it the subs?. Was it meant for Insu instead of Inae?

Please try to leave comments at KBS World about the state of their English Subtitle standard, esp for morning drama & TV Novel series. I have noticed the quality deteriorating especially for the current series. I had already left my comment at "You Stole My Heart" about the repercussions of spelling errors and wrong Char references in their subtitling boo-boos.

Attention

KBS World (Asia) Viewers

My Pitiful Sister

will air one hour later than usual

around 11:25am (KST)

on Monday 27 October

the repeat episode schedule is not affected

Guest b00kw0rm

tiki_sg, okay will do. I noticed that too. It can be frustrating for people like me who really depend on the subs.

I wonder if Insu is sick. Maybe she came home to make her peace and pass on her wordly possessions to her son. The highlights show her removing a wig. And she's constantly popping pills into her mouth like they are candy. Whatever, I can't think of any good reason for her to have stayed away for 14 years.

Uje is looking more and more handsome esp. since he doesn't have any eye-ball popping scenes. I didn't like the calculative look he gave Inae when she wasn't aware. It seems like he is planning something that is not so nice.

I can see that Uje and Inae will end up together, after she forgives him for breaking her heart. But she is 30 years old and shouldn't act like a giggly school girl.

Guest b00kw0rm

It was nice to see the affection Hakgyu and Inok have for each other. Hakgyu is really the better man. But now that Hakin stays away from his demon Mum and does not blurt out facts about Inok's life, he is not looking too shabby either :tongue2:

That nurse is rather annoying. Its one thing to be a confident and outspoken person. But its another to be rude and insist people do things your way as you hold the answer to all the problems in the world!

Insu, Insu.. what can I say? If your actions could even appall Hakin's mean and flighty sister, then you are doomed!

If Deokgi and his aunt are so bothered about the mum peeling garlics to end extra income then why don't the aunt herself help out more without whining, and Deokgi should force his wife to put in a full day's work! Just saying "how could you?" and not doing anything is not productive. All the how-could-you's is not going to put food on the table.

It really looks like Harkin will end up with the weird nurse. She must be certifiable if she can get along so well with Mrs Kim. Doesn't she have any friends?! Its a bit weird to see her hanging out with the ole witch.

Now, why did Insu get that ugly slick to get infos about Inok in the first place??? He's hanging with Gitae to make things worse..And it's that all she can do after meeting Inok in her sorry state??. Hakgyu isn't the same again, he wont come running to her like he used to..Insu is all alone ..After seeing Jihyun she's probably thinking about her child she abandoned..

Yeah..that nurse is probably put in to cheer Hakin up..(and to his mom too?). I find it icky. Is she the hospital director's daughter?. Hehehe..Hakin had his shirt off and we got to peek at his bod'..not bad!!.. :D

Yah, I'm wondering too why Insu asked a PI to investigate Deoksan first and then later to ask for info on Inok and Inae. It's as if she didn't expect them to be together. And its freeky the way Uje is looking at Insu's pix. I have a bad feeling that between the two of them, they are going to turn everyone against Inok. Except I think Jiho. Since their move to Seoul, Inae has always found fault with Inok. I didn't like how she came upon the market scene and immediately apologised to the woman who started the fight. Then she turned to Inok and asked her how could she do such things. Can she not understand why Inok is upset over her new hair-do? Does she really need someone to spell it out for her? She's 30, not 13 and certainly not 3! And if Inok doesn't rave over her hair-do is that a reason to shed tears over it in school?! I really wonder what kind of teacher she is since she acts like a student and not like a 30-year old woman! But I could be prejudiced. I have not liked her since episodes ago when she went loony after overhearing that Inok had given/sold her away as a baby.

Hakin is looking better and better. If only he was like this 20 years ago :) Now it seems just cruel to lump him with that weird nurse. Imagine, if she is his wife and he has a witch of a mother. The man will go mental!

Guest meilim_ong

Insu seems to be headed for trouble. The PI will definetely blackmail her. And when Gitae finds out about Insu, he will also join in since he saw her, alighting from the taxi very pregnant and about to give birth. I don't know what will happen when he meets Mrs Kim and Deoksan once again.

Insu must be puzzled how come Hakgyu seems to have changed - he even hung up on her when she called him late night when she was drunk. She maybe still expects him to drop everything and come running to her. Wonder what is her real motive for returning to Korea after all these years. Meeting Jiyun must have reminded her how alike they are. Wonder how she will be when she meets her own son.

Uje definetely has revenge in mind. He looked shocked when Inae turned down his dinner invitation - he would try harder now. How come Inae is still unmarried at 30? She looks all right, how come no suitors before?

Another thing I dont understand is how Deoksan lost all his family's fortune and why they had to move to Seoul. Couldnt they just stay put in their village? At least life wouldn't be so hard.

Yes, Deoksan is such a softie..he can't even handle his family problems. He used to be rich and smart but turned out really sorry but he has a kind heart. Insu doesnt even feel for Inok. And Jihyun is a rebel like her too..Inok could have asked Mr Kim for help financially but she just couldn't and i hope he will help her somehow. And Uje definitely has something in his mind and it's creepy..

Guest b00kw0rm

wah, I'm glad you all have returned to the forum :tongue2:

meiling_ong, Deoksan lost the sawmill when he was blackmailed by Gitae. Gitae saw Insu and knew that the baby was not Deoksan's illegitimate child. He asked him to put his stamp as a guarantor for the money he borrowed from Mrs Kim. He ran away and she called in the debt and took the sawmill. I don't know why they have to lie and say the baby is Deoksan's illegitimate child. Insu was legally married so why all this need for secrecy?

Insu thinks she doesn't owe anyone for anything. As she always says, nobody understands her pain. So she feels justified in just taking from others because she is in great pain. It looks like Inae is following suit with her saying to Inok that she doesn't owe her anything. I wouldn't say "owe" but surely all the hardship that Inok when through just for them should make them want to help her. The woman is going to work herself to death for all these ungrateful, undeserving people.

Inok's daughter is so much like Insu. I think that is the reason why Inok is so strict with her. After all she tried the soft approach with Insu and look how the jr. witch has turned out!

Inae muttered to herself that Uje really didn't think she would accept his first invitation to dinner. 30-years old and still want to play games?! Really, she should find some other occupation as she is as juvenile as her students. Inae acts as if she knows more than Inok and is a better person. I'm almost thinking that she deserves to be played by Uje. Then we'll see if she still thinks she is better than Inok. But probably once she finds out the reason for Uje's behaviour, she will beg his forgiveness and find another reason to despise Inok. Really, with sisters like Insu and Inae, who needs enemies!

Today's episode got me all teary..poor Inok..she was devastated ..after everything she had done for Insu.. :tears:

Next episode Insu gets a nasty shock to find out how hard Inok is doing for her family..and Inok never wants to see Insu..

Archived