Kwon Sang Woo 권상우

Admin

*** According to a recent announcement, two Wavve dramas will soon begin airing on MBC due to an agreement between the relevant parties. Two episodes "Desperate Mr. X" will air on MBC, February 7th, at 9:00 PM KST. Two more episodes will air next week and the week after on MBC, at which point the drama will be complete. The six episode comedy-drama deals with the title character played by Kwon Sang-woo enduring middle-aged misfortune. MBC is currently not running reliable programming in these timeslots, so the decision to place actual dramas in them, albeit streaming ones not produced by or for MBC, does make sense. "Desperate Mr. X" will take over for a recap program of "Kokdu: Season of Deity" on Tuesdays. "Weak Hero Class 1" will immediately precede the actual broadcast of new episodes of "Kokdu: Season of Deity" on Friday night.  :heart2:

photo1624792.jpg

Written by William Schwartz - Hancinema

• 2 weeks later...

ARCHIVES - Actor Kwon Sangwoo

From MY TUTOR FRIEND to HITMAN: AGENT JUN

20230217162910afce41a8-8d54-48f8-b7bb-9fd8f81eab95.jpg

A young man who picked up a brush early on but suddenly fancied seeing himself on screen. Kwon Sangwoo, who was studying art education as he considered that the saddest thing ever was being forgotten, thought he would be remembered longer if he learned acting, and so he eventually chose the camera over a teaching career. He made his debut as an actor in the drama series Delicious Proposal (2001) and the movie Volcano High (2001), and became the leading actor of SBS drama series Stairway to Heaven (2003), My Tutor Friend (2003), and Spirit Of Jeet Keun Do – Once Upon A Time In High School (2004), becoming a Hallyu star. From his 40s, he has been building up a cheerful and dynamic filmography by taking up comedy films such as The Accidental Detective (2015), The Accidental Detective 2: In Action (2018), and Hitman: Agent Jun (2019). This week, we are taking a look back at 21 years-worth of photos of the actor who wants to bring a comfortable smile again with the release this month of Ma Daeyun's Switch 

20230217162857904564ae-2056-4266-9636-9ca1fffb1996.jpg

Kwon Sangwoo was 25 years old at the time of his first interview with film weekly Cine 21 ahead of the release of martial action movie Volcano High (2001). His role in that movie was none other than the number 1 fighter at Hwasan High School, Song Hakrim. The first thing he learned was endurance, having had to go through three rounds of auditions before enduring long shooting sessions for high-intensity wire action scenes, of which he would only be allowed breaks for meals. The rookie actor was feeling a bit nervous since he found this was relatively late to debut, having already completed his military service, but that had just made him all the more ambitious. "It's my dream to see my face on a poster at the cinema. If I could have it my way, I’d also want to win the newcomer award. I want to be crazy busy this year so that Kwon Sangwoo is the first name that comes to mind when people think of youthful actors." 

2023021716294433bf1b0c-ed2d-40ad-944d-08d00e330e0f.jpg

Kwon joined Cho Seungwoo and Shin Mina on the list ‘New Actors – 7 Rising Stars that will Brighten Up Korean Cinema’ which was compiled to commemorate the 7th anniversary of Cine21. The 7 things he listed as his favorite can let you have a better idea of what the 26-year-old was like: "Jung Woosung, Kim Sungjae (singer and rapper), my mother, the car I don’t own yet, the sea, movies, drawings." 

Spoiler

202302171630012ebea9bc-c5cc-491f-82b4-4d10bbdfcd9b.jpg

By the time he was filming Cho Uiseok's debut film Make It Big (2002), Kwon had grown so comfortable on set that he couldn't tell anymore whether he was working or just having fun. That was because Song Seungheon, who played Seonghwan, was the same age and they had first met when he was working as a model, and Kim Yeongjun, who played Jinwon, was also a close friend from that time. In the movie, Kwon, who plays Wuseob, who is “pure, very friendly, with a gravity of his own”, works with two friends to secure a bag containing 2.1 billion won. Without him even realizing it, playing the serious Song Hakrim in Volcano High might have taken a toll on his bright and light personality; it was back to full swing and he could be seen smiling again with Make It Big. 

