[Drama 2008] My Pitiful Sister / Big Sister 큰언니

Guest huangsy

Guest b00kw0rm

The No. 1 on my hate list is still Mrs Kim! She saw Inok being scolded for not wanting to serve liquour yet she told Hakin that Inok is serving liquour. And added that she never makes up stories. As if! :crazy:

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest b00kw0rm

okay, now I am officially upset with Inae too! 16-years old ... neither a child, nor an adult. but if she persists on acting like a child then she should be treated like one.

And unbelievable as it sounds, Hakin has grown even more useless. He actually told his Dad to go easy on the Mum since the issue over Inok's house was a done deal?! Good grief. And he asked Inok why did she move to the sawmill. "don't you trust me?". He is asking Inok to live on love and fresh air. If he was so concerned over where she would live since HIS Mum threw her out of the house,he should have done something about it. its a wonder Inok hasn't run away. Hakin and her sisters are a real pain.

Deoksan's brother is going to be swindled by a master swindler. Ah, sweet justice :tongue2: When will Mrs Kim meet Karma?

I found today's episode rather strange. Inok asked Mrs Kim if it was really true that she accepted money for selling baby Inae. Didn't Inok find out about it when she went to get baby Inae back? Didn't she then go to Mrs Kim and screamed at her, asking how she could sell her sisters and demanding to know who she sold Insu to? And didn't a grown-up Inok reminded her of that incident just a few episodes ago? Am I losing my memory or is the scriptwriter losing hers?!

As for Inae, how come it never occurred to her think that even if it was true that Inok didn't want the responsibility of raising Inae and even if she sold her, obviously she had a change of heart since Inae grew up with her. How comes that never figured in her thoughts? Its like all those years meant nothing to her, to so easily place more weight on what someone else says. Someone whom she despises as a person who has shown unreasonable behaviour to her sisters!

Insu is supposed to leave in 9-days. And according to the synopsis before she leaves, she leaves her baby to Inok to raise? Interesting to see if she is going to delay her departure for at least 9 months or is the synopsis wrong?

Inae has shown she could be as mean and self-centred as Insu! What has happened to the sweet and understanding sister from earlier on? She keeps nagging her sister to move out. Why couldn't she see how hard Inok is trying to make ends meet? she's angry with Inok for giving her up for adoption, she's angry with Inok for selling the house, she's angry with Inok for working in the bar and she's angry with Inok for wanting to move to Seoul with Hakin! To me, she's even meaner to Inok than Insu!

Guest b00kw0rm

I agree, Monalisa. She lents her ears to others esp. listening when its something bad about Inok but doesn't want to listen to Inok herself. To me, she is even more of a disappointment than Hakin. Insu is quite grown up these day!

It looks like Inok is accepting the proposal of Deoksan's Mum! While I am happy that she is going ot marry Deoksan, i wish it wasn't this way. She could have just chosen to break up with Hakin. She didn't have to marry Deoksan when she is so in love with that useless Hakin. If I had any doubts that perhaps Hakin should marry Inok, it went away when Hakin asked Deoksan's Mum what Inok has to be so upset about. I like the look she gave him.

It looks like Inae will end up with Uhyeok's brother. (BTW, in an earlier episode when Insu told Uhyeok how Inok raised her and Inae, Uhyeok replied that he raised his little sister. So I wonder if there is a little sister hidden somewhere or did uhyeok's brother go for a sex-change operation! :tongue2: I wonder if Insu will end up with Hakin or Hyagyu. On paper, she and Hakin are better-educated and more capable than their siblings. But they are also more self-centered, less giving and have lower EQ. a perfect match!

It looks like Inok is accepting the proposal of Deoksan's Mum! While I am happy that she is going ot marry Deoksan, i wish it wasn't this way. She could have just chosen to break up with Hakin. She didn't have to marry Deoksan when she is so in love with that useless Hakin. If I had any doubts that perhaps Hakin should marry Inok, it went away when Hakin asked Deoksan's Mum what Inok has to be so upset about. I like the look she gave him.

