[2007] Mbc Drama Awards

Guest kdramafanusa

Guest mymyjane2

i THINK that its just a rumour(24 to 16 eps bec of twssg)

bec as far as i saw/read/ heared...

twssg group was even asking mbc if they can make the airing date more later...

period

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its total trash that moon sori isn't up in any of those categories.

Its kinda total trash that Lee Un gets nominated but not Kim dongwook.

Its somewhat trash that Lee Philip got nominated.

Also.

This awards show will lose all credibility if YEH wins best actress... <_< . (no offense to her fans, I dont think her character was a hard one to portray at all)

Out of those actors, I hope its Gonghyojin wins.

Man, its so obvious MBC is pushing for coffeeprince to take the most awards.

I also agree with 'Etoile'

Especailly for Moon Suri not being nominated.

Every actresses can play as YEH's character in Coffee Prince. Same for Gong Yu's character.

To me, Coffee Prince is nothing special, just simple story with good looking actress and actors. Compare to TWSSG and Time Between dog and wolf, those have better story, "Very-hard-to-act" scenes for actors and actresses who have to show their emotions and expression. And you can not skip all the scenes which are essential as Coffee Prince has a lot of extra scenes you can skip or cut.

Guest jess_gallen

I agree with 'jess_gallen' post.

Hi mmkha, I am happy that you have the same preferences as me.

I agree that coffee prince was great, but to me it seems like most fans who desperatly want Coffee Prince, Yoon Eun Hye, and Gongyoo to win didn't even watch the other dramas. Especially here in soompi. It seems that many people watched Coffee Prince but only a few watched Coffee Prince and the other dramas. And I think the people who watched both dramas that are being compared are more accurate than the people who only watched one.

I'm not saying all people are like that. I'm just saying that I see many people who root for their favorites without really looking at who they are being competed with. How do you know what's best if you don't know both sides?

I saw both Coffee Prince and the Legend, but I totally prefer the Legend.

I don't know how many time I re-see the Legend whereas I saw only once Coffee Prince :blush:

There are many hot scenes in Coffee Prince and a little romantic scenes between Lee Ji Ah and Bae Yong Joon in Legend. Both couples have good chemistry but I prefer Bae Yong Joon and Lee Jee As 's wonderful chemistry. :D

So, I really really wish the best couple adward will be for Lee Ji Ah and Bae Yong Joon.

Lee Jun Ki and Nam Sang Mi are good too in TODAW, I cross my fingers for them in Excellence Actor/Actress' adwards !!!!

Guest Shingai

I also agree with 'Etoile'

Especailly for Moon Suri not being nominated.

Every actresses can play as YEH's character in Coffee Prince. Same for Gong Yu's character.

To me, Coffee Prince is nothing special, just simple story with good looking actress and actors. Compare to TWSSG and Time Between dog and wolf, those have better story, "Very-hard-to-act" scenes for actors and actresses who have to show their emotions and expression. And you can not skip all the scenes which are essential as Coffee Prince has a lot of extra scenes you can skip or cut.

Well, your opinion.

I thought, that Gong Yoo's way, of showing Han Kyul's confusion for his feelings for Eun Chan, was wonderful. I saw a lot of korean dramas this year, and I think the performances of Yoon Eun Hye and Gong Yoo were maybe not the best, but great and the nominations well deserved.

Also I think, you can't compare TWSSG, TBDAW and CP, because they're different and good in their own ways.

The Legend was breathtaking. It felt like 'something big'. TBDAW was thrilling and had an interesting storyline. And Coffee Prince just had this nice and warm feeling and it was very artistically. The music and the whole cinematography were outstanding and refreshing. They matched the atmosphere of the drama. I didn't watch it because of the hype, so I had no expectations. It suprised me in a positive way.

My choices woul be:

TOP EXCELLENCE (최우수상)

Actor 남자:

Kim Myung-min 김명민 (White Tower 하얀거탑)

Bae Yong-joon 배용준 (Legend 태왕사신기)

Lee Seo-jin 이서진 (Yi San 이산)

Choi Min-soo 최민수 (Legend 태왕사신기)

Actress 여자:

Go Hyun-jung 고현정 (H.I.T. 히트)

Gong Hyo-jin 공효진 (Thank You 고맙습니다)

Yoon Eun-hye 윤은혜 (The 1st Shop Of Coffee Prince 커피프린스 1호점)

Choi Jin-sil 최진실 (Bad Woman Good Woman 나쁜여자 착한여자)

EXCELLENCE AWARD (우수상)

Actor 남자:

Gong Yoo 공유 (The 1st Shop Of Coffee Prince 커피프린스 1호점)

