[2007] Mbc Drama Awards

Guest kdramafanusa

Oh, goodness. I hope Kim Myung Min wins the Top excellence/Grand excellence(is it?) award. That's all I'll wish for. If he gets that, I don't think I'd really care for the other awards. HAHA. I'm also rooting for Gong Hyo Jin for the female top excellence award.

I agree with the person who asked where is Ha Jung Woo. Seriously. The only person from H.I.T. that got nominated was Ko Hyun Jung and truthfully, I'm not a big fan of her acting. She's not terrible, but she's not great either. =T

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kdramafanusa

Moon sori really should've been nominated for top excellence, or at least excellence.

what a crime.

Kim Myeong-Min!!! for daesang.. :wub:

I totally agree, Moon So-ri was great!

Kim Myeong-min for daesang!!! :wub:

Guest S2KangTa

Wow...the nominee's list looks tough stuff!!!

i think BYJ KMM GY is gonna win an award for sure ^^...duh??

rooting for KIM MYUNG MIN for daesang all the way!! his performance in 'white tower' is just absolutely AMAZING!

Guest smilefish

I think the results will be:

Best Couple Award

A battle between CP fans and TWSSG fans..

i have no idea who will win.. but i hope the GYEH couple from CP takes the win ^^

i have no idea of the other awards,just hope GY&EH win the BEST COUPLE AWARD....

Guest nhetski

I'll be happy with any wins for the casts of either Coffee Prince or Thank You. I had a pretty good year handicapping at the least the shows that I saw this year. It was pretty clear to me that all of these deserved people (Yoon Eun Hye, Gong Yoo, Gong Hyo-Jin, Jang Hyuk..) would be in the running, soon to be joined by the announcements for best director, writer, series, and the supporting roles for each of these extraordinary dramas. (Seo Shin-Ae, and "Mr. Lee"....Choco pie, hyung?!!.... :D)

Though I would love to see the team from Thank You (Gong Hyo-Jin and Jang Hyuk) rewarded for their moving performances in this years most outstanding series, I fear that the lead actors, production team, and show itself will be swallowed up by the tidal wave of Yoon Eun-Hye and First Shop Coffee Prince. The hype may be huge, but this baby cashed in in spades! :blink:

The sentimentalist in me would like to see experience be rewarded and have the talented and oh so deserving Gong Hyo-Jin beaming from the stage, holding the award for Top Excellance and the certain to return again and again, Yoon Eun-Hye bask in the victory of the most popular actress (an honor that she'll most surely win :wub: ), content with the knowledge that her day would eventually come. :unsure: That would be all well and good had it not been for the fact that this is the "Official Year of Go Eun-Chan!" :ph34r:

From the first time that kid came riding up on that scooter and threw her helmet off telling those freaked out ladies at the health club, "I'M A GIRLLLLLL!!!!!" It has been "My Chan's" year. :rolleyes: The third time out for the incredibly delicious Yoon Eun-Hye and it's time to let her know what her talent means to us. You don't lose album of the year in deference to lifetime acheivement if you give them the best of what's already been great. Our "Young Girl Warrior" was and is the talk of the town, the toast of the town, and one who fits the crown. :P My hat is off to all of the nominies and those to be named later. Just get used to seeing YEH going up and down those stairs quite a few times. I hope she wears comfortable shoes. :)

loved your post :) so true!

i wonder why GY was in the Excellence Award and not in Top Excellence Award? does anyone know the criteria for the nominations?

GYEH for the WIN!!!

Guest dreamy_starz

THANK YOU MUST WIN! IF NOT I SWEAR I'LL NOT WATCH ANYMORE KOREAN DRAMAS IF THEY AREN'T GIVEN ANY RECOGNITION!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!! AJA AJA HWAITING!!!!! :blush:

And Seo Shin-ae and Shin Goo weren't nominated?! I thought Seo Shin-ae should get some recognition for her role as Lee Bom in Thank You. :) Haha, Thank You must win the Best Drama Award!! ;)

Guest e.rigby

Thank You should win

Gong Hyo Jin should win

Jang Hyuk should win

Gong Hyo Jin & Jang Hyuk for best couple should win...

this drama rock 2007 year... best drama out of the year.

i totally agree! THANK YOU all the way!!!! Lee Bom and Grandpa should get something too! luv them! does anyone know if or how we can vote online?