202302171630344210dc45-08e2-4fd7-b5fb-4ec826564da7.jpg 

Ahead of the release of My Tutor FriendKwon and his co-star Kim Haneul made the cover of the 388th issue of Cine21. His character is Kim Jihun, a 20-year-old high school student who is receiving private lessons from a woman of the same age, Choi Suwan (Kim Haneul). According to him, if until then he had only played students, that’s because he was looking younger than he was, but he was already drawing the line, saying that he would never wear a school uniform anymore, even for a joke. The reason he gave was that he wanted to “change his character into one that will surprise everyone because there are many things that I’m good at and I’m confident about”. His eyes were full of enthusiasm for his work when he said he wanted to become “an actor you can tell is awesome just by looking at him like Jung Woosung, who can guess the points that the audience will enjoy like Song Kangho, and who is good at acting like Sul Kyunggu.” 

202302171631360b3a0ad2-8d52-4503-b00e-4eb0b1feb6c0.jpg

Kwon may have bid farewell to the school uniform, but Yoo Ha’s Spirit Of Jeet Keun Do – Once Upon A Time In High School is the film that made him go back on his word. “I decided to wear it just once more because I liked the scenario”, he said as he took on the role of shy transfer student Hyeonsu, who builds a friendship with Woo-shik (Lee Jungjin), the strongest fighter in school, while experiencing the pain of unrequited love when he meets Eunju (Han Gain). Showing off a performance that makes full use of his body such as a nunchaku action scene, he could recal vividly the moment when he was immersed in emotions: “It was frustrating at first because my acting was buried deep inside, but at some point I felt like, ‘This is precisely what acting is all about. I hope that with this film people will say, ‘There is something to Kwon Sangwoo’.” 

202302171632088fe425fc-9e65-44c4-ad1a-ed71ba2d2d8c.jpg

The script for Love, So Divine (2006), which he performed with Ha JiwonKwon was already carrying it around when he was filming My Tutor Friend. “I think there are a lot of things that are worth trying.” Having personally chosen this project, he actually made a lot of suggestions to the director, Huh Inmoo, while on set, and he also showed that he was keen to improvise. After taking so many physically demanding roles, in this movie he plays the role of a diligent seminary student, Gyushik. Kwon said, "If I knew it would be this easy, I wouldn’t have waited this long to play this kind of character." 

20230217163435767689eb-66dc-473a-8364-0b4e0f36a40b.jpg

Tanned skin, unkempt beard, and disheveled hair; Kwon was literally unrecognizable when he walked onto the interrogation room set built in the Bundang Design Center for Running Wild (2006) in July 2005. Playing Jang Doyeong, a wild and aggressive detective in the homicide unit, he would not let go of Yoo Jitae, who plays the role of the prosecutor who is at odds with him, until the end of the take. Kwon, whose face was betraying that he was exhausted both physically and mentally from giving blows all day long, muttered, "I'd rather be the one who gets beaten." 

20230217163515d073e78b-4245-42b0-be5d-4c8c84d52c38.jpg

Kwon starred in Chinese Zodiac (2012), which was directed by Jackie Chan, and attended the 59th Cannes Film Festival as part of its promotion. “This film is important to me in that it is the result of my efforts to start a career in China”, he said. 

2023021716354214afdb5d-9b84-49d4-a4e6-1f43bb996b26.jpg

After years of participating in Chinese films and Korean series, The Accidental Detective is the title that brought Kwon back to Korean films for the first time in four years. He confessed the anxiety he felt during that time, saying, "I was uncomfortable and sad because it felt like I had left the industry." In his comeback work, Kang Daeman, a comic book store owner who also runs an online community that specializes in unsolved murders, teama up with Sung Dongil, who plays Detective Roh Taesu from the Metropolitan Police Department, to investigate a murder case. “I’m nervous because it’s the first time I’m being portrayed as your man next door, but isn’t it time for me to show my normal self without pretension? At this rate, even going back to the kind of roles that people find cool is on the table. If you are an actor, it’s possible.” 