Lee Sun-gyun 이선균 (The 1st Shop Of Coffee Prince 커피프린스 1호점)

Lee Jun-ki 이준기 (Time Between Dog And Wolf 개와 늑대의 시간)

Jang Hyuk 장혁 (Thank You 고맙습니다)

Actress 여자:

Nam Sang-mi 남상미 (Time Between Dog And Wolf 개와 늑대의 시간)

Wang Hee-ji 왕희지 (Ah Hyun Dong's Madam 아현동 마님)

Chae Jung-ahn 채정안 (The 1st Shop Of Coffee Prince 커피프린스 1호점)

Han Ji-min 한지민 (Yi San 이산)

NEWCOMER (신인상)

Actor 남자:

Kim Min-sung 김민성 (Ah Hyun Dong's Madam 아현동 마님)

Lee Un 이언 (The 1st Shop Of Coffee Prince 커피프린스 1호점)

Lee Philip 이필립 (Legend 태왕사신기)

Han Sang-jin 한상진 (Yi San 이산)

Actress 여자:

Go Eun-mi 고은미 (Even So Love 그래도 좋아)

Park Shin-hye 박신혜 (Kimcheed Radish Cubes 깍두기)

Lee Ji-ah 이지아 (Legend 태왕사신기)

Lee Ha-na 이하나 (Me Ri, Dae Gu's Attack And Defense Battle 메리대구 공방전)

NETIZEN CHOICE (네티즌 선정)

Popularity 인기상

Actor 남자:

Gong Yoo 공유

Kim Myung-min 김명민

Bae Yong-joon 배용준

Lee Seo-jin 이서진

Lee Jun-ki 이준기

Jang Hyuk 장혁

Choi Min-soo 최민수

Actress 여자:

Go Hyun-jung 고현정

Gong Hyo-jin 공효진

Yoon Eun-hye 윤은혜

Lee Ji-ah 이지아

Choi Ji-woo 최지우

Choi Jin-sil 최진실

Han Ji-min 한지민

Best Couple 베스트커플상:

Gong Yoo & Yoon Eun-hye 공유 윤은혜 (The 1st Shop Of Coffee Prince 커피프린스 1호점)

Bae Yong-joon & Lee Ji-ah 배용준 이지아 (Legend 태왕사신기)

Lee Seo-jin & Han Ji-min 이서진 한지민 (Yi San 이산)

Lee Sun-gyun & Chae Jung-ahn 이선균 채정안 (The 1st Shop Of Coffee Prince 커피프린스 1호점)

Jang Hyuk & Gong Hyo-jin 장혁 공효진 (Thank You 고맙습니다)

Ji Hyun-woo & Lee Ha-na 지현우 이하나 (Me Ri, Dae Gu's Attack And Defense Battle 메리대구 공방전)

Guest Tamar1973

I saw both Coffee Prince and the Legend, but I totally prefer the Legend.

I don't know how many time I re-see the Legend whereas I saw only once Coffee Prince :blush:

There are many hot scenes in Coffee Prince and a little romantic scenes between Lee Ji Ah and Bae Yong Joon in Legend. Both couples have good chemistry but I prefer Bae Yong Joon and Lee Jee As 's wonderful chemistry. :D

So, I really really wish the best couple adward will be for Lee Ji Ah and Bae Yong Joon.

Me, too!!! The Legend was a really big show in every since of the word: acting, cinematograghy, CGI, etc. The child actors were good, too. I bought the OST recently and showed my non-Kdrama fan in-laws the two music videos. Now, they want to borrow my BYJ K-drama collection. :lol:

I'm impressed by the fact that BYJ can show his love without "hot scenes".

Guest tiffany

Ahhh...the awards...every year, there's always lots of debate about nominations and winners.

Although acting should be the main criteria for nomination and win, but ratings are important. If a drama is popular, it means it has captured the audience' attention and that says something. Isn't that what a drama is supposed to do? Entertain the mass majority? Was My Name is Kim Sam Soon thought provoking? Not really, but it was funny and the chemistry between the 2 leads was good. If acting or storyline was really bad, then you wouldn't have been able to have the high ratings. Of course an actor could be really good but still have low ratings for the drama. This could only mean that the audience didn't like it enough to watch it for whatever reasons.

I agree that LJK was very good in TBDW. He showed that he could really act and has cast away his image that was associated with him with the movie, 'King and I' and 'My Girl'. But he was competing against BYJ, KMM, LSJ and CMS in the Daesang award, which are all deserving. However, I would disagree about his chemistry with Nam Sang Mi.

