[Drama 2008] My Pitiful Sister / Big Sister 큰언니

Guest huangsy

I think even when the truth is revealed, Jiho will choose to remain with Inok and Deoksan. Tho' Hakin's mother likes the nurse, I doubt she would willingly approve of her as a daughter-in-law. If she did, she would have wanted to know more about her personal life and tried to set up a meeting for them. She treats Hakin like gold, so she would want someone 'better' for her precious son. Also, I got the impression that the nurse was once involved with the chubby guy who's now her driver. I dont know how deeply she was involved with him, but I think she still has feelings for that guy.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kei_suke

The chubby driver not her brother ? :unsure:

I'm agree with you all Hagkyu more gentle n hottie.. since he helped the oldman who had harrasment from bad guys... different with Hakin, the one with no expression... :tongue2:

The chubby driver not her brother ? :unsure:

I'm agree with you all Hagkyu more gentle n hottie.. since he helped the oldman who had harrasment from bad guys... different with Hakin, the one with no expression... :tongue2:

Yeah i thought the slick head is Hakin's nurse's brother too. Anyway, i'm all for Hakgyu than Hakin..he's been Insu's strong pillar all along. When Hakin was whiny when they were kids Hagkyu worked for the family and protected Insu..now he'll marry Insu even if he has to take on his mom..what a dude!. :rolleyes:

Guest kei_suke

I'm so confuse with Gitae now, did Hagkyu promised job for him ? How could he so easily come to their office and look for the contract between Hagkyu and developer Wangsimi ?

And he can hire so many people give harrasment to Insu / Hagkyu ? :unsure:

Today's episode got me sniffy too..while Deoksan thought it's best to 'return' Jiho to Insu, Inok refused to do so for it will hurt alot of people especially Deoksan's mom. She dotted on him too much!..Poor Jiyun..

And yeah i wonder why Gitae can get thugs to beat Hakgyu up..Gitae's all broke n cripply..!

But to see Insu and Hakgyu hugging in the end....i just went awwwwww... :rolleyes:

:w00t: zomg...i almost died when Uje showed up as Inae was about to shred the picture. And then when he professed his love for her....awwww :blush:

alas, nothing in life is ever that romantic. and i feel for them. how can they be together when Uje and her sisters' hate each other...actually is it just Insu who hates him? Or is it Inok too? But, all the secrets...omg. i can't stop picturing that scene in my head, where he pulls Inae into a hug and says in the softest, tenderest, kindest, most loving, somewhat distraught voice, "I love you so much. I love you more than anything. More than you know." Gahh....why aren't ACTUAL real life guys that sweet and romantic? :tears:

:tongue2: damn Insu and her selfishness. first she wants to leave, now she won't because she's probably gonna marry Hakgyu. And who sent the guys to harass Insu? Hagkyu's mom or Gitae?

Notice how she's not staying because her sister freaking pleaded with her to, she's staying because she probably feels grateful and sorry for the Hakgyu protecting her. that or she really loves him. i don't know anymore.

heehee....Inae<3Uje...but it's bittersweet...wonder how she'll react when she finds out all of his dirty secrets.... :ph34r:

Thanks, Asianspirit!

Even if Mr Eyeball doesn't have ulterior motives, I don't see why Inae would want him. But I guess for 30 years she has never even gone on a date so he is looking mighty fine to her, eyeball and all :tongue2:

I hope that other than Deoksan and his mother, that her children will stand by Inok. Insu and Eyeball are selfish, thinking only of themselves. But what is Inae's role in all this? She was there - she knew what Deoksan did to raise Jiho as his son. I hope she is not just simply going along with blaming Inok for everything. Sometimes she acts like a piece of fluff. I have not liked her character for sometime so I hope she redeems herself by defending and giving support to Inok.