202302171636132ba4af76-0dee-4726-ba7c-fd90001403c2.jpg

You could catch a glimpse of confidence in Kwon when he chose Hitman: Agent Jun. It may be because, with both installments in the Detective series having passed the break-even point, he was now widely recognized by the public as an actor with a good sense for comedy. While filming this new comedy film, he realized “how great the sense of joy and achievement is when the audience suddenly reacts at moments in the film where you didn’t expect it at all.” In Hitman: Agent Jun, his role is that of Jun, a former hitman for the National Intelligence Service who became a webtoon author. In this project, which he joined as soon as production for The Divine Move 2: The Wrathful (2019) was completed, he was given the occasion to show his best action performance, and his character also called to minds his childhood when he was drawing. When asked what is his secret to have maintained such an active career since his debut, the answer he gave was just like him: “To be honest, I am always confident when filming. The end result may be successful or not, but I have no fear of failure. Doing your best and quickly accepting whatever outcome – that’s what matters.” 

202302171636284203bccd-74f9-4f35-a531-7757570b2b17.jpg

credit : http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/eng/news/features.jsp?pageIndex=1&blbdComCd=601013&seq=607&mode=FEATURES_VIEW&returnUrl=&searchKeyword=

Male stars’ marriages that were strongly criticized: Kwon Sang Woo and Lee Seung Gi were under heavy fire for partner choice, Kimura Kakuya’s career almost went to dust 

With perseverance, these male stars pulled through and some were finally accepted by the public. 

Male actors at the peak of their career usually suffer a blow to their popularity after announcing their marriage to the public. The damage might be a strong impact on their career or almost irreversible as the audience turned their backs on them. 

Kwon Sang Woo

Kwon Sang Woo and Son Tae Young are currently the ideal couple of Korean showbiz for their stable and happy relationship. However, it was not always the same in the past.

In 2008, when Kwon Sang Woo went public with the former “Miss Korea” Son Tae Young, he did not receive support from fans due to the actress’ complex past with other actors. 

Sang Woo’s club plunged from 240,000 members to only 135,000 overnight. Seven of his current collaborating brands terminated their advertising contracts out of fear that they would be negatively affected after his dating announcement. 

kwon sang woo
kwon sang woo

In light of the boycott, Sang Woo was firm with his decision. He proposed to Tae Young on an air balloon in Australia and planned a grand wedding to get married. With time, Sang Woo and his relationship were accepted and the actor began making his return to the field. After 15 years together, the couple is having a happy married life with two kids, Luke and Riho. 

Spoiler

kwon-sang-woo-2-022023.webp

(skipped unrelated.....)

Source: Naver

***In Korea, many people would ask you about your blood type as an icebreaker. There is a saying that certain blood types show different personality traits. Those with blood type O is said to be competitive, funny and also someone good with their priorities. I'm Type O, too and this should be taken with a light heart!    :7555_attack:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Korean Celebrities With Blood Type O

Kwon_SangWoo_profile_s_0210.jpg

source : Kpopmap

*** Kwon Sang Woo has paid a penalty of 1 billion won (approximately $768,238) to the National Tax Service. Earlier this week, it was reported that he and his agency Su Company had recently undergone an irregular (special) tax audit by the National Tax Service. According to the report, he was suspected of attempting to evade taxes by purchasing five luxury cars—including a Maybach, a Ferrari, and a Rolls Royce—through a corporation he’d established. He was also reportedly suspected of having attempted to evade taxes by purchasing a 28 billion won (approximately $25 million at the time) building through his company, instead of in his own name, back in 2018. Yesterday, March 1, his Agency announced that he had paid a 1 billion won penalty and explained, “The tax authorities requested an explanation of the recognition period for profits and losses, and because there was a discrepancy for part of the recognition period, we filed an amended return and voluntarily paid [the penalty]. There was no omission or tax evasion. We simply made an amendment because payment and refunds were issued at the same time.”   :ohboy2:

0006658315_001_20230301134801570.jpg?typ

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=421&aid=0006658315

*** Kwon Sang Woo’s side explained the suspicion of tax evasion. TODAY, March 3rd, his agency Su Company announced their official position, “There is a possibility of misunderstanding regarding the tax audit by the National Tax Service in 2020, and incorrect information is being expanded and reproduced, so we would like to correct it.  The report that actor Kwon Sang Woo ‘purchased 5 supercars worth hundreds of millions of won under the name of the corporate body he set up and used them to evade taxes’ is clearly not true. At the time of the tax audit, there were a total of 4 vehicles owned by Su Company, including one domestic SUV, one domestic sedan, one imported SUV and one imported sedan. We inform you that there was no problem because all 4 cars were operated for business purposes to and from the filming site, and they were recognized as corporate body vehicles for business use in the tax investigation.  The report that ‘all the vehicles in question were sold’ is not true. Even after the tax audit, they were used as corporate body vehicles for business purposes for a while. In the case of the imported sedan, it was sold out of necessity.  Actor Kwon Sang Woo has been paying taxes faithfully. At the time of the 2020 tax audit, the tax authorities asked for clarification on the timing of the profit and loss attribution. There was a difference in the timing, so we voluntarily paid taxes after completing the revised return. We would like to inform you that it’s not tax omission or evasion. Payment and refund occurred at the same time, so it was a report of correction.”   :heart2beat:

Kwon-Sang-woo-11-030323.webp

source : https://news.nate.com/view/20230303n05734?mid=n1008

5 Savage Korean Action Movies to Watch This Year

From Assassination to A Bittersweet Life, below is a list of 15 of the finest Korean action movies that you simply cannot miss out on.

While a better part of Korean content has repeatedly managed to sweep audiences off their feet, Korean action movies are still gaining momentum in terms of their popularity. Like any other facet of Korean cinema, Korean action movies are simply mind-blowing. Gritty, captivating and spectacularly smooth, these movies are praised for their thrilling innovations and lightning-fast action sequences. 

In the past couple of years. There has been a conspicuous rise in the popularity of Korean action movies. Movies like Kim Jee Woon’s ‘A Bittersweet Life’ and Bong Joon Ho’s ‘Snowpiercer’ have been welcomed by audiences for their excellent narration and brilliant screenplay. Below is a list of 15 such equally heart-pounding Korean action movies that    you simply cannot miss.

9 | Once Upon a Time in High School: The Spirit of Jeet Kune Do 

1678207669_mj3ewc.jpg

• Release Year: 2004
  • Directed By: Yoo Ha 
  • Stars: Kwon Sang Woo as Hyun Soo, Lee Jung Jin as Woo Shik, Lee Jeong Hyeok as Jong Hun, Han Ga In as Eun Ju, Kim In Kwon as Jiksae
  • Streaming Platform: Netflix
  • Run Time: 1h 56m
  • Movie description: Hyun Soo is a school boy who is repeatedly subjected to unforgiving violence and brutality both at home and school following which he decides to turn his life around. 
  • Plot: Hyun Soo (Kwon Sang Woo) is a school boy who has recently transferred schools. His new school is nothing like his old school and has exposed him to an enormous amount of bullying and violence. To add insult to injury, he realises that he cannot even seek solace back home where his father treats him like the bullies at school. Hyun Soo then decides to take the reins of his life in his own hands and master the art of Jeet Kune Do. Jeet Kune Do is a form of martial arts that has been nurtured and practised by his childhood hero Bruce Lee. A series of violent encounters between Hyun Soo and the people who surround him cause him to get expelled from school. He then resorts to blaming games and complaining until finally realising that formal education is not the only chance one has at a good life. 

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/15-savage-korean-action-movies-to-watch-this-year-1211744

• 2 weeks later...

