[2007] Mbc Drama Awards

Guest kdramafanusa

Yoon Eun Hye for Top Excellence Award. No one can deny that this is her year and her performance in Coffee Prince was refreshing and splendid.

Gong Yoo for Excellence Award. It's time that he gets recognition for his talent.

Yoon Eun Hye for Most Popular Female Award

Gong Yoo for Most Popular Male

Gong Yoo & Yoon Eun Hye (Coffee Prince)- Best Couple for their sizzling chemistry

i do agree....

Starbabiee, this are my choices too! GYYEH for the win!!! :)

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, goodness. I hope Kim Myung Min wins the Top excellence/Grand excellence(is it?) award.

ditto.

He totally deserves it.

I watched both Coffee Prince and White Tower and I found White Tower 100% more exciting, entertaining, and great in general. Most of it is due to the stellar performance Kim Myung Min put on. I absolutly loved hating his character and hated loving his character. He was the main guy, but also the villan..which brought a lot of interesting points to the drama.

Sadly, White Tower is the most underrated show ever. It didn't get that good of ratings, although a lot of professional journalist/critics rated it as one of the top dramas this year. I know it can seem really unattractive because there's no extreme hot young guy with extreme beautiful young girl and theres basically no romance. Believe me..that was the only thing that held me back from watching it..but I started noticing it cause I got sneak peeks of it when I went to my moms room for 2 seconds to get towels. Then I got hooked and started watching it non stop. I rewatched episodes as much as I can. But I do recomend to people (even those who are pretty fluent in Korean) to watch with subtitles. The medical terms can really jumble up your head!

Guest AlecRuby

Top Excellence Award

Bae Yong Jun (TWSSG)

Gong Ho Jin (Thank You)

Excellence Award

Actor - Jang Hyuk (Thank You)

Actress -Han Ji Min (Lee San)

Best Newcomer

Actor - Philip Lee (TWSSG)

Actress - Lee Ji Ah (TWSSG)

Netizen Awards - Most Popular Award

Actor: Bae Yong Jun

Actress: Lee ji Ah / Choi Ji Woo

Best Couple Award

Bae Yong Jun & Lee Ji Ah (TWSSG)

Guest Marikoo

Top Excellence Award

BYJ (TWSSG)

Best Newcomer

Actor - Philip Lee (TWSSG)

Actress - Lee Ji Ah (TWSSG)

Netizen Awards - Most Popular Award

Actor: Bae Yong Jun

Actress: Lee ji Ah

Best Couple Award

Bae Yong Jun & Lee Ji Ah (TWSSG)

Guest luvbbyoo

Yoon Eun Hye for Top Excellence Award. No one can deny that this is her year and her performance in Coffee Prince was refreshing and splendid.

Gong Yoo for Excellence Award. It's time that he gets recognition for his talent.

Yoon Eun Hye for Most Popular Female Award

Gong Yoo for Most Popular Male

Gong Yoo & Yoon Eun Hye (Coffee Prince)- Best Couple for their sizzling chemistry

I fully agree with you! Baby Yoo Aja Aja!!!! :D

BYJ for top excellence award, Daesang - his role as a great king is excellent.

(white tower no matter how good is just another hospital drama)

Lee Ji Ah for best newcomer.

the nominees were well deserved but I hope some other actors were included as well but here are my choices

Newcomer Award: Lee Ji-ah or Lee Ha-na

Best Couple: Gong Yoo and Yoon Eun-hye

Top Excellence Award: I'm Tossing between Bae Yong-joon and Kim Myung-min same for the Daesang as well

Guest pikhachu79

투표방법 : 여러분이 생각하는 최고의 커플에 투표해 주세요! (1인 1회 가능합니다.)

투표기간 : 12월 17일(월) ~ 12월 30일(일) 방송 중 마감 예정

did the vote section start already???

if I'm not mistaken that what the statement said right?

Guest thunderbolt

Hmm... White Tower is not just another hospital drama. It's a critically acclaimed drama with some of the best writing and acting you'll see all year. It was chosen best drama of 2007 in a recent naver poll.

Guest lovekoreastar

ditto.

He totally deserves it.