I am a huge fan of BYJ and of course I hope he will win the Daesang award but frankly, I think Park Sang Won should have been nominated instead of Choi Min Soo. I was really, really impressed with Park Sang Won, who in my opinion, had a harder role to portray than Cho Min Soo's evil guy.

And I agree that Moon So Ri should have been nominated as well. It was not easy to act her character...from a sweet innocent girl to a vengeful one. But there you are, the world is never fair. And as much as I love all the cast in TWSSG, I think Philip Lee's role was too little to have made that much of impact. And how is Park Shin Hye considered as a newcomer? I've seen her in so many dramas already, the last being Goong S, another MBC drama.

As for couple, personally I think it should be the Coffee Prince couple- Gong Yoo and Yoon Eun Hye. They really displayed a natural feel that makes you believe in tham and want to root for them. I love the Damsu couple, but seriously there wasn't much demonstration of the chemistry between BYJ and LJA or maybe I should say there wasn't much opportunity for the couple to display this as the story concentrated mainly on warfare. ^^

And Thank You should win something as well. It was one of the sleeper hit of the year and this was due largely to the cast' efforts. I remember all the attention at that time was on Hello Miss, The Devil and Witch Yoo Hee. But Thank You came out so well despite the little fanfare. Is there a nomination for outstanding dramas?

I have not watched White Tower (though I read good reviews about it) nor some of the other dramas so I can't comment on those either.

Whatever it is, I think MBC has produced quite a few good dramas this year, so let's hope for more better dramas next year and less rubbish.

For all the nominees, good luck!

Guest Tamar1973

Ahhh...the awards...every year, there's always lots of debate about nominations and winners.

Although acting should be the main criteria for nomination and win, but ratings are important. If a drama is popular, it means it has captured the audience' attention and that says something. Isn't that what a drama is supposed to do? Entertain the mass majority?

I am a huge fan of BYJ and of course I hope he will win the Daesang award but frankly, I think Park Sang Won should have been nominated instead of Choi Min Soo. I was really, really impressed with Park Sang Won, who in my opinion, had a harder role to portray than Cho Min Soo's evil guy.

And I agree that Moon So Ri should have been nominated as well. It was not easy to act her character...from a sweet innocent girl to a vengeful one. But there you are, the world is never fair. And as much as I love all the cast in TWSSG, I think Philip Lee's role was too little to have made that much of impact. And how is Park Shin Hye considered as a newcomer? I've seen her in so many dramas already, the last being Goong S, another MBC drama.

... I love the Damsu couple, but seriously there wasn't much demonstration of the chemistry between BYJ and LJA or maybe I should say there wasn't much opportunity for the couple to display this as the story concentrated mainly on warfare. ^^

You're right. Dramas are supposed to showcase good acting and without an audience, what's the point of making a show in the first place? Ratings aren't a perfect gauge of a quality show but they are part of the equation that any TV channel have to keep in mind when judging a show.

Moon So Ri is an underrated actress and she should have been nominated.

im sure TWSSG and CP will win various awards but i also hope Thank You and White Tower are recognized for their very deserving cast. the hyped dramas of the year appeared more towards the end of the year but the two dramas i mentioned (and lets not forget TBDW though it was a good drama i didnt get sucked into it fully as much) definitely deserve awards. i know neither leads from the dramas will get daesangs but seriously KMM should. he won an award on another award show. a bit sad that even on its own broadcasting station it wont get an award. as for moonsori. she did well in TWSSG but i dont think the character fit her well. as in she acted and portrayed the character to its fullest but the characters was just not.. her. i dunno maybe it was just me. also yooneunhye did a good job but their are so many other actresses who should win the award over her. she was good but not GREAT. but then again her character wasnt all that challenging. gongyoo did well too but KMM and JH did extremely well. i dunno its all up to the award show. no matter the results theres no doubt that MBC had many great dramas this year =D

-edit

HIT was great too =D

btw why is yisan even included? the drama hasnt even finished yet. *sigh* lee suhjin is doing a great job but yea.. the drama is still being broadcasted.

this is what i hope though i dont think most of it will happen. some of the choices i left two because i couldnt decide =D but i bolded my preference

최우수상

남자 - 김명민(하얀거탑)

여자 - 고현정(히트) / 공효진(고맙습니다)

* 우수상

이준기(개와 늑대의 시간) / 장혁(고맙습니다) <-- here i dunno lolls loved both; lee junki's breakthrough and janghyuk's comeback <3

남상미(개와 늑대의 시간)

* 신인상

이지아(태왕사신기)

네티즌 선정

* 인기상 <-- i think this one's a bit obvious lolls

남자 - 공유

여자 - 윤은혜

* 베스트커플상

- 공유 윤은혜(커피프린스 1호점) / 장혁 공효진(고맙습니다)

Guest Cricketear

it's so easy for some people to shrug off Yoon Eun Hye's performance as something easy to play because it's a trendy romantic comedy genre, unlike the usual serious dramas out there.