Isn't it weird how they speed up the marriage thing in both KBS morning drama? Before I heard Inok agree to it ... Deoksan's annoying aunt has already broadcasted it to that Headmaster who passed on the news to Hakin's dad etc... :wacko:

I think the way Inok sees it the only way to get Hakin to give up for good is by marrying Deoksan? Because if she just breaks up with him ... then Hakin can refuse to accept it and still persists. That's why she was thinking of moving away so he can't find them but then they will have to start all over again somewhere else and Inok is probably also considering Inae who told her earlier that she refused to move from Yangpyeong. And I think she's not that adverse to Deoksan and he seemed to have loved her forever and she's indebted to his mom etc... I agree though it shouldn't be this way because she's like not totally over Hakin ... I wonder if she will ever totally get over him but I sure hope she does ... for now I'm happy she's marrying Deoksan although I wonder if now that she's marrying him ... he will later turn into this unreasonable jealous husband later on and start giving Inok pain despite his claims ... :ph34r:

(BTW, in an earlier episode when Insu told Uhyeok how Inok raised her and Inae, Uhyeok replied that he raised his little sister. So I wonder if there is a little sister hidden somewhere or did uhyeok's brother go for a sex-change operation! :tongue2:

LOL ... I know!!! I think the translator never check with the scriptwriter on whether it's a brother or sister. Tsk tsk ... if he/she only get to translate each episode as it's released without knowing the casts in advance ... then it's an understandable mistake because in Korean a younger sibling is called dongseng whether it's a girl or boy so I guess the translator just make a guess & put it as girl.

And isn't it weird that Inae has just snapped out of her whirlwind tantrum ... it's even weirder that she suddenly takes a liking for Deoksan just because he had her radio repaired?? Or did I miss out on something while pressing the FF button? kekeke

Guest b00kw0rm

And isn't it weird that Inae has just snapped out of her whirlwind tantrum ... it's even weirder that she suddenly takes a liking for Deoksan just because he had her radio repaired?? Or did I miss out on something while pressing the FF button? kekeke

Its too weird that I can't look at Inae without feeling suspicious. Like she's a time bomb about to go off at any moment.

The evil Mrs Kim said to herself that in a short while she will own the sawmill. I hope Deoksan's irritating Aunt doesn't blame Inok for the family's misfortune. If that happens, I will make a trip to Yangpyeong and and arrange a marriage between the Aunt and Hakin. Take that Mrs Kim :tongue2:

I feel sorry for Insu having to watch a loved one die and not being able to help them. However I feel that she should have informed Inok of her decision herself. Did she think that if she didn't turn up in Germany, no-one would check? She should have informed her sister herself. As well as check with the university if she could delay her studies. After all if they have sufficient notice, they might have time to offer the scholarship to the next deserving student. And I didn't like it when she said that for the first time she experienced love. I hope its just the translation! And that Insu was referring to the love between a man and a woman. Otherwise, is Insu trying to say her parents never loved her, that her sisters never loved her? Surely not! When Inok told her that she too got married, her response was just a "what?" and no interest to ask any questions!

After her marriage, Inok seems to be more confident. But there's also a hardness about her. I didn't like the way she brushed aside Insu's feelings and said that she herself is an example that love isn't enough. The way she handled the situation is like she has taken Mrs Kim as her role model!

i dont like what insu did and i dont even feel sorry for her ...i think she's very irresponsible and selfish altho i understand abt the situations still i think she only think abt herself, inok has been thru so much even gave up alot and sacrficed for her two sisters and i think her reaction is justified...and now insu is pregnant i got the feeling she will once again burden Inok with the Baby and go to germany to further her studies....she's one self centred girl...

Mrs kim should snapped out from being so herself everything abt Hakin she put the blame on Inok even after Inok married Deoksan...i feel like pulling out her hair totally cant stand her attitude...

when will this drama end ???

