[Drama 2008] My Pitiful Sister / Big Sister 큰언니

Guest huangsy

Guest b00kw0rm

The casting is very bad. Now Deoksan looks older than his aunt! And the evil Mrs Kim seems to have found the secret to stop ageing. Is that how she turned her family fortune around :tongue2:

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the youngest sister. She's the prettiest of the 3 sisters imo. Such a sweet girl. A pity Inok is so bound by her guilt towards Insu ... that girl deserves a few slap ... it's about time she get over her self pity over being abandoned by the young and helpless Inok. Inok had more than make it up to them all those years.

Did they show it today? My timer record only got the first few minutes of You Stole My Heart due to the delay in broadcasting and none of this drama.

I like the youngest sister. She's the prettiest of the 3 sisters imo. Such a sweet girl. A pity Inok is so bound by her guilt towards Insu ... that girl deserves a few slap ... it's about time she get over her self pity over being abandoned by the young and helpless Inok. Inok had more than make it up to them all those years.

Did they show it today? My timer record only got the first few minutes of You Stole My Heart due to the delay in broadcasting and none of this drama.

Exupery, that's strange. I managed to record both shows set on timer.

Hakin took Inok to her parents grave and 'asked for permission to marry'. He also told Mrs Kim that he doesn't care what she thinks as he has made up his mind to marry the only woman for him. So Mrs Kim arranges a blind date for him and uses her daughter (when they were kids, the daughter was so much more mature than Insu but now they are in college, the daughter acts like she's at most 10-years old!) to reel him in.

The preview shows Mrs Kim hitting Inok and blaming her for the failed blind date. And Insu yelling at Mrs Kim to get out of their house. Insu also gives Hakin a piece of her mind. Yeah, I agree that Insu deserves a few slaps but she can be quite useful at times :tongue2:

Hakin's brother is trying to get out of the gang. They are threathening to harm Insu if he leaves.

Guest b00kw0rm

Hakin's brother isn't handsome and he talks in such a rough manner. But whenever he looks at Insu, my heart melts. He's showing major warts but I like the guy. He looks so much more interesting than the guy Insu is dreaming of!

I wish KBS would employ better translators. When the show first started, the rich woman at the sawmill told Inok's Mum that Deoksan is her grandson. But after that he appears to be her son. So which is which?

And yesterday was the third time when they showed Insu, the narrator would say "Inae felt this and that".

Exupery, that's strange. I managed to record both shows set on timer.

Strange indeed. Ah well ... I guess I didn't miss much even if I miss an episode here & there. :lol:

The preview shows Mrs Kim hitting Inok and blaming her for the failed blind date. And Insu yelling at Mrs Kim to get out of their house. Insu also gives Hakin a piece of her mind. Yeah, I agree that Insu deserves a few slaps but she can be quite useful at times :tongue2:

You're right. I'm beginning to like that aspects of Insu ... at least she stands up to Mrs Kim and show her the contempt the old lady deserves. :tongue2:

I actually don't think Inok should get with Hakin ... what his mom has done in the past and even now is just too :crazy: and I'm really not comfortable with Hakin's ways of handling things either. He gets this really crazy look sometimes ... must be the mom's genes or something. While Deoksan might not win in the looks department (but none of the guys are that great looking if you ask me) ... I think he might be not be too bad of a choice. But then who knows if that'll change. :unsure:

Guest adikkeluangman

I watched yesterday epi. OMG. How come HaKin mother had energy to speak or get mad all the time. Her voice really annoyed me. Loves that when his father backup Inok for everything. ke ke ke...

I read on my TV info that the middle sister will get pregnant and then Inok will take charge all over again. So who is the man. Sure not HaKin brother. or it must be the man that bring the sister to restaurant today.

Loves the bonding between the sisters although it not show much. Sarang (as in Baek IlHong/younger middle sister/whatever her real name is) is really talented. I bet she will be good actress when grow up.

So DeokSan will be another male lead. I thought that guy always played father or uncle? So does his age in this drama around HaKin & first sister. HaKin bro maybe don't have look but his OK. Kinda remind me with the guy in TV Novel drama before Beautiful Days.

Guest b00kw0rm

and I'm really not comfortable with Hakin's ways of handling things either. He gets this really crazy look sometimes ... must be the mom's genes or something.

LOL :tongue2: Is this the first time you have seen this actor? The first time I saw him act in another show I thought he was sinister and going to do something crazy. Now I am quite used to his crazy look! I think its in the eyes!

But I am also not liking Hakin with Inok too much.