I am rooting for YEH to win in the Top Excellence Awards because I think her performance was GREAT. She immersed herself into the role, abandoned her vanity and geez, if her role was really that easy to play...I would like for people to point me out to another korean actress with same body size as YEH's who' can succesfully manage to carry Gong Yoo on their back, up the stairs to 2nd and 3rd floor without any body double.

I think people VASTLY underestimate how difficult it is to pull off the transformation that YEH did for this role. It takes more than just coping a gait or talking in a low tone, it's about entirely remapping out your body language in a way in which your core emotions and thoughts are still correctly articulated from that unique gender space. How do you convey your attraction? How do you express your annoyance with your peers? How do you gob up your food? The beauty of her highwire act is in making the audience self-conscious about those male-female dynamics that creates that attraction and enable us to resolve our differences. It makes us observe their relationship very closely and enjoy all the small things.

^yeah that!

Guest bluenitesky

oh ya i just realize moo sori isn't nominated , but i did heard she was criticized a lot however after watching the drama i really have no idea why they were cirticizing ( i don't know wat they criticize about her ) , but as an audience i thought her performance was good, Lee ji ah too i was watching and at the beginning i didnn't know who i should be rooting for , and even thought i lean toward ji ah in the end i still feel pity for kiha because she was naturally a good person it's just the fire tribe control here .... ; but i think maybe she wasn't nominated because there are so many new comers this year that maybe they are better than her, and since i havent' watch others one that they were in i cannot decide ... but i was glad lee ji ah was in the list . And i agree Thank you should win an award even though it wasn't tha popular the actor/actress in the drama was really good. But i was disappointed to hear the result of the award might not solely based on the actor/actress acting skill >.<, but again this is business so they don't want to whole company crashing down just because of an award

Guest Tamar1973

oh ya i just realize moo sori isn't nominated , but i did heard she was criticized a lot however after watching the drama i really have no idea why they were cirticizing ( i don't know wat they criticize about her ) , but as an audience i thought her performance was good, ... think maybe she wasn't nominated because there are so many new comers this year that maybe they are better than her, and since i havent' watch others one that they were in i cannot decide ...

Moon So Ri is not a newcomer (at least in the movie world) by any stretch. She was in the movie Oasis a few years back. She is an excellent actress (IMO) with a lot of range. The main criticism I remember is that she doesn't fit the usual stereotype of a romantic lead actress, which in my mind, means they didn't like the fact that she was actually old enough to be romantically involved with BYJ.

The only criticism I would even have for E Ji Ah is that she was/is too young to be paired up with BYJ. Otherwise she is a really good actress for a newcomer and I hope she wins the award for best new actress.

Guest silentmarj

it's so easy for some people to shrug off Yoon Eun Hye's performance as something easy to play because it's a trendy romantic comedy genre, unlike the usual serious dramas out there.

I am rooting for YEH to win in the Top Excellence Awards because I think her performance was GREAT. She immersed herself into the role, abandoned her vanity and geez, if her role was really that easy to play...I would like for people to point me out to another korean actress with same body size as YEH's who' can succesfully manage to carry Gong Yoo on their back, up the stairs to 2nd and 3rd floor without any body double.

thanks for depending yeh...I totally agree with you...don't underestimate yeh's performance because you don't like her...all the nominees are great and they are deserving too..so lets wait and see... :lol:

Guest bluenitesky

The main criticism I remember is that she doesn't fit the usual stereotype of a romantic lead actress, which in my mind, means they didn't like the fact that she was actually old enough to be romantically involved with BYJ.

uh wat's wrong with the fact that she was old enuff to be involved w/ BYJ ?

im thinking jang hyuk or gong yoo!! hope they will have an award too!

ohh ya i really want jan hyuk to win an award he performed really good in thank you

for me...i dont wish to choose the winners because they are already winners for being nominated..

Being nominated is a kind of recognition for their acting already....

you can't deny that winning or not depends on luck as well......

i can only say that MBC produced quite alot of good dramas this year...making it 1 of the most competitive award ceremony so far....

Guest Tamar1973

uh wat's wrong with the fact that she was old enuff to be involved w/ BYJ ?

Nothing but there are people out there who think that after 30, a woman can't be beautiful and desired anymore and actressess over 30 start getting pushed into playing the mom rather than the lover.

Archived