Guest b00kw0rm

It seems like Mrs Kim, more than Hakin is fixated on Inok :tongue2:

I think both sisters mishandled the situation, but Insu much more than Inok. Insu is very selfish. Even the way she married and cared for Uhyeok. She just overrides what he wants and does what she wants. Ties it up with a nice bow by calling it "love".

I think she will dump her baby on Inok. and years later, she will forget to be grateful and dump more toxin on Inok when she finds out about Inok's last conversation with Uhyeok. I'm sure the brother with the amazing ability to pop out his eyeballs will sure tell her and Inae.

It seems like Mrs Kim, more than Hakin is fixated on Inok :tongue2:

I think both sisters mishandled the situation, but Insu much more than Inok. Insu is very selfish. Even the way she married and cared for Uhyeok. She just overrides what he wants and does what she wants. Ties it up with a nice bow by calling it "love".

I think she will dump her baby on Inok. and years later, she will forget to be grateful and dump more toxin on Inok when she finds out about Inok's last conversation with Uhyeok. I'm sure the brother with the amazing ability to pop out his eyeballs will sure tell her and Inae.

Mrs Kim and Gitae the Jerk make such great company.

Couldn't agree more with you on Inok n Insu. Still, i wish Inok would let Insu met Uhyeok for the last time..and now Uje will surely have bigger fiery eyes..(i am swooning actually..)..

So looks like Hakin will have a new friend?..(she looks abit better than the undernourished Inok..and he's better by the seaside/island than being a pathetic doctor..)

i can't wait to see the sisters' kids...and Deoksan makes such a wonderful kind hubby...i am getting used to the ajjushi look anyway.. :blush:

Guest b00kw0rm

Mrs Kim and Gitae the Jerk make such great company.

Couldn't agree more with you on Inok n Insu. Still, i wish Inok would let Insu met Uhyeok for the last time..and now Uje will surely have bigger fiery eyes..(i am swooning actually..)..

So looks like Hakin will have a new friend?..(she looks abit better than the undernourished Inok..and he's better by the seaside/island than being a pathetic doctor..)

i can't wait to see the sisters' kids...and Deoksan makes such a wonderful kind hubby...i am getting used to the ajjushi look anyway.. :blush:

Oh Inez, I think the little brother is kinda cute. except when his eyeballs are popping out whenever he thnks of Inok! Why is he turning up now after so many months? Kinda strange.

And I also find it rather odd that Inok and esp. Insu have not considered that Uhyeok might be dead. Uhyeok and Hakin told Insu that there is no cure and not much time left for him. And Inok told him to either make Insu leave or go somewhere where she can't find him. Then now she acts like hmmp, bad husband, where has he gone? I wish I know Korean so I could really know whether its the scriptwriters who have problems remembering who said what or whether its all boils down to poor translation.

Insu asked Inok if it was easy for her to give up Insu and Inae when Inok was 13 years old. Then she says Inok is not sympathetic to her plight or why bring up the past? :crazy: About to deliver or not, she needs a good shake to wake her up.

Yah, I was wondering too if that is Hakin's new love interest. I so want Hakin to marry a woman who will make Mrs Kim regret that she does not have Inok for a DIL :tongue2: Deoksan takes such good care of Inok. I hope she grows to love him and be really happy with him.

i think insu dont deserved the scholarship to study in Germany ...i hate everything that she does, as a student she may be smart and successful with her academic result and all but as a person she failed badly... she does things without even think abt the consequences, i can bet she will leave her child with someone else to take care and will starts to think abt her future.......and actually i am very tired watching inok she always put someone else above herself, she's a very bad disciplinarian thats why insu turns out like that...her character is very weak always being bullied by others ...

deoksan will be good to inok i'm very confident of that...i am very curious to find out

if inok son is actually insu's...cuz the current episodes inok have 2 child with the son being the eldest

the little brother is cute but gosh his big fiery eyes is a turn off... :wacko:

Hmmn... Inok is becoming a tyrant like Mrs Kim because her dear hubby is so accommodating to her like Mr Kim is so hen pecked? :ph34r:

I too wonder at her memory lost ... she was the one who told Woo-hyeok to hide from Insu and gave him this really pretty cruel sounding lecture ... then claimed to Deoksan she didn't know Woo-hyeok would actually do what she suggested ... hellooo ... you were pretty much stabbing the sick guy by using the guilt tactic on him and then you didn't think he'll listen to you? Then now ... she told Insu she had only herself to blame for giving up everything for someone who deserted her. :crazy: Does she even have a conscience? Seriously ... the Song sisters are not that likable at all.

