Lee Min Ki 이민기

creidesca

Lee Min Ki On Why He Picked His Upcoming Role In Thriller, How He Spends Time Between Projects, And More

Lee Min Ki On Why He Picked His Upcoming Role In Thriller, How He Spends Time Between Projects, And More

Sep 24, 2019
by S. Cho

Ahead of his new drama, Lee Min Ki participated in a photo shoot and interview with Marie Claire.

Taking on his first role in a thriller, the actor expressed his own curiosity during the interview, saying, “After filming ‘The Beauty Inside,’ I did some work for the DVD production and then I went on a vacation to a little island by myself. I received the offer for ‘The Lies Within’ early on, so I couldn’t do any other work. I hadn’t had much interest in the thriller genre before that, so I studied it.

To be honest, my character is not very special. But that’s why I was drawn to it. Thrillers usually revolve around a case, but ‘The Lies Within’ follows a case and draws attention towards the characters. While detectives in other shows or movies usually have special abilities, my character Jo Tae Sik is just regular. I liked seeing how an average person handles these cases.”

htm_20190924154358481247.jpg

Comparing it to his previous roles, Lee Min Ki commented, “Unlike ‘The Beauty Inside’ and ‘Because This Is My First Life,’ where I played fairly idealistic characters, my new character is very strong-willed when he has to be but fragile and soft-hearted otherwise. Depending on the context, he adapts to the situation.”

mck_5d887641e3b5c-562x354.jpg

He expanded on what he does in between projects, explaining, “When I was younger, whether I was awake, sleeping, or playing, it was all my personal time. However, one day I began to only feel balanced if I was in a routine. Now I exercise every morning and start my day with that good energy. After that is when I begin to do my other scheduled tasks. Even when I’m not working, I like to follow a routine. I feel at ease if my day is organized. Before, I used to feel constricted by schedules and felt stressed out because of rules. But now I enjoy having that kind of structure.”

mck_5d887637ee180-562x709.jpg

When asked why he chose this role despite his lack of interest in thrillers, Lee Min Ki answered, “First of all, it was because of my relationship with director Lee Yoon Jung.” Lee Yoon Jung directed “Taereung National Village,” where Lee Min Ki starred in his first leading role. He continued, “I heard it was her production, so I read the script and was hooked by the first page.”

Continuing on about their relationship, the actor jokingly added, “Sometimes we say that I was better at acting back then. I told her that I felt pressure to do much better since we met after 10 years, but she said she felt the same way. While we’re both trying out a thriller for the first time, I don’t think either of us have changed much in the past decade.”

Lee-Min-Ki.jpg

mck_5d88762c3d928-562x709.jpg

Lee Min Ki was then asked what he finds has changed the most about himself since then, to which he said, “Back then, acting was my dream. Now, it feels like work. That’s why it’s harder now. A dream just has to be dreamt but you have to do well if you’re working. The weight on myself has changed.”

He also explained what he thinks is the important thing when acting, sharing, “It’s not definitive, but now that I think about it, I think it’s to be sure of myself and not to be nervous. I have to be that way so that my fellow staff and actors can feel steady. Filming dramas takes a long time and is a lot of work. Sets can be a very sensitive place. In that kind of setting, I think it’s most important to stay calm.”

mck_5d88763d022bd-562x708.jpg

While discussing his upcoming drama, the actor was asked what kind of season he hopes the season of “The Lies Within” will be remembered as. Lee Min Ki answered, “Will it become a season of curiosity? Typically when I read drama synopses, I can envision how it will play out and end, but they do not tell you for this drama. Not just the actors, but the staff don’t know either — only the writers and directors know. We’ve all promised to remain unaware. People frequently press me, assuming I know because I’m the main character, but I really don’t. There is fun in waiting and wondering what’ll happen next.”

mck_5d88761fcaebd-562x708.jpg

Lee Min Ki’s full interview and photo shoot for Marie Claire is available exclusively through their website or October issue.

His upcoming drama, OCN’s “The Lies Within,” premieres on October 12 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1354651wpp/lee-min-ki-on-why-he-picked-his-upcoming-role-in-thriller-how-he-spends-time-between-projects-and-more

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, as LMK's fans, i want to contribute post to this thread. After back to back romcom drama at 2017 and 2018, I am glad he's finally choose thriller genre and we will see him in badass action scene again this year.

The Lies Within highlight teaser

Press conference video

Press conference pics from OCN ig

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

His ig acc run by his agency team finally active again to promote new drama! :wub: i dont mind if they're spamming new pics of LMK with his signature flat face style. :D

behind the scene pics of Cosmopolitan Korea magazine photoshoot

• Like 2

Soompi's article about the new character on new drama

Lee Min Ki Is A Skillful Detective With A Keen Sense For Clues In “The Lies Within”

Lee Min Ki Is A Skillful Detective With A Keen Sense For Clues In “The Lies Within”

Oct 7, 2019
by L. Kim

New drama “The Lies Within” released stills of Lee Min Ki as sharp and bold detective Jo Tae Sik.