I watched both Coffee Prince and White Tower and I found White Tower 100% more exciting, entertaining, and great in general. Most of it is due to the stellar performance Kim Myung Min put on. I absolutly loved hating his character and hated loving his character. He was the main guy, but also the villan..which brought a lot of interesting points to the drama.

Sadly, White Tower is the most underrated show ever. It didn't get that good of ratings, although a lot of professional journalist/critics rated it as one of the top dramas this year. I know it can seem really unattractive because there's no extreme hot young guy with extreme beautiful young girl and theres basically no romance, believe me..that was the only thing that held me back from watching it..but I started noticing it cause I got sneak peeks of it when I went to my moms room for 2 seconds to get towels. Then I got hooked and started watching it non stop. I rewatched episodes as much as I can. But I do recomend to people (even those who are pretty fluent in Korean) to watch with subtitles. The medical terms can really jumble up your head!

agree :rolleyes:

BYJ for top excellence award, Daesang - his role as a great king is excellent.

Are you sure you watched the right drama? White Tower is not just another hospital drama it is THE hospital drama.

hmm...White Tower is beyond good . and it is not just another hospital drama . it was selected by the magazine Dramatique Dec issue panel of critics as THE DRAMA of the year . just give it a try . i just dun want ppl to swept White Tower off just because it is another medicial drama .

bottomline is .i wish for KMM to win for Daesang , he deliver the most outstanding performance . but the overall review of the award will to be the most outstanding perforamnce which also include consider of the drama ratings as a whole package . and i think Legend will also have a high chance . anyway overall MBC has a very great year . .

http://up.dramatique.co.kr/dramatique/dramatique12.gif.

Guest kdramafanusa

hmm...White Tower is beyond good . and it is not just another hospital drama . it was selected by the magazine Dramatique Dec issue panel of critics as THE DRAMA of the year . just give it a try . i just dun want ppl to swept White Tower off just because it is another medicial drama .

bottomline is .i wish for KMM to win for Daesang , he deliver the most outstanding performance . but the overall review of the award will to be the most outstanding perforamnce which also include consider of the drama ratings as a whole package . and i think Legend will also have a high chance . anyway overall MBC has a very great year . .

http://up.dramatique.co.kr/dramatique/dramatique12.gif.

Agree. Kim Myung-min's performance was absolutely amazing to me, I am sure that a lot of viewers feel the same way. In terms of acting, he gets my vote - hands down. =)

Like Shirley & Dramaok mentioned, MBC's Daesang tends to go the lead star of their highest rated show so Legend has high chance.

TNS Media Korea - highest rated episode

Legend - 35.7% (average 29.4%)

The 1st Shop Of Coffee Prince - 29.9% (average 24.2%)

Yi San - 24.6%

White Tower - 23.2%

Thank You - 21.2%

H.I.T. - 18.6%

Time Between Dog And Wolf - 18.0%

* Previous Daesang Winners *

2006 - Song Il-kook (Jumong - highest rated episode <51.9%>)

2005 - Kim Sun-ah (My Name Is Kim Sam-soon - highest rated episode <50.5%>)

2004 - Go Doo-sim (Han River Ballad)

2003 - Lee Young-ae (Dae Jang Geum - highest rated episode <50%+++>)

Guest kdramafanusa

DAESANG and TOP EXCELLENCE can go to 2 different stars. Take a look at the result of 2003 & 2004.

* 2003 *

http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/ent/event/200...nate/index.html

DAESANG

Lee Young-ae (Dae Jang Geum)

TOP EXCELLENCE

Actor:

Kim Rae-won (Attic Cat) <winner>

Son Hyeon-joo (Woman Next Door)

Actress:

Lee Young-ae (Dae Jang Geum)

Ha Ji-won (Damo) <winner>

EXCELLENCE

Actor:

Park Kwang-hyun (Bean Chaff Of My Life)

Ahn Jae-mo (Scent Of A Man)

Lee Seo-jin (Damo) <winner>

Ji Jin-hee (Love Letter, Dae Jang Geum)

Actress:

Kong Hyo-jin (Snowman)

Bae Doo-na (Country Princess)

Soh Yoo-jin (Bean Chaff Of My Life) <winner>

Yoo Ho-jung (Woman Next Door)

* 2004 *

http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/ent/event/200...nner/index.html