*** It was announced yesterday, March 20 that the new Disney+ Korean original series "Han River" starring Kwon Sang-woo, will hit the streaming platform in the latter half of this year. The new crime procedural series will center on police officers at a precinct that patrols the Han River, dealing with crimes along the river. The Han River is a communal area where people can enjoy recreational sports and relax. Kwon Sang Woo will play the role of Han Doo-jin, a hot-tempered sergeant at the precinct, and actor Kim Hee-won will play his co-worker as Lee Chun-seok, who has a completely opposite personality. This will be the second time the two will star together, after the film "The Divine Move 2: The Wrathful."  Actress Bae Da-bin will take on the role of police officer Do Na-hee who has a crush on Han Doo-jin.  

:shaq:

credit : Korea Times

*** Upcoming Disney+ "Han River" has just released its casting lineup, and it’s looking good so far. Centering around the officers of the Han River police station, the drama will showcase the various crimes that disrupt the riverbank’s peace. There isn’t much information about the drama just yet, but with these two actors at the helm alongside the solid supporting cast, I’m inclined to put my faith in it.

"Han River"  is slated to premiere on Disney+ and Hulu in the latter half of this year.  :shaq:

AKR20230320123500005_01_i_P4.jpg

AKR20230320123500005_02_i_P4.jpg

source : https://www.yna.co.kr/view/AKR20230320123500005?input=1195m

• 2 weeks later...

25 K-Dramas To Celebrate 25 Memorable Years With Soompi

25-dramas-4.jpg?s=900x600&e=t

Can you believe it—Soompi is 25 years old!

Soompi first launched in 1998, and we have loved experiencing all the excitement of Korean entertainment with you.

Thank you for continuing to support Soompi, and walk down memory lane with us as we celebrate the past 25 years with a drama that aired each year!

2003: “Stairway to Heaven

stairway-to-heaven.jpeg

“Stairway to Heaven” tells the emotional love stories of four men and women struggling with hopeless romance. Cha Song Joo (Kwon Sang Woo) and Han Jeong Seo (Choi Ji Woo) who have lost a father and a mother, respectively, spend their childhood together like real siblings (played by Baek Sung Hyun and Park Shin Hye as children), relying heavily on each other. However, after Jeong Seo’s father marries Tae Mi Ra (Lee Hwi Hyang), Mi Ra and her daughter Yu Ri (Kim Tae Hee) keep harassing Jeong Seo out of jealousy.

Watch “Stairway to Heaven” below:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

Korean Romantic Movies according to their IMDb ratings

10. More Than Blue (2009)

• Movie Genre: Drama, Romance
  • Duration: 105 min
  • Star Cast: Kwon Sang Woo, Lee Bo Young, Beom Su Lee, Jong Hak Choi
  • Director: Won Tae Yeon 
  • Year of release: 2009
  • OTT Platform: Disney+
  • IMDb Rating: 7.5/10

Streaming on Disney + Hotstar, More than Blue is one of the best Korean romantic movies that feature the story of terminally ill K, who is in love but decides not to confess. Watch the movie to know about this doomed romantic tale. 

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Pinkvilla

• 4 weeks later...

*** Disney+ unveils its first look at a wealth of upcoming Korean originals slated to debut and currently airing on the service in 2023.   :ohboy2:

5. Han River Police

IMG_20230506_162413.jpg?resize=780%2C439

Starring: Kwon Sang Woo and Kim Hee Won

Synopsis: A fictional comedy-action series that depicts the crazy antics of Seoul’s Han River Police Force as they patrol the waterways and respond to emergency situations including terrorist incidents, accidents, and more.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://annyeongoppa.com/2023/05/08/list-of-tv-series-documentaries-and-variety-shows-coming-to-disney-this-2023/Synopsis: A fictional comedy-action series that depicts the crazy antics of Seoul’s Han River Police Force as they patrol the waterways and respond to emergency situations including terrorist incidents, accidents, and more.

• 2 weeks later...