What makes Insu think she has the right to waltz in and look for the son she abandoned 14 years ago. She kept saying how much she suffered. Like now, she wants the son so its just time to put everything aside. And she had told Inok that she could not call for 14 years so suddenly its alright to reappear? And she asked Inok why she should now be invisible to the rest of the family? Really, she has no shame. And that Eyeball is such a piece of slime. What right does he have to talk to an impressionable teenager about Inok? In the first place, its been 14 years and he is still holding on to his anger. What a pathetic man. If Inae wants this loser, she better hope she doesn't do anything to upset him as he will remember forever! I hate Eyeball more than Insu.

but can you really hold it against the man? I mean if you think about it, Uhyeok probably would have lasted a little longer if not for Inok telling him off. And then to think that the brother you loved so much, died in your arms as he called out for the woman he loved, whose sister told him off:tears:...I can't blame the guy for holding a grudge. But at least he's not going to hurt Inae. And though he had no right to tell Jiho about what Inok did, because it was/is her place to tell him, Jiho is his nephew after all. So he has some rights. Jiho is all Uje has left of his big brother. Besides, the kid was bound to find out eventually. Better from someone he trusts that some out-of-context rumors on the streets. It's not like Inok was ever going to tell him anyway <_<. If you think about it, Deoksan was probably going to be the one to tell him.

I feel bad for Inae too. She's stuck between a rock and a hard place. How is she supposed to choose between the man she loves, who loves her back and would rather die than hurt her, and the sisters who raised her :unsure:? Though I hope it never comes to that, I know Inae will follow her heart. After all, do you know how long it's taken for the damned fool to admit he loves her, heart and soul? Inae<3Uje... :P

And as for Insu, she has no rights to suddenly re-surface after 14 years without contact, claim she's an ORPHAN and then demand the return of her son. What lunacy! :angry: :fury: :blink: :tongue2:

And who was that girl that kept showing up at the Cafe to work and take care of Uhyeok? Was that his sister or something?

Guest b00kw0rm

but can you really hold it against the man? I mean if you think about it, Uhyeok probably would have lasted a little longer if not for Inok telling him off. And then to think that the brother you loved so much, died in your arms as he called out for the woman he loved, whose sister told him off:tears:...I can't blame the guy for holding a grudge. But at least he's not going to hurt Inae. And though he had no right to tell Jiho about what Inok did, because it was/is her place to tell him, Jiho is his nephew after all. So he has some rights. Jiho is all Uje has left of his big brother. Besides, the kid was bound to find out eventually. Better from someone he trusts that some out-of-context rumors on the streets. It's not like Inok was ever going to tell him anyway <_<. If you think about it, Deoksan was probably going to be the one to tell him.

I feel bad for Inae too. She's stuck between a rock and a hard place. How is she supposed to choose between the man she loves, who loves her back and would rather die than hurt her, and the sisters who raised her :unsure:? Though I hope it never comes to that, I know Inae will follow her heart. After all, do you know how long it's taken for the damned fool to admit he loves her, heart and soul? Inae<3Uje... :P

And as for Insu, she has no rights to suddenly re-surface after 14 years without contact, claim she's an ORPHAN and then demand the return of her son. What lunacy! :angry: :fury: :blink: :tongue2:

And who was that girl that kept showing up at the Cafe to work and take care of Uhyeok? Was that his sister or something?

Inok sold their house to raise funds for Insu to go off to Germany. With the agreement that she and Inae would be allowed to stay on in that house and at some point, buy back that house. As you know, they lost their house. I don't blame Inok for getting angry. Inae was also angry about this. But as usual, like her sister, she blamed Inok. She said Inok lied to her about the details of their house! When Inok spoke to Uhyeok, she had no idea that Uhyeok was dying. Insu knew all along. She should have asked for a postponement of her scholarship and she should have had the courtesy to inform Inok. Not let Inok find out by receiving a phone call from the University wondering why Insu didn't turn up in Germany. Uje doesn't know the whole story but he did promise his brother not to speak of it. And 2 months after his brother died, he said he would make Inok suffer even more than Uhyeok did. And he knew that Uhyeok left Insu yet he can blame Insu for not being there when his brother died. To get angry and all that is fine. But to carry a grudge for 14 years - and such a young man too. I think there is something not right with this kind of person and I wouldn't want anyone I know to marry this kind of man.

When Inok spoke to Uhyeok, Uhyeok said that he understands where Inok is coming from. In her shoes, he would feel and do the same thing. And his last request to his brother was not to stir things up by informing Insu of what Inok said. So he keeps his promise and goes round it by speaking to Jiho? I think even less of him for doing so.

When Inok spoke to Insu, prior to Uhyeok leaving her, Insu told her that she has no plans to go to Germany. She just wants to be with Uhyeok. After Uhyeok left her, Insu told Inok she only wanted to be with him till he died. Inok was surprised at that. She started to tell Insu why Uhyeok left her but Insu didn't give her a chance to speak. If only Insu had handled the situation better. And Uje only thought of his brother. He had no concern for Inok's fears and concern for Insu (not for herself), etc. So no, I don't feel so charitable towards Uje.

