[Drama 2008] My Pitiful Sister / Big Sister 큰언니

Guest huangsy

The young version of the rich guy is soooooo cute!!! But how come they pick such an old guy to play the older version of him? :tears: Seriously, I find the young Hakin a bit tiresome at times. Granted he's suffering but I feel like kicking his richard simmons & telling him to move on & do something more productive like looking after ur teacher's family to make up for him dying for you instead lazing around feeling sorry for yourself. And grrr ... his mom is really something!

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

exactly my thoughts exupery!..me n my sis groaned when we looked at the pic of that cute rich boy when he becomes a grown-up..he should be his dad!..i mean like there are so many cuter actors around!! :blink: ..aargh..! :wacko:

Guest pint0

Oh yes, the rich guy is soo cute with his nice smile and kind nature. But I wish Inok wasn't 13 years old. Too young to be dreaming of Hakin in a romantic way.

When I saw the show, I felt Inok should have made Hakin and Insu sit side by side .... and knock their thick skulls together.

I've never seen such stupid pathetic family like the Kims...

Was that his house or Inok's house he put up as collateral when took the money from the loansharks?

I still can't believe they pick this old guy who's always someone's uncle or dad in other dramas to be the 2nd male lead?? Assuming he's going to play Inok's love interest along with Hakin. :ph34r: The grown up Hakin doesn't look too bad from the pix actually. :D But I really dislike his family ... :wacko:

And geez ... these stupid village women ... if it's not for their gossiping at the food place ... then that con man wouldn't have known the Song girls are sitting ducks. Tsk tsk ...

I've never seen such stupid pathetic family like the Kims...

Was that his house or Inok's house he put up as collateral when took the money from the loansharks?

I think it was their own house. He told Inok to take back her house deed and leave it to him to get the money.

At least Hakin was smart enough to wake up from his self pity & check with the district office about the so called 'proof of relatives' document although he was still too late. I can't believe the dad is such an idiot to get suck into this ... Aigoo...

Guest b00kw0rm

At times I want to smack Insu and tell her to grow up, at other times she is so funny and caring in her clumsy way that I want to hug her. What a great actress. Korea has a lot of very good child actors.

It's really some weepie episode today..Inok had to part with her two sisters.. :tears: Yes great acting by that young Inok..Insu is such a little rebel but she's a real cutie!

Mrs Kim sold Insu and what's going to happen to Inae..? Will she be adopted by the Sawmill Ladyboss or her maid Anseong?..

Guest pint0

Inez, I too cried buckets watching yesterday's show. I don't know why its called "My Pitiful Sister" when all 3 of them are going to lead such pitiful lives. It looks from the preview that poor Insu is going to be raped? I hope not.

Mrs Kim told Inok that her baby sister would be looked after by Anseong and her husband and that Inok could always go to the sawmill and see her. But it looks like she actually sold the baby to them and used the money to pay the man Mr Kim borrowed money from.

At first I thought Mrs Kim was showing a more humane side of her. But the preview has me wondering what that woman has done to these poor girls. her children will hate her if she does anything to harm the 3 sisters.

Guest kei_suke

They sold insu as a slave and she run away...on the road she meet the man who cheated mr. kim money..

Insu only knew him as people from orphanage so she ask him help bring back her to the hometown but he sold Insu to weird lady. Insu feel insecure and try to escape with doing scene... theft a bun at the market and police come took her up....

The rich guy give info that Mr.Jang family who adopt the baby will go somewhere and Inok rush to prevent them...she asked help to Lady boss to take her sister baby back ....

Mrs Kim approach a guy who sold Insu to sell Inok 's house...... :crazy:

Guest meilim_ong

My first time posting in soompi. I don't understand why the Sawmill Lady Boss being the richest in their little town could not do more to help the sisters apart from sending food during the mother's demise. At one point, I thought the sister might adopt Insu.

Can't wait to see how the drama plays out. There should still be at least a hundred episodes to go, right?

Guest b00kw0rm

My first time posting in soompi. I don't understand why the Sawmill Lady Boss being the richest in their little town could not do more to help the sisters apart from sending food during the mother's demise. At one point, I thought the sister might adopt Insu.

Can't wait to see how the drama plays out. There should still be at least a hundred episodes to go, right?

Welcome Meilim_Ong :) I am not sure how many episodes this show is slated to have but yah, I think we are a long way from ending.

I too wondered why nothing was done to help the sisters. This is not the city. Everyone there should know everyone's families, even going back generations. So how could everyone feel contented to leave a 13-year old girl to play Mom and make all the decisions?

And what right does Mrs Kim have to sell HUMAN BEINGS. and now she's going to sell their house. And keep all the $ for herself. I hope a long life filled with untold sufferings await her :crazy:

Wow..it's even more sad today..i got all teary when Inok begged the Sawmill LadyBoss :tears: even Deoksan and his aunt couldn't hide their sadness...poor Inok..and Insu she's quite smart..i hope she would be back with Inok!!..darn!! so heart-wrenching !!

*waves* hi all newbies!!..great to have all of you to discuss this drama!!