I think Insu will find out what Inok did from Woo-jae & that will justify her dumping her kid on Inok ... she'll jump at laying the blame on Inok and telling her she owe it to her to take care of the baby. And Inok totally deserves Insu's hate ... I still can't get over how confidently she told Woo-hyeok that she's 100% convinced Insu will regret giving up on going to Germany for him and that he should let her go.

The characters in this drama have really screwed up rationale & justifications for things that happen.

The characters in this drama have really screwed up rationale & justifications for things that happen.

god i totally agreed with you....

while watching today's episeode i felt like strangling inok , slapping insu left and right ...and give a hard blow to Mrs Kim until she knocked out till the drama ends....i totally cant stand Mrs Kim obsessiveness with her son Hakin, aigoo why bother to give birth to another 2 children when her live revolves abt Hakin 24/7 and ignore the rest of her other children emotionally and physically...

kang uje also got on my nerves...he and insu make a perfect couple both are selfish alien ...how can he said to Inae that Inok is the person made him unhappy and left alone and how she's living well and there he is sad and pathectic looking...altho he did not mention Inok's name to Inae...oh gawd what was the writers thinking when they came out with all this characters in the drama....

This drama should be entitled My Stupid Sister instead of My Pitiful sister..cuz now i dun feel any pity towards Inok at all......she have to let go and let Insu handle her own mess and let her learn the hardway of her actions consequences...just like Mrs Kim, Inok too is so obsessed towards her sisters...and there's is no tinge of gratefulness shown on her by Insu...

cant wait for this drama to end...

kang uje also got on my nerves...he and insu make a perfect couple both are selfish alien ...how can he said to Inae that Inok is the person made him unhappy and left alone and how she's living well and there he is sad and pathectic looking...altho he did not mention Inok's name to Inae...oh gawd what was the writers thinking when they came out with all this characters in the drama....

This drama should be entitled My Stupid Sister instead of My Pitiful sister..cuz now i dun feel any pity towards Inok at all......she have to let go and let Insu handle her own mess and let her learn the hardway of her actions consequences...just like Mrs Kim, Inok too is so obsessed towards her sisters...and there's is no tinge of gratefulness shown on her by Insu...

cant wait for this drama to end...

I totally agree.

I see no purpose in Kang uje's visit except as a means to vent his anger and frustration. And in doing so, he will not honour his dying brother's second last request to him. So much for loving the big brother so much that 200 days later he forgets what he promised him. BTW did anyone notice that when Inae saw him, for just a nanosecond her eyeballs too popped out of her head. Gee, I can see this couple, dancing eyeball to eyeball. Gross!

I started disliking Inok from the moment she spoke to Woo-hyeok the way Mrs Kim speaks to her. Shouldn't her own experience teach her to be more understanding of others in the same situation? Instead she wants everyone to do as she has done.

Inok also has to bear the blame for Insu's selfishness. How come she can let Insu go for her doctorate, to the point of selling their house for her? Insu could justify it by saying to Hakin's sister that with a basic degree she can't go far. That's a lot more than Inok has. She should have worked after getting her basic degree. Even if she doesn't support Inok, at least Inok would not then have to bear additional financial responsibility. I understood why she could not go to Germany. But I don't like the way she handled the situation since. But now I don't see that Inok is that much better than Insu.