I didn't like the way Inae kept telling Inok that how come Inok is not happy to see Insu like she is. Inae is Jiho's aunt regardless whether Inok or Insu is his Mother. To Inok, Jiho is more than Insu's son. He has become her own son. And I don't know how Deoksan can keep saying to her to think of Insu. Inok's whole life has been nothing but thinking of that self-centred ungrateful sister. I am just hoping that Inok's children will stand by her. I am disappointed with Deoksan.

Guest adikkeluangman

I watching this drama on and off nowadays. I just wonder about the timeline of this drama. It started on early '70 rite. Then Inae was awhile at Germany and his son was 14 yo. When today epi at KBSW, the scene when Hakgyu with Inae in the bar there was Richard Marx - Right here Waiting as bgm. OMG. My fav oldies. It was like what early '90.

I watching this drama on and off nowadays. I just wonder about the timeline of this drama. It started on early '70 rite. Then Inae was awhile at Germany and his son was 14 yo. When today epi at KBSW, the scene when Hakgyu with Inae in the bar there was Richard Marx - Right here Waiting as bgm. OMG. My fav oldies. It was like what early '90.

i think you meant Insu.. :) ..not Inae..and i think i've heard that Richard Marx's song being played in so many K/dramas too..

i think you meant Insu.. :) ..not Inae..and i think i've heard that Richard Marx's song being played in so many K/dramas too..

Yup ... luckily I'm a Marx's fan :tongue2:

OMG..it's getting tensed!..Hakgyu and Hakin found out about the things their monstrous mom did!. Hakin came back and gave his mom that famous stare enough to send chills down her spine..but is that it? <_< ..I hope the brothers will do what they have to do!!.. :tongue2:

anyway songs i always hear in k/dramas..'Aubrey' by Bread, 'Let It Be' by Beatles, 'Winds Of Change' by Scorpions', 'You Needed Me' by Anne Murray and today i heard 'Hotel California' by Eagles.. :blush:

Guest kei_suke

look like the gangster who beat Hagkyu not from Gitae but Mrs Kim... :crazy:

At first she doesn't care about Gitae threat but after Hakin star to her..she like snoopy get angry from the master... :blush:

Im curious who will keep Gitae"s mouth now ? Mrs Kim or Hagkyu... :unsure:

look like the gangster who beat Hagkyu not from Gitae but Mrs Kim... :crazy:

At first she doesn't care about Gitae threat but after Hakin star to her..she like snoopy get angry from the master... :blush:

Im curious who will keep Gitae"s mouth now ? Mrs Kim or Hagkyu... :unsure:

yep..and Hakin made it clear he will never see his mom again too..

today's episode moves me so much ..Insu pleading Inok about her son..The best scene has got to be Deoksan's solid punch on Gitae's face!. Oh and power to the Hakgyu/Insu couple!! :)

Guest Bijan630

Hello everyone,

I would like your help. I watched this drama in the beginning and decided to leave it alone once I saw that witch steal the money after Insu's mother died. I knew, that if I watched this drama, I would be screaming at the television. So, here's where I need your help. Give me a good reason why I'm watching this again to find out the witches dirty deeds are slowly being exposed. Tell me why I got sucked back in.....plllleeeaaase.

Thank you.

Inok sold their house to raise funds for Insu to go off to Germany. With the agreement that she and Inae would be allowed to stay on in that house and at some point, buy back that house. As you know, they lost their house. I don't blame Inok for getting angry. Inae was also angry about this. But as usual, like her sister, she blamed Inok. She said Inok lied to her about the details of their house! When Inok spoke to Uhyeok, she had no idea that Uhyeok was dying. Insu knew all along. She should have asked for a postponement of her scholarship and she should have had the courtesy to inform Inok. Not let Inok find out by receiving a phone call from the University wondering why Insu didn't turn up in Germany. Uje doesn't know the whole story but he did promise his brother not to speak of it. And 2 months after his brother died, he said he would make Inok suffer even more than Uhyeok did. And he knew that Uhyeok left Insu yet he can blame Insu for not being there when his brother died. To get angry and all that is fine. But to carry a grudge for 14 years - and such a young man too. I think there is something not right with this kind of person and I wouldn't want anyone I know to marry this kind of man.