“The Lies Within” is about a woman whose husband disappears after the sudden death of her father. She joins the National Assembly and teams up with a detective in her search for the truth. The two characters work together to break through the silence and lies that people say to protect their own interests.

Lee Min Ki’s character Jo Tae Sik is a detective on an investigation team. He used to be burning with passion to capture all the bad guys, but now, he is just waiting for the day he can be transferred to a rural police station. However, his final case causes the look in his eyes to change by 180 degrees because he discovered something suspicious.

The new stills released on October 7 show a sharp turn in Jo Tae Sik’s expression. His apparent indifference changes, and he become serious as he studies the clues at the scene. The final case he will be in charge of is the car accident of Kim Seung Chul (Kim Jong Soo) who is the father of Kim So Hee (Lee Yoo Young).

lee-min-ki-11.jpglee-min-ki-3.jpg

The production crew commented, “Jo Tae Sik, who wants to leave the investigation team, is annoyed by this final case and wants to get it over with so he can leave. However, when he actually deals with the case, his eyes become sharp. That’s because he is a detective who can’t just carelessly ignore someone’s death. Please watch to see what case ignited his desire to investigate again and what he will do in order to find the truth.”

“The Lies Within” premiere on October 12 at 10:30 p.m. KST. Watch the highlight video here!

Source (1)

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Lee Min Ki And Nana Confirm For Upcoming Romantic Comedy Drama

Lee Min Ki And Nana Confirm For Upcoming Romantic Comedy Drama

Sep 8, 2020
by R. Jun

Lee Min Ki and Nana have been confirmed for a new MBC drama called “Oh! Master” (literal title).

The drama is a romantic comedy about a drama writer who “chooses not to” date and a rom-com actress who “is unable to” date. It will be a collaboration between writer Jo Jin Kook (“Soulmate,” “Fated to Love You“) and director Hyun Sol Ip (“You Drive Me Crazy!”).

In the drama, Lee Min Ki is playing Han Bi Soo, the best thriller drama writer in Korea who chooses not to date, while Nana is the actress and rom-com queen Oh Ju In (Ju In translates to “master,” or “owner”), who is unable to date. When the two end up living together, hijinks ensue.

“Oh! Master” is slated to premiere in March 2021.

source: https://www.soompi.com/article/1424273wpp/lee-min-ki-and-nana-confirm-for-upcoming-romantic-comedy-drama

Lee Minki come back on national TV channel and romcom, pairing with beautiful Nana, can't wait. :love: i will give some updates in this thread too. He will get busy this year with some drama and movie projects.

Lee Min Ki And Park Shin Yang To Star In Occult Film

Lee Min Ki And Park Shin Yang To Star In Occult Film

Jan 14, 2020
by S. Nam

Lee Min Ki and Park Shin Yang will be starring in the new film “Three Days” (working title)!

On January 13, the distribution company Showbox shared, “The casting of Park Shin Yang and Lee Ming Ki as the leads of ‘Three Days’ is confirmed. They will be creating a novel occult movie.”

This will be Park Shin Yang’s first time returning to the big screen in seven years since his film “Man on the Edge.” In “Three Days,” he will be playing Cha Seung Do, a father who suddenly loses his daughter.

Furthermore, Lee Min Ki, who has played diverse characters in both film and drama, will be playing Priest Ban who trained in exorcism at the Vatican. Although he’s taken on various roles in the past, Lee Min Ki will be transforming into a priest for the first time.

“Three Days” is expected to begin filming in the first half of this year.

source: https://www.soompi.com/article/1376610wpp/lee-min-ki-and-park-shin-yang-to-star-in-occult-film

they have completed the movie shooting. There are also some teaser picture and poster. But don't know about the release. maybe it put back because of pandemic and production situation. Hope we'll get some update about the movie release this year. Right now, LMK is getting busy filming Oh Master drama.

Kim Ji Won And Lee Min Ki In Talks To Star In New JTBC Drama

Kim Ji Won And Lee Min Ki In Talks To Star In New JTBC Drama

Jan 8, 2021
by L. Kim

Kim Ji Won and Lee Min Ki may be starring in a drama together!

On January 8, SpoTVNews reported that the two actors have been confirmed to star in Park Hae Young’s new drama that will be directed by producing director (PD) Kim Seok Yoon and air on JTBC. Following reports, a source from JTBC clarified, “Lee Min Ki and Kim Ji Won are positively reviewing offers to star in the drama. The title and schedule haven’t been decided yet.”