Guest pint0

Insu is indeed smart! The two gals are great actors.

Why did they cut off the show so suddenly without any warning? And for what? Bush is so not worth it.

Guest kei_suke

they already cut off the show ?

Today episode they all grown up become adult now....16th years later

Inok works at the company, Inae as teen age student , hakin as young doctor..and Insu not sure about her...but mr Kim still same... :crazy:

Guest meilim_ong

Missed today's episode. Can someone clue me in as to what happened? Yesterday's episode was abruptly cut off due to Bush's visit, so don't know what happened then.

Wonder how they managed to survive the long 16 years....

Guest pint0

Mei, this may not be in sequence.

Inok goes to Mrs Kim and asks for work. Mrs Kim berates her because earlier Inok had said she would never ask Mrs Kim for help again. Mrs Kim tells her to go and work as a maid in the sawmill since Aeyong had quarrelled with her husband and left. Inok feels bad about the news. At night as her sisters are sleeping, she thinks that she would put aside her feelings and ask for work since she and her sisters need the money.

Deoksan's grandmother turns down Inok's request for a job. She says it would be too uncomfortable for Aeyong to see the baby every day if Inok works at the sawmill. The resourceful Inok uses her money to buy provisions and cooks snacks for the workers. Deoksan's aunt and grandma are impressed and she gets the job. Deoksan goes to his grandmother and says she can help Inok without her having to work as their maid. She tells him she is helping Inok. Deoksan talks to Inok to find out if this is really what she wants to do and she says that for now, this is the best she can do. She asks him to give her his support.

Hakin is upset when he hears about this. He scolds Deokan for being a hypocrite, pretending to be concern for Inok and yet letting her work as their maid. Deoksan says he doesn't like it either but he can't stop Inok. He also says it is better that Inok works here where his Grandma will be good to her. If she doesn't work here, who knows where Inok will go to next? Deoksan realises then how much Hakin cares for Inok.

Mrs Kim arranges for Hakin to transfer to a school in Seoul. She says because she doesn't want to see Hakin running around chasing after Inok. Hakin refuses to go. He goes to the sawmill to see Inok and tells her the news. She is cold towards him and tells him to go to Seoul and do what his Mum wants. She says they are nothing to each other and he doesn't have to keep her informed of what's happening in his life. Hakin is angry and goes home to pack his bags.

While Inok is looking after the baby at the sawmill, Deoksan enters the room. He tells her that Hakin is leaving for Seoul and tells her to say her goodbyes. She rushes to the train station while Deoksan watches the baby. When Inok arrives at the station, the bus is pulling away. She cries. Hakin, on the bus, notices her and keeps calling her name.

Don't know how many days have passed but one day when Inok goes home, a bad-tempered Insu is holding a letter that came in the mail for Inok. Its from Hakin. Insu is angry that Hakin only wrote to Inok. She tears up the letter.

When Inok is in her room, she looks at the torn letter and takes out the uniform her Mother altered for her. She holds the uniform in front of her and looks at her reflection in the mirror. Insu comes in and snatches the uniform from her. Poor Insu thinks that Inok is going to sell her and the baby and go off to Seoul. Inok tries to assure her that won't happen and she says she will burn the uniform to prove to Insu that she won't abandon her. As the uniform burns, poor Insu cries and tells Inok to put out the fire and preserve their Mum's last gift to Inok. Inok tells Insu that she now has prove that Inok will be a Mother to Insu and the baby.

Inok uses her pay to pay for Insu's school fees.

Then 16 years later, we see Inok is working at the sawmill. Not as a maid. She's doing office work but we aren't told what her position in the company is.

The pretty baby has grown into a beautiful teenager. Who skips school to watch a Sheakespere film (boring!). She is caught and Inok is called to come 'claim' her. Insu has grown into a beautiful young woman but still has her childish spitefulness and bad temper.

Hakin is now a doctor. he receives a letter from Inok which makes him angry. He barges into Inok's house and yells at her "what do you mean, let's break up?".

Guest meilim_ong

Thanks a lot, Pint0! Now at least I understand how Inok ended up as a maid in the sawmill. So Deoksan's mom (the scary looking woman) did help out after all.

Wonder who Deoksan married and what became of him. What evil deeds did Mrs Kim do to turn the tide of the family's fortune since today they seem to be ok financially and even have a house in Seoul.

Good to see Inae turned up well.

Guest adikkeluangman

After see JaeBeom (Beautiful Days) in doctor coat. I can't see HaKin looks good in that.

Isn't that the youngest sister also act in 'Unstoppable Marriage'.

Why don't have marathon of this drama on Saturday. I can't watched this.

Guest b00kw0rm

After see JaeBeom (Beautiful Days) in doctor coat. I can't see HaKin looks good in that.

Isn't that the youngest sister also act in 'Unstoppable Marriage'.

Why don't have marathon of this drama on Saturday. I can't watched this.

haha, that's true.

Also the hospital and the theatre looks just like the same one on Beautiful Days. Makes me just miss the show even more :tongue2:

Archived