*** Kwon Sang Woo said that his 14-year-old son wants to be a soccer or basketball  player. He said that his son does not want to follow his footsteps. His son is  named Kwon Ruk Hee. He frequently appears on his mother’s SNS. Because of his reserved nature, most of his photos are taken from behind. However, at the age of 14, he is showing a noticeable appearance change. He is now 173cm tall and is almost at a similar height as his father. Even Kwon Sang Woo is taken aback by his son’s sudden growth. He grows at a much faster pace than his peers. Kwon Sang Woo revealed his son dreamt of becoming a soccer player from a young age. He also reached the difficult part of parenting. Now that his son is in puberty, he has to be extra careful in the way he talks to his son. Kwon Sang Woo often has to travel between the U.S. and Korea. Many times, he has to talk to his family through video calls. Nonetheless, his son does not like this. As a teenager, Ruk Tee is pretty timid and distant from his father. Currently, the family is setting down their roots in the U.S. Son Tae Young has retired from the entertainment industry to focus on taking care of her family. They have been married for 15 years and have two children together.   :sweet:

Kwon-Sang-Woo-1852023-817x1024.webp

Kwon-Sang-Woo-son-18520232.webp

Kwon-Sang-Woo-son-185202324.webp

source : https://kbizoom.com/kwon-sang-woos-14-year-old-son-does-not-want-to-follow-in-his-fathers-footsteps-the-actor-reveals/

• 3 weeks later...

*** Another comic action series was born. Kwon Sang Woo and the rest of the cast will continue the success of "Hitman: Agent Jun" as a sequel. "Hitman 2" is currently on pre-production stage and will crank in around early June. "Hitman: Agent Jun" (director Choi Won-Sub, distribution Lotte Entertainment, production Berry Good Studio), which was released in theaters in early 2020, was successful with the story of legendary assassin Jun who fled the NIS because he wanted to become a webtoon artist, portraying first-class secrets in his drawings. In the "Hitman 2", Kwon Sang-woo plays the legendary assassin Jun.   :kaching3:

photo1675128.jpg

photo1675127.jpg

source : Hancinema

Pin on Gif

NEW EVENT!

Quick Poll - A K-Drama Addict's Guide to Popular Korean Words and Phrases!

So how many words have you picked up since you started watching K-dramas?  Find out by taking a short quiz. Vote for the words you are inadverently using in your daily conversation with your non K-drama watching chingus and driving them crazy. Let us know how you fared. :happydance:

re: Your friendly neighbourhood EO team :innocent:

@confusedheart @partyon @agenth and @Sleepy Owl

• 4 weeks later...

*** Disney+ shared the lineup of its upcoming Korean originals for the second half of this year including "Han River Police."  Directed by Kim Sang-chul, the upcoming comedy action series, "Han River Police," centers around a precinct covering the river. Patrolling the waterways along the river, the police officers at the precinct ― played by Kwon Sang-woo, and Kim Hee-won ― deal with crimes and emergency situations, including terrorist incidents.   :loveu:

credit : https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2023/07/688_354664.html

Disney+ unveils new shows starring BTS, Ji Chang-wook and more 

Disney+ has revealed its new lineup of Asia Pacific (APAC) content with original titles since The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific’s 2022 Content Showcase.

It said the consumer response to Disney’s APAC originals in the first half of the year has been positive. 

“With the success of our initial wave of APAC originals, we will continue to build on this momentum by delivering exceptional storytelling through the second half of 2023 and beyond,” said Carol Choi, executive vice president of Original Content Strategy, The Walt Disney Company APAC. 

“Thrillers, crime-action and fantasy, centered on strong storylines from Korea and Japan, are resonating with audiences and we look forward to continued collaboration with leading content creators and storytellers from this region,” added Choi. 

In the second half of 2023 through 2024, Disney will release some of its most anticipated local APAC originals and stories. These include: 

From Korea:

Moving – Adapted from the webtoon of the same name by famed Korean author Kangfull, “Moving” stars Ryu Seungryong, Han Hyojoo and Zo Insung in a captivating story about a group of superpowered individuals on the run from government forces and a mysterious assassin who has been dispatched to take them all out. Moving is slated to debut exclusively on Disney+ on Aug. 9.

The Worst of Evil – In 1990s Seoul, a former DJ seizes control of a gang and begins pushing a potent new drug (nicknamed “Gangnam Crystal”) in the city’s nightclubs. With little known about the source of this drug, rural police officer Park Joonmo is recruited to bring down the trafficking triangle from the inside. Slated to debut later this year exclusively on Disney+, this new series stars Ji Changwook; “Squid Game” actor Wi Hajoon, and Lim Semi.