Lee Min Ki and Kim Ji Won previously starred in the 2018 movie “Detective K: Secret of the Living Dead.” In the film, Km Ji Won played Wolmyeong, a woman who lost her memory, and Lee Min Ki took the role of the mysterious Heukdopo. Fans are curious about what kind of roles they may play in this new drama.

If they decide to appear in it, they will be reuniting with Kim Seok Yoon, who directed the movie “Detective K: Secret of the Living Dead.” Fans can also look forward to another work by Park Hae Young, who is the writer of many dramas such as “Another Oh Hae Young” and “My Mister.”

This JTBC drama will start filming this year and air sometime next year.

Currently, Kim Ji Won is filming KakaoTV’s “Lovestruck in the City,” and Lee Min Ki’s MBC drama “Oh! Master” (literal title) will air in March.

source: https://www.soompi.com/article/1447640wpp/kim-ji-won-and-lee-min-ki-in-talks-to-star-in-new-jtbc-drama

Lee Min ki is being busy this year, so exciting. Hopefully both Lee Minki and Kim Jiwon will accept this offer :love:

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Kim Ji Won And Lee Min Ki, Lee El And Son Seok Gu Confirmed To Reunite In New Drama

Jul 9, 2021
by E. Cha

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Will This Be My Liberation” (literal translation) has confirmed its starring cast!

“Will This Be My Liberation” is a new drama that will tell the story of three siblings who want to escape their stifling lives and a mysterious outsider who comes to their town.

On July 9, JTBC officially announced that Kim Ji Won, Lee Min Ki, Son Seok Gu, and Lee El would all be starring in the upcoming series.

Kim Ji Won will be playing the role of Yum Min Jung, who is the youngest child in her family. A born introvert, the timid Yum Min Jung has always gone through life feeling completely alone. Unable to take it anymore, Yum Min Jung eventually attempts to make a change in order to “liberate” herself from her dreary, monochrome life.

Meanwhile, Lee Min Ki will be starring as Yum Chang Hee, Yum Min Jung’s older brother and the middle child of their family. Although he initially hoped to move to the city and get a taste of a more exciting world, life didn’t go according to his plans. Aimless, dreamless, and lacking any particular ambition, Yum Chang Hee might be immature, but everything he says is always surprisingly logical.

Lee El will play Yum Ki Jung, the fiery eldest child of the family, who is only well-behaved on the day she receives her paycheck. Yum Ki Jung feels that she wasted her entire youth commuting back and forth to Seoul for her job, and she is desperate to find love.

Finally, Son Seok Gu will play the role of Mr. Gu, the charming and mysterious outsider who suddenly arrives in town. No one knows who he is, and his arrival is even more mystifying because their town is considered so boring that “while people may leave, no one ever moves in.” Mr. Gu, who seems as though he’s been through his fair share of misfortune, is drunk 365 days a year and has lost his way in life—until one day, Yum Min Jung approaches him.

Notably, Kim Ji Won and Lee Min Ki previously starred together in the 2018 film “Detective K: Secret of the Living Dead,” while Son Seok Gu and Lee El played a married couple in the 2018 drama “Matrimonial Chaos.”

The producers of “Will This Be My Liberation” commented, “Viewers will be able to empathize strongly with the story of these characters who search for a new path in order to liberate themselves from their confined lives. Please also look forward to the chemistry between the actors, who will fill their characters with their own unique charms.”

“Will This Be My Liberation” will premiere in 2022.

spacer.png

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

Lee Min Ki Is A Relatable Guy Who’s Lost Sight Of His Dreams In New Drama With Kim Ji Won

Mar 17, 2022
by E. Cha

JTBC’s upcoming drama “My Liberation Diary” (literal translation) has shared a new sneak peek of Lee Min Ki in his starring role!

“My Liberation Diary” is a new drama about three siblings who want to escape their stifling lives and the events that unfold when a mysterious outsider comes to their town. Helmed by “Law School” director Kim Seok Yoon and penned by “My Mister” and “Another Oh Hae Young” writer Park Hae Young, the upcoming drama will star Kim Ji Won, Lee Min Ki, Lee El, and Son Seok Gu.

Lee Min Ki will play the role of Yeom Chang Hee, the realistic and relatable middle child of an ordinary family. Although he initially hoped to move to the city and get a taste of a more exciting world, life didn’t go according to his plans. Aimless, dreamless, and lacking any particular ambition, Yeom Chang Hee might be immature as he wanders through life without a real goal, but everything he says is always surprisingly logical. 

On weekdays, Yeom Chang Hee works as a sales manager at the headquarters of a convenience store chain, and on weekends, he toils away in the fields as a farmer for his parents. In newly released stills from the drama, his warm smile and easygoing personality are on full display as he goes about his everyday life—but they evaporate when he finds himself angrily struggling with a fan on a hot summer night.

