[Drama 2008] My Pitiful Sister / Big Sister 큰언니

Guest huangsy

The title is so apt - she's really pititful for having such selfish, ungrateful and heartless sisters! That wilful daughter of Inok will be even ruder to her once she finds out her twin brother isn't really her brother at all, but a cousin! And she'll be so jealous to learn that he's the son of the doctor she looks up to and will yell at her mom as to why she couldn't be Insu's daughter instead of Inok's.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i cant resist myself to watch the latest episodes 110.... and i wanna kick Uje hard finally he dropped the bomb on insu telling her of inok's doing towards his late brother, poor inok cant seem to be free from problems all her life....Uje shld be grateful that inok looks after his nephew all this years but i am not really sure whether if he knew that Inoks' son is actually is his brother's son...i think the actor who played Uje is not a good actor his facial expression is like frozen and really it put me off ....i want this drama to end soon, dont have the heart to see inok suffer all her life....i feel so sad for her that i avoid continue watching this drama only watch on and off cuz i am curious to find out how will be the end for Inok and her family....

Guest b00kw0rm

Today's episode got me all teary..poor Inok..she was devastated ..after everything she had done for Insu.. :tears:

Next episode Insu gets a nasty shock to find out how hard Inok is doing for her family..and Inok never wants to see Insu..

Yes, I agree Inok shouldn't see Insu. EVER! What b.s. did Insu give Hakin that she claimed to have grown up in an orphanage and no-one helped her because she didn't want them to be bothered by the press. If that was true, she would have contacted them and warned them about it. She thinks her background is some national secret that the media cannot uncover? Or that her sisters are country bumpkins who do not watch tv or read newspapers/magazines, etc?!

i cant resist myself to watch the latest episodes 110.... and i wanna kick Uje hard finally he dropped the bomb on insu telling her of inok's doing towards his late brother, poor inok cant seem to be free from problems all her life....Uje shld be grateful that inok looks after his nephew all this years but i am not really sure whether if he knew that Inoks' son is actually is his brother's son...i think the actor who played Uje is not a good actor his facial expression is like frozen and really it put me off ....i want this drama to end soon, dont have the heart to see inok suffer all her life....i feel so sad for her that i avoid continue watching this drama only watch on and off cuz i am curious to find out how will be the end for Inok and her family....

I can't stand this stupid Uje. After 14 years, he is still harping on this?! And esp. after all he forgot the last thing his brother asked him to do. And don't tell me that stupid Inae just bought everything he said?

Yah, he has two expressions .. either wooden expression or the classic eyeball popping expression :lol: Only recently Inok was telling Deokgi that she owes Deoksan her life. She was thinking of Insu' son. And here all these trouble makers are just stirring the pot :angry:

What will happen to Deoksan?...i have a feeling he's not well..imagine, he works in a construction site and Deokgi is Asst President(?) of that company..can Hakgyu give him some office job??

Insu has a feeling Inok is taking care of her son too....this drama is going to make me weep.. :mellow:

Why is Insu so shocked to hear that Inok has 2 children? I mean she acted like she hadn't expected her son to be with Inok. Had she expected Inok to dump her baby at an orphanage the same way she abandoned her son without a second look. I'm hating her more and more every episode!

Yesterday, one thing I noticed from watching the rerun of Lovers was that Kang Uje was in this drama was the young Jung Chan. Also I can't get over how much he looks like Lee Dong Gun.

Oh he also had a cameo in Soulmate. I think it was in ep2 or 3

at last....spoiler alert .....jiho found out the truth in episode 104 and from the clips of the subsequent episode seems like the mr eyeball telling jiho something abt inok's doing towards his brother and i got the feeling all blame will be put onto inok's shoulder once again....if jiho at least got a healthy brain i hope he can think rationally and realise of inok's sacrifices all this years where all the adults especially Insu and Mr eyeball failed to see.....i really wanna kick punched and slapped mr eyeball and insu real hard for all this mess....my heart goes out to the grandmum she's such a wonderful and understanding person even after she knew the truth abt jiho....

Oh, the annoying nurse had a role in Lovers as Kim Jung-eun's good friend who worked in the plastic surgery centre.

exactly the face..somehow i feel she had gone under the knife too..i dont understand her character in this drama ..is she supposed to be funny?..coz i'm not laughing.. :wacko: Anyhow, she can marry Hakin..full blessings from his mother ofcoz..

Asianspirit, thanks for the spoiler's allert..is Insu sick??..wait, she's not back to die or to look for her son is she??? :unsure: ..

Guest eelbakeeil

Even though watching Inok suffer so much is painful, I think the show does really good job in showing that good and deserving people don't always win (Inok), selfish (Inok) and hateful (Hakin's mom) often succeed, and that life is never certain.

Insu deserves to be banished, but everything will be redeemed and everyone will move on together I am sure because K dramas are always like that. The endings are never realistic in my opinion.

Guest b00kw0rm

at last....spoiler alert .....jiho found out the truth in episode 104 and from the clips of the subsequent episode seems like the mr eyeball telling jiho something abt inok's doing towards his brother and i got the feeling all blame will be put onto inok's shoulder once again....if jiho at least got a healthy brain i hope he can think rationally and realise of inok's sacrifices all this years where all the adults especially Insu and Mr eyeball failed to see.....i really wanna kick punched and slapped mr eyeball and insu real hard for all this mess....my heart goes out to the grandmum she's such a wonderful and understanding person even after she knew the truth abt jiho....

Thanks, Asianspirit!