I wish Insu wasn't such a demanding person. She should know how difficult it is for Inok to raise that $ and to just say that she is entitled to 1/3 of the house. Yes, but did your college tuition come out of the 1/3. No, it didn't so why is she always mentally adding up plus and minuses, who owes her, who appreciates her, etc.

I miss the young Inok and Insu and the cutie Deoksan!

The casting is very bad. Now Deoksan looks older than his aunt! And the evil Mrs Kim seems to have found the secret to stop ageing. Is that how she turned her family fortune around :tongue2:

I agree! The sawmill boss looked old enough to be the young Deoksan's grandmother. Now that Deoksan has grown up and she hasn't aged, she looks right to play his mother. The aunt now looks like they are the same age.

And Deoksan's friend who is in the same age group as Deoksan and Hakin said he's almost 40 years old. So Inok is also around that age right? Insu is just a few years younger than Inok but she's a University student. It doesn't say if she's going for her first degree or higher studies. But her friend, Hakin's sister is obviously going for a first degree! And the sweetie Inae who's 13 years younger than Inok and Insu is now sweet 16.

Very poor casting or super poor mathematics!

heya chingus!

can't help but giggle when everybody said Deoksan turned old and ajjussiish..

i still follow this drama coz the storyline and sceneries are awesome..

anybody seen Hakin in the CSI-korean style drama? or is it on air now??..

well, so Insu will be having a child i wonder whose the dad..Uhyeok??

i hope Inok moves to Seoul too...

heya chingus!

can't help but giggle when everybody said Deoksan turned old and ajjussiish..

i still follow this drama coz the storyline and sceneries are awesome..

anybody seen Hakin in the CSI-korean style drama? or is it on air now??..

well, so Insu will be having a child i wonder whose the dad..Uhyeok??

i hope Inok moves to Seoul too...

Inez, what CSI-K style show is this? I like watching CSI so I want to catch this show too!

Exupery, now its my turn with the recording machine. Funny it taped some other show though I checked that everything was set to KBS World and the time was corrrect. Start of a spooky tale...

As usual today's episode is crazy-sad...i wish Inok's family didn't have to do anything with Hakin's family..

Insu was abducted because of Hakgyu and Inok's dilemma with Hakin..

and Insu took care of Hakgyu only to be blamed and bashed verbally by his horrid mom..

Pinto..i think it's KPSI or something..is this a movie?..i thought it's a drama?...i'm a CSI fan too!!

http://www.magazinet.co.kr/Articles/articl...mp;mm=003001000

Guest b00kw0rm

I agree that the sisters should stay far away from the Kim family. The father has a kind heart but he is so despicably weak.

As usual today's episode is crazy-sad...i wish Inok's family didn't have to do anything with Hakin's family..

Insu was abducted because of Hakgyu and Inok's dilemma with Hakin..

and Insu took care of Hakgyu only to be blamed and bashed verbally by his horrid mom..

Pinto..i think it's KPSI or something..is this a movie?..i thought it's a drama?...i'm a CSI fan too!!

http://www.magazinet.co.kr/Articles/articl...mp;mm=003001000

Thanks, Inez. I'll be looking out for the CSI show!

What a contrast between the two brothers.

Mrs Kim berates the sisters in-front of Hakin. Inok fights back and Hakin tells both women to can it!

Mrs Kim scolds Insu in front of Harkgu (or whatever his name is). He asks his Mum who is she to scold them, why is she always blaming the sisters for everything!

I'm feeling more and more than Harkin doesn't love Inok but sees it as paying back a debt to her deceased Dad for saving his life.

Insu made it clear she didn't want Hakgyu to get between her and Uhyeok..

Hakgyu probably will leave town..

Hakin is trying to buy over Inok's house from the buyer saying he will stay there after he's married to Inok..

Deoksan's mom wants to know why Deoksan is concerned over Inok..my sis said she saw some fliers that Inok and Deoksan will get married..???

Guest b00kw0rm

Insu made it clear she didn't want Hakgyu to get between her and Uhyeok..

Hakgyu probably will leave town..

Hakin is trying to buy over Inok's house from the buyer saying he will stay there after he's married to Inok..

Deoksan's mom wants to know why Deoksan is concerned over Inok..my sis said she saw some fliers that Inok and Deoksan will get married..???

I wanted to smack Hakin for telling his Mum about his plans. Nothing good will come out of her knowing.

Deoksan has always been in love with Inok. Yesterday when he helped her to wipe her skirt, she didn't push him away. I thought that was quite revealing about what Inok feels for Deoksan.

So far, Deoksan is a better person than Hakin. But I think his family would also object to the eldest son marrying a poor maid. I think they are taking advantage of poor Inok... she cleans, cooks, handles paperwork, accounting etc. They are definitely not paying her enough and not giving her enough recognition.