omg...omg today's episode sealed the retardness brain of insu....omo i can't comprehend the justification of leaving one's child which was the result of her luv with woo hyeok..where is the rational behind insu's decision...she's the one who initiated the marriage and talked abt having children with the man she love altho she knew the man is dying and yet abandoned it after it materialised...gooodness me and what was Deoksan thinkng when he told gitae's wife that the baby is his and gave a false assumptions that he had an illegitimate child...oh my how can somebody be so stupid as to picked up the messed someone else left behind....wow both Inok and Deoksan will make a very bad disciplinarian to their children...god i didnt know deoksan has the same brain waves as his gullible aka stupid wife...at least Inae who is much younger can see the foolishness of Inok in handling Insu's mini cooperness...

i dont understand the need of insu to abandon his newborn baby..what did she want to achieve by doing that, did she want to continue her studies at this point of time...why the change of heart and mind when she readily abandoned her Germany stint without batting an eyelid...and i thot the moment you see your newborn baby that will give you so much strength and love to care for him/her....gosh insu doesnt deserves to be a mother not a minute even...i dun even feel for her watching her crying her eyes out in her room after she left her baby, whats there to cry when she had the stoned heart of living the little innocent baby..

oh my to quote like what exupery said the characters of this drama really screwed up the rationale and justification of what happened...oh wait not only the characters but the writers included....actually what message and morale of the drama did the writers trying to send out to the audiences..?? with this kind of twisted characters...

Yeah, I too was shocked that Insu abandoned her baby. Esp. since she just the day before poked Inok about abandoning her and Inae years ago! And what was the rationale? If say Woo-hyeok didn't leave her but stayed with her till the end, by the time she gave birth she would still be without him so does that mean that she would abandon the baby even if Woo-hyeok didn't listen to Inok? Where's all that love she was talking about? She was so certain that Woo-hyeok left only because someone made him do so. So why abandon his baby? And for a person who grew up the way she did and who never lets Inok forgets that mistake Inok made, how could she of all people abandon her baby.

And where is the lame brain brother? He seems to have disappeared. So what really was the purpose of his turning up in the first place? I felt like throwing up when he said that because Inok asked Woo-hyeok to hide from Insu, Woo-hyeok died lonely. And he said that because Insu wasn't there, the lame brain brother also felt lonely. Aren't the 2 brothers too much to make a woman responsible for their not being lonely. and doesn't the scriptwriter know that you can be lonely even in a crowd. So what's with all that because of so-and-so, I was lonely. Its you yourself who make your own self lonely. Take responsibility for yourself for pity sake! And if he can't, he should keep his mouth shut because boy, if Mrs Kim knows that he hates Inok and vowed to make her suffer, Mrs Kim will rush to make him her SIL. Then at last she would have the son she always wanted :tongue2:

Deoksan is TOO good to Inok. That's all I can say about his ridiculous lie. I can just imagine. the poor boy will hear from someone that Deoksan is his Dad. He will learn from someone else that Insu is his Mum. And poor boy will need therapy as he can't imagine how Deoksan and Insu could betray Inok in such a bastardy way.

I thought Asianspirit that Inae was right in what she said to Inok. But when Deoksan tried to take the baby away, she stopped him. Ah, the Song sisters are all sharing a brain among them. At least Inok said to Deoksan that Insu isn't that cruel to abandon her baby esp. with the hard life they had as orphans. But Inae's response was that Insu knows how Inae feels about this so she wouldn't do this. Another Song egomaniac!

Deoksan is TOO good to Inok. That's all I can say about his ridiculous lie. I can just imagine. the poor boy will hear from someone that Deoksan is his Dad. He will learn from someone else that Insu is his Mum. And poor boy will need therapy as he can't imagine how Deoksan and Insu could betray Inok in such a bastardy way.

you said it for me pintO..in this strangeness of a drama..i feel for the boy..Deoksan is indeed too good for the Songs..he makes such a good husband and brother-in-law.

Hakin comes and goes..the footlosse n fancy free somewhat confused doc.. :wacko:

Hakgyu might turn out a lot better than him. I like his dad too..

Uje will be more vengeful (but i forgive him for his cuteness..)

and someone should shoot Gitae..

all the strange dudes ..

Archived