Guest InsatiableGurL81

I hope Lee Junki wins the excellence award! He deserves it. It was top on my list for drama's. He did an extremely good job.

Storyline was very good. Strongly recommend anyone to give this drama a try. I finished this drama in two days! Just got me hooked.

My personal predictions on who will win, going on the assumption that there will be double winners for Top Excellence and Excellence Awards:

Top Excellence Award - Actor

Will win: Bae Yong Jun and Kim Myung Min

Everybody agrees that Kim Myung Min played the role of his life in White Tower. Bae Yong Jun just made a comeback after many years with TWSSG. Is there any doubt that these two will be the winners?

Top Excellence Award - Actress

Will win: Yoon Eun Hye and Gong Hyo Jin

While Yoon Eun Hye's mainstream popularity sometimes works against her, she is a shoo-in for this award. Go Eun Chan captured the nation's imagination, started the tomboyish trend and Yoon Eun Hye delivered. Nuff' said.

Gong Hyo Jin has so much talent it's only a matter of her finding the right vehicle in which to shine. She found it with Thank You, playing the selfless mother to a sick child. She always imbues her characters with a realness and honesty that helps us connect with her.

Excellence Award - Actor

Will Win: Gong Yoo and Jang Hyuk

Dark Horse: Lee Jun Ki

I was mesmerized by Gong Yoo's portrayal of Choi Han Gyul, and to me, he sold the love story of Coffee Prince. Gong Yoo's acting made us, the audience believe that he was really in love with a boy. His performance was note perfect. Not once did I feel that he was winking at the audience in his scenes with Eun Chan. He bared his soul as Choi Han Gyul, and we felt like voyeurs watching this man fall hopelessly in love. :blush:

Jang Hyuk made a great comeback with Thank You, and what a better role to play than as this uptight, cranky and compassionate doctor. Two things work against Jang Hyuk though 1) Kim Myung Min already played the doctor role this year, and was even more spectacular 2) Gong Yoo's role as a would-be gay man is more unique, and Lee Jun Ki has broken out of his pretty boy image with a trendy series which was also very well received.

Excellence Award - Actress

Will Win: Han Ji Min and Nam Sang Mi

This is the category I have the least interest in. I have not watched Lee San, but Han Ji Min appears to be consistently giving good performances. Nam Sang Mi might grab this award if Lee Jun Ki loses to Gong Yoo or Jang Hyuk.

Finally, the Dae Sang or Grang Acting Award

Will win: Bae Yong Jun

Should win: Kim Myung Min

No one deserves this award more than Kim Myung Min. He gave an outstanding, chilling performance as this ruthlessly ambitious doctor. He was absolutely outstanding. Bae Yong Jun is good, but Kim Myung Min is better. However, for leading the most anticipated drama series of the year, MBC is bound to award Yonsama. This is the cynic in me talking, I hope I'm proven wrong.

Netizen Awards

Most Popular Male - Lee Jun Ki

Most Popular Female - Yoon Eun Hye

Best Newcomer Award

Male - Philip Lee (TWSSG) or Lee Orn (Coffee Prince) - yes, Kim Dong Wook should have been nominated, he was robbed <_<

Female - Lee Ji Ah (TWSSG)

Best Couple Award

Gong Yoo & Yoon Eun Hye (Coffee Prince) - our Coffee Prince couple will bag this!

Guest silentmarj

I love your choices..... I like yeh, gong yoo and the rest of your choice to win...

anyway I would like to comment about "Coffee Prince is dominating the awards"

it's pretty obvious that coffee prince is not only popular in korea..it's all over asia...!!!