So far, Deoksan is a better person than Hakin. But I think his family would also object to the eldest son marrying a poor maid. I think they are taking advantage of poor Inok... she cleans, cooks, handles paperwork, accounting etc. They are definitely not paying her enough and not giving her enough recognition.

yeah..i think Inok is so overworked, mistreated and the reason she is so skinny...

tho i didn't watch today's episode (the cable guys did some work and everything's disrupted for a few hours this morning..darn!) but my sis told me the horrendous Mrs Kim 'attacked' the Song sisters verbally again..she picked on Inok for Hakin's decision to buy her house..and Deoksan met Hakin and told him to never give Inok hard times again..she was sure Deoksan will end up marrying Inok..hmm..Yes..i think Deoksan is a better person than Hakin..(i always wish AND imagine..Deoksan is Lee SiHwan or Kim JiHun or anybody..younger.. :wacko: but Kim Ilu is a fine actor..)..

yeah..i think Inok is so overworked, mistreated and the reason she is so skinny...

tho i didn't watch today's episode (the cable guys did some work and everything's disrupted for a few hours this morning..darn!) but my sis told me the horrendous Mrs Kim 'attacked' the Song sisters verbally again..she picked on Inok for Hakin's decision to buy her house..and Deoksan met Hakin and told him to never give Inok hard times again..she was sure Deoksan will end up marrying Inok..hmm..Yes..i think Deoksan is a better person than Hakin..(i always wish AND imagine..Deoksan is Lee SiHwan or Kim JiHun or anybody..younger.. :wacko: but Kim Ilu is a fine actor..)..

Well, it was a pretty slow day. Insu again told Hakgyu to leave her alone. She is also having second thoughts about going overseas for her studies as she can't bear to be apart from Uhyeok.

Inok is not happy that Hakin wants to buy her house and intends to live there with her (and Inae) after their marriage. She says his mother would never agree to it and he must remember his responsibilities as the eldest son. Now here, I feel like smacking Inok! Hello, he has always been the eldest son and his mother has always objected to her. So why did she allow herself to get emotionally entangled with him and even became engaged? Sometimes the way the characters go to-and-fro on an issue can really annoy me !

Mrs Kim goes to Inok's house to berate her for forcing Hakin to buy her house. She forgot how grateful she was to Insu just 2 episodes ago and greets her with "oh, you are also here!". While she is screaming at Inok, Hakgyu walks in and literally carries his Mum away :tongue2:

I agree that Kim Ilu is a great actor. This is the 3rd drama I have seen him in. 3 very different roles and he's good in this role as he was in the other two! But I still miss the young hottie Deoksan with the to-die-for dimples :tongue2:

Inok is not happy that Hakin wants to buy her house and intends to live there with her (and Inae) after their marriage. She says his mother would never agree to it and he must remember his responsibilities as the eldest son. Now here, I feel like smacking Inok! Hello, he has always been the eldest son and his mother has always objected to her. So why did she allow herself to get emotionally entangled with him and even became engaged? Sometimes the way the characters go to-and-fro on an issue can really annoy me !

Actually, I think what Inok was inferring to is Hakin is putting her in a bad position because as the eldest son it is a given in Korean culture that he will live with his parents and that his wife will have to do her duty as their daughter in law. I don't think Inok ever thought that if she married Hakin they are going to live apart from his parents no matter how badly the mom treated her. So that's her objection. And as usual the thoughtless Hakin kept putting her in difficult positions because I really don't know why he doesn't learn by now that whenever he goes against his mom ... it's the Song sisters that get the brunt of her fury. :tongue2:

I don't think Deoksan's mom will object to her son marrying Inok because of her lowly status of being their house help but I think her concern is that Inok & Hakin are like almost engaged in the townsfolk mind and her son might be seen as coming between them. She seems like a pretty reasonable lady and she loves Deoksan in her own way. The thing is ... Deoksan is a widower and therefore I think the mom won't strongly object to him marrying Inok if that is his wish. I think in her own way she might have admired Inok ... after all she did raise up Insu & In-ae all on her own.

Anyway, I seriously dislike everyone in the Kim family. The Song girls really should disassociate from them but then there wouldn't be anymore drama would it? :lol:

I think it's terrible that Insu is having second thoughts about leaving now because of Woo-hyuk ... seems like she will probably just blamed it on other things like it's because of Inok etc ... etc... that she's not leaving instead of saying it's because of a man. Tsk tsk ...

I wonder what illness does that Woo-hyuk guy has. :unsure: Sounds like he has some terminal disease?

Archived