DAESANG

Go Doo-sim (Han River Ballad)

TOP EXCELLENCE

Actor:

Ahn Jae-wook (Match Made In Heaven)

Lee Seo-jin (Phoenix) <winner>

Jeon Kwang-ryeol (Heroic Age)

Cha In-pyo (Heroic Age)

Cha Tae-hyun (Prince's First Love)

Choi Min-soo (Han River Ballad) <winner>

Actress:

Go Doo-sim (Han River Ballad)

Kim Hye-soo (Han River Ballad) <winner>

Myung Se-bin (Marry Me)

Uhm Jung-hwa (Tropical Nights In December)

Lee Na-young (Ireland)

Lee Eun-joo (Phoenix) <winner>

Hwang Shin-hye (Match Made In Heaven)

EXCELLENCE

Actor:

Kim Nam-jin (Tropical Nights In December)

Kim Suk-hoon (Han River Ballad) <winner>

Kim Sung-taek (Lotus Flower Fairy) <winner>

Kwon O-jung (Match Made In Heaven)

Yu Jun-sang (Marry Me)

Actress:

Kim Min-sun (Han River Ballad) <winner>

Jan Na-ra (Love Is All Around)

Jung Hye-young (Phoenix) <winner>

Choi Kang-hee (Sweet Bun)

* 2005 *

http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/ent/event/200.../vod/index.html

DAESANG

Kim Sun-ah

TOP EXCELLENCE

Actor:

Hyun Bin (My Name Is Kim Sam-soon) <winner>

Kwon Sang-woo (Sad Sonata)

Eric (Super Rookie) <winner>

Jeon Kwang-ryeol (Recipe of Love)

Actress:

Kim Sun-ah (My Name Is Kim Sam-soon) <winner>

Kim Hee-sun (Sad Sonata)

Han Hye-jin (Be Strong Geum-soon) <winner>

Jung Hye-young (Lawyers)

EXCELLENCE

Actor:

Kim Sang-kyung (Lawyers)

Kang Ji-hwan (Be Strong Geum-soon) <winner>

Oh Ji-ho (Super Rookie)

Ryu Soo-young (Next)

Actress:

Jung Ryeo-won (My Name Is Kim Sam-soon) <winner>

Eugene (Wonderful Life)

Han Ga-in (Super Rookie) <winner>

Han Ji-hye (Secret Lovers)

* 2006 *

http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/ent/event/200...nner/index.html

DAESANG

Song Il-kook

TOP EXCELLENCE

Actor:

Kim Rae-won

Son Chang-min

Song Il-kook (Jumong) <winner>

Jeon Kwang-ryeol (Jumong) <winner>

Actress:

Go Hyun-jung

Oh Yeon-soo

Ha Hee-ra <winner>

Han Hye-jin (Jumong) <winner>

EXCELLENCE

Actor:

Gong Yoo

Kim Seung-soo (Jumong) <winner>

Kim Yoon-suk <winner>

Oh Ji-ho

Chun Jung Myung

Actress:

Sung Yu-ri

Song Yoon-ah

Yoo Ho-jung

Ji Soo-won <winner>

Han Ye-seul <winner>

Guest angel2nyt

DAESANG and TOP EXCELLENCE can go to 2 different stars. Take a look at the result of 2003 & 2004.

actually most of the time, the top excellence and the excellence award goes to four people(two male and two female)

same goes for kbs.. however this year, theyre going to abandon that format,theyre now going to the same format sbs has been using for a couple of years now

kim myung min MUST win something

Guest kdramafanusa

actually most of the time, the top excellence and the excellence award goes to four people(two male and two female)

kim myung min MUST win something

What I meant to say was 'Daesang winner' doesn't have to be a winner of 'Top Excellence'. In 2003, actress Lee Young-ae lost to Ha Ji-won in 'Top Excellence - Actress' category, but she won Daesang. 2004 Daesang winner Go Doo-sim (Han River Ballad) also didn't win in 'Top Excellence - Actress' category.

I thought that the Top Excellence winners would compete for Daesang, but that's not true.

KMM for Daesang! =)

Guest hotpepper

i liked thank you better than coffee prince..... there were boring scenes which i did fast track in coffee prince but thank you it was better....the little girl acted good

Archived