YEH for the Win

Guest dreamy_starz

i totally agree! THANK YOU all the way!!!! Lee Bom and Grandpa should get something too! luv them! does anyone know if or how we can vote online?

But they aren't nominated leh. :( Anyway, even if they aren't nominated, I hope they get some special mention at the Drama Award. :) ONce again, THANK YOU FOR THE AWARD!!

Guest Greener

I guesses and cheer

Top Excellence Award

Actor - Kim Myung Min (Behind The White Tower) / Bae Yong Jun (TWSSG)

Actress - Go Hyun Jung (H.I.T) / Yoon eun Hye (Coffee Prince)

Excellence Award

Actor - Lee Jun Ki (Time bet Dog and Wolf) / Jang Hyuk (Thank You)

Actress -Nam Sang Mi (Time between Dog and Wolf) /Han Ji Min (Lee San)

Best Newcomer

Actor - Lee Orn (Coffee Prince) / Philip Lee (TWSSG)

Actress -Park Shin Hye (Just Love) / Lee Ji Ah (TWSSG)

Netizen Awards

Most Popular Award

Actor - Kim Myung Min / Bae Yong Jun /Lee Jun Ki / Jang Hyuk

Actress - Gong Hyo Jin / Yoon Eun Hye

Best Couple Award

Gong Yoo & Yoon Eun Hye (Coffee Prince)

Bae Yong Jun & Lee Ji Ah (TWSSG)

Jang Hyuk & Gong Hyo Jin (Thank You) :DB):blink:

Guest fetedieu

Top Excellence Award

Actor - Bae Yong Jun (TWSSG)

Best Newcomer

Actress - Lee Ji Ah (TWSSG)

Netizen Awards

Most Popular Award

Actor - Bae Yong Jun

Actress - Yoon Eun Hye

Best Couple Award

Gong Yoo & Yoon Eun Hye (Coffee Prince)

Bae Yong Jun & Lee Ji Ah (TWSSG)

Well I didnt mention some because I didnt I feel so strong for them.

First, I think BJY deserves the top excellent more than any other actors for what he's done with Legend. His role involved a lot of creativeness and a profound sensitiveness. Leave all the special effects aside, playing a King with all the expectations and inner conflicts demands a great deal of imagination and he did too good a job didnt he? Like that's what a great King will look and be like :)

Second, the Best newcomer should definitely go to LJA though some will argue in favor of YEH. That's not to say YEH is not good. She is. But she's not really new, you know wat i mean. She's been around for a while, not to mention she's in showbiz much longer than that. One more reason and the same as for BJY, Legend made the job of a new comer even harder.

OK, let's go to Netizen award. For BJY I'm telling you. As for female, though my heart goes for LJA I think YEH will get it as her dramas are out for some time and netizen of course know her more. And as Legend is not yet widely viewed outside Korea at this time, LJA is underdog. Anyway, it shouldnt be that bad for LJA. Losing this award this year may do her some good. I think she'll surely go far (if she continues this career) and an award right at her first step might give her false impression and derail and a lot of pressure as well. So!

Last one, I love BJY&LJA together a lot and actually that's all what I have in mind the last two months :) However I must say GY&YEH look they're made for each other - a lot of chemistry and most importantly they are able to show their love as tha'ts what the drama was about. So I'll be lucky if both couples win - then my mind and my heart are in peace :)

First, I think BJY deserves the top excellent more than any other actors for what he's done with Legend. His role involved a lot of creativeness and a profound sensitiveness. Leave all the special effects aside, playing a King with all the expectations and inner conflicts demands a great deal of imagination and he did too good a job didnt he? Like that's what a great King will look and be like :)

yes i agree!!! he truly desevres the top excellence award...and also Daesang!! :rolleyes::D:lol:

Guest carribeane

Second, the Best newcomer should definitely go to LJA though some will argue in favor of YEH. That's not to say YEH is not good. She is. But she's not really new, you know wat i mean. She's been around for a while, not to mention she's in showbiz much longer than that. One more reason and the same as for BJY, Legend made the job of a new comer even harder.