Vigilante- A star student at the police academy, Jiyong is a burgeoning martial arts master and a bookish academic who has spent over a decade haunted by the image of his mother being murdered in front of him by a stranger. Exacting his revenge on the non-repentant offender, Jiyong is set along a path that will see him target other offenders, using the knowledge gained at the police academy to avoid being caught in “Vigilante.”

Soundtrack #2 – In 2022, “Soundtrack #1” captured audiences with its touching story of unrequited love and emotionally poignant score. With “Soundtrack #2,” the fan-favorite series returns late 2023 with a new storyline of two young sweethearts who break up after six years together, only to be reconnected again. Starring Keum Saerok and Steve Sanghyun Noh, “Soundtrack #2” will also see the return of Kim Heewon, the director behind the show’s hit first series.

BTS Monuments: Beyond The Star - An exclusive Disney+ original and part of Disney’s collaboration with HYBE, this music docu-series will chart the incredible journey of 21st century pop icons BTS. With unprecedented access to a vast library of music and footage over the past nine years, the series will feature the daily lives, thoughts and plans of BTS members, as they prepare for their second chapter.

Han River Police- Starring Kwon Sang-woo and Kim Heewon, this upcoming Korean fictional comedy action series follows the crazy antics of Seoul’s Han River Police Force as they patrol the waterways and respond to emergency situations including terrorist incidents, accidents and more.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : https://mb.com.ph/2023/7/11/disney-unveils-new-shows-starring-bts-ji-chang-wook-and-more

4 Underrated Korean Comedy Films To Check Out: ‘Midnight Runners,’ ‘6/45,’ More!

With the influx of romantic dramas and fantasy series in the Hallyu scene, only watching works from these genres can be pretty tiresome.

A good old comedy film is one of the best ways to destress as it helps you release endorphins to make you feel better throughout the day.

Here are four underrated comedy films that you must check out this week. Keep on reading.

'The Accidental Detective 2: In Action'

With Lee Kwang Soo, Sung Dong Il and Kwon Sang Woo in the bunch, the work is guaranteed to be fun and top-notch.

In "The Accidental Detective 2: In Action," the trio gets caught up in a relentless chase and unexpected guests as they solve a life-threatening crime mission.

Despite the work's serious undertones, the actors still presented their dorkiness and laugh-inducing action stunts that actually work which leave the viewers jaw-dropped.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/130472/20230717/4-underrated-korean-comedy-films-check-out-midnight-runners-6-45-more.htm

• 2 weeks later...

*** Kwon Sang Woo‘s wife, Son Tae Young, has started her own YouTube channel and introduced their New Jersey home in her first video. She described the home as the place where she lives while in the United States, highlighting the positive aspects of living there, such as the clean air and waking up to the sound of birds chirping in the morning. She also mentioned that she has been in the U.S. for nearly four years. Upon opening the large front door and entering the house, there is a resting area on the left and a spacious reading room on the right. The kitchen caught attention with its 6-burner gas stove and a large oven. Son Tae Young revealed that she handles all the housekeeping and cooking by herself, as she finds it a bit inconvenient to seek help from others in the U.S. She  jokingly shared that Kwon Sang Woo always asks why she constantly cleans, to which she responds with a smile, “The house doesn’t clean itself.”  She also revealed about the backyard, sharing how deer frequently come by their backyard, casually roaming around and nibbling on the grass. Next, she excitedly mentioned the house’s basement, which provides a wonderful area for her children, and Kwon Sang Woo’s home gym, which has been converted into a fun playroom for the kids. Lastly, she showed around the second floor with the children’s rooms, a bathroom, and a walk-in closet. Son Tae Young shared that their daughter Rook Hee faced challenges when she came to the U.S. in 5th grade due to language barriers, but now she talks about how difficult it was back then.   :Ohboy3:

2023072801002081100270602.jpg

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20230727130054925