When Inok spoke to Uhyeok, Uhyeok said that he understands where Inok is coming from. In her shoes, he would feel and do the same thing. And his last request to his brother was not to stir things up by informing Insu of what Inok said. So he keeps his promise and goes round it by speaking to Jiho? I think even less of him for doing so.

When Inok spoke to Insu, prior to Uhyeok leaving her, Insu told her that she has no plans to go to Germany. She just wants to be with Uhyeok. After Uhyeok left her, Insu told Inok she only wanted to be with him till he died. Inok was surprised at that. She started to tell Insu why Uhyeok left her but Insu didn't give her a chance to speak. If only Insu had handled the situation better. And Uje only thought of his brother. He had no concern for Inok's fears and concern for Insu (not for herself), etc. So no, I don't feel so charitable towards Uje.

I didn't like the way Inae kept telling Inok that how come Inok is not happy to see Insu like she is. Inae is Jiho's aunt regardless whether Inok or Insu is his Mother. To Inok, Jiho is more than Insu's son. He has become her own son. And I don't know how Deoksan can keep saying to her to think of Insu. Inok's whole life has been nothing but thinking of that self-centred ungrateful sister. I am just hoping that Inok's children will stand by her. I am disappointed with Deoksan.

But still, he has every right to be angry at Inok and Insu. And he could hate them for the rest of his natural born life, but out of his deep love for Inae he's forgiving her sisters...sort of. He will always harbor resentment towards both of them. People carry grudgs. ESPECIALLY if the brother who gave everything to raise you, who you loved and respected more than anything, died in your arms and the last words out of his mouth, THE LAST WORDS, were "Insu....". how would you feel?

That's why he hasn't said anything to Inae yet. Because he's respecting his brother's last wishes. And besides, if memory serves Inok knew he was dying. Didn't Insu tell her everything when Inok found out? So she knew, she KNEW that he was dying, and still asked a dying man to leave the woman he loves, whom he married to spend the rest of his short time on this earth with. Inok just didn't know how soon it was going to die. So, honestly, I understand him. Although I don't agree, I understand and I sympathize. He loves his brother, but he also loves the youngest sister of both the women who drove his brother to a lonely death. :tears:

But I am disappointed in Deoksan as well. But more so in Hakin and Hakgyu's mother. The old hag is the reason Inok has been suffering all her life. From the day she became an orphan the old hag hasn't stopped tormenting her. It's like the woman has no conscience. All she cares about is money. She's even willing to sell her own kids out. And how dare she go after Insu as well? I think the bitter, evil old hag needs to be taught a lesson. :tongue2: <_<:angry: :fury:

Hello everyone,

I would like your help. I watched this drama in the beginning and decided to leave it alone once I saw that witch steal the money after Insu's mother died. I knew, that if I watched this drama, I would be screaming at the television. So, here's where I need your help. Give me a good reason why I'm watching this again to find out the witches dirty deeds are slowly being exposed. Tell me why I got sucked back in.....plllleeeaaase.

Thank you.

Hello Bijan..Good to have you here too. :)

Well, we still scream at the tv now tho'..Mrs Kim is still as evil as ever but she made it to the top. She's a sly businesswoman who would do anything even if it hurt her own sons..It's a long way since she stole Inok's mom funeral money..So the reason is still Inok being the most pitiful sister here..Insu is the root of all her problems..Insu's abandoned son Jiho is being raised by her and Deoksan and Deoksan's mom puts Jiho high above anythig else thinking he is really Deoksan's son..so everybody is in a dilemma now..Hakgyu's mom took the sawmill and Deoksan's family assets..Hakgyu knew Jiho is Insu's son and Deoksan is writing a book on Mrs Kim..he found out too about Mrs Kim evil deed on his family..i hope he will write that down...

I think this is the best TV Novel i've watched so far..i dont know if i can give you other good reason..i dont write very well.. :blush:

Guest Bijan630

Alright, I guess I will now watch this until the end just to see everything blow up in the witches face.

Oh, I can't remember the name of the drama, but my first time seeing the lead actress in this drama was a part she played with a sister and a step sister.

Her step father had been embezzling money from her mothers estate, and after finding out about it, confronted her husband. The mother died in a car accident, the step father steals the will that left everything to the daughters. He then lies to them and tells them that he'll take care of them only for them to come home and find all of their furniture left out on the street. Their step father had taken his daughter away and left them homeless.

Any ideas of the name? I know the actor who played the sisters husband was the gentlemen that committed suicide and was found dead in his car this past August.

Archived