Even if Mr Eyeball doesn't have ulterior motives, I don't see why Inae would want him. But I guess for 30 years she has never even gone on a date so he is looking mighty fine to her, eyeball and all :tongue2:

I hope that other than Deoksan and his mother, that her children will stand by Inok. Insu and Eyeball are selfish, thinking only of themselves. But what is Inae's role in all this? She was there - she knew what Deoksan did to raise Jiho as his son. I hope she is not just simply going along with blaming Inok for everything. Sometimes she acts like a piece of fluff. I have not liked her character for sometime so I hope she redeems herself by defending and giving support to Inok.

What makes Insu think she has the right to waltz in and look for the son she abandoned 14 years ago. She kept saying how much she suffered. Like now, she wants the son so its just time to put everything aside. And she had told Inok that she could not call for 14 years so suddenly its alright to reappear? And she asked Inok why she should now be invisible to the rest of the family? Really, she has no shame. And that Eyeball is such a piece of slime. What right does he have to talk to an impressionable teenager about Inok? In the first place, its been 14 years and he is still holding on to his anger. What a pathetic man. If Inae wants this loser, she better hope she doesn't do anything to upset him as he will remember forever! I hate Eyeball more than Insu.

I think Mrs. Kim may lose her fortune since she likes dabbling in shares. I'm sure the 2 cons would have something to do with it. It's high time that crook gets thrown into jail for what he did to Deoksan. Maybe his wife will turn up one day to pay back Deoksan for all he lost. Hope to see Mrs Kim gets her just desserts very soon!

Insu decided not to wear her wig. Nobody noticed! Since it doesn't look like she went for chemo, why need to wear a wig? She talks as if she still has a right to claim her son after 14 years. And she said as if her presence would have prevented Uhyeok from dying! Is she really a qualified doctor? Earlier she claimed that she became a doctor because she wanted to help sick people and could do more as a doctor than as a nurse. however, her icy disdain and utter scorn on everyone who passes her path belies her words.

I have the feeling that Uje is out for revenge on Inok. He's probably going to make Inae fall in love with him and then dump her. But then, he wouldn't reckon on falling in love with Inae - an event I'm positive will happen.

He wouldn't dare. Not now anyway. He cares too much. I'm sure at the beginning it was about revenge, but somewhere along the way he fell for her. I feel bad for the guy, I mean what's he supposed to do now that Inae wants him to meet her sister? How's he gonna tell her that Inok was the reason Uhyeok left leading to Insu giving up her baby...which he doesn't know about yet. Right now he sincerely cares for Inae. He thought to himself, after Inae had left his classroom in episode 90, "What can I do? I can't hate you Inae-shi. Is it ok to like you?" Personally I feel for the guy. Although I don't know how he or Insu is going to react to finding out that Yi Jiho is in fact Insu's "dead"baby boy. I feel bad for Inae too. She doesn't know anything about Uje's past with Insu and Inok. ='[ poor kids. they're kinda like romeo and juliet.

true. but in recent episodes he's started to be a lot looser around Inae. He's smiling more and laughing. And crying too. but you're right, this drama needs to end already. still, i feel bad for Inae and Uje. Although I was happy, and I knew from the very moment that he and Inae met again, that even though he knew who her sister's were he loved her anyway. It's bittersweet.

Yesterday, one thing I noticed from watching the rerun of Lovers was that Kang Uje was in this drama was the young Jung Chan. Also I can't get over how much he looks like Lee Dong Gun.

dude, i totally just realized that. wow they look eerily similar. funny how that works when they're not even related. =]

Now i dont know how to describe my feelings towards Insu..she came back for her son in full guilt..Seriously, i feel for Deoksan's mom..she truly loves the boy for anything else..And Jiho's cute innocent smiles are miles apart from his real mom..Jihyun's attitude fits Insu's perfectly..

hmm..is it me or Hagkyu is getting hotter by the day..must be that white crispy shirt and corporate suit and being a smart boss and all..and his love for Insu never dies too..

Darn that cripply Gitae still thinks he can rule the town..and Hakin starts to fancy the nurse too..

Same goes for Inae..but will it work for Inae n Uje since Uje has something on his mind..i agree with kapneemo..they're like Romeo n Juliet..

Guest b00kw0rm

Now i dont know how to describe my feelings towards Insu..she came back for her son in full guilt..Seriously, i feel for Deoksan's mom..she truly loves the boy for anything else..And Jiho's cute innocent smiles are miles apart from his real mom..Jihyun's attitude fits Insu's perfectly..

hmm..is it me or Hagkyu is getting hotter by the day..must be that white crispy shirt and corporate suit and being a smart boss and all..and his love for Insu never dies too..

Darn that cripply Gitae still thinks he can rule the town..and Hakin starts to fancy the nurse too..

Same goes for Inae..but will it work for Inae n Uje since Uje has something on his mind..i agree with kapneemo..they're like Romeo n Juliet..

I agree .. Hagkyu is becoming a really super hottie :)

Hakin is welcome to the nurse. If he ends up with her, they will both be clowns .. but somehow 'annoying' type. I've never found the nurse to be funny at all.

Somehow I don't like Uje. Maybe he is so stiff and wooden that I don't find anything appealing about him. Well maybe the fact that he looks like a certain sweet someone is in his favour but that's all!

On one hand, yes, I agree that it was kinda mean of Inok to tell Insu that her son died. But goodness, Insu thinks she can just waltz in and claim him. After 14 years. She thinks that gives her the right. What about she never even looked at him when he was a baby? And I don't know how come Deoksan so easily said that that they should return Jiho to Insu as though Jiho is some kind of parcel they just safely kept for Insu. The fact that Inok struggles with the pain she is causing Insu and struggles to do what is right for Jiho whom she loves like a son shows she really loves both of them.

Archived