Lee-Min-Ki-2.jpgLee-Min-Ki-3.jpgLee-Min-Ki-4.jpg

Lee Min Ki remarked, “I really like all the characters in the drama, not just my own. I love the words the characters use to express their emotions as they experience different situations—and the warmth, pain, and various other emotions that are captured in those lines.”

The actor went on to share, “When I was talking to the staff about my character, I often heard them say, ‘Chang Hee is an ordinary guy; he’s all of us.’ The character of Chang Hee was already fleshed out so well in the script that as I filmed the drama, my goal was to do a good job capturing all of that and conveying it in a satisfying way, without missing a single drop.”

“My Liberation Diary” will premiere on April 9 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

source: https://www.soompi.com/article/1517740wpp/lee-min-ki-is-a-relatable-guy-whos-lost-sight-of-his-dreams-in-new-drama-with-kim-ji-won

• Like 1

Kim Ji Won, Lee Min Ki, And Lee El Discuss Their Characters In Upcoming Drama “My Liberation Notes”

Kim Ji Won, Lee Min Ki, And Lee El Discuss Their Characters In Upcoming Drama “My Liberation Notes”

Mar 25, 2022
by L. Kim

“My Liberation Notes” co-stars Kim Ji Won, Lee Min Ki, and Lee El recently participated in a photo shoot for Elle!

“My Liberation Notes” (previously translated as “”My Liberation Diary”) is about three siblings who want to escape their stifling lives and the events that unfold when a mysterious outsider comes to their town. The drama stars Kim Ji Won, Lee Min Ki, and Lee El as the three siblings Yeom Mi Jung, Yeom Chang Hee, and Yeom Ki Jung, and Son Seok Gu as the mysterious outsider Mr. Gu.

lee-min-ki-kim-ji-won-lee-el.jpeg

In the following interview, the actors talked about the upcoming drama and their roles. First off, Lee Min Ki about how he portrayed Yeom Chang Hee, the middle sibling who had hoped for an exciting life in the city but now lives aimlessly without any ambition.

Lee Min Ki shared, “I just wanted to look like Yeom Chang Hee, so I tried not to do anything as much as possible. I wanted to get rid of artificial things. It was a drama with a script, but in my heart, it was a documentary. I pretty much gave up on the makeup and outfits.”

lee-min-ki1.jpeg

Kim Ji Won’s character Yeom Mi Jung is the youngest sibling who is introverted and timid until she decides to make a change in order to liberate herself from her dreary and monochrome life. When asked how she interpreted Yeom Mi Jung, the actress explained, “She feels like an egg. She’s already born into the world, but she’s like a chick trying to break the shell around her.”

Spoiler

kim-ji-won1.jpeg

Lee El plays Yeom Ki Jung, the eldest sibling, who feels like her youth has been wasted on commuting back and forth to her job in Seoul and is desperate to find love. Lee El talked about the realistic nature of her character, saying, “I wanted to play a role in stories that always seem to be around us that would scratch the itchy parts of the viewers or say what’s on their mind on behalf of them. On that note, I read the script of ‘My Liberation Notes,’ and as soon as I read the first page, I really wanted to do try it.”

Spoiler

lee-el1.jpeg

The three actors’ full interview and pictorial will be available in the April issue of Elle.

JTBC’s “”My Liberation Notes” premieres on April 9 at 10:30 p.m.

source: https://www.soompi.com/article/1519022wpp/kim-ji-won-lee-min-ki-and-lee-el-discuss-their-characters-in-upcoming-drama-my-liberation-notes

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Han Ji Min And Lee Min Ki In Talks To Reunite With “My Liberation Notes” Director For New Drama

Han Ji Min and Lee Min Ki may be reuniting with director Kim Seok Yoon for a new drama!

On July 27, Lee Min Ki’s agency Sangyoung Entertainment confirmed that the actor was in talks to star in “Hip” (working title), a new drama by “My Liberation Notes” director Kim Seok Yoon.

“Lee Min Ki has received an offer to appear in ‘Hip,’ and he is currently reviewing the offer with a positive outlook,” stated the agency.

Han Ji Min’s agency BH Entertainment similarly confirmed, “Han Ji Min has received a casting offer for ‘Hip’ and is currently in talks [for the role] with a favorable outlook.”

Notably, if Han Ji Min accepts her offer, it will mark her third time working together with director Kim Seok Yoon: the actress previously starred in both his 2011 film “Detective K: Secret of the Virtuous Widow” and his 2019 drama “Radiant.” Meanwhile, Lee Min Ki recently starred in Kim Seok Yoon’s latest drama “My Liberation Notes.”

“Hip,” which is currently aiming for a premiere in the first half of 2023, will tell the story of events that unfold in the countryside.

Are you excited to potentially see Han Ji Min and Lee Min Ki in this new drama?

Han Ji Min And Lee Min Ki In Talks To Reunite With “My Liberation Notes” Director For New Drama | Soompi

• Like 1