hi just to clarify... you're right YEH is not new and she is not nominated in the Best New Actress category , rather in the Top Excellence Acting (Actress) category... so don't worry... no competition there with yr LJA =)

though of cos i'm all for YEH to win in Top Excellence, Netizen & of cos Best Couple (that chemistry was hearttuggingly amazing =)

My personal predictions on who will win, going on the assumption that there will be double winners for Top Excellence and Excellence Awards:

Top Excellence Award

Will win: Bae Yong Jun and Kim Myung Min

Everybody agrees that Kim Myung Min played the role of his life in White Tower. Bae Yong Jun just made a comeback after many years with TWSSG. Is there any doubt that these two will be the winners?

Top Excellence Award - Actress

Will win: Yoon Eun Hye and Gong Hyo Jin

[b]While Yoon Eun Hye's mainstream popularity sometimes works against her, she is a shoo-in for this award. Go Eun Chan captured the nation's imagination, started the tomboyish trend and Yoon Eun Hye delivered. Nuff' said.

Gong Hyo Jin has so much talent it's only a matter of her finding the right vehicle in which to shine. She found it with Thank You, playing the selfless mother to a sick child. She always imbues her characters with a realness and honesty that helps us connect with her. Excellence Award - Actor

Will Win: Gong Yoo and Jang Hyuk

Dark Horse: Lee Jun Ki

I was mesmerized by Gong Yoo's portrayal of Choi Han Gyul, and to me, he sold the love story of Coffee Prince. Gong Yoo's acting made us, the audience believe that he was really in love with a boy. His performance was note perfect. Not once did I feel that he was winking at the audience in his scenes with Eun Chan. He bared his soul as Choi Han Gyul, and we felt like voyeurs watching this man fall hopelessly in love. :blush: Jang Hyuk made a great comeback with Thank You, and what a better role to play than as this uptight, cranky and compassionate doctor. Two things work against Jang Hyuk though 1) Kim Myung Min already played the doctor role this year, and was even more spectacular 2) Gong Yoo's role as a would-be gay man is more unique, and Lee Jun Ki has broken out of his pretty boy image with a trendy series which was also very well received.

Excellence Award - Actress

Will Win: Han Ji Min and Nam Sang Mi

This is the category I have the least interest in. I have not watched Lee San, but Han Ji Min appears to be consistently giving good performances. Nam Sang Mi might grab this award if Lee Jun Ki loses to Gong Yoo or Jang Hyuk.

Finally, the Dae Sang or Grang Acting Award

Will win: Bae Yong Jun

Should win: Kim Myung Min

No one deserves this award more than Kim Myung Min. He gave an outstanding, chilling performance as this ruthlessly ambitious doctor. He was absolutely outstanding. Bae Yong Jun is good, but Kim Myung Min is better. However, for leading the most anticipated drama series of the year, MBC is bound to award Yonsama. This is the cynic in me talking, I hope I'm proven wrong.

Netizen Awards

Most Popular Male - Lee Jun Ki

Most Popular Female - Yoon Eun Hye

Best Newcomer Award

Male - Philip Lee (TWSSG) or Lee Orn (Coffee Prince) - yes, Kim Dong Wook should have been nominated, he was robbed <_<

Female - Lee Ji Ah (TWSSG)

Best Couple Award

Gong Yoo & Yoon Eun Hye (Coffee Prince) - our Coffee Prince couple will bag this!

ooh what a beautifully crafted citation (esp the parts I bolded) =) I couldn't agree more and you really got all my emotions abt the characters and actors/actresses spot on! hope the GYEH couple wins!

Guest starbabiee

Yoon Eun Hye for Top Excellence Award. No one can deny that this is her year and her performance in Coffee Prince was refreshing and splendid.

Gong Yoo for Excellence Award. It's time that he gets recognition for his talent.

Yoon Eun Hye for Most Popular Female Award

Gong Yoo for Most Popular Male

Gong Yoo & Yoon Eun Hye (Coffee Prince)- Best Couple for their sizzling chemistry

Archived